facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 2, 2007, 01:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
On a more serious note, apni Hasina apu'r private bepar shepar niye matha ghamaben keno? Chi chi chi...lojjar bishoy.
Well he was talking about Khaleda apa, but nevertheless.

Old August 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
You're right, our bad. Amra ki boka. Amra to bhulei giyechilam je uni superwoman. Khawa dawa lage na, kapor chopor lage na, emoni mohamanobi uni - taka khoroch hobe kothae! Othoba, hoito bhoktorai rekhe jai shob kichu, unar ar kichu kina lage na. Jottoshob..
Well i guess you are bokah.
She gets a house to live in. She has no telephone bills. She doesnt have to pay for food or chakor bakor. Since she was not living in the government appointed house for prime minster or Leadr of opp, I think she also gets an allowance. when Zia died i think she also got a huge chunk of money on top of the two houses that was given to her. She gets money for running BNP. Oh and yes she gets a lot of gifts.
And finally, I think she has two rich sons, who gladly take care of their mother. So, yes asholei unar kono khoroch nai.
Old August 2, 2007, 01:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
Mind you she also has two rich sons, and many wellwishers. Oh and I forgot she also gets some sort of allowance from her party.
yup, who also got rich by corruption, chadabaji and so on. You may claim that they earn through business. Bhai, 10/15 years business kore jodi hajar koti taka income kora jeto.. taile BC er shob student member ra poralekha phele business e korto.
Old August 2, 2007, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
yup, who also got rich by corruption, chadabaji and so on. You may claim that they earn through business. Bhai, 10/15 years business kore jodi hajar koti taka income kora jeto.. taile BC er shob student member ra poralekha phele business e korto.
Sure they are corrupted, but how does that add to my comment about Khaleda 3 koti takar assets?
Old August 2, 2007, 01:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Sure they are corrupted, but how does that add to my comment about Khaleda 3 koti takar assets?
beause you were trying to imply that, that 3 crore amount was legitimate money. btw, I didnt know she owns a house at dhanmondi as well. I thought she had one in Gulshan.
Old August 2, 2007, 02:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Well i guess you are bokah.
She gets a house to live in. She has no telephone bills. She doesnt have to pay for food or chakor bakor. Since she was not living in the government appointed house for prime minster or Leadr of opp, I think she also gets an allowance. when Zia died i think she also got a huge chunk of money on top of the two houses that was given to her. She gets money for running BNP. Oh and yes she gets a lot of gifts.
And finally, I think she has two rich sons, who gladly take care of their mother. So, yes asholei unar kono khoroch nai.
You know what, I think that explains it all! Since she has no expenses, she obviously forgot she had any income. Ekta jinish use na korle ja hoi ar ki. Tai tar upor tax-o deya hoi nai. Sharadin desher manusher kotha chinta korte korte obviously eshob mundane jinish unar mathae ashe na.

And its really nice of her kids to support her since their teenage years. Ahare. So well brought up!
Old August 2, 2007, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

As seen in appointment of army guy as the top in the Cricket Board, the current CTG wants military personnel in every sector. How is it different than nepotism preactised by BNP/BAL?
Old August 2, 2007, 03:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
beause you were trying to imply that, that 3 crore amount was legitimate money. btw, I didnt know she owns a house at dhanmondi as well. I thought she had one in Gulshan.
I wasnt trying to imply. I sed it is legitimate.
Er bahire jodi kono taka thake, that might be illegitmate. I believe with all the money she can/did earn from legitimate sources khaleda zia can own assets upto 3 crore. I am not saying the assets of her sons are legitimate or illegitimate. I am also not making any comments about her other assets (if she is hiding them)
Old August 2, 2007, 05:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Source: Daily Star

SC orders demolition of upper floors of Rangs Bhaban
Star Online Report

The Supreme Court (SC) today ordered to demolish the upper 16 floors of the 22-storey Rangs Bhaban.
The Appellate Division of the SC delivered the order after completing hearing of a government appeal against the High Court judgment yesterday on the dispute over demolition of the Rangs Bhaban.

More: http://thedailystar.net/latest/updates.php?pid=-96

Great news! How can you not support this government...

I know many people around the globe who said they would go back to Bangladesh the day Rangs Bhaban is demolished.
Old August 2, 2007, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC

I know many people around the globe who said they would go back to Bangladesh the day Rangs Bhaban is demolished.
And I can wager that 99% of them were speaking metaphorically.
Funnily enough, top members of this govt arent been punished for their wrongdoings................
Old August 2, 2007, 05:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Of course they were speaking metaphorcally - from Ershad's days people have known the corrupt practices around this building.

I'm not saying anyone in the current government is 100% clean. But the argument is I would rather see 75% of these criminals behind bars compared to none.
Old August 2, 2007, 07:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC

SC orders demolition of upper floors of Rangs Bhaban
Star Online Report

The Supreme Court (SC) today ordered to demolish the upper 16 floors of the 22-storey Rangs Bhaban.
The Appellate Division of the SC delivered the order after completing hearing of a government appeal against the High Court judgment yesterday on the dispute over demolition of the Rangs Bhaban.

More: http://thedailystar.net/latest/updates.php?pid=-96

Great news! How can you not support this government...

This is the stupidest thing that could have come out of the case. Not only are we going to lose a signifacnt portion of the Rangs building, but we are not going to get the road. Its a double loss and simply ridiculous.
Old August 2, 2007, 07:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
This is the stupidest thing that could have come out of the case. Not only are we going to lose a signifacnt portion of the Rangs building, but we are not going to get the road. Its a double loss and simply ridiculous.
CTG as per PC guidelines wanted the road. The SC forced the issue yet again. An overpass is in the works now.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 2, 2007 at 07:42 AM..
Old August 2, 2007, 07:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
CTG as per PC guidelines wanted the road. The SC forced issue yet again. An overpass is in the works now.
WTF is that anyways? 6 tola buildinger upor diye?
Old August 2, 2007, 07:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
WTF is that anyways? 6 tola buildinger upor diye?
Yep.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 2, 2007, 07:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Yep.
Is it gonna be more expensive than our GDP?
Old August 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Overpass over 6 storied building is simply impossible considering the location of bijoy shoroni. There is not enough space for making a smooth slope required for the overpass.

If this is what they have said, I have to say it's the crappiest and impractical idea.
Old August 2, 2007, 08:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Our law advisor is a jackass. How can he say that the building was completely illegal when the supreme court sed otherwise. He is simply talks too much.
Old August 2, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Same goes for Khaleda apu though. Except that Khaleda apu is not a bongokonna, but she's the friend of bongokonna.

are you suggesting that they are really friends with each other and plays out a rivalry on the public stage?

i wonder what they talk about in private in that case. shari, makeup and goyna?
Old August 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

it is nice to see that despite all the troubles, the potters have continued to carry on with their work of creating clay based utelsils.
Old August 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
i wonder what they talk about in private in that case. shari, makeup and goyna?
Naah. Lootpaat, dakati, arr khuna khuni. Don't let the term "apu" decieve you...oder haat Ershad bhaiya'r thekeo lomba.
Old August 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Just saw an open letter to Fakhruddin Ahmed written by Brad Adams (Asia Director, HUmans Right Group) in dristipat website. Interesting read about torture and human right abuse. Few will agree and few will thrash as another attempt by AL/BNP connection to trash the current government, its individual choice how much you believe and how much you don't... but interesting read regardless.

Here is the link: HRW Open letter to Fakhruddin Ahmed

Interesting point is they picked up journalist Tasneem Khali'ls case who was picked up and supposedly tortured by DGFI. Here is some feom that open letter:

Quote:
We would particularly like to use this opportunity to remind you of the case of journalist Tasneem Khalil, who has worked as a consultant for Human Rights Watch and as a stringer for CNN. On May 11, 2007, Mr. Khalil was taken into custody after midnight by men in plainclothes claiming to be Bangladesh’s “joint task force.” Mr. Khalil was taken from his home in front of his wife and child, blindfolded and driven to an interrogation center, where he was tortured and questioned about his work as a journalist, writings on his blog, as well as his employment with Human Rights Watch and CNN. Many of Mr. Khalil’s possessions, including computers, phones and passport, were confiscated when his home was ransacked. We immediately contacted your government for help, and Mr. Khalil was eventually released after more than 22 hours in custody.

We have since learned that Mr. Khalil had been held and tortured by the DGFI. The interrogation center Mr. Khalil was taken to is an extension of the DGFI headquarters in Dhaka cantonment that houses at least one torture chamber and a detention facility. This is a full-time illegal detention and torture facility. Mr. Khalil saw sophisticated torture equipment and could hear other detainees screaming in pain. At least five DGFI officers took part in the torture sessions that left Mr. Khalil with severe injuries. At one point he was photographed with a revolver and some bullets placed before him, suggesting that he was being set up for a faked “crossfire killing.” Before his release, Mr. Khalil was forced to make false confessions, and asked to sign documents and testify on video admitting to acts that could be considered treasonous. We have received other credible reports of the same type of activities by DGFI.

As you know, Bangladesh’s military forces have become notorious for taking people into custody, torturing them to death or executing them in faked “crossfire killings.” We were concerned that Mr. Khalil would meet a similar fate even after his release. He had to remain in hiding until, after long and unnecessary negotiations, his passport was eventually returned and he and his family were able to leave Bangladesh for safety abroad.

In a sense Mr. Khalil was fortunate. He had the advantage of foreign friends, colleagues, and diplomats who were in a position to appeal to your government for help. However, there are thousands now in custody, unable to secure bail and often subjected to torture, who are not so well connected. We do not know who is being tortured at this very minute by DGFI or others, but we do know that it is happening.
We appreciate your personal intervention and that of other government officials to ensure Mr. Khalil’s release and safe exit from the country. But as his case makes clear, arbitrary arrest and detention and torture are a significant problem in Bangladesh today.

Your government knows who was responsible for Mr. Khalil’s torture – and that of many other victims – where they work, and where the torture centers are located. Your government knows that these are not isolated cases – an untold number of people are being tortured every day. As a matter of basic human decency as well as your obligations under international law, you must act to close down such torture centers without delay. We look forward to public statements from you and members of your government on this subject, as well as action.

By the way, according to my limited knowledge, Mr. Khalil is neither a politician nor a corrupt, just a journalist who voiced his opinion which may not be liking of the current government.

Last edited by Fazal; August 2, 2007 at 05:49 PM..
Old August 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Well, ridiculous? Not at all, this is indeed very smart and legitimate move by supreme courte.

22-6 = 16, so this 16 illegal floors will be demolished and Rangs authority will bear the expenses of demolition (as they did illegal thing).

On a next move, CTG will acquire the land and 6-floor Rangs buliding for possible connecting road between Bijoy Shoroni and Gulshan (Tejgaon Industrial Area). CTG has to pay only for the land and 6-floor.

Also note that, once the 16 floors are demolished, Rangs authority will no longer try to influence the govt. officials and politicians to postpone the possible project of connection road, which they have been doing for a long time.

I do not think, there will be a overpass (or even Y-junction road) as Sohel Bhai said. Overpass or Y-junction were ad-hoc alternate project proposed by political govt. to avoid demolition of the building.

Law advisor, Mainul has already told about land acquisition (bdnews24.com) and that assures my above hypothesis. CTG will go for the original project of a simple and less expensive connecting road.

Last edited by Kana-Baba; August 2, 2007 at 10:56 AM..
Old August 2, 2007, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
Well, ridiculous? Not at all, this is indeed very smart and legitimate move by supreme courte.

22-6 = 16, so this 16 illegal floors will be demolished and Rangs authority will bear the expenses of demolition (as they did illegal thing).

On a next move, CTG will acquire the land and 6-floor Rangs buliding for possible connecting road between Bijoy Shoroni and Gulshan (Tejgaon Industrial Area). CTG has to pay only for the land and 6-floor.

Also note that, once the 16 floors are demolished, Rangs authority will no longer try to influence the govt. officials and politicians to postpone the possible project of connection road, which they have been doing for a long time.

I do not think, there will be a overpass (or even Y-junction road) as Sohel Bhai said. Overpass or Y-junction were ad-hoc alternate project proposed by political govt. to avoid demolition of the building.

Law advisor, Mainul has already told about land acquisition (bdnews24.com) and that assures my above hypothesis. CTG will go for the original project of a simple and less expensive connecting road.
Now, the law advisor has said that the Rangs bhaban land will acquired by the government... that link road will be built!!!

One link road will not make a significant dent to slow traffic in Dhaka, we need more roads, overpasses, and raised streets.
Old August 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Now, the law advisor has said that the Rangs bhaban land will acquired by the government... that link road will be built!!!

One link road will not make a significant dent to slow traffic in Dhaka, we need more roads, overpasses, and raised streets.
The main thing here is to demolish the unlawful structure. The CTG will construct the original proposed road, which has been pending for long,connecting Bijoy Sarani with Tejgaon.