facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Lol @ Asif bhai's Cindy Crawford comment.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old March 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
My reaction exactly. It's a sport, not a freaking court of law.
It's like some kind of contest to see who can win the holier than thou competition.

I don't want our players to be loved by the opposition, I don't want our reputation to be that of the lovable losers....

It was a spur of the moment thing, he stumped him, ran close to him, and screamed...he didn't fell him to 'get F--ked', didn't dance in his face, didn't point at the pavilion, didn't touch him, yet this is some how a discussion point.

Most importantly at the end of the match, both sets of players shook hands with each other, with no exceptions. So the players obviously got over it, the fans need to do the same.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Kervezee has a thug like tribal tat. I DARE Mushfiq to walk up to his face in blind alley in Red.Light.District. :p

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; March 14, 2011 at 01:53 PM..
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
It's like some kind of contest to see who can win the holier than thou competition.

I don't want our players to be loved by the opposition, I don't want our reputation to be that of the lovable losers....

It was a spur of the moment thing, he stumped him, ran close to him, and screamed...he didn't fell him to 'get F--ked', didn't dance in his face, didn't point at the pavilion, didn't touch him, yet this is some how a discussion point.

Most importantly at the end of the match, both sets of players shook hands with each other, with no exceptions. So the players obviously got over it, the fans need to do the same.
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Except that from the replays, it didn't even look like he screamed at him (just opened his mouth to give him a nasty look), but hard to tell.

Again, even if he did, it's just sport.
Cricket Legend

On a different note: Swan apologized for his misconduct and he said that in ESPN. He said ''There is no point having a day nighter where there will be lot of dew and you can't hold the ball''. Well, fair enough. But my question is: where was your dew problem hiding when we lost cluster of wickets? Your team were looking very happy and you totally forgot that problem of dew!

Mr Swan, actually when you are frustrated and have no way then you try to make a meal out of nothing. The commentators said the same thing during the match and Simon Huges mentioned that it was just an excuse when discussing that in the post match show in Star Cricket.

English people should start going back to school again.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
On a different note: Swan apologized for his misconduct and he said that in ESPN. He said ''There is no point having a day nighter where there will be lot of dew and you can't hold the ball''. Well, fair enough. But my question is: where was your dew problem hiding when we lost cluster of wickets? Your team were looking very happy and you totally forgot that problem of dew!

Mr Swan, actually when you are frustrated and have no way then you try to make a meal out of nothing. The commentators said the same thing during the match and Simon Huges mentioned that it was just an excuse when discussing that in the post match show in Star Cricket.

English people should start going back to school again.
They did get the ball changed twice, once around the 21st over, and then again after the 35th over mark. Wasn't that when we lost our wickets, against the 'new' ball?

All my English mates think Swann was being a bit of a tit, and he needs to accept the sanction, shut his gob, and concentrate on the last match.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:56 PM

how many of you guys honestly watched the end of the game after Mushy hit the six? Its a fricking game! Aside from 'What happens on the field stays on the field,' Mushy was the epitome of a gentleman cricketer right after the winning runs, shaking hands vigorously with every Dutch player and the umpires firmly and with sincerity!
Old March 14, 2011, 01:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Imagine Dhoni doing this to Shakib.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shafiul Aamir Tamim

Murad vai, apni ki ajker match thread open korsilen pp te?
Old March 14, 2011, 02:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What some of guys are saying is unbelievable.

I know it is in our culture to be nice and 'limpy' but this is sport and you have to be aggressive to compete with the best. And finally our guys are growing a pair and some of you don't like it.

Did any of you notice how Bukhari, some real sh*t bowler from an equally sh*ty associate team was sledging junaied? The very next ball Junaid played a disdainful pull and shut him up.

Oh and the people who are saying that Mushy wouldn't do this against a full-nation batsmen, just go back and rewatch the NZ series 5th odi...look at what mushy did when ross taylor was out, he laughed condescendingly and as ross was walking off mushy ran around him and gave him a send off.

If we want our cricket team to succeed then we can't expect them to conform to our 'friendly' bengali culture.

And if mushfiq is to be fined for this then Swann should have been banned for life for the profanities that he was throwing around yesterday for a childish reason.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

I don't know why we r talking about this .....? what's wrong with it? every body does....musy it's ok..he always keep us live.
pathetic thread....i still don't belive we r talking about musy.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
What some of guys are saying is unbelievable.

I know it is in our culture to be nice and 'limpy' but this is sport and you have to be aggressive to compete with the best. And finally our guys are growing a pair and some of you don't like it.

Did any of you notice how Bukhari, some real sh*t bowler from an equally sh*ty associate team was sledging junaied? The very next ball Junaid played a disdainful pull and shut him up.

Oh and the people who are saying that Mushy wouldn't do this against a full-nation batsmen, just go back and rewatch the NZ series 5th odi...look at what mushy did when ross taylor was out, he laughed condescendingly and as ross was walking off mushy ran around him and gave him a send off.

If we want our cricket team to succeed then we can't expect them to conform to our 'friendly' bengali culture.

And if mushfiq is to be fined for this then Swann should have been banned for life for the profanities that he was throwing around yesterday for a childish reason.
yap u right.....
Old March 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

its cool, you need the aggressiveness BUT i don't think you guys understand the point here. You show aggressiveness and sledge a bit when the match is tight, the dutch were just falling and the guy didn't even say anything to Mushfiqur so yelling like that after a batsman gets out and that too in a situation where he wasn't really hitting you up..that means you are being stupid and to be fairly honest he did look stupid, and thats different than being aggressive
Old March 14, 2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

i am out of this thread....no reason to be here. pathetic.......shudhu shudhu akta thread.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

This can not be an excuse. It's cricket. Gentlemen game. Verbal worlds can not caught on tape, but this kind of gesture easily disgust people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
It's a part of the game people. Grow yourselves. Be a bit tough. Definitely the batsman said something to Mushi before. 'Verbal words exchange' you know!
Old March 14, 2011, 02:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shafiul Aamir Tamim

You all know I like to sledge!
Old March 14, 2011, 02:15 PM
Test Cricketer

I agree that he should be fined. He just "Jaal mitaise" for his missed catch. Not good!
Old March 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco
its cool, you need the aggressiveness BUT i don't think you guys understand the point here. You show aggressiveness and sledge a bit when the match is tight, the dutch were just falling and the guy didn't even say anything to Mushfiqur so yelling like that after a batsman gets out and that too in a situation where he wasn't really hitting you up..that means you are being stupid and to be fairly honest he did look stupid, and thats different than being aggressive
Well Kerveezi was being real aggressive, hit shakib for a couple of fours in the previous over and wasn't showing any respect to far superior spinners...heck even when we play superior opposition their batsmen show some respect to our spinners...

I think that is what ticked mushfiq off...
Old March 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Fined?

He gave the batsman a look because he beat him to the ground by stumping him. He didn't swear - just gave him a strong look at made a monkey-like noise. I see nothing wrong with it. Far from something that deserves a fine.

I don't think he even deserves to be compared with a** like Kohli and Swann.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
Banned

When Kervezee fell the dutch were 112/4, he and ten Doeschate put together the longest partnership in their innings, and Kervezee the over before he got stumped had smacked two powerful boundaries.

Not to mention, the ball before there was a close run out, which mushfiq nearly completed, but the batsmen was just in. So the very next ball, he completes a stumping.

To that point in the match, out of the 4 wickets to fall, Rahim had been involved in two directly(1st runout was very good work after a poor throw)...I think it was just him being psyched.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadhat
This can not be an excuse. It's cricket. Gentlemen game. Verbal worlds can not caught on tape, but this kind of gesture easily disgust people.
Puhleseee!!! Where did the eendian, pakistani, and aussie gentlemen come from?
Old March 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

It was adrenaline rush, I am sure he might have later sort it out with the player after the game or invited him for mach vat. Move on guys.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.
Imagine Dhoni doing this to Shakib.
Not only Shakib. If Dhoni did it to any Bangladeshi batsmen...You will see so many threads bashing the Indians and BCCI. They will say ICC stands for Indian Cricket Council.

Then Indian members will be thinking 100 times before visiting the forum.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:21 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Swann did get fined. Do not bring that up to justify anything. Before we just to conclusion about whether he should or should not be fined, first we need to find out the facts. Do any of us know what lead him to do this? I don't think so. Point is, don't jump to conclusion without all the facts.

Now, the question is, what the hell was he doing? Was he sledging? As I said somewhere, that did not look like a sledging at all to me. It was straight forward "female dog-ing". Why? During the game all of his action should be toward the game. Sledging is part of the game and he should do it and do it well. That was a stupid act of getting out of control. He should not do that without a good reason.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBowler
Murad vai, apni ki ajker match thread open korsilen pp te?
Yes it was me. I saw no one opening a thread for the game so I opened it.