facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 3, 2009, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
PITTSBURGH STEELERS are the champs for the Sixth time. Yeah baby..I have finally recovered...
They played better and deserve the win...There defense was good along with the Quarterback...played as a team...on the otherhand the underdogs had only two key players QB and Fitzgerald the receiver...their defense looked toothless...anways it was a great game.

Old February 3, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
well i have played a bit of baseball and watched some games and didnt really enjoy that much, was quite disappointed and dont know what all the hype is about.

Yeh ive seen many football games, I love it!
but i think ur referring to american soccer or football as u guys call it. Again, its just a glorified version of rugby where they cover themselves with padding and helmets chasing after a loaf of bread.
u seem like one pissed of british..
Old February 3, 2009, 11:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Don't worry guys. Don't pay attention to ignorant comments. People looking in from outside has little knowledge of the chess game that is Football.

GO STEELERS ! Six Burgh rocks..
Old February 8, 2009, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Cricket < Baseball Worldwide

Cricket Has 10 Major Cricket Crazy Nations (If you want to include Zimbabwe) & Associates and the subcontientnt is reponisble for 70% of the Audience.

ICC can't even get Cricket in London the so called Birthplace of Cricket. Baseball has been played in the Olympics.

In it's 1st Year the World Baseball Classic was a Success, Even Australia (0-3) pushed heavyweights Venezuala and the Dominican Republic to tight games.
Maybe baseball has featured as a success in the olympics as opposed to cricket but current world order shows a demand in cricket than the brainless baseball game. With the intro of 20/20 style cricket in 2003, the world is getting more into the game and as a result showing more interest in the root of the game like test cricket etc..

Have u ever heard of major cricket teams inviting baseball players to their teams? Baseball cries out for cricketers as evident with the stint Gilly had with some team in the states, cant remember the other guys that went over..
Baseball has only ever had influence on the great game of cricket through incorporation of fielding coaches which was merely an unnecessary attachment.
Old February 8, 2009, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Troll Alert! Seriously though, you might want to stop pretending like the typical jealous European. Judging from a lot of your posts, you're one of those people who consider themselves more British than Bangladeshi...and thats perfectly fine by me. But all this Anti-American bashing seems a wee bit forced to me...Almost like you're looking around the forums for threads to bash them in. If you dont like American Football, move along and post somewhere else. No need to try to rile everybody up...

By the way, just because you seem to be so intent on acting like them...you might want to know that a lot of Brits live for American pop culture. You say "American Soccer" has the popularity of cricket in Argentina? The last game in Britain drew a crowd of over 83,000 (Not that anyone here cares, i just looked it up right now because you intrigued me)...
Me anti american? no wayy, after all Britain is the 51st state of USA

Maybe it attracted so much crowd, but try implementing a weekly league basis in UK for this sport, the games will be lucky to attract 83 mate..One off games of high symbolism to some , are bound to bring in the people just like the 'entertainment' business of wrestling where they sometimes host events in the UK..

Sorry for creating offense, just some friendly transatlantic banter gone overboard that i sometimes encounter myself from Americans..hope u accept my apologies whoever took offense
Old February 8, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Yameen, my two cents:

If you TRULY understand games like Baseball and Football ("american soccer" ... as you call it), you would NOT deem it "brainless."

If you DON'T know about them, but still would like to pass harsh judgments ... well, we know what that makes you then, don't we?
Old February 8, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Yameen, my two cents:

If you TRULY understand games like Baseball and Football ("american soccer" ... as you call it), you would NOT deem it "brainless."

If you DON'T know about them, but still would like to pass harsh judgments ... well, we know what that makes you then, don't we?

I have played a bit of baseball and watched some games during my time in USA few years back. American soccer is very similar to rugby(which i follow) except for the fact of some of the tackling constraints and of course the unlimited padding taken on in the american version.

So yes, i can pass judgement with some substance otherwise would keep quiet on the matter..
Old February 8, 2009, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Me anti american? no wayy, after all Britain is the 51st state of USA

Maybe it attracted so much crowd, but try implementing a weekly league basis in UK for this sport, the games will be lucky to attract 83 mate..One off games of high symbolism to some , are bound to bring in the people just like the 'entertainment' business of wrestling where they sometimes host events in the UK..

Sorry for creating offense, just some friendly transatlantic banter gone overboard that i sometimes encounter myself from Americans..hope u accept my apologies whoever took offense
Darn it! Now i feel guilty... I agree that if it were played on a weekly basis, the stadium probably wouldn't be close to being full. Gotta agree with you there...

Sorry if i might have come off a little rude. I'm starting to like this game almost as much as cricket nowadays and i guess it just hit a nerve. I'm usually pretty cool with stuff like that...
Old February 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
I have played a bit of baseball and watched some games during my time in USA few years back. American soccer is very similar to rugby(which i follow) except for the fact of some of the tackling constraints and of course the unlimited padding taken on in the american version.

So yes, i can pass judgement with some substance otherwise would keep quiet on the matter..
Well, bro, your "judgment" seems a wee bit specious when you say "football is followed only by people with an i.q. less than 100 i.e. Americans."

And you say you didn't mean to offend anybody?
Old February 8, 2009, 08:49 PM
Cricket Sage

u dn't like it fine..knock yourself out..no one here is questioning why u don't like it...but there is a big difference between saying i dn't like and a bunch of retards play it...
Old February 8, 2009, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Go Falcons!!!
Old February 8, 2009, 10:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Yameen....here's a secret:

It's all about the s3xy NFL cheerleaders.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 9, 2009, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Yeah!!
Go Cincinnati Bengals!!
Old February 12, 2009, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Well, bro, your "judgment" seems a wee bit specious when you say "football is followed only by people with an i.q. less than 100 i.e. Americans."

And you say you didn't mean to offend anybody?
well unless i have been misinformed, the IQ of an average american is about 95? anyways i wish to retract what i said, and offer my sincere apologies once again due to my ignorance and my taste in very bad humour!
Old February 12, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
well unless i have been misinformed, the IQ of an average american is about 95? anyways i wish to retract what i said, and offer my sincere apologies once again due to my ignorance and my taste in very bad humour!
apologize korle hoibo na...dosh din sig change koira: I HEART Am. Football likhte hoibo...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 12, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Its 98, which is roughly on par with the rest of the world...