facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2012, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ya, don't you all look like fools now. Go hide.

Thank you coach

Old October 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

Thank you coach
পাইবাস কি ফিরবেন?

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১১-১০-২০১২

« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»
রিচার্ড পাইবাস কি ফিরবেন বাংলাদেশে? ফিরলে কবে? বিসিবিকে ভীষণ অনিশ্চয়তায় ডুবিয়ে জাতীয় দলের কোচ ছুটি কাটাচ্ছেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায়। ৭ অক্টোবর হওয়া ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের সভার পর পাঠানো ই-মেইলেরও এখনো কোনো জবাব দেননি এই ইংলিশ বংশোদ্ভূত কোচ।
পাইবাস চেয়েছিলেন স্পিনারদের নিয়ে সাকলায়েন মুশতাকের ক্যাম্পটি বন্ধ করে দেওয়া হোক। কিন্তু ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের সভায় সেটি চালিয়ে যাওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত হয়। ই-মেইলে পাইবাসকে জানানো হয় সেটি। ই-মেইল পেয়ে তাঁর কী প্রতিক্রিয়া, কবে ফিরবেন বাংলাদেশে, পাইবাস কাল পর্যন্ত ফিরতি কোনো ই-মেইল না পাঠানোয় বিসিবির কেউ দিতে পারছে না এসব প্রশ্নের উত্তর।
তবে বিসিবির নির্ভরযোগ্য সূত্র বলছে, পাইবাস-বিসিবি সম্পর্ক এখন ভাঙার অপেক্ষায়। পাইবাসের দাবি, বাংলাদেশ দলের দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার আগে বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মুস্তফা কামাল তাঁকে কিছু মৌখিক প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়েছিলেন। যার মধ্যে ‘অফুরন্ত’ ছুটি-ছাটা আর বাড়তি বিমানভাড়ার বিষয়গুলোও ছিল। বোর্ড সভাপতির দেওয়া সেই প্রতিশ্রুতির বাস্তবায়ন না হলে নাকি বিসিবির চুক্তিতে সই করবেন না পাইবাস। ফিরবেন না জাতীয় দলের কোচের দায়িত্বে।
কিন্তু বিসিবি অনড় প্রস্তাবিত চুক্তিতেই। কাল কলম্বো থেকে টেলিফোনে পাইবাসের সব দাবি অস্বীকার করে মুস্তফা কামাল বলেছেন, ‘ছুটির ব্যাপারে কোচের সঙ্গে আমার কখনোই কোনো রকম আলোচনা হয়নি। উনি যে এখন ছুটি কাটাচ্ছেন সেটাও আমার কাছ থেকে নিয়ে যাননি। ছুটি সভাপতি দেয় না। চুক্তিতে ৪৫ দিন ছুটির কথা উল্লেখ আছে। তাঁকে সেটা মেনেই সই করতে হবে।’ জাতীয় দলের খেলা না থাকলে বাংলাদেশে না থাকলেও চলবে, এ রকম কোনো বিষয়েও নাকি তাঁর কথা হয়নি পাইবাসের সঙ্গে, ‘খেলা যখন থাকবে না, কোচের কাজ তো তখনই বেশি। খেলা চলাকালে কোচের কাজ কী? ওই সময় তো আমার আর তাঁর কাজ প্রায় সমান।’ পাইবাস বিসিবির প্রস্তাবিত চুক্তি না মানলে কী হবে—জানতে চাইলে সভাপতির উত্তর, ‘এ ব্যাপারে এখনই মন্তব্য করব না। তবে উনি না এলেও কেউ না কেউ তো আসবে।’ জানা গেছে, পাইবাস বিসিবির শর্ত না মানলে এশিয়ার কোনো দেশ থেকে পরবর্তী কোচ নেওয়ার চিন্তাও দানা বাঁধতে শুরু করেছে বিসিবি কর্তাদের মধ্যে। বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস অবশ্য এশিয়ান কোচ আনার চিন্তার ব্যাপারটি উড়িয়ে দিয়েছেন। তবে পাইবাসের প্রতি বোর্ডের মনোভাবটা বোঝা গেল তাঁর কথায়ও, ‘কোচ অন্তত আমাদের জানাক যে উনি কবে আসবেন। কোচ যদি ঈদের আগে ফিরে না আসেন, আমাদের হয়তো দ্বিতীয় চিন্তাই করতে হবে।’
Old October 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Permit me if i may to clarify a couple of points that have been raised with out laying blame in anyone's court.

Richard Pybus and I have been working together to build a stronger system, to ensure the players in the National squad have players below them creating pressure for spots, which is what every strong national team around the world has. He has at no time ever asked me to coach the national squad. He would like me to run a High Performance program as i did previously when working under Dav.

The original schedule for the NCL had it commencing on October 14 and all players were meant to be training with their NCL teams this week, hence Richard and all other National team staff have either left for their break or are about to leave. International travel and family committments require some planning, so the constantly changing NCL schedule, should not be held against the National team staff. and With the delays in the NCL starting there have been a range of players coming to the Academy this week to train, so i have been managing facilities for them to do this and providing some coaching support if they request assistance.

Contracts always take some negotiation and negotiating is a two way street. Unfortunately the playing obligations dont wait for negotiations, so it is not uncommon for someone to actually start work here before the i's are dotted and t's crossed, it is not ideal, but it happens. Obviously there are some differences of opinion about what was agreed to and what has been presented in the contract, but lets hope they can sort it out, as Richard Pybus is a very committed and professional coach and is serious about making a difference here.

The definition of insanity is to "keep doing the same thing and expect a different result", so some aspects need to change if we want to get different results. Between the two of us we bring enough expertise and experience to understand what needs to change, and hopefully we can gain the support of the powers at be to do this and to lead BD cricket to a brighter future. The team has been ranked 9 or 10 for 10+ years now and unless there are changes, they will stay that way, regardless of who is coaching the team, as history already shows us.

Looking forward to some positive outcomes and getting focussed on improving players.

Regards
Richard
Welcome back (to BD and BC) Richard the Boss!

Thanks for the clarification. I knew there was something fishy ever since Tutul and R. Pybus started having issues.

Having said that, if you read the Prothom-Alo article above, as the president said, coaches are most required when there are no fixtures. I disagree on many things with Mr. Kamal but he does have a solid point here. R. Pybus can always pull his 15 men aside from NCL and work with them to prepare for WI series. Also, his (R. Pybus) past issues with different cricket boards makes us the fans very worried.

Anyways - whatever happens to R. Pybus... please know that we have nothing but sheer respect and love for you as a coach and your ability. My 2 cents - keep a professional relationship with everyone (R. Pybus and BCB) and continue to make a difference.

Cheers
-Maruf
Old October 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Welcome back (to BD and BC) Richard the Boss!

Thanks for the clarification. I knew there was something fishy ever since Tutul and R. Pybus started having issues.

Having said that, if you read the Prothom-Alo article above, as the president said, coaches are most required when there are no fixtures. I disagree on many things with Mr. Kamal but he does have a solid point here. R. Pybus can always pull his 15 men aside from NCL and work with them to prepare for WI series. Also, his (R. Pybus) past issues with different cricket boards makes us the fans very worried.

Anyways - whatever happens to R. Pybus... please know that we have nothing but sheer respect and love for you as a coach and your ability. My 2 cents - keep a professional relationship with everyone (R. Pybus and BCB) and continue to make a difference.

Cheers
-Maruf
People need to stop bringing that up and use that against him every time something goes down, considering the fact that it happened w/ PCB - one of the worst boards out there. Not to mention PCB got him back. So that says a lot. I'll take anyone's words over Pak cricket board.
Old October 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
People need to stop bringing that up and use that against him every time something goes down, considering the fact that it happened w/ PCB - one of the worst boards out there. Not to mention PCB got him back. So that says a lot. I'll take anyone's words over Pak cricket board.
you answered yourself why fans are worried about BCB and Pybus actually
Old October 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
I didn't specify PCB, bro. He had issues with South African domestic boards as well.
Old October 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

"When we initially contacted him, we assumed that Pybus could convince his family to come to Dhaka. But I think that problem hasn't yet been solved. We have to take a decision regarding his position in the upcoming meeting," said Kamal.
Pybus, who left the country lastmonth, has been criticised by BCB officials for his 'long leaves'. Kamal also referred to Richard McInnes, who is currently the head coach of the BCB Academy,as a trainer who has the potential to coach the national side.
"We have a good coach [McInnes]at home and I'll definitely bring his name up, as a possible replacement, at the board meeting," said Kamal. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=253800
Old October 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I like that last line.

I dont know the truth behind RP. But if he isnt serious, hope we appoint RM to take over the NT in a long term role. We need someone who has passion about Bangladeshi cricket in the top job.
Old October 14, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

RM would be a good national team coach, drawback is then the younger players who aren't in the national team may suffer in their development.
Old October 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB will have to find another candidate to take over academy. We should ask RM for suggestions.

With regards to local candidates Aminul Islam still remains a good option. Initially BCB's plan was to appoint him.
Old October 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i hate to sat but have to say now ........ bring back Jamie Siddons ....... at least he had no problems staying in Bangladesh and was satisfied with vacations, coaching setups and other issues. all others are just coming and going and have several ambitious or non-negotiable demands. anyway ...... briniging back siddons means bring back rock, junaid, imrul permanently and the personal achievement theory.....
Old October 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
কিন্তু বিসিবি অনড় প্রস্তাবিত চুক্তিতেই। কাল কলম্বো থেকে টেলিফোনে পাইবাসের সব দাবি অস্বীকার করে মুস্তফা কামাল বলেছেন, ‘ছুটির ব্যাপারে কোচের সঙ্গে আমার কখনোই কোনো রকম আলোচনা হয়নি। উনি যে এখন ছুটি কাটাচ্ছেন সেটাও আমার কাছ থেকে নিয়ে যাননি। ছুটি সভাপতি দেয় না। চুক্তিতে ৪৫ দিন ছুটির কথা উল্লেখ আছে। তাঁকে সেটা মেনেই সই করতে হবে।’ জাতীয় দলের খেলা না থাকলে বাংলাদেশে না থাকলেও চলবে, এ রকম কোনো বিষয়েও নাকি তাঁর কথা হয়নি পাইবাসের সঙ্গে, ‘খেলা যখন থাকবে না, কোচের কাজ তো তখনই বেশি। খেলা চলাকালে কোচের কাজ কী? ওই সময় তো আমার আর তাঁর কাজ প্রায় সমান।’ ’

Lotus mama o bujhe, kintu pybus bujhlo na !
Old October 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

So Pybus ki contract by pass korbo naki West Indies er kaase pedani khaoa porjonto at least thakbo?
Old October 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Richard McInnes will be the best coach for Bangladesh, if appointed
Old October 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Hope he agrees to that. Wonder why he wasn't appointed before Pybus. Don't know if this will be ideal situation for RM to agree for the job. He seems to have a good relation with Pybus too.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
i hate to sat but have to say now ........ bring back Jamie Siddons ....... at least he had no problems staying in Bangladesh and was satisfied with vacations, coaching setups and other issues. all others are just coming and going and have several ambitious or non-negotiable demands. anyway ...... briniging back siddons means bring back rock, junaid, imrul permanently and the personal achievement theory.....
Although he was popular, he also had his fair share of critics as well. There were some things I thought Jamie did that were good and bad but one thing people can't doubt here is the passion he had for our cricket. He still really cares as we saw that he helped get Tamim down to NZ. At the time, it didn't seem a bad idea that we let go of Siddons but now looking back, it seems that Siddons wasn't a bad option. Him and and his family liked living in Bangladesh so it seems that he would've stayed on. This constant changing of coaches is doing no good for our players and it's time we get a coach that will stay with us long term.
Old October 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

If the other Richard (Richie Mac I mean) is appointed and we still fail to beat Scotland, then there's no hope for us, because if he can't get it through our players' heads, it's likely no coach in the world can. It will mean that there indeed is no hope for us, that all is doom and gloom, that there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - or any rainbow to begin with for that matter, that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, that this IS in fact the end of the tunnel, that we've hit a dead end, that we've reached the bottom of the pit, that the sun has set in the horizon.

But I have faith in McInnes, because he isn't one to reward mediocrity and has beaten up sissies into men in the past.

PS: Nazimuddin er career shesh
Old October 15, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It doesnt appear that Pybus is returning without a new contract in place. However, this wont serve his international career either. I earnestly hope that it works out because he is qualified coach and definitely was building a new Bangladesh team with future in mind..

I also think moving Mccinnes to National Coach position would do us any good. Richard is needed for the HP squad where we produce future players,,, his contribution is well documented and we need more players like Shakib, Tamim, Nafees, coming from his hand. Without such strong pipeline of players, we will become Kenya, Zimbabwe like team-- with very few international quality players. For national team, we need someone very different, someone with experience and strategy. Not that McCinnes can't do it, he sure can but his movement to a different role will more likely bring us temporary success in present at the cost of the long future..
Old October 15, 2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Thank you coach
Not really!

BCB and Pybus, both are at fault here.
Going "vacation" without informing the authority doesn't represent Pybus as a professional coach. On the other hand, we all know how BCB runs, so comment here!!
Old October 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

McInnes said he would not say NO if offered the head coaching position (DS)...I guess there is not much communication happening anymore between RM and RP. Will Pybus come back?
Old October 15, 2012, 05:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pybus is not any great coach and doesn't have a great record with any international team.. why the hell can't we hire a proven international coach? Tom Moody will be amazing.. did great job with Sri lanka. Money I don't think will be a problem
Old October 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
McInnes said he would not say NO if offered the head coaching position (DS).....
That's reassuring ...
Old October 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

As others have pointed out RM would do a good job as national coach but the drawback is his skill of developing quality players is lost a bit. With RM doing academy or HP unit then he's putting good habits on the players earlier and when they get to the national team they need less work so that will be lost if he becomes national coach, he then only coaches the national players.
Old October 15, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Pybus is not any great coach and doesn't have a great record with any international team.. why the hell can't we hire a proven international coach? Tom Moody will be amazing.. did great job with Sri lanka. Money I don't think will be a problem
Not a fair thing to say. Pybus is a very well respected coach. He might have not had much success at the international level, but he has done very well at domestic level. You should also hear the testimonials about him from some of the worlds best players.

Tom Moody is one of the best coaches in the World. Its a pity he isnt interested in a long term coaching stint. Sri Lanka tried bringing him back, not interested in long term stints. And heres the thing, a foreign coach wont mind coaching a team like Sri Lanka at less salary. The talent is there, support is there from the board, good system is in place. And most importantly living in Sri Lanka will be no culture shock for them and their families. Perhaps a reason why they got Graham Ford and we couldnt!
Old October 15, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

the chance of making huge money in short time in IPL and similar leagues is making coaches reluctant to take long term national jobs.