facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 14, 2013, 10:35 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
where are the thread

FORMAT ur bowlers
FORMAT ur fielders
FORMAT ur wicketkeepers
FORMAT ur captain
FORMAT ur selectors
FORMAT ur Coaches and Stuffs
C:\> format selectors
selectors can not be found
C:\>

Old May 14, 2013, 06:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
C:\> format selectors
selectors can not be found
C:\>
super like

also another format required

C:\> format supporters_mentality
memory out of bound
Old May 24, 2013, 12:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Format your batsman.

Ashraful for all format.
Old May 24, 2013, 05:31 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Format your batsman.

Ashraful for all format.
Ashraful has been formatted. Hard drive is empty now...
Old June 7, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

1. Tamim
2. Nafees
3. Kayes
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Nasir
7. Mahmudullah
8. Rubel
9. Razzak
10. Gazi
11. Robiul/ Abul/ Mashrafe (according to format)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

যেই লাউ, সেই কদু
Old June 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

No one likes Rokibul.
Old June 15, 2013, 10:49 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Ashraful has been formatted. Hard drive is empty now...
Nah nah. It is a BIOS virus. Nothing works, NOTHING!
Old June 15, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
No one likes Rokibul.
he doesn't deserve to be mentioned, barely ever performs domestically nowadays.
Old June 15, 2013, 11:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
he doesn't deserve to be mentioned, barely ever performs domestically nowadays.
Not true actually. Last year he had a good DPL season. And then in the BCL, he was the 10th highest scorer and he played 1 less match compared to some of the guys that were ahead of him. I wouldn't count him out and that goes for many of our players still since they still have time on their side.
Old June 15, 2013, 11:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Not true actually. Last year he had a good DPL season. And then in the BCL, he was the 10th highest scorer and he played 1 less match compared to some of the guys that were ahead of him. I wouldn't count him out and that goes for many of our players still since they still have time on their side.
let him do it for more than a season, he used to have an FC average close to 60 (certainly got to at least 57) and now it''s 31. that sort of drop doesn't happen without some truly terrible performances for an extended period. plus international bowlers are very different to domestic bowlers.
Old June 16, 2013, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
No one likes Rokibul.
Or Imrul
Old June 16, 2013, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
let him do it for more than a season, he used to have an FC average close to 60 (certainly got to at least 57) and now it''s 31. that sort of drop doesn't happen without some truly terrible performances for an extended period. plus international bowlers are very different to domestic bowlers.
That's more due to the fact that he had the 313* early in his career so that 60 average was inflated. Main reason his FC stats took such a dive was because of his really poor scores in Tests because his domestic FC average is 41.04. So he's been alright in domestics.

I agree though, he still has more work to do before he gets considered again for the national team. A good DPL season and a good A team tour will be crucial for him.
Old June 16, 2013, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
That's more due to the fact that he had the 313* early in his career so that 60 average was inflated. Main reason his FC stats took such a dive was because of his really poor scores in Tests because his domestic FC average is 41.04. So he's been alright in domestics.

I agree though, he still has more work to do before he gets considered again for the national team. A good DPL season and a good A team tour will be crucial for him.
despite 313* being a bit of an outlier the fact is he got that score, he maintained an average of over 50 for awhile and then when he came into the test team he was horrible. when he first started playing ODIs he was doing well, then there was a noticeable drop in performance and since then he's struggled with his international chances and struggled to be consistent domestically.

fair enough a domestic FC average of 41 is pretty solid but he was tested internationally and couldn't handle it. i'm not counting him out completely but he's going to have to bring greater consistency domestically from him to win me back over. afterall, he was very consistent domestically when selected for the national team and he wasn't able to handle it so what's to say he's improved at all? he's was probably performing a bit better domestically back then so if anything he's still a bit behind what he even was when first selected (and that didn't go well - overall).
Old June 17, 2013, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
despite 313* being a bit of an outlier the fact is he got that score, he maintained an average of over 50 for awhile and then when he came into the test team he was horrible. when he first started playing ODIs he was doing well, then there was a noticeable drop in performance and since then he's struggled with his international chances and struggled to be consistent domestically.

fair enough a domestic FC average of 41 is pretty solid but he was tested internationally and couldn't handle it. i'm not counting him out completely but he's going to have to bring greater consistency domestically from him to win me back over. afterall, he was very consistent domestically when selected for the national team and he wasn't able to handle it so what's to say he's improved at all? he's was probably performing a bit better domestically back then so if anything he's still a bit behind what he even was when first selected (and that didn't go well - overall).
Ya he's been a peculiar player. Actually I remember him being you favorite player at one point Gowza. Or I could be wrong. When he first came in, he looked so technically solid. I don't know if people remembered but I thought he was more impressive from a technique stand point compared to the likes of Anamul and Mominul. He played with a great deal of confidence despite being very young at the time.

Like I've said many times, the drop started after the injury he sustained in Australia. Before that, he already had 3 fifties in 11 matches against the G8 in ODIs. Since then, he's only had 1 fifty in his last 23 matches against the G8 which showed how much he really took a drop.

After that injury, the confidence seemed to have gone all of a sudden and then went in to a shell too much. Then of course the retirement happened and then he came back and that was the worst batting I've seen from Raqibul.

The good thing is that unlike Nazimuddin and Tushar Imran, he actually showed he could bat well at this level. He definitely has the ability. It's a question of confidence and maturity.

Coach Ian Pont did recently say that Raqibul was one of his favorites because of him being a great teammate and having a great work ethic. He also worked with him and he ended up doing very well in the BCL final. So I'm interested to see if he can carry that on or not in the DPL and eventually the A team
Old June 17, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ya he's been a peculiar player. Actually I remember him being you favorite player at one point Gowza. Or I could be wrong. When he first came in, he looked so technically solid. I don't know if people remembered but I thought he was more impressive from a technique stand point compared to the likes of Anamul and Mominul. He played with a great deal of confidence despite being very young at the time.

Like I've said many times, the drop started after the injury he sustained in Australia. Before that, he already had 3 fifties in 11 matches against the G8 in ODIs. Since then, he's only had 1 fifty in his last 23 matches against the G8 which showed how much he really took a drop.

After that injury, the confidence seemed to have gone all of a sudden and then went in to a shell too much. Then of course the retirement happened and then he came back and that was the worst batting I've seen from Raqibul.

The good thing is that unlike Nazimuddin and Tushar Imran, he actually showed he could bat well at this level. He definitely has the ability. It's a question of confidence and maturity.

Coach Ian Pont did recently say that Raqibul was one of his favorites because of him being a great teammate and having a great work ethic. He also worked with him and he ended up doing very well in the BCL final. So I'm interested to see if he can carry that on or not in the DPL and eventually the A team
Good memory he was my fav player at one point, and agree he did look good but then he lost it. As far as injury being the cause that's possible, happened to aftab ( aftab wasn't as consistent but still it happened to him also).

Last edited by Gowza; June 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old June 17, 2013, 09:53 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Rockibul gave us all the illusion of being technically solid by blocking full tosses to perfection. Until he started getting bowled to pace bowling, we all thought at the very least he could block. He is a good batsman to have for fans who likes multi tasking. You could easily go off during the match while he is batting to do some other things and not miss any of the action.
Old June 17, 2013, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Rockibul gave us all the illusion of being technically solid by blocking full tosses to perfection. Until he started getting bowled to pace bowling, we all thought at the very least he could block. He is a good batsman to have for fans who likes multi tasking. You could easily go off during the match while he is batting to do some other things and not miss any of the action.
yeah and this is why the selectors need to scout and watch the players. raqibul might be beginning to perform better again domestically, but it's very clear that players can have glaring holes in their game (holes that would be found out at the international level) and still perform quite well. take nazimuddin for example, he's been scoring FC domestic runs consistently for how long? he got a t20 debut, did really well for a couple of matches then it was all downhill from their and the only upward curve from their was that half century in the couple of tests he's played which if you look at his international career in entirety seems to been an outlier rather than him actually having worked on his game and improved it.

it's happened many times before with ashraful, it happened with nazimuddin and junaid not that long ago, guys that have got recalls to the national team but haven't improved their games one bit.

if raqibul is to be recalled i want it to be a better version of raqibul not the same one (or worse).

Last edited by Gowza; June 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM..
Old June 17, 2013, 11:10 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Dinesh Karthik gives me confidence. Dinesh used to be a crap player and suddenly seems to have transformed into a good batsman. Hopefully Roqibul can do the same this time
Old June 18, 2013, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful can blame himself for his own dismissals. As a friend once told me Ash is one of the most giftest strikers of the cricket ball in world cricket but makes the worst shot selections in history. That started to change in the Sri Lanka tour. Once again he shot himself in the foot because he decided to swim in a pool full of taka and paisa. He has himself to blame.
Old June 18, 2013, 04:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I dream of the day when Kayes, Naeem, Roqibul and Ryad will be our top 4 in limited overs cricket. I think regular HD TVs won't do their shots justice... we must all order 4k tv on that special occasion
Old June 18, 2013, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I dream of the day when Kayes will be our top 4 in limited overs cricket. I think regular HD TVs won't do their shots justice... we must all order 4k tv on that special occasion
eita onik agey korsilam.