facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

As if changing the captain will do the trick !! We've had one of the best man in BD cricket to lead the team and he did lead the team from front but still couldn't manage to win most of the matches..And we the same people went on blaming him for each and every loss..Same will happen if he gets selected as captain once again as the team will still remain crap..We really should stop blaming the captain after each and every loss when we clearly can see what most of our players are capable of . It's not just a saying that "A captain is as good as his team"..

No point in blaming Mushy the captain, rather blame Mushy the player.. A fair share of blame should go to the management as well.. when captain is making a mistake the coach can easily send out messages to put them in the right direction but we still didn't see Pybus doing that.. And no I am not criticizing Pybus here.. Just saying he could've put that extra effort to guide them through..

Old September 27, 2012, 01:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
As if changing the captain will do the trick !! We've had one of the best man in BD cricket to lead the team and he did lead the team from front but still couldn't manage to win most of the matches..And we the same people went on blaming him for each and every loss..Same will happen if he gets selected as captain once again as the team will still remain crap..We really should stop blaming the captain after each and every loss when we clearly can see what most of our players are capable of . It's not just a saying that "A captain is as good as his team"..

No point in blaming Mushy the captain, rather blame Mushy the player.. A fair share of blame should go to the management as well.. when captain is making a mistake the coach can easily send out messages to put them in the right direction but we still didn't see Pybus doing that.. And no I am not criticizing Pybus here.. Just saying he could've put that extra effort to guide them through..
Agree with everything as usual except for the bolded part. One of the best? Who are/were the other ones who could be mentioned in the same breath as the magician from magura?
Old September 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
MLC World Series I

Like Zunaid bhai said, if not Mushy, then who?

And I find it really disturbing that people here are calling for a change. We have only played T20s after the Asia Cup, the format where we have next to no clue about how to play the game.

And not to mention, Mushfiq has been chosen as a captain after a string of strong performances in International cricket and that confidence has shone through in the DPL. He's just having a mean patch which almost all the players have other than Kohli, Amla & Gayle. I honestly think, he should move down the order where he is suited better.

Agreed, he may not have the best cricketing brains in terms of captaincy but it's just been a year and we've played much less cricket compared to the other countries.

Changing captains every year won't cut it. It will just lead to a bunch of ego clashes in the dressing room.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:59 AM

Mullah cant even match a VC, forget about him being captain. Only choice BD has is Shakib as captain and Mushi is VC. Rest are pure trash.
Old September 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mushy says : kintu..kintu amito social networking e A plus paisi
Old September 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Javed Omar Belim

Anyone else noticed how he starts every post-match interview with Definitely?

Announcer: Tough luck today, Mushfiq! You do know you're a terrible captain, right?
Mushi: Yes Definitely...wait...what?

Old September 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Sorry to say but Mushfiq can't read the game situation. No more series needed to get more evaluation, it's evident. He can learn obviously but I'm not in favor of costing us series after series just for the sake of giving him a chance to learn. This is International Cricket and not "Para" cricket.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

On what basis is Mushfiq captain?

The assumption was Mushfiq would be the neutralizing force help bonding between the "Red Force", "Blue Force" and "White Force".

He kind of accomplish that, but it suffered in the core area... that is pure captaincy.

From pure captaincy POV, Shakib is best we have... but we all know why he will not be nominated again.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
Banned

Tamim as Captain ? He is hot headed and can be like a Drill Seargant in the team ?
Old September 27, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Tamim as Captain ? He is hot headed and can be like a Drill Seargant in the team ?
Lol. Tamim won't be a drill sergeant. He probably won't give a *#@* about the team and will be busy arguing with BCB over what class of plane ticket he will get.
Old September 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Yeh...Tamim as captain, just don't see it....I'm getting food related visuals imagining it.
Old September 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Yes, he has his fair share of blame. Shakib was dead on point about not being aggressive on the field with close fielders or failure to rotate bowlers accordingly, for that matter. I don't think "nothing to lose" comment was that egregious as BCites tend to make out of it twisting the meaning, but for his sissy captaincy he cost us the match.

And ffs, since we are mentioning captaincy, On what basis is Riyad a T20 vc?
Old September 29, 2012, 11:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

And ffs, since we are mentioning captaincy, On what basis is Riyad a T20 vc?
We're hoping it's the push he needs to get his average into double digits....and he's nearly there, 9.52
Old September 29, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we should again bring back Shak n Tamim combination ...much better than Mushy n Riyad
Old September 30, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Mullah cant even match a VC, forget about him being captain. Only choice BD has is Shakib as captain and Mushi is VC. Rest are pure trash.
I think, this is the best suggestion... Wonder why he was left out and TI was made the VC?? Ohh those TI centuries in England must have been misleading our not so smart cric admins .....
Old October 1, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

As a captain Shakib is the best choice no doubt. But he has some discipline problem,plus he is a junior guy. I want to give shakib more time to mature as captain so i ll put him as VC. I dont see any option left than Mushy as captain.
Old October 1, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
As a captain Shakib is the best choice no doubt. But he has some discipline problem,plus he is a junior guy. I want to give shakib more time to mature as captain so i ll put him as VC. I dont see any option left than Mushy as captain.
hmmm....
Old October 1, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Wasn't he the best captain ever few days ago? Hint Hint Asia cup.

We need to Stop this musical chair drama. Yes Mushy is not the smartest one in the business but who is? Shakib? You guys really know how to kill the chicken that is hatching golden eggs for us.

It was a bad series. The whole team failed. Why blame Mushy alone? Pointing fingers at his interview skills? I highly doubt the words coming out of his mouth are his. He is uttering what he was told to utter.

Our team is going through a very difficult phase and we need to stand behind our team. Changing captain or kicking out a player or two will never do us any good. Have to fix the root problem and captaincy is definitely not the root problem. Like Shakib says we all know the cure but just don't act upon it...
Old October 1, 2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

We need to Stop this musical chair drama. Yes Mushy is not the smartest one in the business but who is? Shakib? You guys really know how to kill the chicken that is hatching golden eggs for us.

It was a bad series. The whole team failed. Why blame Mushy alone? Pointing fingers at his interview skills? I highly doubt the words coming out of his mouth are his. He is uttering what he was told to utter.

Our team is going through a very difficult phase and we need to stand behind our team. Changing captain or kicking out a player or two will never do us any good. Have to fix the root problem and captaincy is definitely not the root problem. Like Shakib says we all know the cure but just don't act upon it...
The reason why the blame is on Mushy is because he is one who seem to be going through the motions. Everytime someone bowls a short ball and gets punished mushy just stands there in awe, not even bother to have a chat with the bowler. Also, he fails to motivate the players and after being handed the captaincy his chirping has stopped.
Old October 1, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
The reason why the blame is on Mushy is because he is one who seem to be going through the motions. Everytime someone bowls a short ball and gets punished mushy just stands there in awe, not even bother to have a chat with the bowler. Also, he fails to motivate the players and after being handed the captaincy his chirping has stopped.
As far as I can remember,

Shafiul bowled a juicy short ball and was punished by Nazir. Mushy walked up to Shafiul and said something. Next ball, short ball again and same result. This time Mushy didn't bother..

Not defending Mushy here, but he can't spoon feed someone. I really think some players don't even listen to him and Lotus also said the same. Yes as a captain you should have the leading from the front capability but as a member of a team one must follow his captain's order. That is what team chemistry is all about.

Now how can players respect Mushy when BCB chief openly crticizes him? BD cricket is dying my friend, just don't blame Mushy for all this
Old October 1, 2012, 11:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Don't blame Mushy because we are not winning.
BCB chose Mushy knowing that he is not capable of doing the job. On the other hand Mushy should have never accepted the position but he probably wanted to cement his position in the team.
We had Shakib, Ashraful and VC Tamim and none was any good for the BCB chief.
What qualification Muhamudullah poseses to be the current VC is beyond me.
So, blaming a player will not fix anything. This is the culture of our system in the country and there's no end to it.
How many coaches we have had so far and where do we stand in the ranking today? Top management is out to make money for their own pockest and everything else is secondary.
Old October 1, 2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
As far as I can remember,

Shafiul bowled a juicy short ball and was punished by Nazir. Mushy walked up to Shafiul and said something. Next ball, short ball again and same result. This time Mushy didn't bother..

Not defending Mushy here, but he can't spoon feed someone. I really think some players don't even listen to him and Lotus also said the same. Yes as a captain you should have the leading from the front capability but as a member of a team one must follow his captain's order. That is what team chemistry is all about.

Now how can players respect Mushy when BCB chief openly crticizes him? BD cricket is dying my friend, just don't blame Mushy for all this
BD cricket dying? to be honest our cricket never took off. We were and we still are minnows in any format of the game. The issue is we need someone like Arjuna Ranatunga or Imran Khan. And we also need some coach who are really tough on the players.

Our players simply dont want to work hard enough. then again, we know that they are BD. Our people are easily satisfied with what they eat. In 1st world countries, companies that has 1 million dollar profit target 2 million dollar for the the next year. In BD, people are like: "onek kisu paisi to ar ki laigto?"

Luckily, cricket is played in every corner of the country. Sports academy focus mainly, or simply "only" on cricket. Otherwise our cricket wouldnt go anywhere. NZ and WI with such population can still produce such quality cricketers and thinking about it, in the present decades this 2 teams have somehow improved as opposed to the last decade
NZ boast players like Kalams, taylor, guptil, vettori, franklin, oram, and exciting youth players like williamson, nicol, southee, bracewell. They indeed have a bright future
WI are also a very young unit with the exception of gayle, rampaul and samuels. Bravos, charles, narine, edwards, cooper, roach, badree, pollard.
Old October 1, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

We need to Stop this musical chair drama. Yes Mushy is not the smartest one in the business but who is? ........
Mushy infact walked down after being hit twice and then he was hit for the third time.. Then again, it's not spoon feeding, it's about helping and encouraging him... Not that every time Mushy walks up he delivers a verse of cricket bible to him... The purpose is just to make him feel easy and let him know, he can still do it. And a captain in such situation have got to act also to slow down the game and allow him time to think by walking p to him. If they can strategize something meanwhile, that great.

Ya, we can't keep changing captains..l we have bigger problems to address. Captaincy needs improvement but changing isn't the solution...
Old October 1, 2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

^^

Agreed. Its mushfiq's job to do whatever it takes to help the team. regardless of whether his teammates dont suport him or not