facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2011, 06:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Ian Chappell criticises Bangladesh's Test Status Yet again !

Quote:
Neither of those two nations should be playing Test matches against any country. Instead, they should be competing on a second-tier level with other Associate nations and the stronger A teams in order to improve and provide ample proof they deserve to be elevated to Test status.

Read more

Mr. Ian Chappell has been a big critic of Bangladesh Cricket and he did not spare a moment criticizing Bangladesh's Test Status to attack ICC. Actually, its our failure that we have given them (critics) a chance to speak ill of us. He obviously knows that no matter what, both Bangladesh & Zimbabwe will keep playing Test cricket despite their poor performances yet he never gets tired writing the same bull sh*t. Now, its really vital that we win against Zimbabwe and stamp our authority over Zimbabwe and give an answer to them (even that wont be enough until unless we get some positive result against top 6 teams).

Old July 3, 2011, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Who cares what this man thinks? They can't take our test status away now, they've invested to much into us.
Old July 3, 2011, 06:50 AM
Cricket Guru

I know, many of us would say that, he (Ian Chappell) is right but i find it odd that he never sees any improvements in Bangladesh Cricket. There is no harm in positive criticism but what he is doing is just making complaints after complaints of Bangladesh Cricket which is very annoying.
Old July 3, 2011, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I know, many of us would say that, he (Ian Chappell) is right but i find it odd that he never sees any improvements in Bangladesh Cricket. There is no harm in positive criticism but what he is doing is just making complaints after complaints of Bangladesh Cricket which is very annoying.
Now, no one really wants us to lose our test status. They're seeing it as a challenge for their bowlers to get rid of our batsmen...
We are fast improving, and unlike most other teams, are not in a transition state.
Old July 3, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I wonder why he does not criticize the WI team, they are not better than Bangladesh.
I still feel that there should have been a two tier system. It is no fun getting beaten up all the time by the likes of India, Australia, England and South Africa. The reason why these teams dont want to play BD is that there is no challenge. BD and Zim should play the longer version of the game against a few top associates,
Old July 3, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Who cares what this man thinks? They can't take our test status away now, they've invested to much into us.
Apparently, many people follow him and consider him as one of the best batsmen in International Cricket. He is a prominent writer. So, whatever he writes/speaks have an effect on other spectators/viewers. His writing/opinion gives them a strength to criticize us continuously.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Now, no one really wants us to lose our test status. They're seeing it as a challenge for their bowlers to get rid of our batsmen...
We are fast improving, and unlike most other teams, are not in a transition state.
yes yes...you are right. we have been fast improving cricket team for over a decade YET we have not reached that point where no body would dare to criticize us.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

we gotta do something this year,test teams like Zim,Pak and WI are no more big threats for BD.
last two years we hv seen individual brilliance from Sakib,Tamim,Ryad,Mushy and Shahadat.
its time to put all these together and beat the hell out of these three teams this year.
otherwise I wont find enough reasons to hate what Ian Chappell is saying.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I wonder why he does not criticize the WI team, they are not better than Bangladesh.
I still feel that there should have been a two tier system. It is no fun getting beaten up all the time by the likes of India, Australia, England and South Africa. The reason why these teams dont want to play BD is that there is no challenge. BD and Zim should play the longer version of the game against a few top associates,
If Ian suggests two tier system then why only including Bangladesh and Zimbabwe ?? Why not West Indies and Pakistan ?? What better cricket have they been playing than bottom 2 ? If he talks about performance then Pakistan, WI, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be relegated to Tier 2.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
yes yes...you are right. we have been fast improving cricket team for over a decade YET we have not reached that point where no body would dare to criticize us.
Actually, we have made improvements since pre-ICL fiasco. So about two years of really good progress.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Who cares about Ian Chappel
**** you men .

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 3, 2011, 08:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

Ignore this chappel fellow, I don't even know who he is.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Choppols are good only for two things. I think we all know about the second one.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

He has always been like that, not only about Bangladesh. Most of his opinions create controversy. Just to give an example someday he would praise Ricky Ponting like he is the biggest fan and other day he would term Ricky Ponting as the worst ever. He once proposed three day tests. I hate to hear his commentary these days. He sometimes talks out of his a**. These Chappel brothers attract controversy wherever they go, whatever they do. So it doesn't matter what they say, we will play tests in front of their eyes.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

He is right. There should be a 2 tier system with 8 Test Teams each. The teams should be told that this system will be applicable in 2013. The present system of ranking should be used and all the teams have the time to make it to top 8.

By 2 years we should be able to topple Zim, NZ and WI and come to a rank of 7. The test cycle would run for 4 years (2013-17) and in the end the bottom 2 teams should be relegated to Tier 2. Similarly the top 2 teams should be promoted to Tier 1 even if this means Pak and NZ being relegated and Ire and Afg being promoted to Tier 2.

Under present ranking 2 Tiers would look like
Tier 1:- Ind, SA, Eng, SL, Aus, Pak, NZ & WI
Tier 2:- BD, Zim, Ire, Ken, Afg, Scot, Neth & Can

Frankly presently there is huge diff between us and Windies and without playing I don't see it improving.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

doesn't matter kintu kothata toh shotto
Old July 3, 2011, 10:54 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
He is right. There should be a 2 tier system with 8 Test Teams each. The teams should be told that this system will be applicable in 2013. The present system of ranking should be used and all the teams have the time to make it to top 8.

By 2 years we should be able to topple Zim, NZ and WI and come to a rank of 7. The test cycle would run for 4 years (2013-17) and in the end the bottom 2 teams should be relegated to Tier 2. Similarly the top 2 teams should be promoted to Tier 1 even if this means Pak and NZ being relegated and Ire and Afg being promoted to Tier 2.

Under present ranking 2 Tiers would look like
Tier 1:- Ind, SA, Eng, SL, Aus, Pak, NZ & WI
Tier 2:- BD, Zim, Ire, Ken, Afg, Scot, Neth & Can

Frankly presently there is huge diff between us and Windies and without playing I don't see it improving.
ARE YOU MAD????

I don't know how the heck people think that by playing Scotland or Canada, Bangladesh is going to improve. Why would you guys want to go back to the dark old days?

Divsion One: Ind, SA, Eng, SL, Aus
Divison Two: Pak, NZ, WI, BD, Zim

Bottom of Div One swaps with top of Division two every calendar year.

Forget Associates cricket - they already have their own 5 divisions of cricket plus they cannot host or play 5 day test matches as amateur countries.

PLEASE STOP putting BD in with the minnows. They are a full test status team and need to play more test against better teams.
Old July 3, 2011, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
ARE YOU MAD????

PLEASE STOP putting BD in with the minnows. They are a full test status team and need to play more test against better teams.
Old July 3, 2011, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

^ i like it
Old July 3, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
ARE YOU MAD????

I don't know how the heck people think that by playing Scotland or Canada, Bangladesh is going to improve. Why would you guys want to go back to the dark old days?

Forget Associates cricket - they already have their own 5 divisions of cricket plus they cannot host or play 5 day test matches as amateur countries.

all those n-tier "Bangladeshis" are committing cricketing treason by siding with the PTB (powers that be) who wish nothing good upon BD cricket and wish to rob the associates as well.

they live in a lala land if they think NZ and WI would willingly accept being pushed into a 2nd tier. and i can't say i would disagree with NZ and WI. cricket needs to have more test nations, not less. since when is negative growth considered growth???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 3, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I will wait for that day when 160 million Bangladeshis turn into the biggest angry mob on earth and make Ian Choppoll rue his own words. Till then, sleep tight Sandal thukku Choppoll thukku Chappell

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old July 3, 2011, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
ARE YOU MAD????

Old July 3, 2011, 05:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

chapel who? if it was up to him every body would be bowling under arm by now...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 3, 2011, 05:26 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
chapel who? if it was up to him every body would be bowling under arm by now...
Post of the thread with props to Ian's lambast!
Old July 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Didn't he force dada to retire and almost ended tenulkar's era? He should just shut his
Mouth