facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 21, 2008, 12:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Swimming - As it is in BD

BD a land of rivers and waters of all description. Swimming is a natural ability for 99.99 percent of the population. We are likely to have a lots of natural talent in this sport. Once upon a time we had some good swimmers as well. Not to forget brozen das, Mosharraf hossain, Mizanur rahman etc. But once again it is heartening to see such mismanagement at the national championship level.

If only one thing I had to mention about it, "Determining age by seeing teeth" is one of the most strikingly premitive procedure that's killing me. It's not that we don't have the technology/knowledge, but how even a group of people decide to do that at the national level, is my question.

Then this manual timings, even after having an electronic scoreboard ? How on this earth we can be even competitive with such attitude.

DAAT DEKHE BOYOSH BICHAR !!

Old July 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

I think swimming ability is less than 99.99 but higher than 80.00 (I don't know how to swim) (I am still learning).

Last edited by sbsash; July 31, 2008 at 09:25 AM..
Old August 1, 2008, 01:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
I think swimming ability is less than 99.99 but higher than 80.00 (I don't know how to swim) (I am still learning).
100% in villages and will be above 90% in the Mofoshshol cities, in Dhaka its a bit less and in those born abroad.

Considering that 90% people live outside Dhaka, the over all percentage is likely to be close to 98/99.

Happy swimming to you.
Old August 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
100% in villages and will be above 90% in the Mofoshshol cities, in Dhaka its a bit less and in those born abroad.

Considering that 90% people live outside Dhaka, the over all percentage is likely to be close to 98/99.

Happy swimming to you.
99.9% 30 and over.