facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Will we see a better Ashraful following the IPL debacle?
Yes, there is a big chance we 26 49.06%
No, remember it is Ashraful 22 41.51%
Not Sure 8 15.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 6, 2009, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I think he will perform a little better.

Old February 6, 2009, 07:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan

He won't be chosen very often but when he does the best he can hope for is a quick 20-30 runs off 15-20 balls and that will be probably his best innings

I would love to be proven wrong by Ashraful and he makes a fifty but I don't see it happening with the way he plays
Old February 6, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

MARK MY WORDS

Yes HE Can
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 6, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Nope, ashraful will always be ashraful.Nothing can change his mindset nothing!
Old February 6, 2009, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

it really depends on how much ashraful plays.

if he plays enough, and gets away from the bowlers - scoring sixties or seventies regularly, then the praise given by the likes of sachin and sanath will change him.
Old February 7, 2009, 12:49 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

. You are right. Ash is just an atom bomb. It only went off for real once in our lifetime (thank god) and Ash probably did a couple more times then that.

The best thing he can do is to prove to folks like me that he can have a consistent ODI/TEST year. As Beamer pointed out, this 20/20 is suited fo his format. It'll be a failure (which he is very familiar with) if he doesn't put up one or two great performances. Let's hope he gets a few chances.

Going by the recent 20/20 league, Ash have an average season. Only problem is, the quality of opposition is much tougher. Sakib would have been a better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
ash will be explosive for IPL 20/20. Mumbai just give him a damn game. he will make jaya cry. As i said earlier ash is just an atom bomb with such a low price for 20/20 game.
Old February 7, 2009, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
. You are right. Ash is just an atom bomb. It only went off for real once in our lifetime (thank god) and Ash probably did a couple more times then that.

The best thing he can do is to prove to folks like me that he can have a consistent ODI/TEST year. As Beamer pointed out, this 20/20 is suited fo his format. It'll be a failure (which he is very familiar with) if he doesn't put up one or two great performances. Let's hope he gets a few chances.

Going by the recent 20/20 league, Ash have an average season. Only problem is, the quality of opposition is much tougher. Sakib would have been a better choice.
At this stage i think
I know ash as you and most bd supoorters do.
I simply dont give up on ash as you(i guess) and most bd আমজনতা dont.

But this time i have found a new way to keep my hope as yours (consistent ODI/Test performance) alive. He is going to learn something much needed for his batting consistancy from his favourate player little master. and jaya is there too. As ash and coaches always mention he does very very well on net but something alaways go wrong in real matches. who knows it might be fixed. At net when he will thrush all mumbai bowlers he might get chance in first few matches.

lets cross our finger.
Old February 7, 2009, 02:45 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Never give up your hopes and dreams.

I gave up on Ash's maturity some time ago and still waiing to be proven wrong by him on a consistent (avg of 40, which is very reasonable) basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
At this stage i think
I know ash as you and most bd supoorters do.
I simply dont give up on ash as you(i guess) and most bd আমজনতা dont.

But this time i have found a new way to keep my hope as yours (consistent ODI/Test performance) alive. He is going to learn something much needed for his batting consistancy from his favourate player little master. and jaya is there too. As ash and coaches always mention he does very very well on net but something alaways go wrong in real matches. who knows it might be fixed. At net when he will thrush all mumbai bowlers he might get chance in first few matches.

lets cross our finger.

Last edited by Tehsin; February 8, 2009 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Edited homes to hopes
Old February 7, 2009, 03:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

JMTT !

He will do well I guess. Sachin, Jaya aren't in good form recently. I hope he will get a chance after 2/3 matches. I don't want to see him playing too early.
Old February 7, 2009, 05:13 AM
Banned

I think 20/20 is a "hit or miss" game. If Ash does get opportunity to play, he has to perform under pressure and may be in a cameo role. We all know how well Ash can perform under pressure. So chances are to see him shining in IPL is low. But I am happy that he is sold and will have opportunity to learn the skills to perform under pressure from top class players in training sessions. And also he deserves to be compensated for rejecting ICL.
Old February 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i think if ash gets opportunities he can convert them into successes
Old February 8, 2009, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel very bad for Ash when so many fans here bash him around all the time.
He might get a chance to play a few games, all depends if MI advance in the later stages. Dwayne Bravo will leave to return to England in early May for the series against England, so Ash has a chance. He has been trying to establish himself as an all rounder., I think you fans here dont realize that he is one of the best fielders in the BD side.I am sure he will emerge as a better player and person after practicing and interacting alongside some of the best cricketers in the world. i dont think that he is bothered about money, he is earning more than enough to have a comfortable life in BD, also he supports his family, always thinking about them.
Old February 8, 2009, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I feel very bad for Ash when so many fans here bash him around all the time.
He might get a chance to play a few games, all depends if MI advance in the later stages. Dwayne Bravo will leave to return to England in early May for the series against England, so Ash has a chance. He has been trying to establish himself as an all rounder., I think you fans here dont realize that he is one of the best fielders in the BD side.I am sure he will emerge as a better player and person after practicing and interacting alongside some of the best cricketers in the world. i dont think that he is bothered about money, he is earning more than enough to have a comfortable life in BD, also he supports his family, always thinking about them.
Zainab, I think you should know that we bash ash simply to vent our frustration at him. If he proves all of us wrong, we'll be ecstatic. It's what they called love gone sour. When I was 13, I saw a 16 year old bash the hell out of Murali and since that day, that boy always had a place in my heart. But through his foolish acts, he has hurt his fans so badly that now we're afraid to hope. That's where this heat is coming from. I don't know about Fazal but I think most of us would be truly happy for him if he performs.

And yes, Ash has the record for most catches in test matches by non- wicketkeeper bangladeshi player. We know.
Old February 8, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Zainab, I think you should know that we bash ash simply to vent our frustration at him. If he proves all of us wrong, we'll be ecstatic. It's what they called love gone sour. When I was 13, I saw a 16 year old bash the hell out of Murali and since that day, that boy always had a place in my heart. But through his foolish acts, he has hurt his fans so badly that now we're afraid to hope. That's where this heat is coming from. I don't know about Fazal but I think most of us would be truly happy for him if he performs.

And yes, Ash has the record for most catches in test matches by non- wicketkeeper bangladeshi player. We know.
I also witnessed a precocious young 16 yr old bashing Murali and Vass around, becoming the youngest player to score a maiden test century, and I fell in love with him, dont think that he has not disappointed me too, I feel like whacking him when he does foolish things, he has the ability to be one of the best in the world, but something clicks in his brains and he forgets that Allah gave him a precious gift and he throws it away. I still support him and am hoping that as he is still young, he will shine again, remember Dilshan is now shining and he is 31 yrs old. Ash still has time . on his side.
i feel that after this IPL stint, he will be a better player for the 20/20 games in England, Also Mash, but my favourite player Sakib has missed out.

Anyhow, let us pray that he progresses with time and Allah smiles on him.