facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2006, 04:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Australia Exhausted by the breath-taking 5 days? :)

Quote:
Ponting's comments:"We have to look at it pretty closely," Ponting told reporters. "The last thing we want now are guys going into the second Test match that are fatigued and come up with an injury that could put them out for a long period of time. If you'd been in our dressing room and seen how fatigued and exhausted some of the players are I think everyone would be quite surprised."
Link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/244327.html

Quote:
Brett Lee voiced his concern about the amount of cricket being played by Australia. "I have bowled a trillion overs," Lee said. "I feel like I am running on fumes at the moment. The petrol's gone."
Link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/244299.html

They've been playing this overworked schedule for the past several monthes... and suddenly they start to complain about it after being taken to the edges by the Tigers. Trying to hide behind excuses this time?

Old April 14, 2006, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
They've been playing this overworked schedule for the past several monthes... and suddenly they start to complain about it after being taken to the edges by the Tigers. Trying to hide behind excuses this time?
lol..good point Ahmed.
Old April 14, 2006, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

I think you are being harsh on them. They are not making any excuses. There was a thread before the start of 1st test where Cats_Eye, myself and IanW predicted that fatigue may play an important role in this series. There is no denying that their schedule is tremendously hectic. Just look at what Afridi did. The same theme was echoed by Steve Waugh and other big names in the Cricket World lately. There is a section in Cricinfo where you can read many readers' take on this. Almost everyone seems to agree that the pressure on the players these days is extreme.
Old April 14, 2006, 05:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Are the Australians really going to have Warne, Lee and Stuart Clark out of 2nd Test? A bowling attack made by Johnson, Bracken, Gillespie and Mc Gill is strong enough... or would that give Bangladesh another chance?
Old April 14, 2006, 05:36 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Playing five test in a rwo should not reasult in fatigue. Test teams played five test series partcicularly WI & Aussies. Differnce in condition is the main issue. Australia is trying to damage control after they are taken to the wire by Bangladesh.
Old April 14, 2006, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Our dreams should now be realsitic. Chances in the 2nd test is what I meant. The Daily Star quoted: "If we are well-prepared for the next Test, they won't be able to make this sort of a total against us anymore. We want to be physically and mentally right to face it in Chittagong," warned Ponting.

Also: "he issued a warning that they will come hard on the home team in the second Test match at Chittagong that starts from April 16".
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/04/14/d60414040225.htm

To be realsitic, I think Fatullah 1st innings even might not be possible again. Then we have even bigger headache with 2nd innings debacle. Looking from a realistic perspective, these comments from Aussie players about fatigue and pressure would mean nothing. And they are not having excuses, they just talking about facts. And yes they won the game in style coming from behind, which was expected. "It is hypothetical to think about what could have happened because we didn't lose the game", Ponting said.

We should feel happy about how we played in the whole match. We should also be ready on what might come in the next match in Chittagong now. Pointing fingers on who wanted to show excuses is in my opinion meaningless - nobody would do that to them as they did their job right, whatever way they could. What everybody should do (and is doing) is talking about how good Bangldesh is playing Tests these days. As a moderator you could think about closing this thread now if you want. Regards.
Old April 14, 2006, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well the important thing is that we got the aussies complaining...feels good, doesn't it?

and we've got them complaining to an extent where they are yelling "chaira dey ma kainda bachi" in public.
Old April 14, 2006, 06:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

I think you guys underestimate just how draining a game of cricket can actually be. I'm not sure how much Cricket you all play (and I'm not judging anyone for saying Australia may be making excuses) but it really is exhausting. I trained my butt off for my Grand Final a few weeks ago, then played in a 3 day, 300 over Grand Final over two weekends. Lets just say it was a real drainer. And this is just Club cricket!

Australia toured England during June-Sept 2005. They played a total of 24 games in this time, including 8 tour matches, 10 ODI against England and Bangladesh, a 20/20 match, plus the 5 test matches against England. They arrived back in Australia soon after to play in the ICC Super Series (3 ODI, 1 Test Match). This preceded the West Indian tour of Australia between October and November 2005, which included 3 Tests. Following this was the Chapell-Hadlee ODI Series in New Zealand during December, South Africa's tour down-under (Dec 2005 - Jan 2006), the VB Series between South Africa, Sri Lanka and Australia (Jan-Feb 2006); and after this Australia's tour of South Africa (Feb-Mar 2006). A total of 6 Test Matches, two 20/20 Internationals, and 19 ODI's. between December 2005 and March 2006. In total, 58 matches between June 2005 and March 2006 (15 test Matches, three 20/20 Internationals and 32 ODI's and 8 tour matches).

The 3rd Test in Johannesburg finished on the 4th of April 2006, and the first test between Australia and Bangladesh started on the 9th of April 2006. Doesn't leave much time to recharge the batteries, does it? Oh, and for those interested, Mt Waverley - my side - won that Grand Final by 141 runs, after trailing by 16 runs after the first innings.
Old April 14, 2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yeah it's true that it is very tiring, and i do believe them when they say that they are fatigued, and i do sympathise with them for having to go through so much cricket in such a short period of time. however, would ponting have still said the same thing if they had crushed us in the first test match? the fact that they're tired would still have remained a fact, wouldn't it?

the point i'm trying to make is all's well that ends well, and if it isn't, you start complaining about something that you otherwise would never had talked about.

bunch of sissies.
Old April 14, 2006, 06:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
yeah it's true that it is very tiring, and i do believe them when they say that they are fatigued, and i do sympathise with them for having to go through so much cricket in such a short period of time. however, would ponting have still said the same thing if they had crushed us in the first test match? the fact that they're tired would still have remained a fact, wouldn't it?

the point i'm trying to make is all's well that ends well, and if it isn't, you start complaining about something that you otherwise would never had talked about.

bunch of sissies.
Mate, no disrespect, but these guys (Cricket Australia, the players, etc) have been 'winging' about the overcrowded schedule for a long time now. But it seems like it took this long for the ICC and the rest of the world to actually notice.
Old April 14, 2006, 08:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

ICC to notice?? I know for the fact when the schedule was done there wasn't any 20/20 games. When you want to make money, scheduling will be part of game. Live with it. A 120% agree with ATMR. Bunce of sissies. Didn't Marsh rest the key players in VB series? Or it didn't help? Those who are whining, I am sure they all have hit a ball with the driver in the golf course and know how much energy is lost. Especially when you continue to play the course for a 4/5 hours under the humid condition. I am not even going towards the mental exhaustion a golfer has to go through. (Those of who have no idea what I am talking about just watch the picture posted by babu Bhai in another thread) Why not just concentrate on real cricket and stop whining about scheduling. Next thing I would hear is the Aussies lost the ashes because of heavy scheduling.
Old April 14, 2006, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I can understand why Bret Lee is exhausted but why Shane Warne is exhausted? He doesn't even play odis anymore.... he just played three tests in south africa before coming to bangladesh and probably played a bit of domestic cricket when the VB series was going on
Old April 14, 2006, 09:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
ICC to notice?? I know for the fact when the schedule was done there wasn't any 20/20 games. When you want to make money, scheduling will be part of game. Live with it. A 120% agree with ATMR. Bunce of sissies. Didn't Marsh rest the key players in VB series? Or it didn't help? Those who are whining, I am sure they all have hit a ball with the driver in the golf course and know how much energy is lost. Especially when you continue to play the course for a 4/5 hours under the humid condition. I am not even going towards the mental exhaustion a golfer has to go through. (Those of who have no idea what I am talking about just watch the picture posted by babu Bhai in another thread) Why not just concentrate on real cricket and stop whining about scheduling. Next thing I would hear is the Aussies lost the ashes because of heavy scheduling.
Mate, relax. All I was doing was pointing out that there was another side to the story. Who's whining? And what on earth does Golf have to do with Cricket?
Old April 14, 2006, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

hehe...i think what he's trying to say is that if the aussies were THAT tired, they should've stayed in their hotel rooms and chilled instead of going off to the golf course on their first day of arrival.

hmm...now that i think about it...why DID they have to go to the golf course if they were so tired?
Old April 14, 2006, 09:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
hehe...i think what he's trying to say is that if the aussies were THAT tired, they should've stayed in their hotel rooms and chilled instead of going off to the golf course on their first day of arrival.

hmm...now that i think about it...why DID they have to go to the golf course if they were so tired?
Exactly! (I only just remembered I did see them playing Golf in some photos on Cricinfo in the leadup to the match). That is pretty silly now that you mention it (if indeed they were "running on fumes"). Then again, it may have been organised to publicise the series? (Another Scheduling thing!)
Old April 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sorry Mr-Cricket,
I should have mentioned the whiners. The list do not include you. Don't take it personally.
Whiner #1: Arrogant Ponting
Whiner #2: Marsh
Whiner #3: the current head of Cricket Australia.
Whiner #4: $%&#@ australia media.
Whiner #5: Mr. fastest bowler of the world Lee. (When he was out of the team, wasn't it him screaming for attention "I am ready, fit, pick me, I'll do anything, please please please, pretty please")
Whiner #6: Murali got cheap wickets (Self explanatory)
the list continues.

About golf, ATMR has explained it perfectly. Next time, I would suggest for the players to visit the zoo, botanical garden, hospitals, site seeing rather than going to the golf courses if they are so tired and can't play a five day match. Security is no problem there.
Old April 14, 2006, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Sorry mate, I missunderstood what you were saying! Actually, the Australian media hasn't been that bad - we've been getting alot of praise from them of late. I thought Marsh & Co. had a genuine point, but it does sound bad coming right after an almost embarassing performance. And Warne's comments should never have been made - but again, he did clarify in the lead up to the game that he meant no disrespect to Bangladesh (and I'm sure he's glad he did).