facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 31, 2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

we will have a 1 hour change in time in USA. does that mean next 2 ODIs will be starting at 2:30 am est?

Old October 31, 2009, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
so why is the stadium name changed from shahid ruhul amin to ZAC? is it because RA was aligned with the BNP and ZAC is some AL stooge???
bujen e tho vai, tahole prosno koren ken. AL-BNP khomotai ele eder prothom kaj e hoy nam change kora

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 31, 2009, 10:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

:auntuflag:

Old October 31, 2009, 11:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
so why is the stadium name changed from shahid ruhul amin to ZAC? is it because RA was aligned with the BNP and ZAC is some AL stooge???
Actually the original name was ZACS but when BNP came in, they changed it to Ruhul Amin Stadium. And then When AL came in, they changed it to the original one again.
Old October 31, 2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
we will have a 1 hour change in time in USA. does that mean next 2 ODIs will be starting at 2:30 am est?
The 4th ODI is not a day/night match! It starts at 10:30 AM local BD time.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvzim09/...es/422622.html

and, Rashed, please stream the last 2 ODI on USTREAm for us
Much thanks.
Old October 31, 2009, 11:34 PM

Batting frustrates Shakib Al Hasan
Cricinfo staff
October 31, 2009
Text size: A | A

Tamim Iqbal made 80, but his captain wanted more © Bangladesh Cricket Board

Related Links
Bulletin : Bangladesh coast to 2-1 series lead

News : Tamim Iqbal vows improved show

Players/Officials: Shakib Al Hasan | Tamim Iqbal
Matches: Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Dhaka (SBNS)
Series/Tournaments: Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh
Teams: Bangladesh | Zimbabwe

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan has termed as "unacceptable" the host's four-wicket, series-leading victory over Zimbabwe. From 175 for 2 chasing 197 - boosted by timely half-centuries by Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Ashraful - Bangladesh lost four wickets in 49 balls before eventually winning in the 41st over.
"I did not want to come out in the middle to bat after the way Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Ashraful had dictated terms, but unfortunately none could finish the job which was really frustrating," said Shakib.
Tamim, who before the game had vowed to answer his captain's call for a more responsible top-order effort, was on 80 when he danced out and missed the ball. Ashraful, who finally found form with 63, fell to a terrible shot outside the off stump. Those two wickets were followed by a middle-order wobble - Raqibul Hasan pulled a short ball out to a fielder in the deep - which left Shakib to come out and settle nerves, but he was clearly peeved at having to do so.
"In such a situation, one can expect to lose three or four wickets. But I should say six wickets is too much for comfort and this is unacceptable," he said. "Either Tamim or Ashraful should have stayed there till the end. We all should know how to finish things off when we got such a small target. I also don't understand why Rokibul played that pull shot at that time. These are very negative signs."
Tamim, named Man of the Match, felt the reverberations. "I'm really very disappointed that I could not satisfy my captain and there is a reason for him to be disappointed," he said. "I knew I had to prolong my innings when I got the start. I want to be a world-class batsman and for that I have to master the craft."

Last edited by kalpurush; October 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM..
Old November 1, 2009, 12:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Good thing I did not open a thread on this. I was about to actually. But this is very interesting and a very good thing coming from a performing captain! I very much like this!

It is well backed up, and these kind of words have been coming from us fans since ages and it always seemed like the players had no brains! Good to see a performing captain talking about these issues. All players should be accountable for what they are doing, and a decent word from Tamim as well. Shows that he actually cares.

Lets hope that every one of our players can play their role. Guys like Junaed, Ashraful and Naeem are coming under scrutiny nowadays. Others like Rock will come under the microscope once we play faster paced games. Lets hope they can all play their respective roles.

Best of luck BD!
Old November 1, 2009, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL, polapain jhari khaise. I like.
Old November 1, 2009, 02:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Let's hope we can carry on our momentum into this match. Our batsman should be looking to lift their game, especially our middle order. After losing 4 quick wickets after we were 2/175 isn't a very good sign, especially if we were set to chase down a total of 220+.

We should be looking to wrap up the series here, Inshallah. Best of luck to the team!
Old November 1, 2009, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

It's one day cricket. Wake me up when England shows up for the Tests.
Old November 1, 2009, 04:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Lets hope that every one of our players can play their role. Guys like Junaed, Ashraful and Naeem are coming under scrutiny nowadays. Others like Rock will come under the microscope once we play faster paced games. Lets hope they can all play their respective roles.

Best of luck BD!
naeem wasn't one of the batsmen that got out; and didn't even bat in the last game so lets not complain about him
Old November 1, 2009, 05:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
naeem wasn't one of the batsmen that got out; and didn't even bat in the last game so lets not complain about him
Hi fais,

I guess you have been away for a while. Half the BCites have been complaining about Naeem for a while now. Word is that he is neither a batsman nor a bowler. Others say that he is not being used properly. Some say that he doesn't even exist!

Fact of the matter is that I was not only talking about this particular match but what has been happening in the near past. Hope I was able to explain my words.
Old November 1, 2009, 05:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Actually the original name was ZACS but when BNP came in, they changed it to Ruhul Amin Stadium. And then When AL came in, they changed it to the original one again.
Why, do we commonly have peoples names as stadium names. I personally think the ames should be associated with the city or the kind sponsor of bangladesh cricket, Grameen Phone.
Old November 1, 2009, 06:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Hi fais,

I guess you have been away for a while. Half the BCites have been complaining about Naeem for a while now. Word is that he is neither a batsman nor a bowler. Others say that he is not being used properly. Some say that he doesn't even exist!

Fact of the matter is that I was not only talking about this particular match but what has been happening in the near past. Hope I was able to explain my words.
sry to have picked on ur comment; the comment was meant for everyone complaining about naeem in general

he has played 22 ODIs
Not out in 8 ODIs (with most scores at 4)
and DNB in 5 other matches

in other words in more than half of his matches he did not get a chance to demonstrate his capabilities and in the rest he is played so low down that either it is near the end where he has to take unnecessary risks to up the scorecard or the bating line-up has completely collapsed and so the supporting batsman is the 10th or 11th man - neither case is appropriate for a batsman to show his skills

what naeem needs is a chance to play at number four (instead of rakib) or at least 5/6 (instead of mahmudullah)
Old November 1, 2009, 07:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

About naeem, I did not know about his flamboyant U19 and academy career, he is a batsman who averaged over 40 in his U19 career. Why dont we use him higher up in the order? =\
So we actually have 8 proper batsmen in the team. wow, not even India has that
Old November 1, 2009, 07:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
sry to have picked on ur comment; the comment was meant for everyone complaining about naeem in general

he has played 22 ODIs
Not out in 8 ODIs (with most scores at 4)
and DNB in 5 other matches

in other words in more than half of his matches he did not get a chance to demonstrate his capabilities and in the rest he is played so low down that either it is near the end where he has to take unnecessary risks to up the scorecard or the bating line-up has completely collapsed and so the supporting batsman is the 10th or 11th man - neither case is appropriate for a batsman to show his skills

what naeem needs is a chance to play at number four (instead of rakib) or at least 5/6 (instead of mahmudullah)
I was thinking along similar lines the other day when I suggested that Naeem needs to be put at no.3 instead of Ash until Ash figures out his current form or rather the lack of.

Any one who has been watching Ash over the years must have noticed a sudden change in Ash. He was the player that could ALWAYS connect rite from the word go! His problem always used to be stupid strokes. More recently though, he has not been connecting bat to ball. He is swatting for flies outside his off stump. A real sad sight for me at least.

I think he needs a break because the international stage is not the place for a player to find form back (Even though our local matches are utter cr*p half the time; Good to know that it is getting more competitive of late though). If he is not given a break he could also be batting in place of Naeem for a while. That could work in both ways.

Lets see what decision our team takes though. It will be interesting how they solve this puzzle 'coz clearly Riyad and Naeem both do not fit in that line-up.
Old November 1, 2009, 07:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good thread, auntu bhai. do like the smilies and the comments preceding them. very funny!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 1, 2009, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

So far the areas of concerns:

JS : All his dismissals have been tame.
TI & Ash : Inability to see the innings through. At least TI is accepting the responsibility publicly
Neith TI or JS have a SINGLE not out to their name
Mushy's Keeping
Lack of Pace attack
Old November 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

How will be the new pitch? We are taking too much risk playing one pacer but the problem is who we have as decent pacer that will atleast give good 6 overs as Mash and Rasel both are out. There are some bad signs in top and middle order but good signs are we are no longer depending on only one player to save our batting. But last two games need to be played very well to back up our captain's prediction of winning the series.
Old November 1, 2009, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Thanks Nadim, Rafi, Rabz bhai, Zunaid Boss, Dr. Miraz bhai, Zaved bhai, One world bhai, Shardul, Rifat, Obayed bhai, Asad bhai, Murad bhai, Yaseer, Asif bhai, Zeeshan for your support.

Sorry that the thread is not up to the standard set by Obayed bhai.

অবার্চীনের ধৃষ্টতা হিসেবে ক্ষমা প্রার্থী।
Old November 1, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Booked reply.

*under construction............

Construction done.

Waiting for your reply (হালকা টেনশিত)
Old November 1, 2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Construction done.

Waiting for your reply (হালকা টেনশিত)

hai hai. auntu miah to birat sahittik, keep it up. i like that bangla story. really cool and creative
Old November 1, 2009, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Good luck, Bangladesh
Old November 1, 2009, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Same squad as expected. I will tinker with the line-up though. Its time to send a message to Zunaid. I would play him, but hand the opening job to someone else, maybe to Rahim ( to redeem himself ) or Naeem ( to see what he has to give with the bat ). 3,4,5 -unchanged. Zunaid will get demoted in the line -up and come at no.6 to close out if needed. Hopefully, we won't need him to bat. He will field, and field all day, instead of getting a break from the game and relax with his legs up on a chair. Worse than his lack of production is the manner he has been getting out. For someone who gets out more often than anybody in the line-up after getting set is simply unacceptable. Very important for him to realize this.
Old November 1, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

waiting for a BIG B'day gift from Sakib & Co.

Good luck Bangladesh!!