facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2006, 03:18 AM
Street Cricketer

BDFlag Aminul Islam Bulbul - new Bangladesh A coach

Being a local sydney resident.. I ran in to Bulbul bhai in the local shopping centre.. He is leaving his new home "Sydney" and returning to Bangladesh on the 10th of May to take up the position of Coach for "Bangladesh A"... Bulbul bhai told me that initially Bangladesh Cricket Board offered him to be the Assistant Coach for Bangladesh National team.. But Bulbul bhai wanted to work with new bunch of young cricketers and pass them on to Dav Watmore for future... We wish him best of luck and hope him all the best as the coach of Bangladesh A... What do you guys think of him as the new coach for "Bangladesh A"

Old May 7, 2006, 05:34 AM
Test Cricketer

I trust he's got a whole swag of Cricket Australia coaching qualifications?
Old May 7, 2006, 05:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default great!

Its good to see our old horses coming back to where they belong. Our young cricketers will learn a lot from them..
Old May 7, 2006, 05:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

that will b good for BD cric
Old May 7, 2006, 06:28 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let us hope he makes a fine coach...not all great players become a great coach.
Old May 7, 2006, 06:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I thnk he could be. coz he had a good understanding with all cricketer..
Old May 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

very good news indeed....
luved him as a player and looking forward to love him as coach as well...
Best of luck Bulbul
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 7, 2006, 09:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Not sure. wheather it is a right decision to put someone like Bulbul vai on the A- team coach. A team is second only to National team. and a more professional coach should have been hired. Moreover, Bulbul vai himself had very faulty techinique.. i wonder how much would he be able to guide A team players. No disrespect to him.. but.. he should have coached more at the beginner level of players.
Old May 7, 2006, 11:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
Not sure. wheather it is a right decision to put someone like Bulbul vai on the A- team coach.
Agree with Ejaj to some extent. Although we haven't seen Bulbul coaching any kind of team yet, and I am sure he has gained a high level of coaching skills during his tenure in Sydney - I still believe he should've started with a younger team like U16 first. This would've helped him mature as a coach, would've tested him on the field, before he could've moved on to get bigger responsibilities. While his vast experience as a player and his high level of commitment to Bangladesh cricket would be a great addition to team - only classroom experience as a coach is probably not good enough for an A-team, which supplies players directly to the national team.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Its an exciting news. Bulbul has been a strong character in BD cricket and he has diversed experience in playing and coaching cricket. I hope BCCB will give him enough freedom to do his job.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judhishthir
Agree with Ejaj to some extent. Although we haven't seen Bulbul coaching any kind of team yet, and I am sure he has gained a high level of coaching skills during his tenure in Sydney - I still believe he should've started with a younger team like U16 first. This would've helped him mature as a coach, would've tested him on the field, before he could've moved on to get bigger responsibilities. While his vast experience as a player and his high level of commitment to Bangladesh cricket would be a great addition to team - only classroom experience as a coach is probably not good enough for an A-team, which supplies players directly to the national team.
Couldn't agree more
Old May 7, 2006, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

that's a good move by BCB
Old May 7, 2006, 01:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

it is still to early to comment on his potential as a coach.very few good coaches in current cricket circuit have had remarkable careers at the top level.they became great coaches because of their management and analytical skills.so judging bulbul by his batting technic is crazy.same goes for chacha.a below average player,but highly respected among the players because of his soft skills.so lets wait and see what bulbul brings to the table.if we are loyal to our habits,we will surely make him the greatest coach in the world one day,and demand his resignation the next day like we do with the players.for now,we should give him a fair chance to succeed in his new responsibility.
Old May 7, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Happy for Bulbul. I always thought he had a good cricketing brain. So i expect him to be a good coach. Let's see what happens.
Old May 7, 2006, 02:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

I heard that Bulbul has taken some training to be a coach in Australia. If that is true then probably we'll be able to utilize him better. All the best for him and hopefully he will be successful.
Old May 7, 2006, 03:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am glad to hear the news. But I am doubtful about it. Why?
First, if the news was true, it would come into the media first.
Second, even if the news is true, it is not professional to leak the news to a friend who would circulate it on the web before any official word from BCB.
Old May 7, 2006, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
Not sure. wheather it is a right decision to put someone like Bulbul vai on the A- team coach. A team is second only to National team. and a more professional coach should have been hired. Moreover, Bulbul vai himself had very faulty techinique.. i wonder how much would he be able to guide A team players. No disrespect to him.. but.. he should have coached more at the beginner level of players.
I agree with Ejaj but I think he was better of being assistant coach of Bangladesh national team before being a full coach of the A team. He could have learned somethings from Dev Whatmore.
Old May 7, 2006, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think when u r a coach of a A team or national team u r players should all know the basics and stuff by that time. The coach needs to be there to
1. face the media
2. decide the strategy
3. help select the team
4. finding out players weak points
etc but not teach cricket.. so that's why i think bulbul is a great choice for A team as he is well spoken, he was very aggressive when he was captain and very good at technical stand point so he can identify players weak points quickly and help them improve it as he was technically very sound(I disagree about his faulty technique thing which was mentioned by Ejaj could you give an example why u think that way? I know he is sound cause he made 145 in the 1st ever test without giving any chances and there r other example 2. he was called javed miandad of bd team)...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 7, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Not necessarily you have to be a very good player to be a very good coach. Look at Bob woolmar or Jhon Buchanon all of them are low profile player but high profile coach so we need one of those.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; May 7, 2006 at 08:38 PM..
Old May 7, 2006, 08:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

A gritty stroke-maker and an excellent fielder that he used to be, he is very much likely to make good use of his experience and make fine cricketers out of the youngsters and I wish him all the best as an A-team coach!! I wondered why he didn’t make it to the team later on (victim of nepotism?) after his promising start at our inaugural test! Lean patch? Who doesn’t have it?? Though it is too early to comment on his performance as a coach, we expect that his long experience in Australian cricket environment would help the youngsters enormously in grooming them up for delivering them to the final elite stage of cricket!!
Zaheed
Old May 7, 2006, 08:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Great to see bulbul bringing back his considerable aussie experience back home!
Old May 8, 2006, 12:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judhishthir
coach of U16?? what .... try solving their acne problem ?? and helping with thier school homework ??

I think it was a good move by CB ...

I'd be utterly insulted if i was AMINUL ISLAM BULBUL and offered as a BD U16 coach

i think CB wants Bulbul to play a bigger role in the following days to come and this is just the first step.... proving his worthiness in his first assignment can only take him forward... he is a role model for our youngsters and i guess he would be better person to guide them through to the next stage....cuz one of the main problem with our coaches is that lots of their advise is LOST IN TRANSLATION... sad but true....

best of luck to him n to our a side...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Can anyone verify the news first? I mean someone said Bulbul is the next A team coach and we started analyzing it without verifying the news.... I haven't heard anything like that from any newspaper or website and we should find out first whether the news is true or not...
Old May 8, 2006, 11:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Some said 'Oi Je ... Akase ai ta ke?' and left.

and avery one stopped and lookin in the sky and start arguing whether its a plane, UFO or a bird. And the argument continued for 6 hours.

And then wise-guy ( I guess his name is Sadi)... "hei Miyara.. mukh ha kprey ...khama Kha Akashe dikey ki dektesen? Akase to kisue nai"

Then everyone said, "Tai to..."
Old May 8, 2006, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Some said 'Oi Je ... Akase ai ta ke?' and left.

and avery one stopped and lookin in the sky and start arguing whether its a plane, UFO or a bird. And the argument continued for 6 hours.

And then wise-guy ( I guess his name is Sadi)... "hei Miyara.. mukh ha kprey ...khama Kha Akashe dikey ki dektesen? Akase to kisue nai"

Then everyone said, "Tai to..."
And then Fazal came and told us the joke
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled