facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: LIst of L H spinners
Razzak 24 63.16%
Vettori 10 26.32%
Hogg 0 0%
Panesar 2 5.26%
Yuvraj 0 0%
Jayasuria 1 2.63%
Saqibul Hasan 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 10, 2007, 10:31 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Puck, read the poll then make your comments. I can't see the poll options that say 'Razzak is the ultimate match winner in the world' or 'Bangladesh is the best team in the world'. This is a poll about individual performers in a very specific category. LEFT HAND SPINNERS. Razzak may not be the best yet, but he's up and coming. You're calling him “ordinary” because Bangladesh does not win enough matches? If one person's ability was enough to win matches consistently, then there would no need for the team would it? Just send good ol’ Razzak by himself and save a lot of money to donate to Puck’s school of vomit-causing sarcasm.

Old September 10, 2007, 11:05 AM
Street Cricketer

yeah, Razzak is d best, but only in ODI....and now going to be d best in T20...He needs to think about his test career very seriously bcoz Enamul jr is much better in test...M Panesar n Vettory both bowl better in bouncy wicket compared to slow subcontinent wicket....but Razzak got d ability to bowl well in both condition.
Old September 10, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Puck, read the poll then make your comments. I can't see the poll options that say 'Razzak is the ultimate match winner in the world' or 'Bangladesh is the best team in the world'. This is a poll about individual performers in a very specific category. LEFT HAND SPINNERS. Razzak may not be the best yet, but he's up and coming. You're calling him “ordinary” because Bangladesh does not win enough matches? If one person's ability was enough to win matches consistently, then there would no need for the team would it? Just send good ol’ Razzak by himself and save a lot of money to donate to Puck’s school of vomit-causing sarcasm.
this is a bangladesh cricket fans website so all poll results would naturally reflect a bangladesh team centric bias. neutrality and objectivity is not acceptable here.

when one gets used to mediocrity is it easy to accept what is laid out in front of one's eyes. the very best would influence the outcome of matches. the likes of murali and warne did that consistently. when razzak does that i'd start considering him in the same mantle as those two.
Old September 10, 2007, 12:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
this is a bangladesh cricket fans website so all poll results would naturally reflect a bangladesh team centric bias. neutrality and objectivity is not acceptable here.

when one gets used to mediocrity is it easy to accept what is laid out in front of one's eyes. the very best would influence the outcome of matches. the likes of murali and warne did that consistently. when razzak does that i'd start considering him in the same mantle as those two.
Neutrality and objectivity is welcome, but not illogical statements like "if he was something extraordinary, surely, we would have seen bangladesh win a lot more". Current Bangladesh team is vastly inexperienced compared to Murali and Warne alone. They are both match winners because they have their teams' support. Neither of them is a LEFT handed spinner. Let's assume they are, even then the other options in the poll, except may be Vettori pales in comparison to their experience and prowess. It doesn't make a very fair contest.
Old September 11, 2007, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Neutrality and objectivity is welcome, but not illogical statements like "if he was something extraordinary, surely, we would have seen bangladesh win a lot more". Current Bangladesh team is vastly inexperienced compared to Murali and Warne alone. They are both match winners because they have their teams' support. Neither of them is a LEFT handed spinner. Let's assume they are, even then the other options in the poll, except may be Vettori pales in comparison to their experience and prowess. It doesn't make a very fair contest.

the current bangladesh team isn't vastly inexperienced, they are much experienced in losing. this loss can be attributed to various factors but attitudes as above by placing all the mediocre cricketers in such a pedestal also had a major part to play. one fine knock in twenty innings turns a cricketer into the worlds best batsman and three outings for a bowler against poor opposition turns him into a superstar performer. keeping a lid on the expectation, showing a little more modesty and reason would bode well for the future. i realise that you and the others are very excitied about his supposed talents. however, lets focus on the possibilities so far and achievements once he has played 100 matches.
Old September 11, 2007, 05:49 AM
Cricket Guru

i dont think razzak is the best left hand spinner in the world..but he isnt far away from it.i mean it kinda sounds weird if we say razzak is better than vettori. but since there is a poll here...im going to vote for the one and only razzak!!! woot woot!!!

btw people this is my 2000 post
Old September 11, 2007, 05:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Antora93 my beloved bhagni, welcome to the brave new world of “test” cricket … woot ! woot !!! woot !!! … now quickly, how does it feel ?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 11, 2007, 05:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Antora93 my beloved bhagni, welcome to the brave new world of “test” cricket … woot ! woot !!! woot !!! … now quickly, how does it feel ?
test cricket?? i thought 2000 was a cricket legend..coz thats what it says lol!!! and how does it feel? hmmmmmmm i feel happy and awkward..i mean who knew i would end up gettin 2000 posts lol btw wats after cricket legend? and how many posts do i need to reach it?
Old September 11, 2007, 05:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
test cricket?? i thought 2000 was a cricket legend..coz thats what it says lol!!! and how does it feel? hmmmmmmm i feel happy and awkward..i mean who knew i would end up gettin 2000 posts lol btw wats after cricket legend? and how many posts do i need to reach it?
Oops ... my bad ... that's what I meant, the world of "cricket legends" ... welcome aboard.

The next step is "cricket guru" or as Fazal likes to say, "cricket goru" ... one needs 8000 posts to get there ... there have been only 3 to date: ATMR, chinaman and Miraz ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; September 11, 2007 at 06:08 AM..
Old September 11, 2007, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Oops ... my bad ... that's what I meant, the world of "cricket legends" ... welcome aboard.

The next step is "cricket guru" or as Fazal likes to say, "cricket goru" ... one needs 8000 posts to get there ... there are only 3 to date: ATMR, chinaman and Miraz ...
8000? wow!!!...hmmmm looks like over the 2 week school holidays i'll be on bc a lot!!!
Old September 11, 2007, 10:21 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
the current bangladesh team isn't vastly inexperienced, they are much experienced in losing. this loss can be attributed to various factors but attitudes as above by placing all the mediocre cricketers in such a pedestal also had a major part to play. one fine knock in twenty innings turns a cricketer into the worlds best batsman and three outings for a bowler against poor opposition turns him into a superstar performer. keeping a lid on the expectation, showing a little more modesty and reason would bode well for the future. i realise that you and the others are very excitied about his supposed talents. however, lets focus on the possibilities so far and achievements once he has played 100 matches.
Sorry Puck, but again you're rambling on about things that aren't relevant because we are talking about an individual here, not the entire team. Don't attribute the mediocrity and losing attitude of others on one person. I doubt anyone here seriously considers the Bangladeshi batsmen the best in the world, because there are too many great batsmen in the world and not many recognised LEFT HAND SPINNERS. If you the read posts, I think most people already agree Razzak is not the best, but needs time to flourish. The poll doesn't reflect that because nobody here takes it seriously. Enough said.