facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old April 17, 2005, 09:29 PM
BC Editorial Team

In general though, and putting my moderator hat on here - we really must , MUST desist from making nationality or race oriented comments such as "u are just a typical Paki" or "you are an Indian dalal". Asides from being disrespectful to other people, it also lowers us to the level of those who dismiss BD because of ethnic reasons. If you have a valid argument, then you shouldn't be resorting to name calling.

I have seen way too much jingoism lately. Let's all behave.

Ok, now moderator hat off. Does it really matter what Waqar said or didn't say? Results are all that matter. When we put up - they will shut up. As a group, we better tighten our belts for the avalanche of anti-BD drivel that we are likely to hear from the British media in the coming month. You know it's gonna happen - shudushudi Rogaine er bebsha baraya labh nei

Old April 17, 2005, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I saw the whole match....Yeah...It was mentioned that playing Australia before any tour makes a huge difference and it was also mentioned that Pakistan came into India following their Australia tour while India came into the series playing Bangladesh which might have made a difference...What Waqar doesn't know is that The Indians got mauled by Ash in the tests which dented their confidence and got thrashed in the 2nd ODI which got rid of any self belief they had.....So...heck yeah...it sure did make a difference....
Old April 17, 2005, 10:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Does anyone has the FULL CONFIDENCE to say exactly what Waqar, the most stupid commentator, commented?????????????????????????

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 3:54 AM GMT, by razabq.
Old April 17, 2005, 10:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Who cares what he said. Why are we so sentimental about these things.
Old April 17, 2005, 10:50 PM
Club Cricketer

ofcourse we have ...."Atahar Ali Khan" alrighty now mr.sultan ya got the answer . And that guy was allrounder not like waqar only a bowler haha .
Old April 17, 2005, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

**** waqar.....or any such idiot.....

there r many stupid making such non sense comments all the time. Why do we even care.....?

A brainless comment, trash it.
Old April 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AGC
Who cares what he said. Why are we so sentimental about these things.
APNI NA AKTA BANGAL, AHAMOK JAKE BOLE!!!!

NOW U TELL ME IF U CARED WHAT I HAVE SAID?????
SENTIMENTE KI LAGSE?????
Old April 17, 2005, 10:59 PM
Administrator

I am closing this thread.
Old April 17, 2005, 11:01 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Does anyone has the FULL CONFIDENCE to say exactly what Waqar, the most stupid commentator, commented?
I think I can. And i thnk that Waqar was talking more on the neutral perspective, even more neutral perspective than Wasim Akram usually does.

Anyway, this is what he said:

Question asked by Ravi Shastri (not Sanjay Manjrekar) Why is India performing so badly now and Pakistan playing so well?

Answered by Waqar: Could it be that Pakistan playing well because they had just played a series against Australia in Australia and compared to that, India have played against Bangladesh; and during the last series when Pakistan and India played, it was the other way around, that is, India had played Australia and then came to beat Pakistan and Pakistan had played against Bangladesh.

This is what he said as far as I know. See, there is nothing biased said against Bangladesh.

What Waqar Younis failed to mention is that Pakistan had to work very hard to win all the matches against us and that India were actually beaten (by us) in one ODI. I think this had influenced what Ravi Shastri had said in reply - as somebody already mentioned that he was embarassed; and said, "both Pakistan and India have learnt something by playing Bangladesh".
Closed Thread