facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Remember Baundale, you need to have the data to backup why you have a swagger (or ATTITUDE, as you call it).

Your Bangladesh team cannot even score at 4 runs per over, play out 50 overs, or score 200 runs.

AND YOU WANT THEM TO EXCEED 233 in 40 overs. Who are you exactly?

Let me see you walking down the hwy with an attitude that no car is going to knock you over. Maybe that's gonna really happen then.

Bangladesh has been tests for 7 years, but from Sunday's team, who has ?

Ashraful - 6 years
Mash - 5 years
Raj - 4 years

And the rest...averaging 1 year.

GTH

Old June 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Is he capable of not followin the coach? Can any player of any team do that?
Razzak did that. He scored a 25-ball 26. Razzak should be punished, ok?

Quote:
Look at the following probably you will understand why he had to take no risk and hold a end:

Fall of wickets1-35 (Shahriar Nafees, 8.3 ov), 2-49 (Tamim Iqbal, 12.2 ov), 3-62 (Raqibul Hasan, 15.6 ov), 4-67 (Alok Kapali, 18.2 ov), 5-98 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 26.4 ov), 6-118 (Mahmudullah, 29.3 ov), 7-118 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 29.6 ov), 8-121 (Dolar Mahmud, 30.6 ov)

He was the most sensible player yesterday. If there was another at the early stage, possibly they could take the team to a stage from where an allout attack could get a win. There was none to play with some sense with him.
To score at 5.9 rpo in a 40 overs match does not need an all-out blind attack. Playing sensibly and taking the singles regularly just does that. Razzak and Tamim played better innings than Ashfool. But I don't want to emphasize much on that. I care much less about winning or losing. Everything I care about is the attitude, planning and executing the plan properly. If the opponent is a better team, in terms of players' quality, planning and execution, they can win. But it does not mean that I should just give up the thought of winning. Cricket is a game of uncertainity. Once the fielding side gets that the batsmen are playing for losses they will simply grind you. You have to try to fight back. YOu win or lose, I just want to see you tried.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
Remember Baundale, you need to have the data to backup why you have a swagger (or ATTITUDE, as you call it).

Your Bangladesh team cannot even score at 4 runs per over, play out 50 overs, or score 200 runs.

AND YOU WANT THEM TO EXCEED 233 in 40 overs. Who are you exactly?

Let me see you walking down the hwy with an attitude that no car is going to knock you over. Maybe that's gonna really happen then.

Bangladesh has been tests for 7 years, but from Sunday's team, who has ?

Ashraful - 6 years
Mash - 5 years
Raj - 4 years

And the rest...averaging 1 year.

GTH
Pundit bhai,

it's because of the attitude. We have the ability for sure. We can win against Aus chasing 250. That match was not a 'jhore bock'. Ashfool, HB, Aftab everyone just kept the basic right.

Changing the team so frequently indicates the problem with the management. Everytime we get a new set of players, we get a new coach, then we say we need 2 years to develop this 'young side'. After two years, the team changes, the coach changes and again we become 'a young side'. This simply does not work in professional world.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
At the same time, my first discards will be those players who play for losses.
I agree bro on this, you have two choices:

1. Discrad the coach: because he is the one telling the boys that they can't win. According to him you even don't understand cricket at all, how can you think of winning against #6 team?

2. Discard all fifteen and take a new fifteen and didcard them before taking. Becoz only those will be allowed by the coach to play who will not concentrate on winning.

This is his approach of coaching if you want to give him more time then just relax and don't think of winning. Hope he will bring results with some more time than we expect.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Even thought its true (what he is saying), these kind of comments publickly is very demoralizing and kind of 'moral busting' for a young team when its comming from the Captain. On paper there was supposed to be 6/7 batsman in the team. Now if The captain publickly says that there is only one batsman besides himself that he have trust and the rest are no good....then I have to say that Ash is a quick learner in one sense .... learning from Siddon very quickly how to demoralize his young team with his comments.
That's one of of seeing this. I think the message should be interpreted a bit more positively. If you know that Ash is the only player capable of making those big scores against any team then he's right to send that message to Ash. When the message is clear to Ash and he starts scoring regularly, others players will follow suit because he will have left a precedence to follow. It's not to demoralize (others) young players but to further emphasize his importance in our batting line up. It's very surprising though that a player in the national team doesn't realize this on his own. I am hoping it will work out for best. Based on our record we never win games where we have to score close to 6 runs an over and even if Ash played aggressively when he was, we still wouldn't have won the game because the players who could have won the game for us were in the pavillion. We lose a lot games trying to reinvent the wheel so losing another for the sake of self-improvement may not be such a bad thing if things work out for Ashraful.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Faruque's comments -
সাবেক প্রধান নির্বাচক ফারুক আহমেদ ক্ষতি দেখছেন অনেক। পাকিস্তান ম্যাচ দেখার পর এখন তাকে বলতে হচ্ছে, "ওই ম্যাচটা দেখার পর খুব বাজে অনুভূতি হয়েছে আমার। দলের মানসিকতায় ব্যাপক সমস্যা আছে বলে মনে হয়েছে। মনে হয়েছে আমরা সাত আট বছর আগে ফিরে গেছি। যখন অল্পতে অলআউট হয়ে যেন লজ্জায় না পড়ি, সেজন্য দলের লক্ষ্যই থাকত পুরো ওভার খেলে দেওয়া। এটা মোটেও ভালো লক্ষণ নয়।"

সেই সঙ্গে ফারুক এ-ও যোগ করতে ভুললেন না, "প্রশিক্ষক মনে করছেন আমাদের বড় জয়গুলো ঝড়ে বক মরার মতো। এজন্য শূন্য থেকে শুরুর চেষ্টা চলছে। আমি শূন্য থেকে শুরুর কোনো কারণ দেখি না। গত বিশ্বকাপে আমরা দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে গিয়েছিলাম। দুটো বড় ম্যাচ জিতেছিলাম। এরপর সবাই এমনকি আমাদের গুণতেও শুরু করেছিল। এখন আমরা আবার আগের অবস্থায় চলে যাচ্ছি। মাঝখানে কিছুদিন খারাপ সময় যাওয়ার পর এখন আত্মবিশ্বাস বাড়ানোর জন্য নেতিবাচকভাবে চেষ্টা করছি আমরা।"

তাহলে কি এখন এই বাংলাদেশকেই দেখতে হবে!
Old June 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I agree bro on this, you have two choices:

1. Discrad the coach: because he is the one telling the boys that they can't win. According to him you even don't understand cricket at all, how can you think of winning against #6 team?

2. Discard all fifteen and take a new fifteen and didcard them before taking. Becoz only those will be allowed by the coach to play who will not concentrate on winning.

This is his approach of coaching if you want to give him more time then just relax and don't think of winning. Hope he will bring results with some more time than we expect.
In professsional world, they'll have to fight for their places in the team. This is the only way how you'll get quality players in a team. Everyone has got to play for wins. The end result is usually of lower priority than the approach with which the situation is faced. Thirst for success is the first thing that one needs to be successful. This thirst followed by proper planning and execution of those plans in a dynamic way is the key to success. Winning is a habit, losing is also the same. SO, it's your choice which habit you'd go for.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

TO do better, we need Syed Rasel in the bowling line up. NOt Rajib the Fastest crap ODI bowler.

Rasel used to give us the break through during the first powerplay in almost all the matches. But nowadays, we don't see much of that.

We used to give around 4.5-5 an over before and now we give over 6 an over.

we used to restrict the opponents better that Pak for less than 250 in most of the matches but now we can't even restrict the Ireland for less.

That's what happens when you drop your most consistent bowler.

Selectors listened to the coach who says Rasel has no pace and cannot be in the team. Rajib has pace and he should play.

They also dropped Rafique, who was doing better than most of the bowlers.

I think Ashraful and other players are having problem with both selector and the coach. Maybe Ash wants some players but Coach rejects it.

Just like in the last match they brought in another new player in place of Reza, who was bowling quite well in the last few games.

Selectors and the coach are to be blamed for everything at the moment.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Salaam bro,
That is your perception. Mine is Aftab can only play the #4 type. He is trying to learn the #1. Ash can play #1 and #4. He has long way to go to learn #2 and #3 in ODIs. The one who can play all for is Mohammad Yusuf. If you want to compare then compare with the standard.
no doubt yousuf is a class act, but perhaps tendulkar is the ultimate batting paragon. i am sure tendu has had 1,2,3,4 gear ability as well. yousuf might have, but he seems to be a guy who stays in 2-3 gear 95% of the time.

certainly ash has 4 gear capability, sohel bhai will vouch for that. but i think aftab has that too. its a matter of management and situation and desire to dominate. we put aftab in at #3, and because of one opener getting out inside 5 overs 99% if the time, it makes aftab a de facto opener. he goes in with the license to exploit the power plays, and has a hard time settling down afterwards. he will learn with some more time. we don't have the domestic setup others do, where everything can be learned at domestic or A team level. the Test/ODI arena IS our classroom. and is the unfortunate thing.

but i am completely willing to pay that price for the ultimate goal. i had no real problems watching yesterday's match. in fact i was rooting for ash to not play stupid and to remain unbeaten. that innings didn't bother me.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Razzak did that. He scored a 25-ball 26. Razzak should be punished, ok?
No, Because Razzaq is a bowler, so he is expected to get a little flexibility in Batting.

Quote:
To score at 5.9 rpo in a 40 overs match does not need an all-out blind attack. Playing sensibly and taking the singles regularly just does that. Razzak and Tamim played better innings than Ashfool. ....
In your logic, riyad did better that all our batters yesterday, 100 strike rate. 7 in 7 balls. if that's your yardstick.

When did we last win by chasing at 5.9 rpo against a test playing nation less Zim? But still it could be possible, but why blame your highest scorer for that?
Old June 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Faruque's comments -
সাবেক প্রধান নির্বাচক ফারুক আহমেদ ক্ষতি দেখছেন অনেক। পাকিস্তান ম্যাচ দেখার পর এখন তাকে বলতে হচ্ছে, "ওই ম্যাচটা দেখার পর খুব বাজে অনুভূতি হয়েছে আমার। দলের মানসিকতায় ব্যাপক সমস্যা আছে বলে মনে হয়েছে। মনে হয়েছে আমরা সাত আট বছর আগে ফিরে গেছি। যখন অল্পতে অলআউট হয়ে যেন লজ্জায় না পড়ি, সেজন্য দলের লক্ষ্যই থাকত পুরো ওভার খেলে দেওয়া। এটা মোটেও ভালো লক্ষণ নয়।"

সেই সঙ্গে ফারুক এ-ও যোগ করতে ভুললেন না, "প্রশিক্ষক মনে করছেন আমাদের বড় জয়গুলো ঝড়ে বক মরার মতো। এজন্য শূন্য থেকে শুরুর চেষ্টা চলছে। আমি শূন্য থেকে শুরুর কোনো কারণ দেখি না। গত বিশ্বকাপে আমরা দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে গিয়েছিলাম। দুটো বড় ম্যাচ জিতেছিলাম। এরপর সবাই এমনকি আমাদের গুণতেও শুরু করেছিল। এখন আমরা আবার আগের অবস্থায় চলে যাচ্ছি। মাঝখানে কিছুদিন খারাপ সময় যাওয়ার পর এখন আত্মবিশ্বাস বাড়ানোর জন্য নেতিবাচকভাবে চেষ্টা করছি আমরা।"

তাহলে কি এখন এই বাংলাদেশকেই দেখতে হবে!
We all have the same concern on JS, I still don't know why there is no clear explanation on the logics of such an approach by the coach or BCB?
Old June 9, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

bring rasel back, drop shahdat
bring rofique back, still he considers the best spin bowler of Bangladesh
bring Javed Omar back, i know he plays slow, but he can make good pertnership with tamim

We want the team like 2007 world cup team, seniors and juniors mix. seniors encourage junior players. Juniors players get encourage and will perform...
Old June 9, 2008, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I watched the Ash innings, and not for a single moment it felt like he knew what he was doing. It seemed he was totally uncomfortable and was lucky to not get out somehow. I dont think this has anything to do with Ash changing or Siddon teaching something.

Siddons will take any positive right now to validate himself.
Old June 9, 2008, 01:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Sorry to be a party pooper, but I watched the Ash innings, and not for a single moment it felt like he knew what he was doing. It seemed he was totally uncomfortable and was lucky to not get out somehow. I dont think this has anything to do with Ash changing or Siddon teaching something.

Siddons will take any positive right now to validate himself.
i watched the entire innings as well...

first 10 balls he faced, ash could have gotten out 5 times (he was playing across the line like a bolod supreme). then he nearly holed out to gul when he was on 15 aprox. then misbah grassed a ross taylor catch a few balls later.

but the last 2/3 of ash's innings, he played OK in the sense that the bowlers didn't trouble him, he didn't play any rash shots, and he scored 40 runs off those 60 balls roughly, mostly by taking singles and doubles.

the only thing was that he never had the intent of upping the ante and chasing, but by the time he got settled (he was waaay out of form), we were already 4-5 wickets down and chasing would just have made things worse.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 9, 2008, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

ash scored 13 off his first 30 balls, which means his last 43 off his last 63.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 9, 2008, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

in the match at cardiff, ash had 18 off his first 33...which is quite slow. but he built the innings into a run a ball hundred.

against south africa, he was 11 off his first 21, to finish with 87 from just 83.

he can start off in 1st or 2nd gear and bring it up in 3rd or even 4th.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 9, 2008, 01:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
in the match at cardiff, ash had 18 off his first 33...which is quite slow. but he built the innings into a run a ball hundred.

against south africa, he was 11 off his first 21, to finish with 87 from just 83.

he can start off in 1st or 2nd gear and bring it up in 3rd or even 4th.
So 5% of the time, makes you think he can? How about the other 95% of the time? He can't do it. Call me when that 5% gets to 20% at least. For Aftab #2 and #3 is 1%.
Old June 9, 2008, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

The result of the match was loud and clear much before the 30th over. So he didn't have the motivation either to increase his SR. Last 10 overs it was clear that Ash just wanted to bat it out without losing wickets.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pundit bhai,

it's because of the attitude. We have the ability for sure. We can win against Aus chasing 250. That match was not a 'jhore bock'. Ashfool, HB, Aftab everyone just kept the basic right.

Changing the team so frequently indicates the problem with the management. Everytime we get a new set of players, we get a new coach, then we say we need 2 years to develop this 'young side'. After two years, the team changes, the coach changes and again we become 'a young side'. This simply does not work in professional world.
Baundel bhai,

We have lost two very important senior players..one to form, and the other to age. Also, Nafees plays as if he never played before.

Also, when did we change a coach after 2 years? Whatmore was here for a far longer time. We've one before due to the magic of Ashraful, and unless you really are a magician, you cannot expect that to happen everyday.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim/Sachin/Dada/Pilot

BD will not be able to attract any foreign coach after JS. They would have to settle for local coaches with pot belly and lazy attitude. Whatmore was amazing for BD.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash$$$
BD will not be able to attract any foreign coach after JS. They would have to settle for local coaches with pot belly and lazy attitude. Whatmore was amazing for BD.
but....but.... Dave had a pot belly or rather I would say beer belly.... and as a matter of fact he was pretty proud of it.... at times in summer he would be top-less to show off his beer belly.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim/Sachin/Dada/Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
but....but.... Dave had a pot belly or rather I would say beer belly.... and as a matter of fact he was pretty proud of it.... at times in summer he would be top-less to show off his beer belly.
yes but the only diff between him and our potbelly uncles is that he's Australian. Remember Merv Hughes?
Old June 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
ash scored 13 off his first 30 balls, which means his last 43 off his last 63.
Minus the maiden by Younis its 43 off 57. That over was funny to watch tho.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
yes but the only diff between him and our potbelly uncles is that he's Australian.
But what so good about Australian Bhuri and whats so bad about our local Bhuri ? They drink beer to make bhuri we eat rice to make bhuri... the net result is same... a nice well shaped bhuri.
Plus Dav is a Sri Lankan origin... and therefore I am not sure if his Bhuri is made up with rice ot beer.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash$$$
yes but the only diff between him and our potbelly uncles is that he's Australian. Remember Merv Hughes?
lol, merv is not icon for pot belly in the Australian team. Boon is. In other teams would be Gatting, Ranatunga. But the one takes it all is the Bermuda guy!! He is the boss of the boss!! hands down #1. The wannabe Newzealand guy has nothing on him.