facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default gettin less WC11 matches?

the PCB has recently decided that it wants a bigger share of the WC11 games. previously it was rumored that pakistan would host the final but since india is hosting it, pakistan want more than there allotted 16 matches.

PCB should be pleased with 16 matches compared to India's 22...after all india has way more fans, generates more money, and only gets 1.5 times the matches.

PCB is trying to upset the balance, and attempting to contravene an already agreed upon agreement (they must be trying to be more Indian)! of course this will come at the expense of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

if this does go down, the BCB should milk the pakis out. give em what they want, but instead pakistan has to come with full test and ODI series, to bangladesh.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old November 13, 2006, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Wait till we have a new Governing body. We will make our presence felt. We will get minimum of 10 matches.
Old November 13, 2006, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

2011 wc will a be huge failure. . ppl in south asia wont see matches that doesnt include their own team. this CT proves that. and as far as ppl from other countries, i highly doubt that many ppl will come. its just what i think..

now bak to the topic. y does pakistan always want something more. this is gonna screw us up
Old November 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

BCB officials better not let us down. They should try to get more matches for the world cup. I think there will be more crowd turnout here in Bangladesh then in India. You guys have seen the champions Tropy. How was the crowd response? below par !!
Old November 14, 2006, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
2011 wc will a be huge failure. . ppl in south asia wont see matches that doesnt include their own team. this CT proves that. and as far as ppl from other countries, i highly doubt that many ppl will come. its just what i think..

now bak to the topic. y does pakistan always want something more. this is gonna screw us up
First, yes 2011 will be a huge failure...but my guess is that it'll be a failure in India. From what I noticed in CT, Indians won't watch any of the matches where India's not playing. And out of those 22, I'm pretty sure that'll be at least 80% of the matches where India won't play. That's destined to have low turnout in matches. I don't think the same will happen in Bangladesh or Pakistan. At least, in Bangladesh you can expect full-house...specially in a World Cup match. I just hope the matches there aren't involving weak teams only...that might be a failure.

Second, I don't see a reason why Pakistan won't ask for more. Seeing the empty gallery in CT, I think it makes more sense for India to not host many matches. They already got finals + 22 matches. Pakistan should be even and get some as well. Yes that might mean Bangladesh and Sri Lanka might have to give up their fair share, which I will hate personally. But my question is, why don't people ask the same about Indians? They've got enough in their bucket...just give up a few!

Additionally, I will kind of agree with al Furqaan bhai. If Pakistan gets some more, and that comes from Bangladesh's allotted matches, then they should make a deal for coming here in Bangladesh, or invite Bangladesh over there. May be coming to Bangladesh will be better for BCB.
Old November 14, 2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Wait till we have a new Governing body. We will make our presence felt. We will get minimum of 10 matches.
How about 20 matches out of 51 in total? We will make you BCB president then. Deal.
Old January 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
Cricket Guru

While searching for some cric-related info, I came across this page. Although it might be old news to a few, it's new to me...so thought I'ld pull this thread up.

BD's doing the opening ceremonies for WC '11? Not sure about its validity...anyone?

Source: http://www.cricmania.com/cricket/afp....yo5rxiko.html
Old January 26, 2007, 12:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Ok...I guess it's old news afterall. Just confirmed at BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/5160396.stm
Old January 26, 2007, 01:18 AM

BCB should higher some BD professionals to do the master plan for the opening ceremonies and should reflect our culture and heritage through out the program. They could even honour our first national cricket team members before/during the ceremonies as well.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
if this does go down, the BCB should milk the pakis out. give em what they want, but instead pakistan has to come with full test and ODI series, to bangladesh.
LOL! Agreed. I say we ask for an extra test or two............5 test, 5 ODIs.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
BCB officials better not let us down. They should try to get more matches for the world cup. I think there will be more crowd turnout here in Bangladesh then in India. You guys have seen the champions Tropy. How was the crowd response? below par !!
yeah man! indian crowds will only watch if india are playing..............or else they wont bother showing up. However, in bangladesh, a match consisting of canada and namibia would probably be sold out!
Old January 26, 2007, 04:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

No way we are backing off the deal...
6 matches + the opening ceremony is a fair deal to my opinion...
no less at least....
more??
why not...
but not letting anyone taking our share of the cake...
FcUk eere eendeeans or pakis...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

IMO, the opening ceremony being in Bangladesh will definitely do a lot of help to the country, in terms of development (who wouldn't wanna show we're better than what we are ), our world-profile, and showing our culture and heritage. I'm sure the govt will make it worthwhile...specially for the first time in the history of Bangladesh we're going to do the opening ceremony of a world class event.
Old January 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
yeah man! indian crowds will only watch if india are playing..............or else they wont bother showing up. However, in bangladesh, a match consisting of canada and namibia would probably be sold out!
I don't think people will come and watch Canada vs Namibia match even though its world cup. Those days are gone. Remember we had less people in the ground than before against the Zombies in November.

If at least one test playing country takes part then we can have some good crowed in Dhaka. BTW how many matches we will be playing in home soil?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 26, 2007, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

please for god shake don't bring shuvro dev and shakila zafar in the openening cermoney songs... people will think we have only mew mew voice gayok gayika in bd as they performed in each and every ceremoney of cricket in BD...
I hope they have that Shabash bangladesh song on...by that guy i forgot his name shahed or something
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I don't think people will come and watch Canada vs Namibia match even though its world cup. Those days are gone. Remember we had less people in the ground than before against the Zombies in November.

If at least one test playing country takes part then we can have some good crowed in Dhaka. BTW how many matches we will be playing in home soil?

You are wrong my friend it will be full house no matter what. cause its a wc match in BD. People will get only 4 chance in their life time to say I was in a wc match. so I bet any wc match will be full house.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 26, 2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I hope they have that Shabash bangladesh song on...by that guy i forgot his name shahed or something
akabir77: Upner kachey ki ei gan ta aachey? Could you pls. send the link for the song, kindly? BC multimedia section -a ganta aachey, but sound bhalo na!!