facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

congratulation..perfect partner for TIK

Old February 11, 2010, 02:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
he wasted 138 deliveries to score 101, not good enough. a good century, but he has to have better strike rate.
Sometimes, comment like this i wonder "what is the average age of the people in this forum?". A century in NZ, just after only 10 innings in ODI with strike rate of 74 is of course good. Just becuase 20/20 has become popular and u can score quickly on indian pitches mean u can do that anywhere. Look at Micheal clarke's SR's in the recent matches against Pakistan. Against good quality bowling strike rate of 74 is obviously good.

And, why are ppl making comments like "riding on luck", "7 lives". I don't think he was dropped once. There is difference between the ball carrying to the fielder and falling short. A ball falling short of the fielder is not the same as dropping a half or full chance.

And, again ball falling short is part of the game. Unlike Micheal Hussy when he was dropped 4 times by Kamram Akmal and scored a match winning century, ppl didn't say anything about luck.

It's not batsman fault, the fielder's can't catch the ball. Or batsman playing smartly to drop the ball short of the fielder.
Old February 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Good on you son!!!!!

But saying that Imrul is the most luckiest batsman ever as he always seems to get lives in his favour.

As for now, IMRUL you do us proud!!!!!
Old February 11, 2010, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

i really like Imrul's style..he has been consistent in this series but ofcourse was unlucky when the fool ran him out in the 2nd ODI..

but he certainly has a good temprament and doesnt get into mental battles with opposition unlike tamim..

i.e when vettori said ''you edged your way to 80'' to wind him up but imrul just smiled back and remained calm..these are excellent qualities when it comes to batting long innings, good on the lad and lets hope for many more
Old February 11, 2010, 03:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am in a bitter mood today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
Good on you son!!!!!
Is this is a metaphor or you have a son of his age? I think you are trying to hide your age by calling him as a son. May be you are in your 20's. That is my guess from your next sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
But saying that Imrul is the most luckiest batsman ever as he always seems to get lives in his favour...
Old February 11, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Congratz Imrul..You have me proud..I admit when he 1st came in to international cricket I wasn't the biggest big fan of him..he seemed like an out of shape cricketer..but now he seemz to have much more muscle to his frame..also he can play pace much better now..he always was consistent in domestic cricket and so far in international cricket he has been consistent and seems so far he can be a better partner for tamim then zunaed..i like zunaed a lot but he doesnt seem to be as developed as imrul in odis..the guy seems like he will be a good solid batsman for us..

As for the people saying this century is too slow..who gives a ****? a century is a century and this is also against a top 8 team in their own conditions..has Aftab ever scored a century period after 80 ODIs? Has SN ever hit a century against a top 8 team? The answer is NO!! Tamim hasnt even hit a century against a top 8 team..just because imrul doesnt have a flashy style doesnt mean hes a bad batsman..i respect batsmen like imrul and raqibul a lot more then alok or aftab..it seems like people give a lot of respect 2 flash and so called talent and just trash the hard working sluggish players..
Old February 11, 2010, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Javed Omar would be proud ...

7 lives during his innings
I don't get this? I did miss a part in the middle but 7 lives? Could you please point out when those happened?

Actually anyone, can you guys show me the lives he got? I thought Shakib and Ashraful had lives in this game.

I buy me a new pair of glasses tomorrow if any one can list those 7. If not, then Bash the real fools for being worse than JO.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Hitting balls in the air that fall short of the fielders are not a life. Neither are missed edges that almost hit the stumps.

A 'life' should be considered:

1. A dropped catch. Obviously a sitter and also an attempt where the fielder had a chance to catch it even if it was difficult.

2. Ball hits wicket but bails don't dislodge (Naeem in ODI 2)

3. Run outs where the fielder was close enough and should have connected or could have thrown to the keeper or bowler for a run out. (Ash early on yesterday)

4. Fumbles or misfields where the batsmen would have surely been run out without having the chance to call of the run.

5. Stumping : when the keeper fails to take a non-wide ball with the batsman out of the crease.
Old February 11, 2010, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

well played Kayes need to consistent men

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 11, 2010, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

kayes had been consistent from the tri series with sri lanka and india
Old February 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

If some one can edit out post, the chat transcrript ... with some editing

You'll know what I mean by lives

Thats why Nasif Bhai had the lol for a reason.

On to the innings, he stayed out there of 138 balls (23 Overs) & No point he didn't middle the ball.

It was very unconvincing, there was a point early in his innings where he tried to pull the ball the 1st balI went off the gloves and there was no short fielder, next ball same shot drops short of fielder.

He got out to a nothing ball as well, he should taken 2 steps turned that into low full toss, instead he wanted to defend when your trying to hit out

Imrul Kayes = Super Cat
Old February 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Fantastic innings. He needs to up that SR a little but a great find for us.
Old February 11, 2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am in a bitter mood today!!

Is this is a metaphor or you have a son of his age? I think you are trying to hide your age by calling him as a son. May be you are in your 20's. That is my guess from your next sentence.

I can say you are a good judge of spotting a metaphor but a bad judge of guessing age! No more what my age is i try to stay young at heart, which matters the most!
Old February 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Raynman;1075785]

This is Raynman from Paper Chase????
Old February 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paagla
Sometimes, comment like this i wonder "what is the average age of the people in this forum?". A century in NZ, just after only 10 innings in ODI with strike rate of 74 is of course good. Just becuase 20/20 has become popular and u can score quickly on indian pitches mean u can do that anywhere. Look at Micheal clarke's SR's in the recent matches against Pakistan. Against good quality bowling strike rate of 74 is obviously good.

AGAINST GOOD QUALITY BOWLING? YOU CALL NEW ZEALAND'S CURRENT BOWLING LINE UP "GOOD QUALITY BOWLING"? NEW ZEALAND PLAYED WITHOUT SHANE BOND, OBRIEN, CHRIS MARTIN, KYLE MILLS.

bangladesh faced a 2nd tier bowling line up and yet imrul wasted 138 balls to score 101 runs.

i am not a twenty20 fan, but a die hard ODI fan.

a strike rate of below 80 in an odi innings can not be good. that ground was a small ground, most of the time people score at a strike rate of 90+ in that ground i believe. wasting 138 balls to score 101, not very convincing. i am not saying he did bad, i am saying it is not good enough to outperform a top team.

around 240 is not a good score in that ground, i repeat.

we need players like imrul kayes but the strike rate has to improve if bangladesh wants to beat top teams.

Last edited by wasi90lkv1; February 11, 2010 at 05:31 PM..
Old February 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well played Imrul. First ODI hundred and that too on foreign soil...is pretty special! Onwards and upwards!
Old February 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

On to the innings, he stayed out there of 138 balls (23 Overs) & No point he didn't middle the ball.
My my!! Wait till he starts middling the ball. We would have a bradman in our ranks.

On the contrary, I saw hotspot sighting a lots of middling from Imrul's bat (bits and pieces I saw). I don't know how you can score a century without middling few ones.
Quote:
It was very unconvincing, there was a point early in his innings where he tried to pull the ball the 1st balI went off the gloves and there was no short fielder, next ball same shot drops short of fielder.
He was shaky. I'd give that. But those weren't lives. Lives was what Tendu got, what Dravid got enroute to their 100s; Taylor, Guptil, Vettori got in this series. Loppa drops!!
Quote:
He got out to a nothing ball as well, he should taken 2 steps turned that into low full toss, instead he wanted to defend when your trying to hit out
Now this is sad. How would you describe the balls Tamim, Ash, Mushi, Shakib, Riyad and Naeem's out balls?

SOMETHING BALLS?
Quote:
Imrul Kayes = Super Cat
Yesterday he was the Super Cat no doubt. Just couldn't stay 3 overs more.
Old February 11, 2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by paagla
i wonder "what is the average age of the people in this forum?"
It's not the age. More to do with a lack of understanding of the game possibly stemming from not having followed the sport for long enough.
Old February 11, 2010, 08:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It's not the age. More to do with a lack of understanding of the game possibly stemming from not having followed the sport for long enough.
Yeah or just not having a brain mature enough. That comes from inside, not by watching something.

@Cricman,
How can Imruls wickets ball be a nothing ball?? I bet all BD batsmen would have been out by that. Heck, most of the worls batsmen would have been out by that.

@wasi90lkv1, first of all,
how many BD batsmen have scored a century in ODI in oceania before? 0 (I am sure you dont know this, even though you will tell me you do, typical Bengali behaviour)

how many BD batsmen have scored a century against New Zealand before? 0

How many 50'sagainst NZ? 9 (3 from Ash)

And you say NZ bowling is "ordinary"?? I think NZ fan would be really hurt. And you mean they should bring back players from retirement to play with us?? I dont think they are that despearate. If you call Vettori, Southee, McKay, Oram "ordinary", I think you really need to get your brain checked before it gets worse
Old February 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Yeah or just not having a brain mature enough. That comes from inside, not by watching something.

@Cricman,
How can Imruls wickets ball be a nothing ball?? I bet all BD batsmen would have been out by that. Heck, most of the worls batsmen would have been out by that.

@wasi90lkv1, first of all,
how many BD batsmen have scored a century in ODI in oceania before? 0 (I am sure you dont know this, even though you will tell me you do, typical Bengali behaviour)

how many BD batsmen have scored a century against New Zealand before? 0

How many 50'sagainst NZ? 9 (3 from Ash)

And you say NZ bowling is "ordinary"?? I think NZ fan would be really hurt. And you mean they should bring back players from retirement to play with us?? I dont think they are that despearate. If you call Vettori, Southee, McKay, Oram "ordinary", I think you really need to get your brain checked before it gets worse
this is not the best bowling line up. new zealand did not use the same strong bowling line up they used against pakistan. grow up. only vettori is good in this line up.

bottom line is, we lost the match. we need to have as less dot balls as possible, when we bat.

maybe you watch too many matches from the 90's, cricket has changed. a strike rate below 80 is not acceptable in a small ground like christchurch.

imrul batted well, it was not good enough to beat a top team.
Old February 11, 2010, 08:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i agree it was at times unconvincing...but it wasn't totallly edgy. it was a good knock. how many times tendulkar gets dropped before 20 and goes onto score a ton? people only see the 30,000+ runs and the nearly 100 centuries.

but kayes has been scoring runs, and for once we have an opening pair that can add 50 and in quick time to boot (mostly tamim's handiwork) consistently. that too me is worth a lot.

as rommel said, "runs are runs"

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 11, 2010, 09:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i agree it was at times unconvincing...but it wasn't totallly edgy. it was a good knock. how many times tendulkar gets dropped before 20 and goes onto score a ton? people only see the 30,000+ runs and the nearly 100 centuries.

but kayes has been scoring runs, and for once we have an opening pair that can add 50 and in quick time to boot (mostly tamim's handiwork) consistently. that too me is worth a lot.

as rommel said, "runs are runs"
i have no complaints about those edges. i just did not like the fact the innings took 138 deliveries.
Old February 11, 2010, 09:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
i have no complaints about those edges. i just did not like the fact the innings took 138 deliveries.
the innings took 138 deliveries but he managed 101, only 37 dot balls bro. I know in current situations people like having a strike rate of 90+, but for Bangladeshi standard it's quite good. Javed Omar would have taken 250 balls to score one. I think if he got support from Ash and Shakib he could have done hell a lot better, I don't know why people are not talking about Ashraful's 55 strike rate. How many balls has the midget wasted
Old February 11, 2010, 09:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
In such cases, sometimes nerves get you. So even if you try, you cannot avoid the though of missing out on the 100. So it's rather better for the team if one gets the 100 thing out of the way.
dude 100 is just a freakin number. and 100 doesn't win matches, match winning knock win matches. just like what happened in this case as guptil was the MoM even though he didnt score 100. if homeboy at least showed intent...if not anything else...but just intent of slogging in the PP, i would've been more sympathetic. but he was wayy more passive clearly fixated on achieving a sparkling 100.

and all of you guys should stop giving that wasi dude a hard time. it's very immature to vilify him just because he is not going with the popular bandwagon of y'all who is getting all worked up because we scored a century after a long time and taking consolation in it. Did he say that he is taking anything from Kayes's century? No. He is simply pointing out his sluggish SR...and if i may add to it, that SR SHOULD'VE at least spiked up in PP overs.

1 finger pointing always has 4 in return pointing back at you. let's not start accusing others of not having enough Spectator's Knowledge in cricket or bring their age in question. because at the end of the day we are all fans here and we are privy to our critique. if the case was otherwise, our own *** would've been on the firing line in nets or in international cricket. but clearly that is not the case.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; February 11, 2010 at 09:56 PM..
Old February 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
the innings took 138 deliveries but he managed 101, only 37 dot balls bro. I know in current situations people like having a strike rate of 90+, but for Bangladeshi standard it's quite good. Javed Omar would have taken 250 balls to score one. I think if he got support from Ash and Shakib he could have done hell a lot better, I don't know why people are not talking about Ashraful's 55 strike rate. How many balls has the midget wasted
What IS Bangladeshi standard if I may ask? You assume there is some sort of a priori standard handed down from the Heaven's by gods in stone tablets that defines who or what our standard should be.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles