facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 12, 2003, 07:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default India Massacred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australia 347/2 (50.0 ov).

Old November 12, 2003, 08:04 AM
Retired BC Admin

It's torture!
Old November 12, 2003, 11:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

India 217/4 36 overs

this is anybody's game now
Old November 12, 2003, 01:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

No way........... India lost the match when AUS scored that huge total.
Old November 12, 2003, 01:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

I am not too bothered about the result. When the two teams have strong batting lineups, average bowlers and the match is played on flat wickets, this is bound to happen.

If India batted first, I would expected totals in the 270-300 range. Chasing such totals is far different from setting them.
Old November 12, 2003, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

No India were not massacred. They played well to meet the tough total. And it was an awesome Aussie 11 they had to face.
Sachin,Dravid and Ganguly had double figures. If one of them stayed put it could have been close.
I still think a India-Australia final is on.
Old November 12, 2003, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Australia were without their three best fast bowlers.

I would love to hear those who claimed the world cup final was India's off-day etc.
Australia are head and shoulders above India or any other team for that matter
Old November 12, 2003, 09:14 PM
Club Cricketer

========
I would love to hear those who claimed the world cup final was India's off-day etc. Australia are head and shoulders above India or any other team for that matter============

And Which idiot would even say India and Aus are matched? Aussies are obviously above any other team at the moment.
As a aside though Tintin is right in the sense that it is such a wicket where if India had batted first 300 would have been put up as well. chasing then wud have been difficult even for the Aussies.

Now the crucial match is on sat night vs New Zealand.

Well anyway, enough of this one day natak, some good solid Test cricket is what is needed. And it is going on at Zimbabwe. Meanwhile Lara is set to break ViV' record of highest no of Test runs for a West Indian, just 29 short of Viv Richards' 8,540.

For those interested in hearing commentary to that match and to that wonderful little moment, you can click
http://www.radioaxa.com/index2.html

and click the listen button there. Check ur local timings!
Old November 13, 2003, 01:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cricketislife!
========
I would love to hear those who claimed the world cup final was India's off-day etc. Australia are head and shoulders above India or any other team for that matter============

And Which idiot would even say India and Aus are matched? Aussies are obviously above any other team at the moment.
As a aside though Tintin is right in the sense that it is such a wicket where if India had batted first 300 would have been put up as well. chasing then wud have been difficult even for the Aussies.

Now the crucial match is on sat night vs New Zealand.

Well anyway, enough of this one day natak, some good solid Test cricket is what is needed. And it is going on at Zimbabwe. Meanwhile Lara is set to break ViV' record of highest no of Test runs for a West Indian, just 29 short of Viv Richards' 8,540.

For those interested in hearing commentary to that match and to that wonderful little moment, you can click
http://www.radioaxa.com/index2.html

and click the listen button there. Check ur local timings!
The scored between 270 and 300 is achievable. Even India good have got that score if the score was betn that margin. But 347 is tooo much....not for india but for every team......

Scoring 7+ runs per over from the 1st over to the last is not an easy task.

The total australian team have dominated the total game from first ball.
Old November 13, 2003, 02:25 AM
Retired BC Admin

I might very well be wrong but I think the game was more of a mental battle than anything else. Australia went into the game with an approach what they belovedly call mental disintegration to demoralise the opponent perhaps to a point of no return for the final. India, on the other hand took a more modest pshcologic approach to begin with for a game weighting not much statistical advantage for the tournament and suddenly find itself forced to flex muscles to make it's presence felt. Well good cricketting nonetheless and both teams deserve credit for a remarkable showdown.
Old November 13, 2003, 10:12 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Nasif, I think you missed Tintin's point - what he meant is that if India batted first and put on 270-300, it would have been harder for Australia to get there (they could have - without a doubt) as they would then a chasing a total. It's sometimes harder to chase a total as there is extra pressure.

When is Lee and Gillespie returning ? The way India batted, they are favorites over NZ to make it to the final.