facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
Our former president H M Ershad je ki inteview dilo live tv-te tato keu kichu bollo na
paniwala bhai abar ki koilo...you have the details...bro.

Old February 28, 2012, 05:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Dont you dare mock Ershad... Cricket in Bangladesh was introduced by him in the early 80s...hence he considers himself the father of our cricket....

Hahaha...how he managed to keep a straight face, mind you beta politician manush, chapabaaji kora in public toh natural
Old February 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Oh wow...that Ershad interview...
Old February 28, 2012, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Dont you dare mock Ershad... Cricket in Bangladesh was introduced by him in the early 80s...hence he considers himself the father of our cricket....

Hahaha...how he managed to keep a straight face, mind you beta politician manush, chapabaaji kora in public toh natural

Yes SIR. Sorry SIR. r vhul hobe na Turbo da
Bongabondhu amader jatir pita
Ershat amader cricket-er pita

-----------------

ish Shakib, Mushfiq erokom chapabaji hoile to kothai chilo na...ken je tara shob kicchur-i honest answer dei. Loitta uncle-er kach theke oder political speech 101 -er course (mane chapabaji course) newa dorkar.
Old February 28, 2012, 05:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Lol everyone complaining about the semi-final situation and he does the same and he becomes a cry-baby? As the captain of a team, how can he prepare for a semi-final not knowing which team he is going to face and finding out on the morning of the match? How is there any credibility left after that? And from what I read above he isn't blaming the loss on this at all, even in the presentation he distinctly blamed the dropped catches for the loss. His only point is that it doesn't look good to the rest of the world. So if a reporter asks him on his reaction to this ****up what is he meant to say? It happens? Umm NEWSFLASH no it doesn't happen. I don't understand why in any way it would affect his credibility as national team captain.

As for the payment issue, the franchises made a commitment to the players. And I agree there is no need to throw a tantrum over this especially since a significant portion has already been paid and the tournament just finished. But he also may just be relaying the complaints the foreign players might have. To them a commitment is a commitment.
Agreed whole-heartedly.

Mushfiq's honesty and integrity comes through time and time again through his body-language and in the way he carries himself not only as a national cricketer, but also as a human being. As Equinox pointed out, Mushy pointed out exactly where his frustration lies about the loss. We should rather be commending him for being outspoken in front of the local media, especially being a prime figure in a society like ours.

Having said that, Mushfiq could have handled the questions on payments more diplomatically. Not keeping commitments is certainly not a surprise to him, and trying to be so blunt about his own employers will probably come back to bite his own rear.
Old February 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

stadium e Khaleda thakle bolto I'm the founder of Ershad.

jaihok, regarding Mushy's interview,well he said the truth, as he is the national team's capt. he can get a little more involved.
Old February 28, 2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

So if Mushy is to be praised, then do we go after Hodge for this answers....

After all, he downplayed ALL the criticisms...beta ki amader patronize kortesilo naaki?

Give us the ugly truth Brad!
Old February 28, 2012, 05:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^I wonder if Hodge would have downplayed the criticisms had his team not got the decision they wanted re. the semi-finals or if they had lost the match...
Old February 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cricket Savant

arey bhai, Hodge is a bideshi, he had to be more diplomatic agami bochor abar phire ashte hobe na tachara ekhono ekta khela baki achey.
Old February 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
arey bhai, Hodge is a bideshi, he had to be more diplomatic agami bochor abar phire ashte hobe na tachara ekhono ekta khela baki achey.
Kintu BPL is a disgrace, there will be no 'agami bocchor'

Old February 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Savant

^^next yr e oboshshoi hobe, eshob controversy /disgrace taka'r chaka'r niche chapa porey
Old February 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

I thought Mushy is more matured and cool headed.. he shouldn't have talked about these inside stories in front of the press/media.. It's a bad reputation for BD.. He shouldn't lose his cool.. hope he realizes that as we want him to continue as our captain...
Old February 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

LOL. who let Ershad get in front of the mic. 'I'm the founder of cricket in Bangladesh'. What a clown.
Old February 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

I think Mushy was pissed off with the defeat
He shouldn't have said "It's only possible in BD" although it's kind a true but....
Old February 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
He shouldn't have said "It's only possible in BD" although it's kind a true but....
Yeah he was frustrated and rightly so.. but still these players have to be more diplomatic.. Shakib lost his captaincy for not being diplomatic.. Mushy should be more careful while uttering a word in the media .. shotrur to obhab nai charidike.. Shakib- Tamim er pichhe lege achhe shobshomoi pore Mushy keo chharbe na
Old February 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Yes..this is the most critical part of his whole statement which is going to bite for a long time. In the West, there are more late payments/no payment/no commitment after commitment/bankruptcy/frauds/deception etc. Why should be only BD blamed for it while players are being paid a big chunk of their dues?
Old February 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
Administrator

I wonder where Mushfique called it a disgrace. He definitely had criticisms but once you used a word he did not use for a headline, see how quickly this becomes very controversial? O course, he should have been more suave like Hodge was but he has no role models to learn from. All we have are loud-talking politicians in the BCB.

Here's the Bangla:
Quote:
এই টুর্নামেন্ট বিশ্বে বাংলাদেশের ভাবমূর্তি ক্ষুণ্ন করেছে কি না?
মুশফিক: তা তো অবশ্যই। এত বড় একটা টুর্নামেন্ট, যেটা বিশ্বজুড়ে সম্প্রচারিত হচ্ছে, সবাই দেখছে। তারাও বুঝল যে এ টুর্নামেন্ট কত অগোছালোভাবে হচ্ছে। বরিশালকে বলা হলো, ওরা ১৬ ওভারে জিততে পারলে সেমিফাইনালে চলে যাবে এবং তারা যখন চলেও গেল তখন আবার বলা হলো যে না, চট্টগ্রাম যাবে। এ জন্যই বললাম, এটা শুধু বাংলাদেশেই সম্ভব। শুধু খেলোয়াড় হিসেবেই বললাম না, মানুষ হিসেবেও বলছি। এটা অবশ্যই অনেক বড় লজ্জা।
Here's the English:

Quote:
Q: Does the mismanagement reflect badly on the country?
MR: Definitely, it is such a tournament that is being broadcasted worldwide, and it has been shown to be disorganised. In Barisal’s match against Chittagong they were told that they would go through if they won in sixteen overs, they did and the following day it was said that Chittagong would go through. As I said, maybe it is only possible in Bangladesh, so of course it is a big shame.
Old February 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Yes..this is the most critical part of his whole statement which is going to bite for a long time. In the West, there are more late payments/no payment/no commitment after commitment/bankruptcy/frauds/deception etc. Why should be only BD blamed for it while players are being paid a big chunk of their dues?
That was not in the context of payment. That was in the context of points table chaos and he used the qualifier "maybe". Cut him some slack, please.
Old February 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

 অনেক অভিযোগ বিপিএলের বিরুদ্ধে। খেলোয়াড়দের পারিশ্রমিক পাওয়া নিয়েও আছে প্রশ্ন। জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক হিসেবে এমন একটা টুর্নামেন্টে খেলে কেমন লাগছে?

মুশফিক: আমার তো মনে হয় আমাদের খেলোয়াড়দের জন্য অনেক বড় সুযোগ ছিল এখানে ভালো পারফর্ম করার। তবে এ টুর্নামেন্টটা অনেক বেশি অগোছালোভাবে হয়েছে। শুধু টাকা-পয়সার দিক থেকে না, আর শুধু আমরাই না, বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের অনেককেই এখন পর্যন্ত কোনো টাকাই দেওয়া হয়নি। দিলেও অল্প দেওয়া হয়েছে। যেটা কমিটমেন্ট ছিল, আমাদের ৭৫ শতাংশ দেওয়া হবে টুর্নামেন্ট শেষ হওয়ার সময়। কিন্তু এখন পর্যন্ত আমাদের ওইভাবে কিছুই দেওয়া হয়নি।

From Prothom-alo. I don't see anything wrong here.

Ekekta news ekek rokom kore likhe. SHobai mone hoi KK re follow korteche edaning.
Old February 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

there mushfiq said the truth now can we change him as captain and bring back shakib please?
Old February 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

You don't bite the hand that feeds you Mushy, as National Captain and as one of the primary ambassadors of the BPL, he should have been more savvy.

He's the 1st player to bring up the money issue and hes gotten almost half already! He should have asked Shakib or Mashrafe how long it took them to get paid in the IPL. I bet he wouldn't have had the audacity to call them out or maybe he should have asked some of the West Indians on some of the payments there still waiting on. Lets not get started on Sri Lanka.
Old February 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Never expected such whining from Mushy. Very unprofessional and immature comment. When you read Mushy's comment and Brad's comment, it also shows how much we differ in mentality and approach from International class player.

Regarding money issue, even big stars of IPL did not get their full payment until next tournament.. So, what's the fuss about Mushy ?
Old February 28, 2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Never expected such whining from Mushy. Very unprofessional and immature comment. When you read Mushy's comment and Brad's comment, it also shows how much we differ in mentality and approach from International class player.

Regarding money issue, even big stars of IPL did not get their full payment until next tournament.. So, what's the fuss about Mushy ?
Blaming Mushy for his comments? Why??

He has all the right to complain as he wasn't paid. How you would feel if you weren't paid for your work?
Old February 28, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Blaming Mushy for his comments? Why??

He has all the right to complain as he wasn't paid. How you would feel if you weren't paid for your work?
KP da, the tournament has not been finished yet. Amidst of all controversy and mess, its not wise to raise your voice for money. Moreover, the amount is very big. Mushy is thinking of his part but franchisee has to pay 18 odd players payment. So, it will take time. The foreign players have not raised concern for the money yet, when they should be more concerned as they will be leaving this country shortly.

Mushy should have discussed with franchisee and BPL officials if there is any dispute regarding payment before disclosing it in media.
Old February 28, 2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
there mushfiq said the truth now can we change him as captain and bring back shakib please?
Ha! Ha!! Post of the day!!!

Yes, nobody can speak truth in Bangladesh? - seems we Bangladeshies don't like it?!! He is the new khol nayok now!

Shame on us.

-As myself.

Last edited by kalpurush; February 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM..