facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2012, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
My team....

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Nasir
8. Sunny
9. Shohag
Rubel
Shahadat
Sadi tomare akta boka dimu!!!!
Do you want Naeem at #3 in test cricket? R u sure?
Sorry to say your post was like a street cricketer.

Old November 8, 2012, 07:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Sadi tomare akta boka dimu!!!!
Do you want Naeem at #3 in test cricket? R u sure?
Sorry to say your post was like a street cricketer.
Bhyia Naeem plays at no 3 and no 4 in domestic cricket. You can check his matches in current NCL. I think that he is a top order material. Siddons made him a lower order batsman.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

So Shohag's selection wasn't random after all. I still think it may be a bit too early for him. I feel as if he has been picked to exploit the left-hand dominated Windies line-up and will be discarded after this series. Regardless, really looking forward to watching him bowl. He has been one of my favourite domestic players for a while now.

Atrocious selections in the pace department. Shahadat, Rubel and Abul. Their bowling figures are already flashing before my eyes. What more has Nazmul got to do?
Old November 8, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Absolutely fabulous team, any side is bound to be with Nazza! in it, but would've been better with the inclusion of other worldbeaters like Rocky and Imzi. Great to see The SN back. Windies better watch out. I don't think they'll have much left after Nazza! and The SN is done with their bowlers. Whatever they may have left will be decimated by the lethal combination of The Rajib and The Abul.

I don't see how Shakib got selected despite his abysmal failures in the NCL, the greatest FC cricket tournament ever. Granted he'll face inferior bowlers in a lower level of cricket, but I'd have been more comfortable had he been able to score in the NCL, the greatest FC cricket tournament ever. Too bad Nazza! donated most of his runs to fellow Cittagognano Tamim. Can't donate too many of those to lesser players, I say.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Why you guys are hating Abul a lot. To me , he is a decent pacer.he needs proper guidance from coach and he would be a great prospect of our pace attack.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The current selection committee is too much defensive. I still miss the committee of Faruk and Athar.

Not impressed with SN and Nazimuddin being in the team. Last test performance cannot be counted if you play test after one year.

What the heck Abul Hasan is doing in the team? Now I believe he has the strongest lobbying.

If Riyad plays in the first test and fails he must be dropped in the second test. This should be his last chance.

Junaid should partner with Tamim in the opening slot.

Most probably Shahadat and Rubel will take the new ball.

I would like to see Shohag playing in the first test. He cannot do worse than others. But if he is a big match performer then he will grab the chance to impress.
Well may be current selection committee looking a bit defensive but i think their team selection is ok. Nazimuddin was the last test opener for BD. His performance was not too bad. Do we have any replacement? In that case he deserve another chance. In #3 SN is ok. In last 4 test he scored 232 runs wit an average of 29. So he deserve to be in the team. Only thing that can be mentioned here is inclusion of Zunaid over Mominul. I was expecting Mominul there. But experience said in fever of Zunaid in this vulnerable top order.
Regarding Riyad, In test cricket he is not a bad test batsman. May be he is not in form. In that case droping him is not a good idea. We need to stop this in and out game.
Overall i am happy with the team. Though its only for one test still I ll mis Mominul. Though i did not find a space to locate him.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My choice (perfect batting order):

1. Nazza!
2. Big Z
3. The SN
4. Mohammad Nayeem Islam
5. Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad (VC)
6. Mohammad Mushfiqur Rahim (C-WK)
7. Shohag gazi
8. Mohammad Elias Sunny
9. The Abul
10. The Rajib
11. Tamim Iqbal
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 8, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
Why you guys are hating Abul a lot. To me , he is a decent pacer.he needs proper guidance from coach and he would be a great prospect of our pace attack.
Nobody hates him. Let him come to the national side when he is fully ready. National team is a not a place for babysitting.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well may be current selection committee looking a bit defensive but i think their team selection is ok. Nazimuddin was the last test opener for BD. His performance was not too bad. Do we have any replacement? In that case he deserve another chance. In #3 SN is ok. In last 4 test he scored 232 runs wit an average of 29. So he deserve to be in the team. Only thing that can be mentioned here is inclusion of Zunaid over Mominul. I was expecting Mominul there. But experience said in fever of Zunaid in this vulnerable top order.
Regarding Riyad, In test cricket he is not a bad test batsman. May be he is not in form. In that case droping him is not a good idea. We need to stop this in and out game.
Overall i am happy with the team. Though its only for one test still I ll mis Mominul. Though i did not find a space to locate him.
As I said earlier, we played last test almost one year back. Nazimuddin didn't do anything since then. Same goes true for SN. SN went to India and what did he do? What did Nazimuddin and SN do in last few FC matches?

Riyad is a player who scores only when the game is already lost and the opponents are not putting high intensity pressure. Yet what was his performance in last few tests and FC matches?

What did Abul do to get a spot in the team?

Defensive mindset would get us nowhere.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bhyia Naeem plays at no 3 and no 4 in domestic cricket. You can check his matches in current NCL. I think that he is a top order material. Siddons made him a lower order batsman.
Those days are gone. Now Naeem dont bat above #4 in FC. And i think you have seen how terrible he looks when he plays at top order in ODI in recent past.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Gayle is on his way to score the highest Test score facing Abul - MMW
Old November 8, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Pretty surprised to see that they decided to shield Mominul and Anamul on the batting side but not shield Sohag and Abul on the bowling side? Of course the Sohag selection makes much more sense because he brings variation but Abul's selection is a surprising one.

Anyways now thinking about who will end up grabbing the spots. I think we'll either see Nazim at opener and SN at #3 or SN at opener and Junaid at #3. My gut feeling says that we'll end up going with the latter.

Another big question is who will play at #8? We saw that Nasir will most likely bat there but now with Sohag in there, will we end up seeing him instead at that spot? At the #8 spot, I would rather have Sohag since he can bat a bit and is the better bowler. If we want to use Nasir then either have him bat in the top 7 or don't play him at all. No point of wasting him at #8. I see Elias being a lock in the team.

As for the pacers, we'll most likely go with Shahadat and Rubel.

Congrats to whoever made it and best of luck to all of them. Hope they all perform well.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Those days are gone. Now Naeem dont bat above #4 in FC. And i think you have seen how terrible he looks when he plays at top order in ODI in recent past.
Naeem is not a limited over player. He never has been. His inability to rotate strike makes sometimes makes him funny when playing in ODI.

We need an innings builder in the top order. Naeem seems to be the only suitable person for that. If he plays then he has to bat within top 5. He likes to take time and build his innings. If he plays down the order, I am afraid he won't be able to be much effective.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Naeem is not a limited over player. He never has been. His inability to rotate strike makes sometimes makes him funny when playing in ODI.

We need an innings builder in the top order. Naeem seems to be the only suitable person for that. If he plays then he has to bat within top 5. He likes to take time and build his innings. If he plays down the order, I am afraid he won't be able to be much effective.
He'll most likely bat at #4 which seems a good position for him. He won't get exposed too early against the new ball and at the same time, won't bat too low.
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Pretty surprised to see that they decided to shield Mominul and Anamul on the batting side but not shield Sohag and Abul on the bowling side? Of course the Sohag selection makes much more sense because he brings variation but Abul's selection is a surprising one.

Anyways now thinking about who will end up grabbing the spots. I think we'll either see Nazim at opener and SN at #3 or SN at opener and Junaid at #3. My gut feeling says that we'll end up going with the latter.

Another big question is who will play at #8? We saw that Nasir will most likely bat there but now with Sohag in there, will we end up seeing him instead at that spot? At the #8 spot, I would rather have Sohag since he can bat a bit and is the better bowler. If we want to use Nasir then either have him bat in the top 7 or don't play him at all. No point of wasting him at #8. I see Elias being a lock in the team.

As for the pacers, we'll most likely go with Shahadat and Rubel.

Congrats to whoever made it and best of luck to all of them. Hope they all perform well.
SN is a better player of spin than pace. He lacks feet movement against top quality pace bowling. He is probably one of the best players of spin in the team. If they want to play him then he should come at no 4 or no 5.

Nasir is in his early days. But that boy is a gem. He likes to take challenge. If I have to chose whom to play then I would go for Nasir instead of Riyad.
First Class Cricketer

এফসি তে যার ব্যাটিং গড় ৩০ এর নীচে হে আবার কিসের ব্যাটার যে প্রথম তিনে খেলবো
আমগো ব্যটারের যে কি আকাল এই-টা জুনায়েদকে দলে নেওয়া খেইক্কাই বুঝা যায়

আর ভুল কইরা টেস্টে যারে খেলানোর কথা তারে ওডিআইতে খেলাইয়া দর্শকগো গাইলমন্দের মধ্যে ফেইল্লা তারে দলে নিয়াও না খেলানোর কোনো মানে নাই...

তামিম -নাজিম ওপেন করুক
যেহেতু বিজয়রে নেয় নাই শাহরিয়ারই তিনে খেলুক

ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ যদি তাদের স্বর্ন যুগে চার জন ডান হাতি পেসার নিয়া দুনিয়া কাপাইতে পারে
আমরা কেন তিন জন বাহাতি স্পিনার নিয়া দুনিয়া কাপাইতে পারুম না
কেন বৈচিত্রের কথা কইয়া অফস্পিনার নিতে হইবো ?
কেনই বা দুই পেসার খেলাইতো হইবো ?

কইতে পারেন কেউ ???

নিজেদের শক্তির উপর আস্হা না থাকলে কি চলে

যাইহোক সবাই ভালো খেলুক
টেস্ট দুই-টা হাড্ডাহাড্ডি লড়াই করি
ওডিআইতে কাপাই দেই
আর টি২০ তো আমাগোই.....

Old November 8, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
SN is a better player of spin than pace. He lacks feet movement against top quality pace bowling. He is probably one of the best player of spin in the team. If they want to play him then he should come at no 4 or no 5.

Nasir is in his early days. But that boy is a gem. He likes to take challenge. If I have to chose whom to play then I would go for Nasir instead of Riyad.
Agreed 100%. Nasir should get the nod ahead of Riyad. Riyad might have a good average for our standards but don't forget he hasn't scored a 50 in his last 10 innings in Tests. Plus what did he do in the NCL? He doesn't deserve to be in XI but feel he'll be selected anyways.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I guess I am among the very few who are content with this 14-man squad. That is totally fine. Cannot deny that Abul's selection was simply atrocious but he won't be making it into the XI, so that's fine.
Except Shahriar Nafees, the rest of the squad have either performed or were inevitable choices. In other words, the XI from this 14-man squad will be very close to the best we can come up with if not the best.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 8, 2012, 09:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I guess I am among the very few who are content with this 14-man squad. That is totally fine. Cannot deny that Abul's selection was simply atrocious but he won't be making it into the XI, so that's fine.
Except Shahriar Nafees, the rest of the squad have either performed or were inevitable choices. In other words, the XI from this 14-man squad will be very close to the best we can come up with if not the best.
Probably those people wanted Mominul and Anamul, that's why.

Like I've always said before, there will always be a few that we thought that should've been there but in the end, if the core of the squad is in which is the case here, then I believe the selectors did their job.
Old November 8, 2012, 09:10 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

ওয়ানডে এবং টি-টোয়েন্টির পর টেস্টে আবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তির বিষয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচকের ব্যাখ্যা, ‘আমরা যেহেতু স্পিনে নির্ভর করি। অধিকাংশ সময় স্পিনারদের দিয়ে বল করানো হয়। কোচের সঙ্গে আলাপ করে আমরা সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি, যে জোরে বল করে তাকে আমরা খেলাব। সে জন্য তাকে নেওয়া হয়েছে।’

কাঁধের অস্ত্রপচার শেষে সুস্থ হয়ে প্রায় ছয় মাস পর জাতীয় দলে ফিরলেন পেসার রুবেল হোসেন। ফিল্ডিংয়ে এখনও কিছুটা অসুবিধা থাকলেও দারুণ বল করছেন তিনি

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...08063230150061

So Shane Jagurson is behind Abul's inclusion??? Now, he is playing the first test
Old November 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
ওয়ানডে এবং টি-টোয়েন্টির পর টেস্টে আবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তির বিষয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচকের ব্যাখ্যা, ‘আমরা যেহেতু স্পিনে নির্ভর করি। অধিকাংশ সময় স্পিনারদের দিয়ে বল করানো হয়। কোচের সঙ্গে আলাপ করে আমরা সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি, যে জোরে বল করে তাকে আমরা খেলাব। সে জন্য তাকে নেওয়া হয়েছে।’

কাঁধের অস্ত্রপচার শেষে সুস্থ হয়ে প্রায় ছয় মাস পর জাতীয় দলে ফিরলেন পেসার রুবেল হোসেন। ফিল্ডিংয়ে এখনও কিছুটা অসুবিধা থাকলেও দারুণ বল করছেন তিনি

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...08063230150061

So Shane Jagurson is behind Abul's inclusion??? Now, he is playing the first test
Allah save us. I sense a few records to set against us. Shahadat and Abul bowling together would be a treat to watch.

Shane je crap ta age thekei bujhtam. Ekhon ta prove holo.

I would be more than happy to eat my own words if Abul, Shane and Akram co can prove me wrong. But I don't see how. Someone who is not able to take wickets in less competitive NCL wont be able to take international wickets.

Last edited by WarWolf; November 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old November 8, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Mushfiqur Rahim (Captain), Mahmudullah (Vice Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazim Uddin, Nasir Hossain, Mohammed Elias, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Shohag Gazi.
I'm frustrated. What more can Enamul Jr. do to get a call up? At least of Mominul or Anamul should've been in the team. At least to warm the bench. anyways... here is my best 11 from this squad.

1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Junaid
4. Naeem
5. Mahmudullah
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Nasir
9. Shohag
10. Sunny
11. Shahadat

Yes, I am aware that I picked only one pacer but I rather see 3 good spinners, 2/3 part timers than abul/shahdat combo.
Old November 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Yh gd XI. Would PRobably chose the sme.

Riyad is there already;at 6

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Thanks... I think I forgot his proper name...
Old November 8, 2012, 09:29 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Thanks... I think I forgot his proper name...
Fans bound to forget players name if they dont perform for long. Can't blame u

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marufh
i'm frustrated. What more can enamul jr. Do to get a call up? At least of mominul or anamul should've been in the team. At least to warm the bench. Anyways... Here is my best 11 from this squad.

1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Junaid
4. Naeem
5. Mahmudullah
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Nasir
9. Shohag
10. Sunny
11. Shahadat

yes, i am aware that i picked only one pacer but i rather see 3 good spinners, 2/3 part timers than abul/shahdat combo.
দল-টা ভালোই হইছে
খালি জুনায়েদের জায়গায় শাহরিয়ার হইলে ভালো হয়
তয় এক পেসারের দলই হওয়া দরকার