facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 27, 2006, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
Orphy vai, u wanna take a chance,,
Kid is about two years old. So exactly how many closet pedaphiles do we have here?

Old November 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Gatekeeper bhai...you're from NY, and I hoped you'ld know it by now. But just in any case, look at average americans, you'll get the idea. They're not stupid, they're just blindfolded by their media. Who says BBC is widely popular in the US?

Who said anything about BBC's popularity in the US? I was merely drawing a comparison.

Americans are not stupid, they're illinformed even misinformed.
Old November 27, 2006, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

BBC is way better then CNN. in cnn u dont get the news u want. they hardly cover international news besides iraq,iran afghanistan,israel. so i dont watch it.
Old November 27, 2006, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
It hasn't because that's not what I asked. My question was: do we assume that channel is biased simply because it is backed or run by a key corporate figure/political associate? I know who Falu is and what kind of role he plays in NTV. That's what makes it interesting, because you'd expect for this reason NTV would be completely biased, but I personally haven't noticed anything suspicious and I want to find out. You said you haven't watched a great deal of NTV, so you based your belief on a popular theory. Fair enough, but that's still a theory unless you can give me precise examples of NTV's bias due to Falu or Tarek's involvement. I'm not surprised at all by how many Americans believe CNN gives proper news coverage, but that's their belief.
My answer is: yes

The reason I quoted gatekeeper and sydney is because their thoughts complement mine. Note that gatekeeper mentions the following:

Quote:
As far as being biased or non-biased, it is largely a judgment call in Bangladesh's context. BD politicians AND people will label you 'biased' if any reporting goes against their interest.
I just didn't explicitly want to say that you don't find it biased simply because it says what you're willing to hear.

Yup, popular theory it is, and it might not be applicable. All I'm saying is, if NTV doesn't follow the popular theory, then we have to consider Folu and Tarek as saints for not having any political impact on the news coverage. Practically, they're neither saints, nor anywhere close to it.

You're talking from your personal viewpoint, and I'm talking from theoretical viewpoint. Since I haven't watched NTV all that much, I really can't prove my point. Unless someone who's familiar with NTV gives proper examples, I can't help it.

You could, however, take Ahmed bhai's example and dig into it. I'll be glad to hear.
Old November 28, 2006, 12:15 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
My answer is: yes

The reason I quoted gatekeeper and sydney is because their thoughts complement mine. Note that gatekeeper mentions the following:

I just didn't explicitly want to say that you don't find it biased simply because it says what you're willing to hear.

Yup, popular theory it is, and it might not be applicable. All I'm saying is, if NTV doesn't follow the popular theory, then we have to consider Folu and Tarek as saints for not having any political impact on the news coverage. Practically, they're neither saints, nor anywhere close to it.

You're talking from your personal viewpoint, and I'm talking from theoretical viewpoint. Since I haven't watched NTV all that much, I really can't prove my point. Unless someone who's familiar with NTV gives proper examples, I can't help it.

You could, however, take Ahmed bhai's example and dig into it. I'll be glad to hear.
Well I'm not particularly enthusiastic about willing to see my country ablaze, being destroyed, people being beaten, killed and so forth, even though it is the truth and it is what I've seen on NTV since it launched in the UK. I just wanted to verify whether NTV has such bias as I don't live in BD to know better myself. From my viewpoint I can't see any, that means to the contrary of what one would normally expect from a BNP-backed private channel. Your theory makes sense, but I'm thinking more practical as I can't base my belief on theories or assumptions. Since you raised the point about bias in Bangladeshi media, I wanted to hear more details from you. It's ok since you haven't watched NTV that much.
Old November 28, 2006, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Well I'm not particularly enthusiastic about willing to see my country ablaze, being destroyed, people being beaten, killed and so forth, even though it is the truth and it is what I've seen on NTV since it launched in the UK.
Aray hatebreed bhai, that's something I'm sure nobody on BC would want to see .
Of course it's the truth. It's not at all what I meant.

But right now that 20/20's being played, I'm trying to get Channel i from this website, and it's not working. That's bias against cricket lovers
Old November 28, 2006, 12:32 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
But right now that 20/20's being played, I'm trying to get Channel i from this website, and it's not working. That's bias against cricket lovers
There doesn't seem to any live scorecard on Cricinfo either! CURSES!
Old November 28, 2006, 04:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

As far as I know, Falu is the MD of NTV and one of the Director of RTV, But I am not sure about this.

Old November 29, 2006, 03:49 PM
Club Cricketer

NTV ( from what I hear) trying to be as neutral as possible. RTV is somewhat a different story. As someone said in an earlier thread who is biased and who is not depends on where is your political affiliation.

Anyway, so far in the history of Bangladesh Awami League always enjoyed the support of majority of our media ( let it be TV ,like ekushey in 2001, newspapers ) . Things are changing a bit. Falu is one of those people spearheading that.

NTV, RTV, Daily Amar Desh is a good example of that. He is also re Publishing English Daily The Morning Sun. If I am not mistaken radio station in the plan too ( if not happened already).

And yes Falu is going to win the election.