facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 20, 2004, 02:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Test 1: Day 2 - Calculations

Interesting fact, all 5 wickets were taken by spinners. We do have a few of them including the part time ones like alok rajin or even ash. and the way pitch looks, batting at 4th innins will not be walk in the park.

so, we still might have some chance. As long as we can time them up at first innings within 275. does anyone knows how sticky is the NZ tail end?

but then, batting at 3rd innings will be harder than the first. how much can we expect from them on 3rd innings?

its all depends on rafique and rana now whether they will be able to give the batsman a 2nd chance or not.

Old October 20, 2004, 02:48 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
so, we still might have some chance.
Of course, we are still very much in business. Besides, broken pitch in the third innings is not a huge factor for us as much as it is for the Kiwis in the fourth. We grew up in those kind of pitches, remember?
Old October 20, 2004, 03:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Dhaka pitch won't break up. It will only get slower and slower. Rafiq will be less effective as the time pass as his main weapon is the faster arm ball. Remember the test against England? Bangladesh will struggle to go through NZ tail. This test is gone through the window unless offcourse our batsmen wake up all of a sudden and become haydens and Martins.

My only expectation from this test is a century from Nafees. i just hope he does not become a disappointment like Hannan and alok.
Old October 20, 2004, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

only if our batsmen do some excellent job and gave us some kind of 150-200 runs lead in the 2nd innings...then we have a ball game. Otherwise it will be same old story..loose by 8 wks.
Old October 20, 2004, 07:30 PM
Banned

Actually, the pitch may be crumbling after all. Both of Rana's wickets came from deliveries that were short, but the ball kept low. Short of length deliveries are obviously falling further away from the batsmen. The kiwis are expecting them to come in as juicy half vollys. However, the balls are coming in lower than expected, they are lowering the bat or repositioning their shots, then ending up nicking to Pilot or others nearby (Rajin's catch comes to mind). The pitch may be brittle or dry away from the popping crease.

If this is indeed the case, this should simply add to the difficulty for the NZ batsmen, since Rafique throws the arm ball considerably faster than his normal ones. This ball may act unexpectedly if pitched short. Regardless, I think that the unusual swing of the first hour will still be there tomorrow.
Old October 20, 2004, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

rafique is back to his best. I am quite sure he will clean rest of the mess before lunch. and also watch out for hannan agent he will make your mouth shut for rest of your life. I am expecting big one form either hannan or omar.:P
Old October 20, 2004, 08:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rassel
watch out for hannan agent he will make your mouth shut for rest of your life. .:P
Considering Hannan's confidence level it will be really hard for him to do big score. Instead he can drops couple catchs like what he did in the WI tour.
Old October 20, 2004, 09:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

rafique is out to show who is the boss in his mini-showdown with vettori...I quite like it Hope he gets a five-fer today very early and become the first ever Banladeshi Bowler to get 50 test wickets! Best of luck to him!
Old October 20, 2004, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Ibrahim
[Considering Hannan's confidence level it will be really hard for him to do big score. Instead he can drops couple catchs like what he did in the WI tour.

We are talking about his career. If he is a real fighter he won’t let that happen. He knows that one big score will secure his place in the starting XI for a while. Beside, you don’t any replacement for hannan for the next test or even for the ODI. So lets wait and see what he gat to offer in the second innings. We will take it from there.
Old October 20, 2004, 09:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

u know what russel, i've been bashing hannan for last two days more than anyone else. true. nevertheless, i'd be one of the happiest here if he can shut me up like u said.

i really hope he does that but really can't believe he will. i've already got ready for another duck from him.