facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2011, 02:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricadda
i am out of this thread....no reason to be here. pathetic.......shudhu shudhu akta thread.
oh no..bhaiya... plz stay..dont go.. apnake chara jei ei thread jombe na... plzz plzzz

Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Lol @ Asif bhai's Cindy Crawford comment.
He is into cougars, apparently..
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Swann did get fined. Do not bring that up to justify anything. Before we just to conclusion about whether he should or should not be fined, first we need to find out the facts. Do any of us know what lead him to do this? I don't think so. Point is, don't jump to conclusion without all the facts.

Now, the question is, what the hell was he doing? Was he sledging? As I said somewhere, that did not look like a sledging at all to me. It was straight forward "female dog-ing". Why? During the game all of his action should be toward the game. Sledging is part of the game and he should do it and do it well. That was a stupid act of getting out of control. He should not do that without a good reason.

But it's ok for you to jump to conclusions? Also what is this fascination with 'female-dog-ing' as you put it.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

All the talks about sissies, now that our players show some aggression, we still find ways to mince words.

We really need something else to do.

Like watching paint dry.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Fined? for what? for the look? for being a toigh cookie on the field?

What do we expect them to do? Consoling opoonents with a hand around the neck after getting out? Apologising?

Sorry Murad. I don't think Mushy did anything which should be condemned.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He should be fined, for dropping that catch, not for this stare-scream-lampooning. Must be a slow news day. Nothing here says fine.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
But it's ok for you to jump to conclusions? Also what is this fascination with 'female-dog-ing' as you put it.
Exactly what conclusion did I jumped to? All I said was that "if" this is true, do this and if this is not true do this. Where do you see the conclusion here?

What was he doing?
Old March 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.
Imagine Dhoni doing this to Shakib.
absolutely nothing wrong with that. dhoni doing theatrics is not why i don't like him (note: don't have anything against dhoni...totally neutral about him).

Mushy didn't say anything. And if he's a sissy for only doing it to minnows, then our entire team is a sissy for not being a top team. Our whole country is a sissy for not having nuclear weapons in a nuclear neighborhood. We could go on and on.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 14, 2011, 02:49 PM

For those who praise his action: how often should he be doing it. Does he need a reason or not. If a reason is needed, what are the valid reasons? If it is completely OK to do it, why not do it every single wicket, every single ball? Every single second?

For those who thinks he should not do it: should he not be doing it if the batsman started it and did not get the camera? Should he not sledge at all?

I see problem with both sides here.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

to everyone who thinks this was "unsportsmanlike":

this is the World Cup, which is greater than War...this ain't your sister's wedding.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 14, 2011, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

This thread had gone from "should Mushy be fined for his behavior" to "is Mushy a sissy" thread...
Old March 14, 2011, 02:59 PM

I think all are missing a point here. The goal of sledging should be to unsettle a batsman/his team mentally so they make mistakes. Mushy should do that at the best of his ability. His action did not do that. If anything it would make their teammates more determined because they would think: what a stupid guy. He seems mentally unsettled, lets unsettle him some more. Question is why do it, if it is not going to benefit it? Why waste your energy like that? If it is OK to waste your energy like that why not stand on one leg for half an hour? Why not try to scratch his back with his leg? Why do stupid things?

I am not saying he should be fined. But what was his justification for doing it? may be he needs to take a class or two on sledging.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I think all are missing a point here. The goal of sledging should be to unsettle a batsman/his team mentally so they make mistakes. Mushy should do that at the best of his ability. His action did not do that. If anything it would make their teammates more determined because they would think: what a stupid guy. He seems mentally unsettled, lets unsettle him some more. Question is why do it, if it is not going to benefit it? Why waste your energy like that? If it is OK to waste your energy like that why not stand on one leg for half an hour? Why not try to scratch his back with his leg? Why do stupid things?

I am not saying he should be fined. But what was his justification for doing it? may be he needs to take a class or two on sledging.
So what is the purpose of a fast bowler or any bowler showing the batsmen the way to the gates after getting him out. After all, there is nothing to unsettle, the bloke is already out.

Are you saying players are not allowed to be spontaneous?

Is this behaviour typical or atypical of Mushfiq? I think most would say it is a rarity...so something triggered it. We don't know what it was...maybe his gf told him he looks like an idiot with the sunscreen all over his face, or that she was dumping him for Jahurul... and the stumping helped him release his anger, and Kervezee happened to be infront of him, and copped it.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Picchi Dhainna Moricher Jhaaj Beshi.

No wonder why Rahim was punched in the face by a waiter in a local rest area rerestuarant few years back.

He looks bacha Bacha goo bechara.... he yells like a 10 years old boy.... he is shorter than a typical 10 yesr old boy.... but don;t make mistake.... he can make faces.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

it was simply rude and unnecessary. Usually people get involved due to provocation. Alexi didnt do anything.If i was Alexi I wouldnt have gone off without saying something back. Plus mushfiqs form has been horrible. He should focus more on his own problems than trying to play tough guy with fake aggression. Its not even like he bowled him and there was a contest between him and Alexi, he took an easy stumping and had dropped a catch earlier.Try that against a major team. I'd like to see him try that with Alexi in a parking lot, we all know who's gonna get their *** handed to them.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Picchi Dhainna Moricher Jhaaj Beshi.

No wonder why Rahim was punched in the face by a waiter in a local rest area rerestuarant few years back.

He looks bacha Bacha goo bechara.... he yells like a 10 years old boy.... he is shorter than a typical 10 yesr old boy.... but don;t make mistake.... he can make faces.
You are gonna start an-anti Mushy campaign too now that your arch-nemesis Ash is gone?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 14, 2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
So what is the purpose of a fast bowler or any bowler showing the batsmen the way to the gates after getting him out. After all, there is nothing to unsettle, the bloke is already out.
FYI, there are more than one out per innings. It unsettles his teammates who remains to be out. That is an effective sledging. Going to an out batsman and screaming with your fang out is not. If you do not see the difference, I give up trying to explain.
Quote:
Are you saying players are not allowed to be spontaneous?
How far are you willing to go while being spontaneous? Taking his trouser out and circle over his head?
Quote:
Is this behaviour typical or atypical of Mushfiq? I think most would say it is a rarity...so something triggered it. We don't know what it was...maybe his gf told him he looks like an idiot with the sunscreen all over his face, or that she was dumping him for Jahurul... and the stumping helped him release his anger, and Kervezee happened to be infront of him, and copped it.
I thought that was my point?

Anyway, I agree to disagree with you and we'll keep our own views. Please ignore remaining of my posts here.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
You are gonna start an-anti Mushy campaign too now that your arch-nemesis Ash is gone?
No...now that there is no hope replacing Rokibul (SN is the front runner), Naeem (Shuvo is the front runner), or Ryiad (look like he is back for good) actually I am trying to make room for Ash. Ash our new kebla kanto hasi wicketkeeper... he will dance but he will never confront with the opponent batsman.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:29 PM
BC Editorial Team

Clearly we have a bunch of "pukka sahib's" in the fan base. The kind who after a betani would go: "that was ever so lovely, may I have some more please". The object of the game is to take down your opponent. This means beating them in the game and beating them in their mind. Startle him, take him out of his comfort zone, beat him down so badly that he doesn't want to play/fight any more. If Mushy's antics gave Kervazee a reason to change his approach to the game - then good for Mushy!

Plus as many have said, we don't know what Alex had said before. So Mushy gave him a send off. Naeem did the same with Strauss in the last match. Big whoopty do. It means our boys are getting off their "nomro bhodro kholosh" and are getting ready to do business. Good for them.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

This is stupid
Old March 14, 2011, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Yeah, that's how I see it too. Except that from the replays, it didn't even look like he screamed at him (just opened his mouth to give him a nasty look), but hard to tell.

Again, even if he did, it's just sport.
ok...which sports it is? Screaming competition?
Sorry Asif Vai, I have to disagree with you. The incident was not part of the sports. As soon as Karvezee got out he was not no longer part of the game. He was leaving gently before Mushy making such gesture. Cricket is not renowned for such conduct. Imagine every bowler making such expression like Mushy after every dot ball...terrible. Thats why I am not appreciating Mushy.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Asif bhai and Hasan bhai, I'm not against sledging. I like it when the bowlers do it. But it is disgusting when you do it after getting a batsman out. It is against the spirit of cricket. And also it doesn't go with the image of Bangladesh team.

Mushy is a sissy. He wouldn't do anything like this if the batsman was from a top team.

Agree with you about Junaid. He is a coward!!
I agree, nobody here liked it when Swann told Junaid to "F off" after getting him out in that Test match where Junaid got a century, so we shouldn't be applauding Mushy for screaming in the face of a batsmen (particularly of a minnow team) after stumping him out.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco
its cool, you need the aggressiveness BUT i don't think you guys understand the point here. You show aggressiveness and sledge a bit when the match is tight, the dutch were just falling and the guy didn't even say anything to Mushfiqur so yelling like that after a batsman gets out and that too in a situation where he wasn't really hitting you up..that means you are being stupid and to be fairly honest he did look stupid, and thats different than being aggressive
exactly, even the commentators mentioned that it was unsportsmanlike, sledge as much as you like when the batsmen is batting but when he is out have some dignity. All the people who are advocating what he did what do you think of this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi4czgF_bXA

surely you don't think this is acceptable too. OK what Mushy did was not as extreme but it wasn't too far off, it's just not cricket
Old March 14, 2011, 04:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
Well Kerveezi was being real aggressive, hit shakib for a couple of fours in the previous over and wasn't showing any respect to far superior spinners...heck even when we play superior opposition their batsmen show some respect to our spinners...

I think that is what ticked mushfiq off...
what?? that is ridiculous, he is not allowed to hit boundaries off Shakib? I hope this was a sarcastic post otherwise
Old March 14, 2011, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

You are talking like our politians. "He did durnity a lot during his time...". Does not say what we are doing... Trying to find what other did. Shame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Fined?

He gave the batsman a look because he beat him to the ground by stumping him. He didn't swear - just gave him a strong look at made a monkey-like noise. I see nothing wrong with it. Far from something that deserves a fine.

I don't think he even deserves to be compared with a** like Kohli and Swann.