facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2011, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

woah, a lot of hate for Nafees here, although I agree his performance wasn't great, but it was the same case for the rest of the team, I think the bunch of players in the team right now really deserve their spots on the basis of either experience or potential

I really don't think making scapegoats out of a few players will improve the team significantly.

Old December 2, 2011, 08:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Drop them all.
Lets give the girls a chance.
hmm,meyeder dei ar tara Afridi ar Gul er dike haa kore takio thakuk ebong clean bowled hoye jaak, taito?
Old December 2, 2011, 08:54 AM
Cricket Sage

If we drop one of these SN/Imrul/Farhad/Naeem/Riyad/Razzak/etc/ its fine with me.... but instead of bringing back another old reject let's bring a new blood or two. Nasir and Sunny proved that we have few more gems still hiding nad just waiting for opportunity.

I say nagta-er abar lozza ki? What we have to loose? Lets try to find few more gems by giving new players a chance.

Last edited by Fazal; December 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old December 2, 2011, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Riyad should be stripped of vice-captaincy. He is not an auto-selection in any form of the game especially with the emergence of Nasir. SN should be kicked out permenantly. His 50s come in selfish causes. His last 50 v Australia came at a SR of 69 chasing 360. Naeem should be restricted to the Test team for now. And Nasir should be promoted up the order. Mominul I think is ready to be brought in to the team while Anamul and Asif need to be blooded with the A team for a year and then brought into the national team.
Old December 2, 2011, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Pakistan attack is too good for our batters' technique. I am not expecting anything good from our players for this series. I will try my best not to follow the match on tv, it is more comfortable following this BD in cricinfo!

Ash is lucky that he can score runs against 2nd grade divisional teams and will return to national team for the next series.
Old December 2, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

The innings of Nafees in the 1st odi was one of the most pathetic innings i saw . I think Naeem will be still useful with the bat in no. 6-7 . But he has no clue against the new ball . I want Nafees and Riad to be dropped . lets give Sakib and Nasir a go at no. 3 and 4 and hope for a better result . Also want to give Imrul a last chance in this last 2 odi. poor selection of the 15 men squad as there is no genuine no. 3 and 4 batsman.
Old December 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If we drop one of these SN/Imrul/Farhad/Naeem/Riyad/Razzak/etc/ its fine with me.... but instead of bringing back another old reject let bring a new blood or two. Nasir and Summy proved we have few more gems still hiding in the just waiting for opportunity.

I say nagta-er abar lozza ki? What we have to loose? Lets try to find few more gems by giving new players a cahnce.
Totaly agree with you. The selectors are playing safe. They are not taking risk of giving chances to the new players. They are just shuffling old rejected players . There should have been some new faces after the failure of Zimbabwe.
Old December 2, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Riyad should be stripped of vice-captaincy. He is not an auto-selection in any form of the game especially with the emergence of Nasir. SN should be kicked out permenantly. His 50s come in selfish causes. His last 50 v Australia came at a SR of 69 chasing 360. Naeem should be restricted to the Test team for now. And Nasir should be promoted up the order. Mominul I think is ready to be brought in to the team while Anamul and Asif need to be blooded with the A team for a year and then brought into the national team.
no disrespect but do you believe mominul is ready because of his performances on the recent A tour? did you actually get to see him play? his stats are pretty average tbf and i'm not trying to put the guy down or down grade his A team performances but i don't think it's fair to call him to the national team on a couple of good A team performances when he's not done much domestically, ahead of guys who weren't given the A team chance (not their fault) and have performed really well domestically.

anamul and asif have proven they can score consistently, this is something mominul is yet to prove. he got a 150 a 40 odd and a 20 odd in one tour, how do we know this isn't just one good tour for him? also the 150 is impressive but his other scores are really just the best of a bad bunch, it wasn't a high scoring tour for the BD A team.

mominul might be ready but i don't think we should get to excited over one tour at least not to the point where we dismiss the options of anamul and asif, besides anamul and asif are top 3 bastmen whereas mominul isn't and our main problem is the #2 and #3 spots.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
no disrespect but do you believe mominul is ready because of his performances on the recent A tour? did you actually get to see him play? his stats are pretty average tbf and i'm not trying to put the guy down or down grade his A team performances but i don't think it's fair to call him to the national team on a couple of good A team performances when he's not done much domestically, ahead of guys who weren't given the A team chance (not their fault) and have performed really well domestically.

anamul and asif have proven they can score consistently, this is something mominul is yet to prove. he got a 150 a 40 odd and a 20 odd in one tour, how do we know this isn't just one good tour for him? also the 150 is impressive but his other scores are really just the best of a bad bunch, it wasn't a high scoring tour for the BD A team.

mominul might be ready but i don't think we should get to excited over one tour at least not to the point where we dismiss the options of anamul and asif, besides anamul and asif are top 3 bastmen whereas mominul isn't and our main problem is the #2 and #3 spots.
Mominul was the best batsman out of the 3 in the Academy team. He was extremely consistent in those matches especially in the 4 day matches. To me, I rate those performances higher then the NCL performances even though I do credit both Anamul and Asif for their consistent performances in the NCL. So I believe he does deserve to be in the conversation along with these 2.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Consistency is an issue with Mominul and I too wouldn't be comfortable bringing him in based on a handful of performances. Anamul and Asif seem more consistent in comparison, but it's still very very early for either of them. I'm all up for giving all three more FC, DPL, academy and A team games as and when appropriate. We need to see how all of them fare against quality opposition, so the more games they play against other A teams the better we can judge. Maybe someone who has seen them bat can comment on whether they're ready yet, but if there's any doubt at all, we should probably sacrifice short term gain for long term glory. Giving them more time can't hurt.

In the meantime, what do we do about the sissies in the top order? What I saw in the first ODI was alarming - we had no clue how to keep the scoreboard ticking against what was some not-so-threatening bowling on a not-so-threatening pitch. The inability of our batsmen to work the ball around and pick ones and twos isn't anything new, but then if you can't do that, then what the heck are you doing in international cricket?
Old December 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Mominul was the best batsman out of the 3 in the Academy team. He was extremely consistent in those matches especially in the 4 day matches. To me, I rate those performances higher then the NCL performances even though I do credit both Anamul and Asif for their consistent performances in the NCL. So I believe he does deserve to be in the conversation along with these 2.
To add to that Mominul was also one of the best batsmen in the Premier League last season playing for one of the weaker teams. Unfortunately those performances aren't counted as FC/List A . He was also one of the few players who impressed in the BCB cup before the WI series. It's not just his performances in the Caribbean that needs to be considered. Look at how the other batsmen performed in that tour tour especially the senior ones like Jahirul, Zunaed, Rokibul and Shuvagoto. He was head and shoulders above them. It's great that Anamul and Asif are performing in the NCL but NCL is nowhere near the level of A team/Academy cricket. Selecting them before they have even represented the A team would be a grave mistake.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Consistency is an issue with Mominul and I too wouldn't be comfortable bringing him in based on a handful of performances. Anamul and Asif seem more consistent in comparison, but it's still very very early for either of them. I'm all up for giving all three more FC, DPL, academy and A team games as and when appropriate. We need to see how all of them fare against quality opposition, so the more games they play against other A teams the better we can judge. Maybe someone who has seen them bat can comment on whether they're ready yet, but if there's any doubt at all, we should probably sacrifice short term gain for long term glory. Giving them more time can't hurt.

In the meantime, what do we do about the sissies in the top order? What I saw in the first ODI was alarming - we had no clue how to keep the scoreboard ticking against what was some not-so-threatening bowling on a not-so-threatening pitch. The inability of our batsmen to work the ball around and pick ones and twos isn't anything new, but then if you can't do that, then what the heck are you doing in international cricket?
There should be no "in the mean time" with guys like Nafees, Imrul, and Naeem. Their proving time and again that they just don't have the ability to bat in the top order in international cricket. Batsmen that have the inability to rotate the strike should be done away with unless they could hit boundaries to make up for it which Tamim does. Those 3 can't even do that though. It's just a waste of time investing in guys like that. I would like Naeem to be tried as our #4 in Tests but Nafees and Imrul should be out of all forms of the game.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
To add to that Mominul was also one of the best batsmen in the Premier League last season playing for one of the weaker teams. Unfortunately those performances aren't counted as FC/List A . He was also one of the few players who impressed in the BCB cup before the WI series. It's not just his performances in the Caribbean that needs to be considered. Look at how the other batsmen performed in that tour tour especially the senior ones like Jahirul, Zunaed and Shuvagoto. He was head and shoulders above them. It's great that Anamul and Asif are performing in the NCL but NCL is nowhere near the level of A team/Academy cricket. Selecting them before they have even represented the A team would be a grave mistake.
Good point. I forgot about the DPL. He was actually the 2nd highest scorer in last year's DPL scoring 546 runs in 11 matches with 2 hundreds and 3 fifties.

Here's the link

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...g_by_Runs.html
Old December 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
There should be no "in the mean time" with guys like Nafees, Imrul, and Naeem. Their proving time and again that they just don't have the ability to bat in the top order in international cricket. Batsmen that have the inability to rotate the strike should be done away with unless they could hit boundaries to make up for it which Tamim does. Those 3 can't even do that though. It's just a waste of time investing in guys like that. I would like Naeem to be tried as our #4 in Tests but Nafees and Imrul should be out of all forms of the game.
Are there other, more seasoned players in the pipeline then? Anyone that I can think of reminds me of the "jei lau shei kodu" proverb.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Are there other, more seasoned players in the pipeline then? Anyone that I can think of reminds me of the "jei lau shei kodu" proverb.
There is really not an ideal situation right now but might as well give Anamul and Asif time with the national team and develop them rather then just trying to develop deadwoods like Imrul and Nafees. They've had lots of time to improve their games but it seems to me this is the best that they are and they've reached their limits. Same thing happened with Junaid and Rokibul.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Talking about seasoned players, the ones worth considering are --

Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahmed
Rajin Saleh
Enam Jnr
Farhad Hossain
Mosharraf
Nazimuddin

I know all these players were given chances. But these are the best seasoned players out there. Tushar Imran and Nazimuddin might be the best two bet. I say bring in 1 new blood from Asif, Anamul, Mominul and one from the old bunch e.g Tushar, Nazim.
I don't know. As I said, jei lau shei kodu. At least most of them. We could give Rajin/Nazimuddin a look and maybe even Farhad Hossain, but in the A team first. Not sure we need any more SLAs. Last and least, Tushar and Aftab are crap.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

From what I have seen, Shuvagoto is a good prospect that should've played in this series. The way Nafees and Nayeem played were really disappointing and unacceptable. Alok is definitely a better choice than Nayeem right now. I want Nasir to bat at number 6.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Tushar is again doing very well this season.

He is third in the list right after Asif and Nazim. 3 50s and 1 century with an avg of 43!
Old December 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Tushar is another proven failure. Aftab is still a dismal batsman who has just 1 FC century in his whole career. Rajin could be a good option for tests. We could try Nazim again in the A team and see if he can score against the England Lions. If he can then we should definitely consider him but I have my doubts with him.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

It's true though that now is a better time than any to experiment ahead of, let's say, the World Cup in 2015. We need players who will thrive in difficult conditions, or we'll lose to Turkmenistan on them green tops down under. If we can't come up with a strong combo in three and a half years' time, we might as well give up and go back to playing danguli, losing to Greenland while at it.
Old December 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
It's true though that now is a better time than any to experiment ahead of, let's say, the World Cup in 2015. We need players who will thrive in difficult conditions, or we'll lose to Turkmenistan on them green tops down under. If we can't come up with a strong combo in three and a half years' time, we might as well give up and go back to playing danguli, losing to Greenland while at it.
This is exactly my point. What's the point of continuing with guys that we know are gonna continue to suck? We already have Tamim, Mushy, and Shakib who we can build the team around. Now we have to find players that can help those 3 out. Nasir has proven that he's got the balls to play international cricket and is here to stay. Now we gotta find some more class players. If we put this team out in the 2015 WC, we would get hammered. So we gotta try to find a combination that could put up a fight and win on a regular basis.
Old December 2, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Talking about seasoned players, the ones worth considering are --

Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahmed
Rajin Saleh
Enam Jnr
Farhad Hossain
Mosharraf
Nazimuddin

I know all these players were given chances. But these are the best seasoned players out there. Tushar Imran and Nazimuddin might be the best two bet. I say bring in 1 new blood from Asif, Anamul, Mominul and one from the old bunch e.g Tushar, Nazim.
I still believe Rajin Saleh has what it takes to be our #4 in TEST. This guy has solid defence and has the ability to bat for long time. This guy has all the potentials to be our Wall.
Old December 2, 2011, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

We have to be careful though and make sure we pick the right players for the right formats. Some of these guys have terrible List A stats, although they might have done OK in the DPL.
Old December 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I still believe Rajin Saleh has what it takes to be our #4 in TEST. This guy has solid defence and has the ability to bat for long time. This guy has all the potentials to be our Wall.
Rajin Saleh, now that's a name i haven't heard in ages
Old December 2, 2011, 12:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Out of all those seasoned players mentioned above I think Farhad Hossain would be a good option in Tests, he has been consistently one of the top run scorers in the NCL. Nazimuddin is another possibility, but both these guys have to prove themselves in the A team. However I'm not sure if they would be suited for ODIs, we have to be careful not to choose players in the wrong format.