facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 24, 2005, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Maybe already discussed question but ...

Where are we with the pacer-hunt?

Has anyone being selected for special training or induction into the national squad?

Is there a follow-up to the pacer-hunt program for those in the top-bracket?

Is there a timeline for their availability for the national team?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Old December 24, 2005, 05:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think wascuruni (sp) polash was found and he seems to be promising. dont really know how fast he is.

does anyone know if polash is the same as wascuruni ahmed?

also i think dollar mahmud the U-19 opening bowler is from GP pacer hunt. i think he is fairly quick, tho i'll have to see it to believe it.
Old December 24, 2005, 11:07 PM
Street Cricketer

Kamrul Islam, under 19 pacer was also found.he is doing pretty good. another guy, i think his name is robin bowled pretty good in an exibition match.
Old December 24, 2005, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i'm not sure how good these guys are, though. i mean with the recent fast bowler hunt, we only went for the speedy ones. i have a faint suspicion that these guys don't have the accuracy of the ideal national teamer (or anything near that). if it is sheer pace that's getting them all those wickets, then that's bad news: not for them - seeing that they can be taught how to bowl a tighter line and length and do stuff with the ball - but for our cricket as a whole, since it indicates that our batters are not capable of dominating anything above a mere 135, no matter how much crap is thrown at them at that rate.

and i still believe that we'd be better of if we went for accuracy, movement, ability to exploit conditions, action, ability to use grey matter, etc along with speed when selecting a bunch from this competition. i wouldn't like to lose a gem bowling constantly at 132 to, say, a Sami bowling at 140 (now that's just a poke at Sami's current form, so no need to get pissed if you can't take things lightly).

Edited on, December 25, 2005, 4:16 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old December 25, 2005, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

The name of the project is “Grameen Phone Pacer Hunt” and our intention is and has been clear from the very beginning. Discover some raw speedy bowlers bring them under the program, mold them, teach them and groom them later on. This is a phase-by-phase process and it will take at least 2/3 years to get the results out of these bowlers.

We have a tendency to expect or see everything together from the very beginning and in a shortcut way. You cannot expect accuracy and swing in any raw talent at the beginning. Our officials were right on track on these issues and the new found bowlers are just started learning the tricks of playing crickets slowly and surely.

And one day we will have some good bowlers like others and this is a must and will bound to happen trust me.
Old December 25, 2005, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

All of the bowlers mentioned above are of the same level, i.e displaying competitiveness against certain type of oppostion. We will see in a few more years, who moves beyond this level (i.e of the U-19 matches played so far) No one is of test quality.