facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5, 2008, 12:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Exclamation My Speculation: Ashraful is getting ready to open Again

I know this match is old but Ash opening is not a good sign and with Everyone else who Tamim Opens with forgets there OffStump is Coach 240 gonna put in the Ultimate Gamble and give him the Right to commit Hara-Kari any time he wishes

Quote:
UNB, Dhaka

The national cricketers, now attending a camp for their ensuing Australia tour, played a practice match Tuesday at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium (SBNS).

In the 25-over per side match, Alok Kapali-led Bangladesh Red team earned a one-run victory over Mohammad Ashraful-led Bangladesh Green team.

Batting first after winning the toss, Bangladesh Red team scored 131 for 6 in 25 overs with skipper Kapali contributing team highest 37 runs off 49 balls that featured four fours and a six. Left-handed opener Mehrab Hossain Jr. made 36 off 71 balls with one boundary.

Right-arm off spinner Mahmudullah Riyadh and Shahadat Hossain Razib captured three wickets each for 17 and 25 runs respectively.

In reply, Bangladesh Green team fell one run short, as they were restricted to 130 for 3 in 25 overs with Riyadh top scoring 67 runs off 74 balls that included nine fours.

Ashraful opened the innings to score 34 runs, while former skipper Habibul Bashar made 16. Abdur Razzak Raj remained not out on 1.

Mehrab Hossain Jr. and Kamrul took one wicket each.
I think he opened vs the Acedemy Side as well

Mr. Siddons, I beg of you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... While Seeing Ash and Tamim together at the crease makes me go Umpa Umpa, I'd rather you get Rafique out of retirement and let open if the 2nd opener position is that dire You Have Rokon, Hanan Sarkar a bunch of other cricketers ... I'd let Tushar open just not Ash ... You let him open his than it is the ultimate Make or Break point of his career and your gonna let open vs Brett Lee in Australia?

Like I said ultimate Make or Break, This Could be our Saurav/Sachin Team or this might as well be Bangladesh announce there new Captain in 3 months

Last edited by cricman; August 5, 2008 at 12:32 AM..