facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2012, 06:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default Tendulkar - Take a bow

Don't need to say much but lets take a bow to this living legend.

100th 100 - Congratulations.

Old March 16, 2012, 06:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Missed it. Congrats. Ash meanwhile takes a bou.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 16, 2012, 07:02 AM

Tendu you idiot! Cant you find any better time than hitting it against BD!? Congrats.
Old March 16, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ ^^ Haha! @ Zee and PF.

Lol at all the BD players going to shake hands with Tendu while he was celebrating. Should've let him have his moment properly and shake his hands on the way out.

Top man, don't need to say much. Not many cricket players will be so warmly celebrated by opposition supporters.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Other than some lose bowling at the end, India can also blame Sachin (not that anyone ever will) for Imrul Kayesing those extra balls and hogging the strike. They could've easily scored over 300 runs and shut down Ban right there and then.

He has been doing this selfish thing through out his career, as soon as he got close to a 100. Slow down, and put pressure on the others, and totally change the rhythm of the game. Which hurt him as well. If he wasn't so focused on getting to mark he would've had at least 120 100s by now.

W/e Congrats Choker. David is better than you
Old March 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

At press conference: "I don't care about records, I don't care about milestones..."

uhumm. uhum.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Tendulkar was amazingly selfish in this game! India slowed down for about 8 overs all because of him. I don't give him any credit for making this accomplishment against BD (not to degrade our team but our bowling definitely needs work) and ALSO while playing very slowly and carefully.
Old March 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvi
Tendulkar was amazingly selfish in this game! India slowed down for about 8 overs all because of him. I don't give him any credit for making this accomplishment against BD (not to degrade our team but our bowling definitely needs work) and ALSO while playing very slowly and carefully.
India didn't lose because of Tendulkar. They had 33 runs to defend from last 3 overs, and they still lost. We needed 39 from 39 against Pakistan, but we lost. Pakistan had Gul, India had Praveen Kumar/Irfan Pathn. Hafeez played a similar innings for Pakistan, but nobody would've blamed him if Pakistan lost that match. That's the problem of being Tendulkar.
Old March 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I won't call the great man a Choker. He deserves all the accolades. But, in all sincerity, this innings was not a winning one. He left India short at least 30-40 runs. If you are a cynic, you may say that it was a selfish knock, and there is some validity to that point. Tendulkar staying till 47th over was a blessing in disguise. Maybe he ran out of gas, but in the end, it wasn't a good knock.
Old March 16, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
India didn't lose because of Tendulkar. They had 33 runs to defend from last 3 overs, and they still lost. We needed 39 from 39 against Pakistan, but we lost. Pakistan had Gul, India had Praveen Kumar/Irfan Pathn. Hafeez played a similar innings for Pakistan, but nobody would've blamed him if Pakistan lost that match. That's the problem of being Tendulkar.
They lost at the moment, not because of it. 2 different thing. There are more than just one "because" in an outcome.

It all adds up in the end. Only the bowlers will get blamed because they were suppose to defend. If India was chasing, and they came short, then Sachin's inning would've been criticized. Whether India lost because of Sachin can be argued for ages. There are many innings like. But either way, he did play selfishly. He can deny it on the press conference saying all that, "Never looked at my score, was only looking at the team's RR, don't care about milestones..." but those are lies.

I love Sachin, he is a pure gentleman and a great sportsman, in any sports, would love to have his stats as a player. But as an outsider, he wouldn't be my first choice.

He is a LEGEND. But he is NOT a match winner. He never was. This will hunt him when he retires.
Old March 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
He is a LEGEND. But he is NOT a match winner. He never was. This will hunt him when he retires.
Both count-wise and percentage wise, he's one of the best match winners to ever play. The lesser players don't play well often enough to end up in the losing side many times after strong personal performance.
Old March 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Poor guy getting his 100 against us, but losing at the same time. Although he doesn't deserved to be bashed like I've been seeing from the Indians like this.
Old March 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
Trust me If he wasn't Indian he would not get anywhere near as much recognition as he does.
It has nothing to do with Nationality. Please don't get me hooked up in these sort of mess. I'm talking about Sachin the Cricketer, not his race or his religion or where he is from.

100x 100 IS big. There is no denying that. And people would've recognized it no matter what.

Jesus.
Old March 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

A Great Achievement.

I don't think India lost the Match to BD, harms his record any way, rather it does the opposite. Think of it. If any time later people say that if it wasn't BD he probably wouldn't have got that. Now then he can show how good the opponent was, they beat the star packed Indian team and the world champions. Moreover, if you see the score card, if TENDULKAR didn't make a century, india probably would struggle to get to 290. Rahim's target was to book them in 260, but that sachin's innings took them to 290/5.

So his century came against a quality opponent and he can personally feel much better about it. Congrats little man...
Old March 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

100th 100, incredible, so Congratulations! You've always been a true gentleman and have handled celebrity like few others.

But it's also the 200th loss you've faced and the 14th century you've scored in a losing cause. A blemish on an otherwise sterling record.

Still, thanks for your advice to Tamim and Shakib. Whatever you said, worked.
Old March 16, 2012, 02:44 PM
MLC World Series I

Congratulations to the little master, wish we could produce someone half of his calibre!
Old March 16, 2012, 03:01 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

ei matro Indian forum theke ekta uki mere aslam. My word, those who was Saying Sachin is a God, now saying he is the most selfish player ever on earth
Old March 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Indian fans are selfish themselves. And I feel Sachin gets criticized even more because he is very easy going and soft-spoken. If he was someone like Sehwag they wouldn't have criticized him as much.
Old March 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar
, 1 run, 52.3 mph, and he's finally done it! Clips it down to square leg and jogs the single, very subdued celebration, he must be mightily relieved but he's not showing it, removes his helmet, the Bangladesh fie;lder congratulate him, 100 international centuries - we may never see it emulated, well done Sachin! Take a bow
Old March 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
The world will remember him as a legend. Can't take that away from him no matter how one tries to look at the flip side.

As I said, Class is class, and the classy thing to do is to celebrate it.
This is a once in a few lifetime moment. Put's our lives in perspective. A few lifetimes.
Old March 16, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Old March 16, 2012, 03:44 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Dedication to SRT from cricinfo.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sachin/content/site/
Old March 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

He is a great player, he has achieved wonderful things in his career and this was a monumental innings. Unfortunately, the way he achieved the feat will further add fuel to the fire that he plays for statistics. He was way too slow and may have cost India the match. I am happy our bowlers made him wait and the batsmen reaped the benefit.

Congrats Sachin.
Old March 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

BD won and i watch the 100th 100 live in the stadium...what a day..i am forever a part of history!!
Old March 16, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend