facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

my answer to F6: because we suck at cricket.

Old September 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
When was the last time someone was threatened with a 'beheading' for an anti-semitic comment? Have anti-Israel, anti-Zionist protests not been held in Western capitals, with the permission and protection of the authorities? (I've seen ones in London with my own eyes) Is Mein Kampf still not sold in ordinary high street bookstores like Waterstones?
Do you mean to say that anti Semitic law doesn't exist ?? Do you want me to cite examples.... Of harassments under this law??

Yes protests definitely are permitted when it's lead by Jews.... I know there are quiet a few Jews who oppose a Zionist state... Now Novo, as a lawyer you are trying to be legally smart by twisting my statement ... but that doesn't take down the anti Semitic laws...
Old September 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

^ There are laws against anti-semitism in some countries. In others blasphemy laws have been abolished - like the UK in 2008. My point is, the statements by Muslims while protesting are/were excessive and that free speech isn't as one sided as you say. At the end of the day, we see TV shows broadcast in the West and literature distributed in the streets that decry Jews and Zionism, western influence on society etc. everyday but very rarely does that lead to arrest and prosecution. Given these threats of beheadings, it makes you wonder what would happen to Jewish or Christian people if they criticized Islam or the Khilafat movement or sth. similar while living in a Muslim country?
Old September 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You want to punish me if I talk against the Jewish religion (Anti Semitic) ?? Tell me more about how the west is a champion of free speech ...
I'm not talking about any of that. Try to understand what someone is saying before you jump the gun.

Tell me do we not tell people, Islam is the religion of peace? Just say, yes or no?

Assuming you said, yes. Now tell me how do we go about explaining to people that Islam is the religion of peace when we are asking to behead people? Tell me how do we go about explaining to people that Islam is the religion of peace when we are causing chaos and killed innocent people that had nothing to do with the video.

What I said has everything to do with Islam and nothing to do with free speech or Anti Semitic laws.

As for the youtube part, Youtube did not create the video. This is not youtube's fault, so I don't know how is suing them going to do anything.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

[QUOTE=BANFAN;1586372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Someone keeping a scorecard?? I hope everyone trying to justify these protests is happy...

How many Muslims dead is that now?[/QUOTE]

Does that really matter?? When you fight for a right cause you don't count each death as scores and decide the outcome. It's known at the outset that more on the protesters side I'll die or suffer.. That's precisely the reason of protest too...

If you were counting scores during the war of liberation in 71 or during the US civil rights mvement or the French revolution or the recent Egyptian revolution... You would have retreated and those events wouldn't have taken place... So it's not the score that matters, it's the cause that matters.

I have seen some people ing here at the death of protesters, but they are very vocal in death of innocents (presumably with US PP) ... So didn't feel like reacting to those. But looks like you are having fun at these death from your POV.. So thought to remind you of their POV.. Well, you may not agree but people can still be innocent with a different POV..
- fighting for a cause...so again, video made in the US, Cartoons drawn in France...number of infidels related to the issue at hand killed = ZERO.

Pakistani police shooting dead fellow Pakistanis for creating anarchy = 15.

These people did NOT die for a cause...their death is a complete waste...completely meaningless. I thought some of 'you' championing these protests wanted to let the West know...this sort of thing would no longer be tolerated...that there would be a price to pay.

Fair enough...but if I'm some provocateur in the west...what's happened to deter me? I hate muslims...and it looks like my video has resulted in muslims killing each other. Sounds like a win for me...

Last edited by F6_Turbo; September 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old September 22, 2012, 03:22 AM
Banned

Country wide hartal here tomorrow....mullahs got beat up by the cops and they in turn have called a dawn to dusk strike.

Nice...we haven't had a hartal in a while

I'd say about 40% of that crowd fills out forms for a Diversity Visa every year

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Last edited by F6_Turbo; September 22, 2012 at 04:13 AM..
Old September 22, 2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You want to punish me if I talk against the Jewish religion (Anti Semitic) ?? Tell me more about how the west is a champion of free speech ...
Why do you want to talk against other religion anyway?

Don't we have to respect other religion according to Islam?
Old September 22, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Why do you want to talk against other religion anyway?

Don't we have to respect other religion according to Islam?
Give me a break... Respect and peace is reciprocal... It's like i occupy your home and give you a lesson of peace... Heh....Do you even know what you are talking about?? Just putting forward a non Muslim argument with very less knowledge of Islam. Somewhat child like.

So, you accept and want me to play by the rules of my religion right? Ok then come, peace is with someone who is peaceful, you kill one of my family member I have the right of killing that kiler and that's how Islam teaches to make peace. That's perfectly justified.

Isn't Christianity a champion of peace? Didn't Jesus teach in bile to offer the other chick if you are slapped?? Why do the Christians don't follow that?? If you try to teach me Islam, I can teach you enough bible... So, don't distort and preach Islam in bits and pieces.

Its not that I want to spoil a sec of my life talking about the Jews... But once you defend talking against Islam to be a matter of free speech, why not against Jews?? So, since you have no answer to that, you attack me and try to teach me Islam.. Right?? Salute to free speech ..

Last edited by BANFAN; September 22, 2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old September 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
?.........

I'd say about 40% of that crowd fills out forms for a Diversity Visa every year

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
And how is that laughable??

You think that piece of land is outside the universe ?? Just because the early migrators were Christians, doesn't mean that Muslims don't have the right to that place?? They have serious complains against their own government too... So does that mean its laughable to stay there as well...?? I really don't understand what makes you laugh at that..?? I can understand you much better and laugh with you, if you can make that joke a bit more clear.

I find you laugh at everything.. A protester dying, you laugh, if he is trying for a migration to US you laugh...I don't get a single bit of that joke at all...
Old September 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

This is why I rail against the mullahs and those that seek to justify their actions...and yet another reason why if Bangladesh IS to be 'sold' I'd rather become India with the AL than the Pakistan the BNP-Jaamat nexus want us to become....

Quote:
Anti-Islam film: Pakistan minister offers bounty

A Pakistani government minister has offered a $100,000 (£61,616) reward for the death of the maker of an anti-Islam film produced in the US.

Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour told reporters that he would pay the reward for the "sacred duty" out of his own pocket.

He suggested the Taliban and al-Qaeda would be eligible for the reward.

His comments came a day after at least 20 people died in clashes between anti-film protesters and police.

"I announce today that this blasphemer who has abused the holy prophet, if somebody will kill him, I will give that person a prize of $100,000," the minister said.
A govt minister offering up a reward for murder
Old September 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

NY Times Op-Ed:

Exploiting the Prophet
Nicholas D. Kristof
22 September 2012

"“PISS CHRIST,” a famous photograph partly financed by taxpayers, depicted a crucifix immersed in what the artist said was his own urine. But conservative Christians did not riot on the Washington Mall.

“The Book of Mormon,” a huge hit on Broadway, mocks the church’s beliefs as hocus-pocus. But Mormons haven’t burned down any theaters.

So why do parts of the Islamic world erupt in violence over insults to the Prophet Muhammad?

Let me try to address that indelicate question, and a related one: Should we curb the freedom to insult religions that are twitchy?

First, a few caveats. For starters, television images can magnify (and empower) crazies. In Libya, the few jihadis who killed Ambassador Chris Stevens were vastly outnumbered by the throngs of Libyan mourners who apologized afterward.

Remember also that it’s not just Muslims who periodically go berserk, but everybody — particularly in societies with large numbers of poorly educated young men. Upheavals are often more about demography than about religion: the best predictor of civil conflict is the share of a population that is aged 15 to 24. In the 19th century, when the United States brimmed with poorly educated young men, Protestants rioted against Catholics."

Read More
Old September 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
This is why I rail against the mullahs and those that seek to justify their actions...and yet another reason why if Bangladesh IS to be 'sold' I'd rather become India with the AL than the Pakistan the BNP-Jaamat nexus want us to become....

I want Bangladesh to behave like an independent nation... I just can't accept it to be sold to India or Pak.. That's not even a 0.0000000001 % possibility, even in the worst case scenario... If it is, it's a shame for all the lives we lost for achieving this freedom.. Hope you can fathom the gravity of sacrificing a life for the freedom of the country.... Just for a sec imagine your life you sacrifice for a cause benefitting others... Can you do it?? I can't even think of doing it, so I understand the value and gravity of it and respect them more than myself for doing it for me/us... I can't let those souls be dishonoured........

Quote:
A govt minister offering up a reward for murder
How about the President of a country (GWB) offering a reward for murder ?? ... (double, triple or Quadruple that as you want)
Old September 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cricket Savant

acha apnara shobai kothae kothae chete jachen kano eto (c) random tritiyo matra guy
Old September 22, 2012, 03:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
acha apnara shobai kothae kothae chete jachen kano eto (c) random tritiyo matra guy
Oi Mia tumi Goor lagao keno... Ota to shoytan er kaaj...

[Hope you know the joke of Goor lagano by Shoytan....]
Old September 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I'm not talking about any of that. Try to understand what someone is saying before you jump the gun.
Same goes to you bro in any discussion and please don't assume someone outright nonsense if his opinions don't match your's. Don't ever think that you have reached the pinnacle of Islam and you know everything. Always be open minded to adapt to this changing world, Islam is the most adaptive religion on earth.

Quote:
Tell me do we not tell people, Islam is the religion of peace? Just say, yes or no?
Yes we do, and same does the Christians and Jews... Infact all prophetic religions. Because they are all the same and given by the same God.

Quote:
Assuming you said, yes. Now tell me how do we go about explaining to people that Islam is the religion of peace when we are asking to behead people? Tell me how do we go about explaining to people that Islam is the religion of peace when we are causing chaos and killed innocent people that had nothing to do with the video.
You tell me, if I occupy your home and make you a secondary resident in your home.... How will you maintain the morale high ground and throw me out of your home?? If you keep trying to be morally better than me, I will keep the controll of your home for eternity. You have any doubt, let's pay that game in reality.

Not only islam, all prophetic religions are religions of peace. When you fight for your rights, you don't fight with peace do you?? I mean how do you fight with peace??? I don't get it at all. Did your prophet fight with peace?? I mean does even these two words fight & Peace even can co-exist?? Either you live in peace (without fight) or you fight to achieve peace. So I really don't know, why you are looking for peace when you are fighting for rights...!! Well there can be a peaceful way of fighting too... And mostly people are doing that...peaceful protests.. But if you defend it with a lame excuse again and again and again with excuses like "free speech" I have to ask... Why free speech only applies to insults to Islam and not for Jews ?? That means you are patronizing an anti Islamic movement in the name of free speech...?? Or else make it completely free.. A Jew abuses islam, A muslim abuses a Jew... And we are done ... Can you guarantee this...?? Then I have no issue.... But I don't think that's civil either... No body should have the right to insult or make hate speech on any one... That can never be a right and definition of a free speech...hey some people just don't understand untill it comes own to their own family. I bitch around with your family members is a free speech?? Hey I will do it based on fact and logics that satisfies me... Will that be ok??? Religion is a far bigger deal than one's family. It may look very insignificant to a guy who believes in no religion, but who is he to expel a religion and why do I have to be pray to his whims??

Tell me one community .. Religios or non religious ... Who isn't for peace?? Then why those peace loving people are occupying my lands and waging war on my lands or corrupting my govts to do what thy are doing...?? And your prophet fought a number of wars in his life term... And you mean he wasnt peacefull?? And can there be a peaceul war ?? You are just being out witted by your Christian counterparts. Please use your brains... Don't be so much spoon fed,,,

Quote:
What I said has everything to do with Islam and nothing to do with free speech or Anti Semitic laws.
Ya I understand... That's why it's illogical.. U can't talk only islam and allow anarchy in the name of free peach and antisemiticism, Islam needs to have equal opportunity as the ther beliefs.

Quote:
As for the youtube part, Youtube did not create the video. This is not youtube's fault, so I don't know how is suing them going to do anything.
sure it's not you tubes issue. But if US has given a certificate for projection in its cinema halls, then it's their problem.. Otherwise... They Could treat such cases like the anti Semitic act of this scale. If they try to defend instead, then they deserve the wrath for discrimination...

Last edited by BANFAN; September 22, 2012 at 05:40 PM..
Old September 22, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

BANFAN,

Have you heard of the KKK? The Neo-Nazis? They publicize their anti-semitism, have rallies, publishes literature, etc with anti-semitic content. There are several others groups like them.

Have you watched the movie 'The Passion of the Christ'? Then you'd know it painted Jews in a not-so-rosy picture. Yes, it raised controversies - but no one was killed or threatened to be killed over it. And the US government didn't have a say in it. Many movies also portray Jews (and other groups) in negative lights. Once again, no big deal.

I know people - including imaams at jummah prayers - who publicly talk sh*t about Jews. They are not harassed or are censored.

So please explain to me why you keep repeating the BS that "you can't say anything anti-semitic in the USA."
Old September 23, 2012, 12:34 AM

Since antisemitism is on the table, let see what it means, its definition, its background, why west accepted it as a legal term etc.

Quote:
Antisemitism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism) is suspicion of, hatred toward, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage. Social scientists consider it a form of racism. In a 2005 U.S. governmental report, antisemitism is defined as "hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity."[1] A person who holds such views is called an "antisemite". Antisemitism may be manifested in many ways, ranging from expressions of hatred of or discrimination against individual Jews to organized violent attacks by mobs, state police, or even military attacks on entire Jewish communities. Extreme instances of persecution include the pogroms which preceded the First Crusade in 1096, the expulsion from England in 1290, the massacres of Spanish Jews in 1391, the persecutions of the Spanish Inquisition, the expulsion from Spain in 1492, Cossack massacres in Ukraine, various Russian pogroms, the Dreyfus affair, the Final Solution by Hitler's Germany, official Soviet anti-Jewish policies and the Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries.
While the term's etymology might suggest that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic peoples, the term was coined in the late 19th century in Germany as a more scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"),[2] and that has been its normal use since then.

More in Wiki

Old September 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
BANFAN,

Have you heard of the KKK? The Neo-Nazis? They publicize their anti-semitism, have rallies, publishes literature, etc with anti-semitic content. There are several others groups like them.

Have you watched the movie 'The Passion of the Christ'? Then you'd know it painted Jews in a not-so-rosy picture. Yes, it raised controversies - but no one was killed or threatened to be killed over it. And the US government didn't have a say in it. Many movies also portray Jews (and other groups) in negative lights. Once again, no big deal.

I know people - including imaams at jummah prayers - who publicly talk sh*t about Jews. They are not harassed or are censored.

So please explain to me why you keep repeating the BS that "you can't say anything anti-semitic in the USA."
Ignorance.

You can say whatever you like except do something like yelling fire in a crowded theater. The government does not proscribe free speech.

However distasteful, you get stuff like the following and no, the FBI is not hunting down the printer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1349423.html
Old September 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
Banned

Something to lighten the mood in here....

now the truth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Chile_earthquake

Old September 23, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I really hate all the fake claims stating miracles of Almighty Allah specially on FB. People behind those posts are misguiding people and spreading lies.
Old September 23, 2012, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:

This fabrication is clearly the work of evil Jews who are trying to play with hearts and minds of Muslims.
Old September 23, 2012, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:

This made me too when I saw this on Facebook. These indeed are very disturbing.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 23, 2012, 03:16 AM
Banned

^just facebook trolls....not the end of the world, but people that believe them...LOL. Tbf, there were lots of people making comments about the stupidity of such lies.
Old September 23, 2012, 04:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
No one is justifying for murder. Whatever that terrorist group has done was heinous form of act and totally against Islamic Values. Those terrorists should be punished. But you can't deliberately ignore other sides' fault too. Why is it too hard to accept that ? Criticizing one's belief is one thing, but to make fun and to insult one's belief is another thing, it is a heinous form of act too. Those who make fun of a religion should be treated as badly as terrorists.
Top post.

When I read the news that some muslims in London distributed the Holy Qurans as as protest against the movies, I just loved it. This is how it should be. Protest has to be there. But not the violent way we normally. Encourage others to learn about our religion correctly.

I cannot agree with those who are trying to suggest to keep the focus on muslims only. We live in the same world. So it is normal that we would be affected with others' actions. I don't see much criticism against making Israel as as complete Jew nation. I don't understand why I don't see much criticism against Israeli plans to attack Iran. These so called modern people are saying that Israel has the rights to defend. What about others?

Protest has to be there. But this has to be made in a peaceful way. In a way that would invite others to learn our religion in a true way.

From Al Quraan

Surah Maidah 5:32:
"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land."

Peace. May Allah guide us to the righteous path.
Old September 23, 2012, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Default Pakistani minister personally offers reward for anti-Islam filmmaker's death

Quote:
A Pakistan government minister has personally offered a $100,000 reward for anyone who kills the man who made the anti-Islam movie that is drawing ire throughout the Muslim world.
Railway Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour announced the bounty at a news conference Saturday, but he made clear to CNN he was speaking for himself and not as a government representative.
Asked whether he was concerned about committing or condoning a crime as a government official, Bilour said, "I am a Muslim first, then a government representative."
He said he invited the Taliban and al Qaeda to carry out the assassination.
CNN
IMO thats pretty good money for killing someone, heck even better than ESPN fantasy cricket prize.
So peeps why not start with peeking your next door.