facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2016, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I will agree I have a very busy life, and I am involved in plenty of activities, curriculum, extra curricul, etc. However I am quite passionate about bangladesh cricket and rather vocal about it which is why i regularly visit this forum.

And truth to be told, posting on BC is indeed a waste of time because some of us have better things to do - studies, work, family, gym, etc. It is hard to dedicate time to a forum really because nothing productive is coming out of it. All i am getting is having some fun chit-chat with Nekre bro and Al-sagar bhais "doomed" commnets.

However, BC's main issue is the lack of members which in turn does not give you the vibe of visiting the site often. Just imagine, you open BC on one faithful day only to see threads with like what 7-8 replies, now that does not interest you. This way, the member count keeps decreasing. Diversity too is an issue. There was IanW, DC is around sometimes, Shivfan, Austin, few Paks, brockley, Zimfan but they are not around as often as you would like

And its not like Banglacricket has any advertisement oppurtunity. I just happened to stumble upon just like 90% of the members in this forum if not more. And since i saw this site, it has not really been altered much. Same old bland taste.

BC is not a commercial site, and by working on this forum you are not going to get paid a dime which is why there really isn't much people who are willing to put in the effort to renovate the site, advertise it or run professionally.

However, I do feel that its rather boring without some of the senior members of the site. AsifTheSissyRahman, and Zunaed bhai. Those people made the forum interesting. Lets just accept BC is a sinking boat just like West Indies cricket. Unless some major efforts are taken, it will be doomed to be as such unless we make an effort.

For starters, we can do something around to help out the forum. You and me Shamim bro, but i have zero skill regarding editorial stuff, or website development, etc.

Old January 20, 2016, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I doubt the members who left, left because of BC, life caught up with these members, BC is very adictive and can take lot of your time. so you cant blame BC administration for guys who left.
well BC was once trigger happy when it comes to banning... that has something to do with it too... some interesting guys leaving.... it's an ego thing...

ANd then you have some moderators with very poor judgement...

The thing is what you guys don't know are numbers.. you may feel it's boring but if the sites visit numbers are going up month over month... nobody cares.

But i agree life caught up.... ppl change become bz....
Old January 20, 2016, 03:40 PM
Cricket Savant

khelay here giye eto checha mechi kisher...

khelay haar jit (not harpreet singh) achei

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 21, 2016, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Is there a reset button in BC?

I read of stories about the good ole days when discussions were authentic and members were encouraged to visit this site.

One reason for the decline is deeply rooted in the spiraling growth of social media.

BC was created before all this social media mumbo-jumbo. Fans and members had a closeness and togetherness feeling when visiting this site. Then social media came and muddy the waters, breaking the strong bonds that were created in this tightly knitted environment.

The result... members lost interest, they could see their team play and follow scores live without coming over here and engrossing themselves in a genuine match thread. A match thread that was created with love and passion...and one whose creator had to compete with other members in order to be 'the' match thread...kalpurush and bujhee kom bro I remembered.

I am present here in BC with the same passion I had when I created aklemalp's profile...love for a team that was struggling in world cricket...look where that team is today...

Fellow members, you should be proud that the Tigers are able to rise among the ranks and kicking @sses.

Honestly, I care less about the site crashing down last month...what was lost? A couple of posts..hmm a few members...

We should all be fortunate enough that there's no permanent blackout of this site...that we are still able to follow, discuss, and share the passion of the Tigers here and only here!!!.

Just a little thought, we can never go back to the glory days of BC...but, we can create an environment that's better than its ever been and essentially make it into something that transcendental...
Old January 21, 2016, 08:49 PM
Cricket Savant

and then he reveals his identity ^^^^^^^

Old January 21, 2016, 09:16 PM
Cricket Savant

^^Highly unlikley
Old January 21, 2016, 11:04 PM
Cricket Guru

The dip in members fluctuated largely in 2014 when a lot of people just gave up on BD. Many users/posters just didn't return even after our success after/
Old January 22, 2016, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I think many fans are not yet ready to accept Ryad as a core player.
He is no less than Tamim,Mushy.
It will be interesting to see how he performs in overseas tours, specially out of sub continent.
Old January 22, 2016, 02:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think many fans are not yet ready to accept Ryad as a core player.
He is no less than Tamim,Mushy.
It will be interesting to see how he performs in overseas tours, specially out of sub continent.
Well, we already saw that in the World Cup, didn't we
Old January 23, 2016, 11:27 PM
Cricket Savant

The Asia Cup kobe?

Old January 24, 2016, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Is there a reset button in BC?

I read of stories about the good ole days when discussions were authentic and members were encouraged to visit this site.

One reason for the decline is deeply rooted in the spiraling growth of social media.

BC was created before all this social media mumbo-jumbo. Fans and members had a closeness and togetherness feeling when visiting this site. Then social media came and muddy the waters, breaking the strong bonds that were created in this tightly knitted environment.

The result... members lost interest, they could see their team play and follow scores live without coming over here and engrossing themselves in a genuine match thread. A match thread that was created with love and passion...and one whose creator had to compete with other members in order to be 'the' match thread...kalpurush and bujhee kom bro I remembered.

I am present here in BC with the same passion I had when I created aklemalp's profile...love for a team that was struggling in world cricket...look where that team is today...

Fellow members, you should be proud that the Tigers are able to rise among the ranks and kicking @sses.

Honestly, I care less about the site crashing down last month...what was lost? A couple of posts..hmm a few members...

We should all be fortunate enough that there's no permanent blackout of this site...that we are still able to follow, discuss, and share the passion of the Tigers here and only here!!!.

Just a little thought, we can never go back to the glory days of BC...but, we can create an environment that's better than its ever been and essentially make it into something that transcendental...
If social media is the reason of this decline then other cricket forums would have been barren by now too. Bangladesh isn't the only country using Facebook, just take a look at Pakistan's cricket forums, it is thriving with1000 users online everyday. It all comes down to how well the site is run and how cconcerned the people running it are about growing the community here and keeping the main website active. Bangla cricket has to be like the cricinfo of Bangladesh, only then will people sign up to discuss cricket. At the moment site is becoming stagnant due to lack of attention and ambition. We have this same bland theme also in the forums, no change to make the website appealing to everyone or market it for the new users.

Old users will come and go but we are not pulling in new members to replace them.

Banglacricket needs a big makeover along with advertising it to the public so they know this is the home of discussing Bangladesh cricket.
Old January 24, 2016, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

is PSL before or after Asia cup ?
Old January 24, 2016, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

^before Asia Cup

and I believe all of our boys will participate in it. Also, I hope that Sabbir is picked by any team would love to see him in a foreign league
Old January 24, 2016, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
^before Asia Cup

and I believe all of our boys will participate in it. Also, I hope that Sabbir is picked by any team would love to see him in a foreign league
don't think Musta will go
It is strange that they did not consider Sabbir altough he was MoM in our T20 win vs Pak.
Old January 24, 2016, 06:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Rejuvenated Pakistani bowling attack is ripping apart New Zealand....

Mohammad Irfan
Mohammad Amir
Anwar Ali
Wahab Riaz

oooh! that's a good seam bowling attack
Old January 24, 2016, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Azhar Ali is not that great of a captain though, he let the Kiwi's rebuild after that initial collapse....

150 comes up for blackcaps
Old January 24, 2016, 08:47 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

NZ batting depth is endless. Even their quicks can hit fast bowlers for sixes
Old January 24, 2016, 09:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Rejuvenated Pakistani bowling attack is ripping apart New Zealand....

Mohammad Irfan
Mohammad Amir
Anwar Ali
Wahab Riaz

oooh! that's a good seam bowling attack
it is not that great of a bowling attack. Amir is very good. But Irfan is ordinary, Wahab Riaz only has short ball and Anwar Ali is medium quick. Frankly our pace attack of Musta/Rubel/Taskin is much better.
Old January 24, 2016, 09:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
it is not that great of a bowling attack. Amir is very good. But Irfan is ordinary, Wahab Riaz only has short ball and Anwar Ali is medium quick. Frankly our pace attack of Musta/Rubel/Taskin is much better.
Maybe it was the early overcast conditions...but excellent recovery from the BlackCaps.
Old January 25, 2016, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
If social media is the reason of this decline then other cricket forums would have been barren by now too. Bangladesh isn't the only country using Facebook, just take a look at Pakistan's cricket forums, it is thriving with1000 users online everyday. It all comes down to how well the site is run and how cconcerned the people running it are about growing the community here and keeping the main website active. Bangla cricket has to be like the cricinfo of Bangladesh, only then will people sign up to discuss cricket. At the moment site is becoming stagnant due to lack of attention and ambition. We have this same bland theme also in the forums, no change to make the website appealing to everyone or market it for the new users.

Old users will come and go but we are not pulling in new members to replace them.

Banglacricket needs a big makeover along with advertising it to the public so they know this is the home of discussing Bangladesh cricket.

I didn't say that social media was the only reason...but one of the reasons for the decline...

Also, u mentioned other forums. That they have thrived. It's probably because they're having alot of outside influences, diversity, etc... they have way more activity in their forums.

On this website's homepage there is link on which to listen to Bangla radio..I think...when you click it, it goes to a website that doesn't even exist anymore.

I am for updating and new makeover..but since this is a forum where people are voluntary, that may be a tough task.

Maybe those people who are running those other forums are paid handsomely...

Advertising may be a good vehicle..kinda like how Facebook added that to its forum a few years ago.

PSA to all old members visiting the forum:

Input some suggestions...if not a sentence, a single word.
Old January 25, 2016, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Affliation with some other organizations like BCSA? bdcricteam.com?
Old January 25, 2016, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Random but may as well share.

Lar Corbett is a hurler for the Tipperary hurling team (hurling is our no.1 sport) and for some reason (will search) he's in Bangladesh at the moment.

https://twitter.com/larcorbett/statu...73220508463104

Anyway, he joined in a street cricket game and played a few balls, albeit with a hurley lol

https://www.facebook.com/larcorbetts...9816421169672/

To those who arent aware, this is hurling (fastest field game on earth) and what cricket has to compete against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i3-Qk7FNeQ

And this is the man himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPhLCJZ57X0

PS: Why the hell is it so hard to find out how to embed videos here.
Old January 25, 2016, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Random but may as well share.....

PS: Why the hell is it so hard to find out how to embed videos here.
Donal C bro, you can copy and paste this:

You can do this with any youtube video.
Old January 27, 2016, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

In 2000 U-19 South Africa beat U-19 Bangladesh. It took us 16 years to make wins like this blase.

Old January 28, 2016, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Will Hossain get the (Mamu) backing of Hassan?

Nazmul Hossian Santo is talented and matured for his age. And Nazmul Hassan Papon is the most powerful person in BCB.