facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Which 2 players should open the batting for Bangladesh? (please vote twice only)
Tamim Iqbal 56 93.33%
Anamul Haque 29 48.33%
Imrul Kayes 18 30.00%
Nazimuddin 4 6.67%
Junaed Siddique 9 15.00%
Mohammad Ashraful 4 6.67%
Jahurul Islam 2 3.33%
Other (please specify in the thread) 1 1.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 20, 2012, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default BanglaCricket XI - Opening Batsmen

Mother Thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...85#post1514185

Which 2 players should open the batting for Bangladesh? (in ODI's)

Please only vote twice.

Make a selection in the poll above for your BanglaCricket opening batsmen. Make sure you get your votes in as the poll will expire after a week.

Discuss.

Last edited by BengaliPagol; April 21, 2012 at 08:02 PM..

Old April 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tamim is an easy pick, the 2nd spot was between anamul and imrul. imrul has done pretty well as ODI opener but horrible as test opener. anamul is doing really well in first-class cricket but not so good in one-day cricket plus he bats at #3 sometimes rather than opening. due to test cricket being a bigger priority for me i chose anamul, plus he's really young, soo talented and has done so well at every level up to now.
Old April 20, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
tamim is an easy pick, the 2nd spot was between anamul and imrul. imrul has done pretty well as ODI opener but horrible as test opener. anamul is doing really well in first-class cricket but not so good in one-day cricket plus he bats at #3 sometimes rather than opening. due to test cricket being a bigger priority for me i chose anamul, plus he's really young, soo talented and has done so well at every level up to now.
sorry i forgot to mention that this BanglaCricket XI is for ODI's.
Old April 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
You are right I was confused too regarding the 2nd spot ... I think we should select different team for different format.. I like Imrul as Tamim's partner for ODI..So far Tamim-Imrul partnership has the best openning partnership record..They have a good understanding.. But I want Anamul to be regular in our national team too.. He could open with Tamim in the test and play at #3 in ODI..
Old April 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
sorry i forgot to mention that this BanglaCricket XI is for [B]ODI's.[/B]
ohho then how can I modify my vote now

for ODIs Imrul gets my vote instead of Anamul
Old April 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
ohho then how can I modify my vote now

for ODIs Imrul gets my vote instead of Anamul
whoops sorry. I think mods can fix it.
Old April 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
You are right I was confused too regarding the 2nd spot ... I think we should select different team for different format.. I like Imrul as Tamim's partner for ODI..So far Tamim-Imrul partnership has the best openning partnership record..They have a good understanding.. But I want Anamul to be regular in our national team too.. He could open with Tamim in the test and play at #3 in ODI..
#3 spot has a few contenders atm imo. anamul is one of them but there's also jahurul islam, shuvagata hom and even asif ahmed could be considered. but when it comes to opening i think the 2nd opener spot has to be between imrul and anamul, anamul could turnout better than imrul in one-dayers we just don't know atm.
Old April 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
#3 spot has a few contenders atm imo. anamul is one of them but there's also jahurul islam, shuvagata hom and even asif ahmed could be considered. but when it comes to opening i think the 2nd opener spot has to be between imrul and anamul, anamul could turnout better than imrul in one-dayers we just don't know atm.
Dont forget Sir Ash
Old April 20, 2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Imrul is still my first choice number two. Albeit all his deficiencies, man can hold up one end and play big shots. Desperately needs to learn to rotate though.
Old April 20, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Zunaid and Nadim. The young and the fat. Perfect combo.
Old April 21, 2012, 12:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Tamim and Imrul for the moment.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 21, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Tamim Iqbal and Junaid Siddique
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Imrul is still my first choice number two. Albeit all his deficiencies, man can hold up one end and play big shots. Desperately needs to learn to rotate though.
Agreed

No Nazim-uddin
technique is horrible
16 off 52-where we lost the asia cup(discounting shahadat)
Old April 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Problem is you can't pick two cause i think multiple openers are needed for multiple formats. Tamim is one. But if you are going for a away tour and you can only have one for all formats then I would have JS.
Old April 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Tamim/Anamul - Tests

Tamim/Imrul - ODIs

Tamim/Zunaed - T20s

But long-term Tamim/Anamul for all three.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Tamim/Anamul - Tests

Tamim/Imrul - ODIs

Tamim/Zunaed - T20s

But long-term Tamim/Anamul for all three.
Agreed.Anamul is emerging.We need to nurture him well.To me he will be the future partner of TAMIM.But he needs to start gradually.We can think him as test opener first.But one thing is Nazimuddin showed a good show as test opener.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I voted Tamim and Imrul. Tamim can achieve big things if he can keep on concentrating and practicing hard. And I've always said Imrul is the closest thing to a Javed Omar Belim Golla we have. I like their combination. Both awesome shot pickers, picking one bad ball per over for the boundary.

I haven't seen much of Anamul, so can't say much. But sure, anything to get rid of Mushfiq pleases me a great deal. If he can become that wicket keeper batsmen for us, we can happily say good bye to Mushfiq.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I voted Tamim and Imrul. Tamim can achieve big things if he can keep on concentrating and practicing hard. And I've always said Imrul is the closest thing to a Javed Omar Belim Golla we have. I like their combination. Both awesome shot pickers, picking one bad ball per over for the boundary.

I haven't seen much of Anamul, so can't say much. But sure, anything to get rid of Mushfiq pleases me a great deal. If he can become that wicket keeper batsmen for us, we can happily say good bye to Mushfiq.
Why would you want to say good bye to Mushfiq?
Old April 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
MLC World Series I

IK is so highly underrated here in BC. He is the perfect partner for Tamim in the ODI's. Anamul should play one down and not opening in ODI's & Tests.

In T20, he should be allowed to open and his duty should be to play a long innings and stay there till the end. Most of the team are employing such strategies and I think Anamul would be perfect for that role.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Problem is you can't pick two cause i think multiple openers are needed for multiple formats. Tamim is one. But if you are going for a away tour and you can only have one for all formats then I would have JS.
That's what I think too...

So I voted for 4; Tamim permanent and then pick IK/JS/NU depending on form, opponent and pitch etc...

Last edited by BANFAN; April 21, 2012 at 06:14 PM..
Old April 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

tamim has amazing talent, i've no doubt he can be a 45+ even a 50+ average player in tests. as far as anamul goes he wouldn't take the gloves in tests if he was batting top 3, in one-dayers and t20s he could but not in tests.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Tamim and Imrul. Anamul at #3.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Why would you want to say good bye to Mushfiq?
Bad keeping skills man. We have better keepers who can bat as well waiting for their chance. We had to stick with his mediocre keeping skills so long, to polish up his batting. Such sacrifices for an int. team is selfish.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Bad keeping skills man. We have better keepers who can bat as well waiting for their chance. We had to stick with his mediocre keeping skills so long, to polish up his batting. Such sacrifices for an int. team is selfish.
Better keepers who can bat as well as Mushfique? There are WK's who maybe better than Mushfique but I don't see anyone matching Mushfique's batting skills (Not considering Anamul).

WK's in the pipeline: Jaharul, Dhiman, Sahagir, Mithun ? I don't see them as talented as Mushfique when it comes to batting.
Old April 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Better keepers who can bat as well as Mushfique? There are WK's who maybe better than Mushfique but I don't see anyone matching Mushfique's batting skills (Not considering Anamul).

WK's in the pipeline: Jaharul, Dhiman, Sahagir, Mithun ? I don't see them as talented as Mushfique when it comes to batting.
Jaharul and Dhiman are better. Mushfiq took ages to be where he is right now, and right now he's decent, not even good. Just stick with Jaharul and Ghosh and they will give you a quicker return on runs than Mushfiq did. Jaharul especially.