facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2004, 01:01 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Cricket Online: Live program on Channel I

Akram Khan and Bangladesh team manager during inaugural test vs Ind, something Tito was there in the show.

This is the first live program that I saw among all the private tv channels.

The subject was: the logic behind BD national team players playing in the U-19 world cup.

One info that I remember of Akram Khan to give to you: When Akram was appointed manager of the current U-19 team, coach McInnes gave him a contract (kagoj dhorie diechilo) to Akram Khan telling him not to talk anything about cricket to the U-19 players. This is why Akram Khan submitted a report to BCB and quit from being the manager of the U-19 team. I didn't know about this before.

Old February 17, 2004, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

looks like mcinnes wants complete control of the youngsters, and doesn't want half-assed cricketers to impart their wee knowledge on his charges.
Old February 17, 2004, 01:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I totally agree with Shubho.
Old February 17, 2004, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

hey wait a minute. mcinnes may be a good coach/better than akram. but akram is/was no half-assed cricketer. in fact he was a better cricketer than mcinnes. but the coach has every right to want that the manager stay out of coaching.
Old February 17, 2004, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

my point is that mcinnes is probably thinking that akram is a half-assed cricketer. of course, let's face it, i don't think there's much knowledge akram can actually impart on our youngsters.
Old February 17, 2004, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well I think McInnes is right...but I'm sure he wasn't as rude with Akram as it sounds....
Old February 17, 2004, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

well yeah i agree akram is fat which is why many people dont like him and is considered as a joker for many players. but i dont think fat is the best word that defines akram. if you look at akrams career one more time carefully then i am sure that you wont say this. because akram is still one of the best batsman in bangladesh. his batting still entertains me and i still think that he is one of the best captain of bangladesh until now because we won the ICC under his captaincy. he is a very stylish middle order batsman. since akram and bulbul left the team we were never able to fill those 2 spots. we were actually not able to find any good replacements for these 2 great players which is why we are changing players in these 2 positions constantly. and please give me valid website where i can see what the under 19 coach actually said to him because i dont think akram should have been behaved like that. if he was really been behaved like that then i would say that we are disrespecting a great hero.
Old February 17, 2004, 02:04 AM
Banned

Khan Shaheb's presense among the U-19ers was like poison. It was at it's worst when he managed and his nephew captained. This Mcinnes is a straight-shooter. Akram has to accept his shortcomings. He was a good player during the ICC trophy era. Served us well when we needed him. If he wants to be serious about coaching, he should enroll in some training in Australia.
Old February 17, 2004, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

well i agre. yeah khan is obviously a great batsman and a great player but yeah there is a big difference between just a normal player and a captain and a coach. the roles are very different. akram is obviously a great batsman and also a great captain. but that doesnt mean that he can be a great coach. because teaching requires skills and not everyone has those skills. so akram might have to go to australia for training if he really wants to be coach. however i dont see whats wrong and why is it poison if akram is the manager while nafis is in the team.
Old February 17, 2004, 02:28 AM
Banned

Dear Falturidwanbhai: You may have read a "little" too much into my post. I was not using those terms loosely. I was rather reffering to the fiasco Akram had brought on to the team in the past. His nephew just happened to be the captain at the time. Akram's possible elitist attitude got into Nafis also. Almost the whole team wanted to boycott him. We ended up losing to Nepal.
Old February 17, 2004, 04:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Nafis\'s comment on english bowlers

Does anybody remember Nafis commenting on the English bowlers? It was good only that day. Not only he wasted his debut match, we were even white washed by those bowlers.

I am sure he is a good prospect, but got to control his adrenaline rush.

And, Akram...ho ho that's a story. i remeber him as a KING of cross batting. It was always "Sokka or Fakka", wasn't it?