facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 8, 2011, 08:25 AM
Club Cricketer

shafiqur rahman munna is the lone source of Kaler Kantha's propaganda against Shakib Al Hasan.
They target shakib to strip off his captaincy, create a new rule to stop writing in the news paper,
and finally to stop playing in England or India. These are the goals of Kaler Kantha and co.
I concluded these after reading their titles in the sports page.
They are working hard to achieve these goals. Last two months their all reports are oriented
for these dirty objectives.

Old September 8, 2011, 08:31 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...56815&toppos=1

Things are just getting ugly...
Old September 8, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...56815&toppos=1

Things are just getting ugly...
Law don't recall .... Sakib don't recall... but some how Munna witnesed that some players misbehaved with Law.

Its obvious who is lying.

Why Munna is lying? For the good of Bangladesh cricket or he had his own agenda?

More future problem.... who was leaking confidential information to the media (true or false)? Munna or Bashar? Will they be back in the locker room again? I see more problem for future captain and the team unless this mole is removed.
Old September 8, 2011, 08:59 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Law says Shakib had players' support

Mohammad Isam
September 8, 2011
Comments: 3 | Login via | Text size: A | A

Stuart Law's first tour in charge of Bangladesh was disappointing © BCB
Enlarge

Related Links
Analysis : Shakib's sacking raises questions

News : Shakib 'surprised but not shocked'

News : Shakib and Tamim stripped of leadership roles

Players/Officials: Stuart Law | Shakib Al Hasan
Teams: Bangladesh

Stuart Law, the Bangladesh coach, has said he was surprised by the removal of Shakib Al Hasan as Bangladesh captain. Law, who joined the team in late July, has had a tumultuous start to his tenure with Bangladesh losing the one-off Test and the ODI series in Zimbabwe last month. Law said he was not consulted about the decision to sack Shakib and vice-captain Tamim Iqbal and that it had been taken not just based on the on-field performance of the team in Zimbabwe.

"It was a surprise," he said. "The cricket board has made a decision so we have got to run with it. I was not [consulted] but I was on leave, so I was not contactable at the time. The board has made a decision not just based on events in Zimbabwe but, from what I understand, some other ongoing situations."

The BCB had said there had been reports of indiscipline surrounding Shakib and Tamim which had been part of the reason for their removal. Shakib had always had an uneasy relationship with the board and selectors, having initially refused the captaincy and later questioned team selection more than once. Law, however, said Shakib and Tamim had the support of their team-mates. "I've observed that the Bangladesh dressing-room is no different than any other I've been involved in. Captain and vice-captain are basically the leaders of the group. They have the respect of the players and they dish out their respect as well.

"What you guys have been told and what is being reported is far from the truth about what's going on inside the dressing room. From what I've seen, they are a very disciplined bunch of boys. They enjoy a good time and they're allowed to. We're dealing with very young men in that dressing room and they should be given their chance to grow up."

Law also said the performance in Zimbabwe did have positives, since Bangladesh won the last two ODIs, and previously uncapped players Nasir Hossain and Shuvagoto Hom both impressed.

"While we didn't perform well in Zimbabwe, it steadily improved. We unearthed two youngsters who came in and did a great job. There's a lot of positive things that came out. The feeling has definitely been good."

Bangladesh have not named a new captain yet, and Law believes it could be any one of "six people". He said whoever the captain was would have the full support of the team and would find having Shakiba around to be an advantage. "Cricket teams run themselves. It is the captain who makes the decisions but very rarely will he make it by himself. He'll consult his players out there. It is great to have a guy like Shakib in your locker for advice in the field. That's going to be a positive."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/531598.html
Old September 8, 2011, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

"Shakib had players Support"-STUWART LAW
This is just a spark in an oilmeal

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 8, 2011, 09:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I don't know what is going on here. Things are getting more messy. Buckle yourself up for more drama and more poor performance.
Old September 8, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Nafees for captain. That's all i want to say
Old September 8, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ei chokkorer pichhone ghurte ghurte amar mathatao chokkor ditese!
Old September 8, 2011, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Nafees for captain. That's all i want to say
The more I see your posts, the more I think you are Mr Nafees yourself.
(if not you are his girl friend in disguise or boy friend who knows)
Old September 8, 2011, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
জানা যায়, প্রথম টেস্টের আগে মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলকে দলে ঢোকা নিয়ে অধিনায়কের সাথে কোচ, নির্বাচক এবং হেড অব ডেলিগেটেডের সাথে বাকবিতন্ডা লাগে। বিশ্বস্ত সূত্র জানায়, অধিনায়ক সাকিব ও তামিম আশরাফুলকে টেস্টে না খেলানোর ব্যাপারে একমত ছিলেন। এমনকি অধিনায়ক নিজের তৈরি একটি দলও ঠিক করে রেখেছিলেন। পরে বোর্ড পরিচালকদের সহায়তায় এবং প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরাম খানের হস্তক্ষেপের কারণে আশরাফুল টেস্ট দলে অন্তর্ভুক্তি হয়। বিস্ময়কর ব্যাপার হচ্ছে, টেস্টে একমাত্র সফল পারফর্মার আশরাফুলই।
Quote:
 টেস্টের একাদশে আশরাফুলের অন্তর্ভুক্তির বিষয়ে অধিনায়ক, সহ-অধিনায়কের বিরোধিতা নিয়ে বক্তব্য
সাকিব: এটা অনেক বড় ইস্যু। কারণ, একাদশ নির্বাচন নিয়ে আমরা চারজন মিলে মিটিং করেছিলাম সেদিন এবং এই চারজনের মধ্য থেকেই কেউ সেটা ফাঁস করেছে। এখন যিনি এটা করেছেন, আমি তো বলব তিনিই মূল অপরাধী। ওখানে সবাই সবার মতামত দিচ্ছিল। সেরা দল নির্বাচনের জন্যই চলছিল আলোচনাটা। যে সেটা বাইরে বলে দিয়েছে, অপরাধী তো সে-ই!
Why are BCB official's so concerned with Shakib and Tamim's opinion on Ashraful? As if planning to keep Ashraful out of the squad is a crime? As if Ashraful had some superb performance under his belt to earn a spot in the playing 11 for the Zim test. What a bunch of BS. If the captain shouldn't have a list of players ready for playing 11 than who should? It was a meeting they were discussing, what's so wrong with having a difference in opinion
Old September 8, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Why are BCB official's so concerned with Shakib and Tamim's opinion on Ashraful? As if planning to keep Ashraful out of the squad is a crime? As if Ashraful had some superb performance under his belt to earn a spot in the playing 11 for the Zim test. What a bunch of BS. If the captain shouldn't have a list of players ready for playing 11 than who should? It was a meeting they were discussing, what's so wrong with having a difference in opinion
Plus who leaked that in the media? How can be good for the team?
Old September 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

its funny how when players speaks to defend themselves its a violation of code of conduct but BCB officials can divulge information even from the inner most meetings to the reporters.
Old September 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

ICC should ban our cricket until we clean up some bad viruses from our system.
Old September 8, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
I support this idea
Old September 8, 2011, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I support this idea
dont wish for it..It will take years to lift the ban...
Old September 8, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

onekei Sakib ke galmondo korchilo,
but I always said he is sacked only because of his bad relation with senior crcktrs and board.
As a team man or leader u can't expect him to be a humble guy(all the time) as he is leading a group of unprofessional & gadha type players.
Old September 8, 2011, 11:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Bunch of ex-captains, ex-cricketers , some unscrupulous board members and few dishonest journalists were jealous of Shakib's unprecedented achievements in the cricket world ( Best allrounder, wisden cricketer of the year, county cricket, IPL). With Shakib's XI , we have beaten WI, ZIMB., NZ.( Ashraful,SN were not included), so whats wrong with captaincy ? Stuart Lowe just mentioned that there were no internal conflicts in the team during Zimb. tour. Shakib and Tamim are victims of conspiracy!! By joining rebel ICL , Bashar and SN acted as a TRAITOR ! How come Bashar is a selector and SN is in the team !! This is reward of traitoship !!
Old September 8, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Bunch of ex-captains, ex-cricketers , some unscrupulous board members and few dishonest journalists were jealous of Shakib's unprecedented achievements in the cricket world ( Best allrounder, wisden cricketer of the year, county cricket, IPL). With Shakib's XI , we have beaten WI, ZIMB., NZ.( Ashraful,SN were not included), so whats wrong with captaincy ? Stuart Lowe just mentioned that there were no internal conflicts in the team during Zimb. tour. Shakib and Tamim are victims of conspiracy!! By joining rebel ICL , Bashar and SN acted as a TRAITOR ! How come Bashar is a selector and SN is in the team !! This is reward of traitoship !!
agree with you!
Eventhough I'm with Sakib but I do believe that Sakib is arrogant or proudy, he could have been a bit more diplomatic.
But all these shouldn't mater that much, what matters is his leadership & performance.
Unfortunately in our country more than performance/skill/talent it's more about the tel malish,or senior /junior relation,blood relation(look at our politicians), liaison with officials ( Ash mastered on that) are important.
Old September 8, 2011, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
agree with you!
Eventhough I'm with Sakib but I do believe that Sakib is arrogant or proudy, he could have been a bit more diplomatic.
But all these shouldn't mater that much, what matters is his leadership & performance.
Unfortunately in our country more than performance/skill/talent it's more about the tel malish,or senior /junior relation,blood relation(look at our politicians), liaison with officials ( Ash mastered on that) are important.
bai, bohudin por amder choritro mafik duita khati kotha koisen, ami apnar sathe 100% ek moth !!
Old September 8, 2011, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
agree with you!
Bhai,
" JEI GORU DUDH DEY , TAR LATHI KHAWA'O VALO"
We need a " PERFORMER CAPTAIN " not a CHAMCHA LIKE ' FOOL'
Old September 8, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
bai, bohudin por amder choritro mafik duita khati kotha koisen, ami apnar sathe 100% ek moth !!

Quote:
Bhai,
" JEI GORU DUDH DEY , TAR LATHI KHAWA'O VALO"
We need a " PERFORMER CAPTAIN " not a CHAMCHA LIKE ' FOOL'
And I'm sure that Mushy will be a better captain than Sakib according to BCB & former cricketers even if he doesn't perform.
Old September 8, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Not only that, I think its also terribly short sighted for BCB to appoint Bashar as a selector ( only one traveling with the team to Zim as well ) so shortly removed from being a player himself. Its really unprecedented. There should be a minimum of at least five years being removed from playing before someone can be considered eligible as a selector. Its only natural for him to have personal feelings ( ill feelings ) towards a member he played with and he shouldn't have been made a selector this soon. BCB is run by short sighted people who knows nothing about cricket.You cannot find me one team in the world where one of their selector is also a contemporary of the playing squad. He also played under Ashraful when he was the captain! You can't find me another case like that. Anway..not blaming Bashar for what transpired here, but just citing him as an example of BCB's idiotic moves..

I am very much against the move to remove Sakib. Now, we have to move on..
Old September 8, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Plus who leaked that in the media? How can be good for the team?
It can't be good for the team.
Old September 8, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

who were the fantastic 4 in the meeting?
Sak,Tamim,Law.???
Old September 8, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
who were the fantastic 4 in the meeting?
Sak,Tamim,Law.???
HaBa...