facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Nahaz Bro, I hear your pain. Frustration is bound to kick in, after about 4 years I did not watch a Bangladeshi innings[2nd Innings, Oval]. That should illustrate my level frustration.
But there is something I have noticed, once Tamim[or say Imrul] gets run, the sense of responsibility decreases by a great deal amongst the lower order batsmen. Once they see 150/2, they feel they don't have to do much. This has to change, no one should rely on others to perform, everyone should try to score as many runs[get as many wickets] as they can. And this is where I think setting personal goals might work well, for instance, if one says to Mushy "mate, you will have to score more than 35 today". I still think the players have to take more initiative and be more pro active.
Another thing is, mental strength. Whenever there is pressure on the batsmen, their ability seems to be decreased by 30-40%. The deliveries RIyad would defend with ease in normal situation seems to get him out when he is under pressure. A sports psychologist can only help in such situations.

Overall, I think Jamie is doing a more than satisfactory job, his performance reminds me of a pole vaulter, who is missing the pole by just 3-4 inches and failing to cross every single time. Once he finds out how to cross those extra 4 inches, he will cross the bar quite regularly. All BD team now needs, is some minor tweaks, I do not know what they are. But subtle changes in the mentality/approach will bring in great rewards. This team has the capability to be competitive against NZ/WIN on any given day.

Old June 7, 2010, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi

Overall, I think Jamie is doing a more than satisfactory job, his performance reminds me of a pole vaulter, who is missing the pole by just 3-4 inches and failing to cross every single time. Once he finds out how to cross those extra 4 inches, he will cross the bar quite regularly. All BD team now needs, is some minor tweaks, I do not know what they are. But subtle changes in the mentality/approach will bring in great rewards. This team has the capability to be competitive against NZ/WIN on any given day.
WI is collapsing on their own and being competitive against them now is not really the proper measure of success. As far as NZ goes, the last T20/ODI/Test series begs to differ.

Besides improvements in batting (which i don't think anyone has disagreed with), where exactly has he been a good HEAD COACH

1. Has the team strategy improved
2. Do they know how to take advantage of situations
3. Do they target specific players of the opposition with a plan
4. Are there true partnerships happening (not talking about TI scoring 85% of the runs in a long partnership)
5. Is there team comradarie
6. Is there a positive body language in the team during a game
7. Is there a self belief they can dig themselves out of holes when needed

oh and yeah

8. Have we had any positive results as a team recently
Old June 7, 2010, 10:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Not a big fan of Jamie. If I had money, I would have kept Jamie siddons as the batting coach and hired someone like Dave Whatmore or Tom Moody as the head coach.
Old June 7, 2010, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Raynman Bro, the current results are making us the joke of world cricket. but what I was trying to say was, Jamie has done a lot of things right, but it seems like he is missing that "X-factor" to turn this team into a winning team. We had centuries from Tamim, Imrul, Junayed, Shakib, M'Dullah, Mushfique over the past 6 months, but we are not able to convert those centuries into match winning performances.
And I think this has a lot more to do with the players than the coach, every player must take responsibility in every game. Jamie can try different things to make that happen, but the sense of responsibility has to come from within the players. Jamie/Chacha/Salahuddin must find a way to motivate these players. We all know what the players are capable of, now its time to perform. remember its the stringing of flowers that makes the ornament beautiful, not the flowers alone.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Raynman Bro, the current results are making us the joke of world cricket. but what I was trying to say was, Jamie has done a lot of things right, but it seems like he is missing that "X-factor" to turn this team into a winning team. We had centuries from Tamim, Imrul, Junayed, Shakib, M'Dullah, Mushfique over the past 6 months, but we are not able to convert those centuries into match winning performances.
And I think this has a lot more to do with the players than the coach, every player must take responsibility in every game. Jamie can try different things to make that happen, but the sense of responsibility has to come from within the players. Jamie/Chacha/Salahuddin must find a way to motivate these players. We all know what the players are capable of, now its time to perform. remember its the stringing of flowers that makes the ornament beautiful, not the flowers alone.
isn't it the coach who does the stringing

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 7, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

I'd like to put forward an alternative perspective. The players, in particular one or two batsmen and a few bowlers have demonstrated their ability in patches. Bangladesh cricket needs 3 ot 4 day matches to be played at domestic level. Even at the age of 20 the technical side of the game is well developed and only slight adjustments could be made to improve players. What Bangladesh needs is a coach who speaks Bengali and could communicate with the players on equal terms. Communication is the key because the next level of performance is in the mindset. With regular first class cricket over two seasons and a coach from Bangladesh itself or perhaps the West Bengal, I feel that the country could aspire to be at the level of New Zealand within the next 3 years. Give it another two and the talented youngsters would be capable to challenging the likes of Pakistan and SriLanka regularly.

Please note my background as the above might well have something to do with a less than neutral perspective - I support England passionately in all forms of cricket as that is the team I grew up with. I follow Bangladesh at test level when they play. In the recent series and in the 2005 Lords Test (the latter I attended) I was neutral and applauded good performance from both sides.

The present side is not bad. There are many a player there who could improve with more experience through the longer version of the game.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

JS can only barks.

Some people supports him because he changed some batmen to become good. But he is not only a batting coach. He is a head coach. Over-all team improvement is what we want. And that is below the mark.

No single win in any formats for last how long?

Zimbabwe is way below us but they are winning games consistently. They play to win but we play to score few 50s and 100s.

Last edited by Murad; June 7, 2010 at 02:18 PM..
Old June 7, 2010, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

"Siddons likes to work with the academy once Bangladesh return from current international duty" according to daily inqilab
Old June 18, 2010, 12:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

siddons' batting lesson rocks nowdays
Old June 20, 2010, 01:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Chanderpaul, Amla

The reason Siddon focuses mainly on batting is probably because this is the easiest department to improve on. He knows we don't and won't have a bowler with the capability of bowling 90mph or bowl long spells in test. why? we don't have that physique. It's just not in us. May be that is why he focuses on batting more than anything. Not that batting is not physical but batting is more of how you use your head.

Fielding should be and must be improved. A great batting team + A great fielding team + a mediocre bowling team = decent enough to challenge and win matches against teams like England, Pakistan, New Zealand, West Indies and Sri Lanka. (SA is not included bcuz they are a good team. India and Aus will pay the oppistion to loose and save their face. To me Every match played by Ind and Aus seems to be fixed)
Old June 20, 2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
What is the best thing the BCB has done?

Well that's obvious isn't it? He can only help those who help themselves. That's why he hasn't gone anywhere with a loser like Ashraful.

You guys are over-estimating the role of a coach in cricket. Shakib has to improve his captaincy and become more authoritative to win matches not Siddons.
Very well said Equinox .
Old June 20, 2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
JS can only barks.

Some people supports him because he changed some batmen to become good. But he is not only a batting coach. He is a head coach. Over-all team improvement is what we want. And that is below the mark.

No single win in any formats for last how long?

Zimbabwe is way below us but they are winning games consistently. They play to win but we play to score few 50s and 100s.
Siddons can't make the the over all team improvemnt. BCB should improve the doemstic cricketing stracture first. You will see the Bangladesh cricket's over-all improvement then.

Even Zimbabwe has got good pace bowling coach like Heath Streak. Bangladesh has got who ???

Please accept the reality and stop blaming Siddons and BD players.

Last edited by BanArafath; June 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM..