facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2009, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs up Bhookha Nan wants more Internationals allowed in Starting XI

http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/.../site/ipl2009/
This is probably the best thing he has said this season.

Apparently Mash is being left out because Bhooka Nan has adopted a batting policy for KKR. When will this idiot understand that KKR's batting is crap? That is why KKR has scored 150+ only once this season. But their bowling with Mortaza, Ishant, Mendis, Dinda and Karthik does have some potential. Look at how Rajasthan and Panjab are winning matches eventhough they are not scoring big.

From the signs I think Mash is close to playing for KKR but I have been disappointed countless times so I am not sure whether he will play at all.

Old May 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
BC Editorial Team

>> Bhookha Nan wants more Internationals allowed in Starting XI

and everyone should be an Aussie ?
Old May 4, 2009, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20

From the signs I think Mash is close to playing for KKR but I have been disappointed countless times so I am not sure whether he will play at all.
well... he's been close to playing in almost all the matches... yet we've been dissapointed every time... so i've stopped expecting himt o play.... but i still hope he does....
Old May 4, 2009, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Then why not make IPL ..A(ustralia)PL or I(Internationa)PL.

The restriction of 4 players is for all the franchises ..Bhookha Nan acts as if KRR is the only one with the limitation.His job is to do best with this resources !!

Bhooka Nan and Joker Khan make the perfect pair !! Both seem to forget that cricket is played by 11 players on the ground not outside it.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Well, i have to agree with him on this one. There should be 6-5 combination.
Even though its IPL with a capital I for India, but its the international players who adds the flavour and peoples flocks in to see them, offcourse alongside the indian stars.

More importantly, it is only a matter of time that it happens. 4 teams have foreign captains (Warne, McCullum,KP, Gilchrist). Kumble is only the stand-by keeper of RCB cuz KP left for national duty.

ALL of the teams have foreign coaches, and most of their support staffs are also foreigners.
When there is so much involvment of the overseas players,coach and coaching staffs, its only inevitable that IPL would give in.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 4, 2009, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I hate to admit but Bokanaan is spot on with this! To make the league more exciting and tough you need more foreign players . Barring the 15 odd Indian national team players , the performance of other Indian domestic players in the matches played so far were poor and embarrassing at times. Yusuf Abdullah hasn’t played a game for SA and he comes to the IPL and currently heads the highest wicket takers list . Why ? Cos , Ashok dinda , Manpreet gony , Ajit Agarkar , Ashihs Nehra , Laxmi Shukla are all Rubbish .

Every team is banking on its foreign players to win a game. The performance of these 4 players (and the Indian national team players) decide the outcome of a match. The rest are just filling in spaces. Just look at KKR.

Last edited by patriot; May 4, 2009 at 01:43 PM..
Old May 4, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Who's Bhookha Naan?
Old May 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

4 is more than enough. Bucha is failing so he will ask for anything.

It's an Indian league. They are spending millions of dollars so that their rookie players get some experience playing against/with some superstars. It's not an International league.
Old May 4, 2009, 02:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
I hate to admit but Bokanaan is spot on with this! To make the league more exciting and tough you need more foreign players . Barring the 15 odd Indian national team players , the performance of other Indian domestic players in the matches played so far were poor and embarrassing at times. Yusuf Abdullah hasn’t played a game for SA and he comes to the IPL and currently heads the highest wicket takers list . Why ? Cos , Ashok dinda , Manpreet gony , Ajit Agarkar , Ashihs Nehra , Laxmi Shukla are all Rubbish .

Every team is banking on its foreign players to win a game. The performance of these 4 players (and the Indian national team players) decide the outcome of a match. The rest are just filling in spaces. Just look at KKR.
But isnt it the stated objective of IPL ? To get the Indian talent out .Last year we got Yousaf Pathan ,Mishra and < forgot the name of the lefty batsmen from RR>
Also the fringe players got a look into.RP singh is back to form thanks IPL
.This year there are a few more !

The quality of the games might imroove if the number of foreign players are increased but the objective of IPL will be lost .Also , its a double edged sword.IPL targets Indian audience.The Indian audience wants quality as well as local new stars.A thin line to balance on ... I think 4 is good call , 5 might be ok but will be a streach considering that there will 3-4 Indian stars per team .This would leave less than 3/4 slots for the Under 21's and upcoming players.If I were to watch only international and established stars play I rather watch an international game...

International interest ( including BD) is good for IPL but I think the interest is misplaced.Its like the Chinese interested in NBA ..China might send an NBA star who might put the NBA stage on fire but at the end of the day its a US 'domestic'/franchise game.
Old May 4, 2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

Buchanan wants more players like McCullum who si the worst even if you include the youngsters.
Old May 4, 2009, 04:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Bhooka Nan and Joker Khan make the perfect pair !!
Made me laugh, bro!
Old May 4, 2009, 08:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Buchanan has the idea of playing more than four foreign players

Some says : This will become a FPL from IPL ! This news is now making headlines.

Waugh has now openly criticized Buchanan. What surprises me is that Buchanan is still arrogant and do not seem to be accepting any responsibility for failure. Is he thinking there is still chance of a recovery?

He has categorically stated that Mash will have a very limited chance of getting into playing 11.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/la...n-4-foreigners

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/shah-.../40568-27.html

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/bucha.../40557-27.html
Old May 4, 2009, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

seems like Buchanan is more popular these days than ashraful in BC...we might need a "everything Buchanan does thread"...
Old May 5, 2009, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin

and everyone should be an Aussie ?
hmmm, then he can recruit his kajer sele, bashar darwan and driver in the playing XI.

This guy is a big joke. IPL is for India and 4 foreign players are more than enough. They should have reduced it to 2 or maxm 3. One batsman, one bowler and may be one all-rounder so that the Indian roockies can learn from them.
Old May 5, 2009, 03:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

There has to be an excuse for failure.
Old May 5, 2009, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
There has to be an excuse for failure.
Yeah, one line that holds true for every loser, regardless of time frame, ethnicity and scope of failure.
Old May 5, 2009, 04:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
4 is more than enough. Bucha is failing so he will ask for anything.

It's an Indian league. They are spending millions of dollars so that their rookie players get some experience playing against/with some superstars. It's not an International league.
i agree, but not completely. IPL is money more than Cricket.
Old May 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
IPL is for India and 4 foreign players are more than enough. They should have reduced it to 2 or maxm 3. One batsman, one bowler and may be one all-rounder so that the Indian roockies can learn from them.
When you start a tournament like IPL, you have to write such bull crap in your mission statement. Can you write in your mission statement that you are organizing this tourney mainly to earn money, the real mission and objective?
Old May 5, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
When you start a tournament like IPL, you have to write such bull crap in your mission statement. Can you write in your mission statement that you are organizing this tourney mainly to earn money, the real mission and objective?
you are right that money is the main thing; but taking more indian players also serves that purpose. India have actually got a good set of players like Rohit Sharma, Raina, Gony, Praveen, Yusuf etc. from last year's IPL.
Old May 5, 2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
you are right that money is the main thing; but taking more indian players also serves that purpose. India have actually got a good set of players like Rohit Sharma, Raina, Gony, Praveen, Yusuf etc. from last year's IPL.
These players are the by-product of IPL
Old May 5, 2009, 10:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
We are talking about 7*8 = 56 Indian players plus another 10 or so as backups. India has probably about half or two-thirds that many quality players. So every team has two or three minor players who are easily expendable. Any foreign, international player will draw more attention than these minor players. This is where the change of rule can have an effect.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bukha Nan is detremental to the Indian domestic players as well.By voicing his concern and asking for more Aussies (Internationals) he is breaking the confidence of KRR Indian players.I agree that KRR does not have the best Indian set but a lot depends on how you handle these players.

Rajastan Royals made Wasim Akram out of a "Gulli' cricketer (Kamran Khan) . Bukha Nan is like .."give me the Aussie team of 2003 and I will show how to win"

Would like to see Ganguli back at the helm (maybe even coach)..cant see him do worse than Bukha.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

There is also a rule to play a young indian player (may be U-22) in each match......
Old May 5, 2009, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

How many here think that Bucannan has tacit support of SRK with everything that has gone on with this franchise?
Old May 5, 2009, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
How many here think that Bucannan has tacit support of SRK with everything that has gone on with this franchise?
SRK prolly gave him a free hand and will stick with that for one complete run, this IPL.

one bad side effect of the IPL shift was that if it was played in india, BD would have been considered in KKR's catchment area(modi said so) and BD players would have been treated at par with indian players. meaning they wouldn't have had to compete in the international quota.