facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

yeah single him out. btw how much did tamim scored? the whole team played bad. not a single 50 chasing 285?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old February 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

i am disgusted...not ash only
Old February 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I saw People in the stadium started leaving once Ash got out....but anyways the 4 he hit was really good shot and next ball BOWLED!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 15, 2011, 12:53 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i will open a Ash forum and become the admin there!!..it will be as hit as the BC forum muhahaha!!!
Old February 15, 2011, 12:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
I saw People in the stadium started leaving once Ash got out....but anyways the 4 he hit was really good shot and next ball BOWLED!!!!!!!!!!
Was he swinging across the line-Ashrapull? or a cheeky late cut? how about the scoop?
Old February 15, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

The only good thing about this game is ash fail and he won't plays against india

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 15, 2011, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
So that shows how much faith the fans have in him, still. If I was a Ash-hater, I'd have left, as soon as he'd walked out to bat.

This has been said many times by many of the great BC-ites (I just learned it's not BC-ers), we are the same people who hates him right now, will love him again, as soon as he scores a 50+ inning.

Bashing aint gonna help, support will (or can/could/should)
Old February 15, 2011, 02:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ashraful jai din khelbe ami oi din khelai dakhbo na. jana kotha BD harbe. :\ o bat eo kichu korte parbe na.. bowling e kichu korte parleo catch fele kichu ekta oghoton ghotabei.
Old February 15, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Well, one positvie... We have seen what Suiddique can do... 38 from 29 against Pakistan is 100x better than 56 from 116 against Zimbabwe... He has improved in my opinion.
Old February 15, 2011, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Right, because his SR was above 110, and he hit a 6? That little inning took us no where. Sure, it was right the approach for the game situation. But he either had to go on, or follow JS's order, "slow-mow". Why do you think JS is so defensive with these guys? Because he knows our batsmen can't last long while playing aggressive. Our "natural game" Ashrafullers were taking us no where all these years. (Anit-JS btw)

I was well aware of Siddique's hitting ability. Most of you guys are surprised by it, IDK why. T20 WC, 2007, vs Pak, his first game. Remember? It's JS, who has been working with him (and the other guys) to make him more compact and into a proper batsman. Otherwise he was avg.ing 19, with his "natural" game. He avg. 30+ last year.
Old February 15, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Well great he is doing well... A bit slow though, wouldn't you agree in 2010? A strike rate of 67 is not good for a number 3, especially when he has Kayes before him (with a strike rate of 65), then follwed by (65 Mushfiq) or 70 (ashraful)... Hes got to begin to pick up the pace!
Old February 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Ahsraful has become a liability and the team need to cut losses and its time to let the boy go.
Old February 15, 2011, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Well, one positvie... We have seen what Suiddique can do... 38 from 29 against Pakistan is 100x better than 56 from 116 against Zimbabwe... He has improved in my opinion.
Don't think he has improved. He always had the ability and has played cameos like that before. I remember his T20 World Cup innings agianst India in '09 at Nottingham. I was in the stadium at the time and was loving the panic striken faces of the Indian supporters around me. He was hitting them all over the park! I think on that occassion it was 41 of 22 balls. So yeah whenever he is in that mode or he is given the license to thrill he has it in him to use the long handle.
Old February 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Well great he is doing well... A bit slow though, wouldn't you agree in 2010? A strike rate of 67 is not good for a number 3, especially when he has Kayes before him (with a strike rate of 65), then follwed by (65 Mushfiq) or 70 (ashraful)... Hes got to begin to pick up the pace!
I can't really criticize J for being slow if that's how he was instructed to play. When one of our biggest hitter's SR is around 70, 67 next to J's name isn't all that bad. Plus he gave up his stroke-making for the team, and changed himself into a stable, sort of anchor at number 3, something that we needed badly for years. Ashraful was attacking and he failed at 3. 1 down meant 2 down in no time.

I'd take that SR of 67 for that 30+ avg. But yes, he can definitely do better. SR 75, Avg 40+
Old February 15, 2011, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

[quote=Shehwar;1271740]Don't think he has improved. He always had the ability and has played cameos like that before. I remember his T20 World Cup innings agianst India in '09 at Nottingham. I was in the stadium at the time and was loving the panic striken faces of the Indian supporters around me. He was hitting them all over the park! I think on that occassion it was 41 of 22 balls. So yeah whenever he is in that mode or he is given the license to thrill he has it in him to use the long handle.[/quote]

Ajke ki dosh korsilo...tar mood ki karap chilo kono karone...long handle use korte ki license lage...he just need one more time...just one more time and he will use the long handle to make things memorable..
Old February 15, 2011, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

the way ash getting bashed, he might just commit suicide
Old February 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
This sort of thread gotta stop. Enough is enough. Mods/admin should impose a strict rule on bashing anyone from this WC squad at least until before WC is over. Support the team no matter what. The most annoying thing is, keep bashing particular palyer even when others also fail miserably

I agree, pls dont start bashing Ash now, wait until the tournament is finished. Team needs all the support. Ash is not the only one who failed. Hope they play better against india.
Old February 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Based on today's performance looks like Ashraful solidfied his position for the the 1st real game beating Raqibul, Naaem, Ryiad, Mushfiq, Shuvo. Here is my anal-lysis

1. Case for Ashraful against Rakibul
a) Ashraful had a SR of 133 compared to Raqibul's SR 96.
b) Ashraful bolwed two overs compared to Raqibul's none.
c) Ashraful almost caught one catch, compared to non for Raquibul.
Verdict: Advantage Motin

2. Case for Ashraful against Naeem
a) Ashraful had a SR of 133 compared to Raqibul's SR 50.
b) While bowling Ashraful gave 17 runs, whereas Naeem gave 26 Runs
c) While Naeem caught one catch, unlucky Ash also amost caught one catch

3. Case for Ashraful against Mahmudullah
a) Ashraful had a SR of 133 compared to Mahmudullah's SR 35.
b) Ashraful and Mahmudullah both bowled two overs
c) While Ashraful scored one boundary, Mahmudullah scored none.

4. Case for Ashraful against Mushfiq
a) Ashraful had a SR of 133 compared to Mahmudullah's SR 34.
b) Ashraful bowled two overs while Mushfiq scored none.
c) While Ashraful almost caught one catch, Mushfiq scored none.

5. Case for Ashraful against Shuvo
a) Ashraful had a SR of 133 compared to Compatred to Shuvo's SR N/A.
b) Ashraful contributon was 4 runs to Bangladesh score board, Shuvo's none.
c) While bowling, Ashraful only gave 17 runs compared to Shuvo's 23 runs.

So here you go taklu Da...

a) Before the game, if anyone question why Ash is in the team against India, please feel free to use above reasoning.

b) After the game (we win), if anyone question why Ash was in the team against India, say "didn't we win the game?"

b) After the game (if we lose), if anyone question why Ash was in the team against India, say "beta Ekta chagol, amar kotha shuney na... but we don't have any alternative player to replace him"
Old February 15, 2011, 05:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

ashrafool er alternative paowa onek tough akhon.. who wants to get out in such a stupid manner ? But ashrafool er replacement hisabe rakibul ase. akhon seta amader selector der mathae duklei hoe
Old February 15, 2011, 05:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Fazal bhai is back. (some do call him mamu)
Old February 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It's not Ashraful vs Raqibul anymore. Because as it was said, Ashraful will bat at 6 now, and Rahim will bat at 4. I could care less about where Ashraful bats, but I want Rahim at 4, it has been explained why many many times. And there is no I want Raqibul Hasan at 6. Raqibul's place is at 4. And it's being covered by Rahim - a more positive and productive version of Raqibul.

As for Ashraful's replacement - inform Kapali.
Old February 15, 2011, 07:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Ok, I know there are many supporters of Ash. I used to be his fan also. But Come on guys??? What Ashraful wants?!! he will continue making under 10 and even in a non stressed/no pressure match!!..

actually you know what!, Ashraful is happy because he knows that it doesn't matter what ashraful scores, always he will be in team.....because our team management is his pet dog. Whatever ashraful wants, it happens.
Old February 15, 2011, 07:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
It's not Ashraful vs Raqibul anymore. Because as it was said, Ashraful will bat at 6 now, and Rahim will bat at 4. I could care less about where Ashraful bats, but I want Rahim at 4, it has been explained why many many times. And there is no I want Raqibul Hasan at 6. Raqibul's place is at 4. And it's being covered by Rahim - a more positive and productive version of Raqibul.

As for Ashraful's replacement - inform Kapali.
Raqibul is a better batsman than Mushfiqur Rahim. He played "ok" for his 30/31 compared to Mush's 9/26. Raiqbul averaging 29.30 with 8 50s VS M. Rahim's 23.54 with 7 50s, also take in mind Raqibul has played 25 less matches, with time he has the potential to be averaging at 33. Raqibul is a decent batsman and can rotate the strike and hit boundaries when necessary, Mushfiq struggles against pace, so if we lose two early wickets, Mush will be a walking wicket.
Old February 15, 2011, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Raqibul is a better batsman than Mushfiqur Rahim. He played "ok" for his 30/31 compared to Mush's 9/26. Raiqbul averaging 29.30 with 8 50s VS M. Rahim's 23.54 with 7 50s, also take in mind Raqibul has played 25 less matches, with time he has the potential to be averaging at 33. Raqibul is a decent batsman and can rotate the strike and hit boundaries when necessary, Mushfiq struggles against pace, so if we lose two early wickets, Mush will be a walking wicket.
That's not the correct way to compare two player, at least not in this context. We are talking about No. 4 and Rahim vs Raqibul. You can't say Raqibul is a better batsman at 4, based on Rahim's avg. who comes to bat at 6 mostly (even at 7) vs Raqibul, who comes at 4. When our team is in full trouble (70/4 after 20 overs - thanks to Kayes, J and Raqibul's negative minded batting), Rahim comes into bat. Or he comes when it's 35+ overs, and he has only 10-15 overs to score some quick runs and take the team to a decent total- no time to settle in and get a good score for himself. He is not a slogger, he is not a "get-goer", but he is given that job. He never got the chance to convert his scores into something big. Just look at his test record, much better, mainly because he has all the time in the world.

Rahim's Avg @ No. 4: 30.8 in 5
R-Hasan's Avg @ No. 4: 27.36 in 36

I for one hate judging players by their batting avg. It doesn't show the full structure of a batsman. But I can tell you this, give Rahim 32 more innings to bat on at 4, he will definitely score more runs than Raqibul and avg at 40s.
Old February 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's not the correct way to compare two player, at least not in this context. We are talking about No. 4 and Rahim vs Raqibul. You can't say Raqibul is a better batsman at 4, based on Rahim's avg. who comes to bat at 6 mostly (even at 7) vs Raqibul, who comes at 4. When our team is in full trouble (70/4 after 20 overs - thanks to Kayes, J and Raqibul's negative minded batting), Rahim comes into bat. Or he comes when it's 35+ overs, and he has only 10-15 overs to score some quick runs and take the team to a decent total- no time to settle in and get a good score for himself. He is not a slogger, he is not a "get-goer", but he is given that job. He never got the chance to convert his scores into something big. Just look at his test record, much better, mainly because he has all the time in the world.

Rahim's Avg @ No. 4: 30.8 in 5
R-Hasan's Avg @ No. 4: 27.36 in 36

I for one hate judging players by their batting avg. It doesn't show the full structure of a batsman. But I can tell you this, give Rahim 32 more innings to bat on at 4, he will definitely score more runs than Raqibul and avg at 40s.
Fair enough. I will discuss the matter with you after Rahim's 32 more innings.