facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 5, 2006, 02:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul
Default SA didn't deserve to win: Ponting

man this guy is just pathetic, first say bd doesnt deserves test status, now this.

why do they write a article everytime he thinks a bit loudly.

Old April 5, 2006, 03:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Ponting and Warne may be two of the best ever cricketers to ever play the game but they also know how to sledge.
Old April 5, 2006, 04:23 AM
Test Cricketer

You have to digest this kind of comments as long as they play like what they are doing now.
Old April 5, 2006, 04:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nannu
man this guy is just pathetic, first say bd doesnt deserves test status, now this.
pathetic, really?? Abar "BAK-SHADHINOTA" nia prosno?

Man this guy is going to break all the records of test cricket in near future, so he got every right to say what ever he feel true.
Old April 5, 2006, 06:43 AM
Club Cricketer

"why do they write a article everytime he thinks a bit loudly."

Test captains are always asked questions after a match. Whatever they say can be (and often is) turned into a headline.

Nannu, what do you mean by "now this" like it's some kind of bombshell or ridiculous statement?

This is all he said: "Some of the Tests have been close, but I don't think South Africa deserved to win any of them. I think we've been the ones who dictated the Test matches. We should have won at Perth, but South Africa put up a tremendous rearguard action to draw the match.

Sydney would be the one Test they could argue that they were probably in front of us and the weather, and the series the way it was, dictated their declaration - but still we got the runs, for two or three wickets."

All I see there is a fairly factual summing up of the six Tests.

What's your problem with that, Nannu?
Old April 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Some of you really don't understand playing the mind game. Aus against Eng, Aus against SA are the series that determines who are the top teams. Since Aus crushed SA, this is to put a dent on the SA players mind for future series also. When I dominate you I would make sure you know I beat you and don't even think of beating me in the future. In a street fight, when someone is down the person on the top swears him to stay down and not get up. Cause if he gets up he'll get some more of the same beating. Same thing. Trash talking is part of the game. You should watch how NBA players talk when the game is on. Mothers and grand mothers don't escape.
Old April 5, 2006, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

It sounds bad when people just read the headlines. I dont think Ponting said anything wrong here. He had his facts and was intentionally aggressive. Besides, mental disintegration is becoming a part of the game and it is one of the brainchilds of the all-dominating Aussies. Talks like these gets the opposition charged up and also the spectators get thrilled at the prospect of hard fought games. It happens in every sport.
Old April 5, 2006, 09:59 AM
BC Editorial Team

This has to be seen in the context of the arguments going between the South Africans (mainly Grame Smith) and the Australians this season. Australians won on and off the field.
Old April 5, 2006, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, I think some people learn to speak from the heavyweight boxing players. I quite often heard Tyson saying, this time I will kill him. Perhaps, mind game is also a part of real game.
Old April 5, 2006, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think pointing can say what ever he want unless proven other wise we should keep a low profile....

mind game ha..

we will build a picth for them that even after the bowler bowls the batsman will have time to open the rappper of his kandy from his pocket and put it in his mouth and the ball will still not reach him.....
Old April 5, 2006, 04:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ponting is to cocky!
Old April 5, 2006, 11:06 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

What Ponting said is very rude and arrogant, but as long as Aussies keep winning they'll say many things to sabotage the opponents' confidence.

IMO, one of the best, most outrageous statement made this year is-

"Ponting, you just keep your mouth shut and look back to what they did against you people in Cardiff last year and take a note of the latest one against Sri Lanka. And I would suggest everybody: Don't think you are going to play a warm-up game when you take on Bangladesh." - Wasim Akram

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/02/23/d60223040327.htm

Old April 6, 2006, 03:40 AM
Club Cricketer

I'm missing something here.

Hatebreed, please point out what you think is rude and/or arrogant in what Ponting said.

"Some of the Tests have been close, but I don't think South Africa deserved to win any of them. I think we've been the ones who dictated the Test matches. We should have won at Perth, but South Africa put up a tremendous rearguard action to draw the match.

Sydney would be the one Test they could argue that they were probably in front of us and the weather, and the series the way it was, dictated their declaration - but still we got the runs, for two or three wickets."

It's not as if they won a Test and RP is saying they didn't deserve to.

They lost 5-0 from 6 Tests. Where's the rudeness? Where's the arrogance?
Old April 6, 2006, 04:39 AM
BC Editorial Team

Donny, if you spend a little more time in our midst you'll realize that some of our flock are epidermally challenged. To compensate, I recommend you skip a shearing or two
Old April 6, 2006, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
Donny, if you spend a little more time in our midst you'll realize that some of our flock are epidermally challenged. To compensate, I recommend you skip a shearing or two
also please bear in mind RP, warne are now Public Enemy number 1 in this board till end of aus visit. after that many of us would again join the RP, Warne fan club.
Now I would say RP is very rude to SA. If there was not Aus tour I might have said "Mental disintegration at best". Joking aside, I still think it is hit below the belt. After winning 5-0, your deed is speaking.
Old April 6, 2006, 12:08 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by Donny
I'm missing something here.

Hatebreed, please point out what you think is rude and/or arrogant in what Ponting said.

"Some of the Tests have been close, but I don't think South Africa deserved to win any of them. I think we've been the ones who dictated the Test matches. We should have won at Perth, but South Africa put up a tremendous rearguard action to draw the match.

It's not as if they won a Test and RP is saying they didn't deserve to.

They lost 5-0 from 6 Tests. Where's the rudeness? Where's the arrogance?

Donny you're an Aussie fan, I'm not going to stress making sense to you about something your team captain said about the losing opponents and how it sounds rude, and arrogant.

What's there not to deserve? Anyone can deserve to win, defeat can come from anywhere even if it's a one-sided game. Ponting makes it seem like the game only belongs to him. Australia is doing bloody good, so what? India is doing great but I don't see Rahul Dravid say things like Bangladesh doesn't deserve to play, Pakistan didn't deserve to win, England shouldn't be playing, etc. There's no doubt Ricky Ponting is a great player and he's a good leader, but he also makes a lot of unsportsmanlike remarks which regardless of his or his team's position, is rude and arrogant.

RazabQ, I don't think you can fully digest the bold opinions expressed in this forum. If you think it's not ok to protest something a sports personality said, than you're also one of us "epidermally challenged".
Old April 6, 2006, 01:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
RazabQ, I don't think you can fully digest the bold opinions expressed in this forum. If you think it's not ok to protest something a sports personality said, than you're also one of us "epidermally challenged".
Yess... more and more of those so-called 'Bold reactions' are popping up out here these days unnecessarily making this place a heated up frypan sometimes! Can’t blame Razab bhai here...coz these sorts of ‘bold-reactions’ are practically impossible to digest. This thread is a perfect example of what it can do when you take out a quote out of its context and place it in between nowhere!

Ausseis are very well known for their 'bold words' on and off the field.. but again... they do show fantastic sportsmanship to give credits where it is due! After the record breaking ODI final match against SA.. ponting himself was highly appreciative about the SA team and that was totally spontaneous from him.

To bother too much about what other people (other teams/players in this case) say rather than concentrating on self improvements is actually a sign of underlying lack of confidence and self-belief. That goes for the fans as much as it goes for the BD team itself.

Edited on, April 6, 2006, 6:46 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old April 6, 2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

All I want to see is Bangladesh putting up a fight. Australia is playing great cricket at this point and are coming to BD with a 3-0 series against SA, a very strong side. On the other hand, we barely put up a fight against the Lankans in the test series. Aussies are also coming full strenght with Warne looking to increase his test scalps.

IF you guys followed the BD-Ken series, you probablly saw how ugly it got after couple of victories. Some folks were really looking down on Kenya and wondering why we were wasting our time playing them and how we would be doing them a huge favor if we do arrange a few more tours with them. SOUND FAMILIAR ? I can't really blame Ponting for some of his earlier comments about BD. From his point of view, this series would be a waste of time for his players and they really don't have nothing to gain. ON the other hand, BD has everything to gain and I hope the players really stretch the Aussies in 2/3 occasions.

Another thing, don't start a thread based on the headlines. Media loves manipulating qoutes and have a habit of taking qoutes out of context simply based on the shock value. If we beat Kenya 3-0 in a test series, I won't be surprised if Sumon blurts out, "Kenya was never in the game, they really did not deserve to win a single game". Not too long ago, Nafis Iqbal had termed the English spinners ordinary after scoring a 100 against them in a practice match. Just because he said something stupid, doesn't make it so. The English answered that rubbish on the field. We need to do the same. Let our bats and balls speak for us.
Old April 6, 2006, 05:13 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Yess... more and more of those so-called 'Bold reactions' are popping up out here these days unnecessarily making this place a heated up frypan sometimes! Can’t blame Razab bhai here...coz these sorts of ‘bold-reactions’ are practically impossible to digest. This thread is a perfect example of what it can do when you take out a quote out of its context and place it in between nowhere!

Ausseis are very well known for their 'bold words' on and off the field.. but again... they do show fantastic sportsmanship to give credits where it is due! After the record breaking ODI final match against SA.. ponting himself was highly appreciative about the SA team and that was totally spontaneous from him.
Edited on, April 6, 2006, 6:46 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Since when criticism became a sign of underlying lack of confidence? There's already plenty of discussions going on about our own players, team, coach, almost everything. What you may see as 'reaction' is someone else's opinion. Even though, I said 'bold opinions' not 'reactions'. You said yourself this is what happens when you 'take out a quote of its context', yet you've done it yourself, and ignored anything else I've said to the contrary.
Old April 6, 2006, 09:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Hatebreed, I requested you, "please point out what you think is rude and/or arrogant in what Ponting said" (Ponting's quote provided).

Your reply didn't really address what he said about the SA series but you commented on other things he has said.

I assure you, I'm more a cricket lover than an Aussie fan. I'm also an enthusiastic Bangla supporter and have consistently written in favour of their inclusion in international Tests and ODIs, in my site.

Ahmed_B make a good point here: "To bother too much about what other people (other teams/players in this case) say rather than concentrating on self improvements is actually a sign of underlying lack of confidence and self-belief. That goes for the fans as much as it goes for the BD team itself."

I've noticed fans, particularly of one or two countries who under perform, are very quick to blame factors other than their own shortcomings. This is also true of life.

Re. Ponting's comments after that incredible ODI match: Not only was he very gracious towards The Proteas for their amazing victory, he declined his share of the Man of the Match award saying, "No. Give it to Herschelle. He deserves it more than me"
Old April 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by Donny
Hatebreed, I requested you, "please point out what you think is rude and/or arrogant in what Ponting said" (Ponting's quote provided).

Your reply didn't really address what he said about the SA series but you commented on other things he has said.

I assure you, I'm more a cricket lover than an Aussie fan. I'm also an enthusiastic Bangla supporter and have consistently written in favour of their inclusion in international Tests and ODIs, in my site.

Ahmed_B make a good point here: "To bother too much about what other people (other teams/players in this case) say rather than concentrating on self improvements is actually a sign of underlying lack of confidence and self-belief. That goes for the fans as much as it goes for the BD team itself."

I've noticed fans, particularly of one or two countries who under perform, are very quick to blame factors other than their own shortcomings. This is also true of life.

Re. Ponting's comments after that incredible ODI match: Not only was he very gracious towards The Proteas for their amazing victory, he declined his share of the Man of the Match award saying, "No. Give it to Herschelle. He deserves it more than me"
I don't think there's any clearer way to comprehend what is rude/arrogant about his quote unless you're really out of common sense. Like I said, I'm not going to stress getting any sense to you because in the end your sentiment will always be biased. Don't my mere observation get under your skin. It has nothing to do with me supporting Bangladesh. Perhaps you as a fan of a superior and vastly experienced team should learn to accept some criticism.
Old April 7, 2006, 02:04 AM
Club Cricketer

You still haven't adressed my question.

This has nothing to do with bias. It was a simple question.
Old April 7, 2006, 10:49 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Donny you're really boring me now. I suggest you read my first reply to you. It should be pretty obvious to you which specific quote of his comments is this whole argument all about. What I felt he said was rude & arrogant; I don't have to give you any further clarification about it because you're reluctant to accept criticism and I stand by my opinion.

Have a good day.
Old April 14, 2006, 09:29 AM
Club Cricketer

An opinion with no substance.

I can see you're not used to being challenged. Your last two posts are quite rude and decidedly arrogant.