facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
thanks habib bhai,i really appreciate that,since i have started this thread,sir john has started criticising my guyanese team,it is because of him that guyana lost their matches,but guyana has every right to raise their heads after their performance against the indians,i am reall ysorry that the will have to exit the tournament,but organisers really wantted an indian team to win it because they will get back their revenue from the team,cricket is a business,why can't team like guyana and wayamba,have foreign players in their sides?i am really sorry for bushrangers to lost cameron white,and central stags for losing ross taylor,it is because indians want to dominate cricket in the world,some sort of dictatorship,as i said earlier cricket is a business,ans sir john you have no right to mess up my team,you are what some would call a hypocrite
i will watch champions league when ......

1) domestic champions from all countries will play.

2) all the domestic tourneys will be held at the same time and one player cannot play for two different clubs in a same year. and the player must represent the same team in champions league that he represented in the domestic league.

3) the way foreigners playing in IPL the same way indians will play in foreign leagues. why only POLARDs and BRAVOS will play for MUMBAI ... why not SACHINS and TIWARYS play for Guyana or Trinidad .... ....

for me currently this champions league is not a true champions league

Old September 20, 2010, 11:35 PM
Cricket Savant

just checked the points table and fixtures and results for the first time ......

it looks like there is a good chance that alll the IPL team will miss the semis ....

thats nice
Old September 21, 2010, 01:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
just checked the points table and fixtures and results for the first time ......

it looks like there is a good chance that alll the IPL team will miss the semis ....

thats nice
Ok we will see!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 21, 2010, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:

no argument with that, except for the fact that I think don't think the BD team is ready yet. pakistan of course, has other problems.
Quote:
2) all the domestic tourneys will be held at the same time and one player cannot play for two different clubs in a same year. and the player must represent the same team in champions league that he represented in the domestic league.
and why should that be ? it's upto the agreement between the teams and the players.
FYI the domestic teams get a hefty sum from IPL teams for letting their players play for IPL teams. have you seen any central district official complain about this ? or the players ?
if they don't have a problem why should you ?
Quote:
3) the way foreigners playing in IPL the same way indians will play in foreign leagues. why only POLARDs and BRAVOS will play for MUMBAI ... why not SACHINS and TIWARYS play for Guyana or Trinidad .... ....
sure, pay them enough and I'm sure they will be only too happy to play for guyana and trinidad. why only single out Indian players ?
which english or australian players play in west indies or pakistan's local league ?

just FYI though, I don't watch the CLT20 with any regularity either, just have a look if it's on during dinner.
Old September 21, 2010, 05:39 AM
Banned

Quote:

for me currently this champions league is not a true champions league

Summer doesnt occur at the same time all around the world.
Old September 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
and why should that be ? it's upto the agreement between the teams and the players.FYI the domestic teams get a hefty sum from IPL teams for letting their players play for IPL teams. have you seen any central district official complain about this ? or the players ?if they don't have a problem why should you ?
i was actually was looking the way CL is played in fooltball. perhaps the club cricket can be played on a similar way in the cricketing world. all clubs have fixed squads for a season for all tournaments. and there are fixed regulations and transfer activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
sure, pay them enough and I'm sure they will be only too happy to play for guyana and trinidad. why only single out Indian players ?which english or australian players play in west indies or pakistan's local league ?
if a similar method like fooball can be adopted then we may see players from different countries play in different countries. but like england, spain and italy attracts more star players as they pay more money in cricket we may see india, australia or england getting more stars. and i didn't mean to single out india. only gave an example.

i think FIFA has a good structure and balance in club and international football all over the world. ICC can think to redefine their structure and balance in club and international cricket.
Old September 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

The difference is that football can be played in different weather. But to play cricket you need the sun & the winter (but not too cold).
Old September 22, 2010, 12:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

Banglore make into semis.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 22, 2010, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

offstump, it's like habib says, it's difficult to find one window that suits all. for example this year county teams couldn't participate because ECB refused to re-schedule county matches by a few days to match the window that suited everybody else. the county teams themselves were quite eager to play in CLT20. still, it's early days and I think CLT20 will have its own window in the future.

FIFA is strongly skewed in favour of club teams, except the WC and tournaments like euro and copa, it's club football that matters. I don't think that is going to happen in cricket, where international football is the primary form. club cricket will rise in importance but I don't think it will ever surpass international cricket.
Old September 22, 2010, 07:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel :outbad:Here
offstump, it's like habib says, it's difficult to find one window that suits all. for example this year county teams couldn't participate because ECB refused to re-schedule county matches by a few days to match the window that suited everybody else. the county teams themselves were quite eager to play in CLT20. still, it's early days and I think CLT20 will have its own window in the future.

FIFA is strongly skewed in favour of club teams, except the WC and tournaments like euro and copa, it's club football that matters. I don't think that is going to happen in cricket, where international football is the primary form. club cricket will rise in importance but I don't think it will ever surpass international cricket.

yes it will be impossible to play the Domestics all together ... but when the CL is played its is possible to implement rules such that teams will have to play with the same team in CL that they played in their domestics in the latest league.

the way IPL is growing club cricket is sure to rise very soon ....
Old September 22, 2010, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

and what happens when a player plays for more than one team ? you do realise that IPL counts as India's domestic league ?