facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2005, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Well done Mashrafee..Well done Bangladesh!

Well.... I am quite happy for Mashrafee....

He might not have got a lot of wickets.. but a good reason for that would be lack of a capable consistant supporting bowler thoughout the whole series. And at times he was unlucky as well! But he bowled with all his heart and troubled each and every top batsmen of the two best teams of the world!!

He earned respects from everyone.... players, critics, analysts! Surely he deserves more wickets.. but he still is among the starts of this long series!!

This may be a list of our bright spots of the series:

Ashraful
Aftab
Mashrafee
Shahriar Nafees
And among the seniors: Khaled Masud & JO(Tests)

Well done Bangladesh overall!

Old June 30, 2005, 12:18 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Its a shame that nobody else could take a wicket when we needed one at the ending stages of the game, except Mashrafee
Old June 30, 2005, 12:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Its a shame that nobody else could take a wicket when we needed one at the ending stages of the game, except Mashrafee
well they tried hard, bowled with heart in their limitation. hope they could do well in future... but we really need one Mashrafee like bowler to keep the pressure on throughout.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:27 PM
Street Cricketer

Agree totally, Mashrafee is a classy bowler, him and Rafique try very hard for us. All we need is one more accurate seamer and our bowling attack will be very good.

Ashraful
Aftab
Mashrafee
Shahriar Nafees
Khaled Mashud
Javed Omar
Rafique
Bashar

Above players are all excellent players all we need is for them to be more consistent and BD will be a force. Great to see they crossed 200 a lot more consistently this tour it was good to watch. Also one thing I realised today watching the game, Bangladesh fielding (apart from Khaled Mahmud) was good, some good catches taken!

If we get rid of Khaled Mahmud that would be great too! I play 5th grade in Australia and the opening bowlers are 115-120kmh like him! Useless player!!!
Old June 30, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by gravitY
Quote:
well they tried hard, bowled with heart in their limitation. hope they could do well in future... but we really need one Mashrafee like bowler to keep the pressure on throughout.
That bowler will be Rajib
Old June 30, 2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Quote:
Quote:
rajib hasn't got anything other than height to be a successful bowler at the highest level. he could be a useful bowler in bd domestic cricket with no accuracy on line and length and 81mph speed.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:08 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

mashrafe needs a competent and consistent partner.. taposh is too expensive and his bowling line/length is too short and wide. we really need another quality pacer like mashrafe

Old June 30, 2005, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

When Coach Mcinness talks high about a player I tend think that he knows what he is talking about.

He was not wrong on Rahim and Sharrier Nafees and i'm sure he'll be right on Rajib
Old June 30, 2005, 01:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

cricman has a point. yo dorbesh....rajib does have other attributes of a fast bowler other than just his height. his pace, for once, is much faster than 81 mph. his control is also much better than what he demonstrated. he's an agressive bowler who is rated very highly by many cricket experts in bangladesh including mcinnes.

the thing is, many of us saw him for the first time at Lord's, on his debut test at the age of...err..i forgot..18? i really dont think we should judge him on that.

hope i made my case clear. anyways..for your entertainment here's a list of some upcoming (and a couple of older ones ) pacers who may partner up with masri in near future -

1. rajib
2. polash
3. sk russel
4. shafaq
5. talha
6. sharif
7. dolar (dollar?) mahmud
8. forgot..but there's a few more

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 6:18 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B

Ashraful
Aftab
Mashrafee
Shahriar Nafees

i agree with you.
plus a few lessons have to be learned:
-thin bowling line up( no wicket taker except mashree; we need at least 3)
-poor captaincy (bashar should attend a captaincy diploma course)
-temperment of young players( i did not like the way ash batted last 2 matches after showing so much potential and also aftab)
-end of chacha (a welcome big lose to bd cricket)
Old June 30, 2005, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Well done Bangladesh! Played like a tiger today and particularly Shahriar Nafees!!!!
Old June 30, 2005, 01:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

And also... players who have shown prospects in this series may get calls from the county teams in near future... as it appears!!

Best of luck on that!!
Old June 30, 2005, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
When Coach Mcinness talks high about a player I tend think that he knows what he is talking about.

He was not wrong on Rahim and Sharrier Nafees and i'm sure he'll be right on Rajib
with no disrespect to Mcinness or others, i expressed my own opinion from what i have seen. you can urgue that he will develope. only time will tell.
you should also know that no coach will tell negetives about their own players; they rate playres on the basis of the availability of the talent they have. so, if he rates him as bd no. 2 paceman, i wouldn't be disagree but he is far behind mashree.
Old June 30, 2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
his pace, for once, is much faster than 81 mph. his control is also much better than what he demonstrated. he's an agressive bowler who is rated very highly by many cricket experts in bangladesh including mcinnes.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 6:18 PM GMT, by shovon13.
well, i have recorded the tests he played and his fastest delivery was about 85mph averaging 81mph.
so if he can't demonstrate what he can do, on what grounds are you assuming he is a much better player?
i have read in this forum that he can bowl 90mph but i have not seen that and i will not believe until i see that.
Old June 30, 2005, 02:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

We are not even using Mashrafee fully... we hasd him for only 9 overs today, it does not make any sense in this close game. I think since they had wickets we should had him bowl the 46th over instead of chacha. There is no point to save him for future overs which had a little chance to arrive and that's what happened at the end.
Old June 30, 2005, 02:49 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
We are not even using Mashrafee fully... we hasd him for only 9 overs today, it does not make any sense in this close game. I think since they had wickets we should had him bowl the 46th over instead of chacha. There is no point to save him for future overs which had a little chance to arrive and that's what happened at the end.
You are absolutely correct. It shows the lack of judgement in Bashar's captaincy. This kind of bad captaincy cannot win you matches against quality side like Australia. Giving Mash'ee that 46th over could bring 1 or 2 more wickets and more respect to the margin of defeat.
Bangladesh need to make steps to educate the captain of how to use your best bowler for highest evel of cricket.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 7:51 PM GMT, by cyberboy.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:03 PM
Banned

well, i have suggested a diploma course in captaincy in this thread.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 8:15 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:18 PM
Street Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
Quote:
Originally posted by cyberboy
Quote:
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza

Bangladesh need to make steps to educate the captain of how to use your best bowler for highest evel of cricket.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 7:51 PM GMT, by cyberboy.
well, i have suggested a diploma course in captaincy in this thread.
Education does not only mean diploma or Phd. It also means give right directions and learning from mistakes.
Bangldesh cricket needs to learn from these experiences fast to utilize their huge talent.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

I hope Bashar will analyze the game and learn from his mistakes as anybody in the team is trying to do. He is the only option right now, I hope he has long and prolific career not as a batsman only but also as the captain.
Old June 30, 2005, 04:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Ashraful
Aftab
Mashrafee
Shahriar Nafees

Also I am happy for Mushfiqur Rahim. Even though he played just one test. By playing so well in the warmup matches, he made a very strong case for him to include in the test. And he did ok (if not great) in the test considering his age and experience in the national team.

Bottom line, he took full advantage of his last moment selection in the team for England tour.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 9:22 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 30, 2005, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Tests: F
ODI: A
Old June 30, 2005, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Mashrafe in any other team would get more wicket. Because of the defensive nature of Bashar and because of the quality of other bowlers, Mash bowls without a sleep(slip) fielder in the place except some initial overs. How he can get wicket. He should have even a gully fielder and attacking field. This is one of main reasons of his not getting more wicket in addition to lack of his supporting bowlers.
Old June 30, 2005, 07:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Quote:
Originally posted by FaridpurChicago
Mashrafe in any other team would get more wicket. Because of the defensive nature of Bashar and because of the quality of other bowlers, Mash bowls without a sleep(slip) fielder in the place except some initial overs. How he can get wicket. He should have even a gully fielder and attacking field. This is one of main reasons of his not getting more wicket in addition to lack of his supporting bowlers.
you are correct.
Old June 30, 2005, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
agreed.
Old June 30, 2005, 09:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

My score for the series:

Tests: D -
Could have performed better in the first test, and translated to even better performence in 2nd test. Inability to force test at least at least a 4th day was disappointing...
Highlights were Aftab's performance in the second test, and more solid batting in the 2nd test. Negatves... well.. let's not go there for now

ODI: A -
I think they did excellently, particularly against the Aussies in the 1st and 3rd meetings. I couldn't give an A because of the poor performances against England (despite the slight improvment in the 2nd last match), and the 2nd match against teh Aussies, where the batting was atrocious.
Highlights: Individually, Ashraful, Nafees and Mortaza played very very well, but what was most impressive was the way each player supported each other and really strove to win each match. It was evident they wanted to win each match, ratehr than focussing on small milestones. Excellent!