facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Suck what?

Old February 10, 2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Inferiority complex.
Old February 10, 2010, 10:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: KP, Gibbs

Bangladesh is a disgrace to world cricket.

There should be only eight test teams in the world (Bangladesh,Ireland and Zimbabwe are not good enough). I say ICC should take away our ODI status as well so we can concentrate on Kabaddi or gilly-danda.
Old February 10, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The average middle/lower middle/upper middle class Bangladeshi person's daily routine:

1. Wake up in the morning feeling not at all like P.D.
2. 5ta ruti, ek kaap chaa
3. Crawl to work an hour or two late
4. Shingara, adda, chaa @ 1100 hrs
5. Leave work an hour or two early
6. Late lunch @ 1500 hrs, menu: 3 plate bhaat + side(s) (gorur mangsho hoile kothai nai)
7. Afternoon nap, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places
8. Evening snack - bulky items such as chotpotti, samosas, boot, etc.
9. Late dinner @ 0000 hrs - same as lunch
10. Go to bed right after, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places

Result: Huge belly at 22 for men, after marriage for women.
That lifestyle and dietary regimens are perfectly suited for the sports that we excel at :

Ludu
Karrom
Tash
Old February 10, 2010, 01:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
It's simple, you can't teach someone to read and write by enrolling them in a PhD, they have to start with Kindergarten first.

We really have to build up our domestic infrastructure first, there's no shortcut.

Caps,

Abosolutely spot on.

I think we need to start a campaign first on Banglacricket then using the print media to resume the work that Macky Dudhia started.

for example, where is Bankers Trophy?The idea was for each divisional team to be franchised by a bank.
Old February 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Zee,

The answer to your question is very straight-forward if not simple! As long as our whole society's (or at least a major chunk of it) mentality, governmental way of business, habit of corruption, lack of moral/ethics, and the implement of REAL education (read: true education) do not happen, we shall continue to suck at cricket, football, Field Hockey and even in Kabadi and Hadoodoo! As well as our port, roads, infrastructure, flood control, food shortage, bad urban planning, all of it, everything!
Old February 10, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Nightmare 2010 years...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Why do we suck? Because it is the most primitive from of instinct we humans have. We do it the day we are born. Difference is that we (Bangladeshis) do not grow up and stop sucking. The kamikaze tendencies of our batsmen are one of the side effects of this prolonged adolescence. Another is that we never admit that we are lacking in capabilties. Instead we proclaim that we have a boat load of talents but somehow we fail due to mental reasons. We have yet to realize that a honest self-assesment is the first step towards adulthood and self-improvement. We have collectively failed to take that step.

Last edited by LateCut; February 10, 2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old February 10, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Because we are too young to chew...
Old February 10, 2010, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

We suck. :sniff: Please let me die in solitude.

Old February 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

its because we cant win any tosses.
and when we do, our captain choses the wrong decision!!
simples
Old February 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The average middle/lower middle/upper middle class Bangladeshi person's daily routine:

1. Wake up in the morning feeling not at all like P.D.
2. 5ta ruti, ek kaap chaa
3. Crawl to work an hour or two late
4. Shingara, adda, chaa @ 1100 hrs
5. Leave work an hour or two early
6. Late lunch @ 1500 hrs, menu: 3 plate bhaat + side(s) (gorur mangsho hoile kothai nai)
7. Afternoon nap, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places
8. Evening snack - bulky items such as chotpotti, samosas, boot, etc.
9. Late dinner @ 0000 hrs - same as lunch
10. Go to bed right after, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places

Result: Huge belly at 22 for men, after marriage for women.
Grrreat...
Old February 11, 2010, 03:35 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is true for all FBCDs.
Not true, In the last seven months I've been to BD twice for a week each time. I've had enough experience of that lifestyle to last me a lifetime.

Oh and we suck because we have inferiority complexes. G8 der shamne kaapa kapi kori. That's why we are an entire team of minnow bashers. And because our inferiority complexes lead to a reciprocal superiority complex with teams who we are supposedly better than, we tend to get overconfident and thus lose at times.

Last edited by mona; February 11, 2010 at 03:40 AM..
Old February 11, 2010, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Not true, In the last seven months I've been to BD twice for a week each time. I've had enough experience of that lifestyle to last me a lifetime.

Oh and we suck because we have inferiority complexes. G8 der shamne kaapa kapi kori. That's why we are an entire team of minnow bashers. And because our inferiority complexes lead to a reciprocal superiority complex with teams who we are supposedly better than, we tend to get overconfident and thus lose at times.
eita ki frued 201? Eto komplex kotha buzlam na.. Aar 7 months e duibar bd te jawa maane ki buzzi.. congratulation....

anyways what is FBCDs?

Asif khubi shundor post korcho.. khubi like korchi ami... ekhon amar golpo boli..

so I go to bangladesh after 15 years.... and my kajer bua looks maad old yo. Dude her daughter has 7 kids already and she is only 25. All those 7 kids work (read sleep eat and poop for free) in my house!! We hired them with a family plan...

THe other day my kajer bua made shrimp... by the time I got home from shopping, all those chingri maach were gone... 7 kids shob khaiya felche....amar ki kora uchit ekhon?

and I thikn that's why we suck... we have no dicipline!! Arek jon er khabar churi kora amader obbhash.

disclaimer: if the above post made no sense then you are a sane person but if it made even a little sense to you then please consult a psychitrist ASAP!
Old February 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Coz we are gayyy!!
Old February 11, 2010, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Coz we are gayyy!!
Well I understand that gay people "Suck". Why would they not?

But to think someone sucks because of their gayish nature implies that person would not suck had he not been a gay. And that's where I disagree. I think someone who sucks would suck regardless of his orientation, only the person would be sucking different things.
Old February 11, 2010, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
It's simple, you can't teach someone to read and write by enrolling them in a PhD, they have to start with Kindergarten first.

We really have to build up our domestic infrastructure first, there's no shortcut.
Exactly! During the match, the commentators had this to say:

Their domestic cricket sucks,worst among the four test countries, and they feel that these young players only get exposure by playing international cricket and that is the reason they fail, as they say- the players cannot find form and skills in playing international cricket, it has to be done at home in many tournaments , and it is due to the lack of this that they find the pressure of international cricket too much for them to handle.
They dont know how to put it together, because the players are too young to be thrown into the international arena, should play until they are minimum 24 years old. They are without a doubt the youngest test playing team playing at the moment and not nurtured properly. The pressure of always performing are taking its toll and no one seem to care.
Also mentioned that how long the BCB does not improve the domestic set up, BD cricket will always be at a standstill or take a step backwards, but not forward, and they are so right. Maybe, before fans here criticize the players so harshly, just some facts for you to consider. NZ commentators want BD to succeed, they sympathize, they have potential, but not nurtured and trained properly. They also mentioned that a lot of pressure is placed by the nation on these cricketers to perform like G8 countries and they just cannot do it.
Old February 11, 2010, 10:18 PM
Test Cricketer

We are making progress, although slowly. Now we have an opener in Tamim, an allrounder in Shakib, and hopefully we will have a reliable batsmen in the middle. Mushfiqur, Naeem and Mahmudullah are better prepared than their previous generation. So, do not give up the hope.
Old February 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Well, when the top order does OK, then the middle order flops, when the top order flops, then the middle order comes to the rescue, I will be happy when one day each batsman from No1 to No7 contributes with the bat. A few will score more than others, but on the average if each one contributes thay can then begin to make more than 250 runs in ODI.
Old February 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Because we suck as a Nation.
Old February 12, 2010, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

We suck because of the horrible domestic cricket structure BCB organized as stated previously by others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalek
I say ICC should take away our ODI status as well so we can concentrate on Kabaddi or gilly-danda.
Umm no. What is gilly-danda anyways ? Cricket is the only internationally recognized sport in which our country actually challenges the top teams, quitting on cricket now would be stupid. Patience is what we need. Remember that while we try to improve our players, the other nations are also working hard to improve theirs. Right now, the only way our players can win a match against good teams is if they underestimate us and we play our hardest, but oneday I know we will win no matter how hard other teams try, teams like australia will pray for us to screw up just so they can win.
Old February 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
We suck because of the horrible domestic cricket structure BCB organized as stated previously by others.

Umm no. What is gilly-danda anyways ? Cricket is the only internationally recognized sport in which our country actually challenges the top teams, quitting on cricket now would be stupid. .
Are you serious?
Old February 12, 2010, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

loool...so true
we suck because we have no respect for ourselves
Old February 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

We suck because we suck.
Old February 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Are you serious?
Yea, I am. If we didn't challenge the big teams then our test status would be long gone by now. We might not be able to win everything, but we do manage to give a scare to the g8 nations sometimes.