facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2011, 07:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Lotus Kamal has no idea!

Yesterday night channel i had an exclusive interview of Lotus Kamal in regards to the world cup. At one stage of the discussion the great President of BCB went on to say that our team is very young in age as a result we crumbled under pressure. He states that our oldest player is Ashraful who is 26 yrs of age. At that moment the presenter goes on to say "I believe the oldest player in the team is Abdur Razzak". The great Lotus goes on to say that he knows the age of all the players and Abdur Razzak is 23 yrs of age.

I was so surprised at the statement that the first thing that came to my mind is how is this idiot still the president of BCB. If the president of the cricket board does not even know the age of one of the key member of the team, then the thought crosses my mind that this man has other interests in being the president of our cricket board other than knowing his cricket.

Last edited by BostonTigers; March 22, 2011 at 07:07 AM..
Old March 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The matter's already being discussed in another thread. Maybe the MODS could merge the two.

BostonTigers bro, you've probably been away from Bangladesh for too long to remember the type of ego and ignorance-fueled alga matobbori quite commonplace amongst most decision-makers here. Loitta is a renowned club cricket organizer BTW, so go figure ...

Incompetence-R-Us!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 23, 2011, 02:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
The matter's already being discussed in another thread. Maybe the MODS could merge the two.

BostonTigers bro, you've probably been away from Bangladesh for too long to remember the type of ego and ignorance-fueled alga matobbori quite commonplace amongst most decision-makers here. Loitta is a renowned club cricket organizer BTW, so go figure ...

Incompetence-R-Us!
I guess your right, for a while I did forget the fact that in BD shobai matbor hoiya jai. I used to play club cricket some 16 years ago in Bangladesh in 1st division, and the people who were involved with cricket then had true passion for the game as money, fame none was there. Sad to see that most of them are not that involved with the board but individuals like Mahbub anam, Lipu bhai i see are still involved with the board. They were leading the way to make cricket more popular during our time, we used to be motivated by their dedication to BD cricket yet I am baffled at the fact that how they are not protesting the fact that some moron like Loitta Kamal is trying to run the show?
Old March 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Lotus Kamal on "Tritio Matra" about BCB's future plans

I was watching Grameen Phone Tritio Matra on Channel i last night as BCB president Mostofa Kamal was invited to discuss about BCB's successes and failures in organising Cricket WC 2011 as a co-host. He was also questioned about Bangladesh cricket team's performance in the tournament and about BCB's future plans to strengthen our overall cricket structure.

While answering the questions Mr. Kamal sincerely admitted that he and his gang in BCB concentrated solely on organising the opening ceremony and the 8 matches of CWC 2011as a co-host since he was appointed as the BCB president 17/18 months back. He also stated that during this period BCB did not prepare or impliment any specific plan to improve and strengthen our overall cricket structure as they wanted to organise the CWC 2011 successfully before concentratng on any reform work of our cricket structure. But he strongly promised that BCB will undertake extensive plans to reform our cricket structure immediately after the WC 2011.

He stated that BCB will work out plans to improve many areas including the following:-

1. Decentralization of cricket
2. Creating a strong first class structure
3. Concentrating extensively on school and age group level cricket
4. Improving cricketing infrastructure and constructing a world class cricket facilty in Cox's Bazar
5. Ensuring highly effective operation of GP-BCB cricket academy
6. Strengthening the natonal age group teams and "A" team to ensure a strong pipeline

Well.......though I have found Mr. Kamal to be a big mouth so far, I am counting on him one more time to see what he does for our cricket.

Like millions of people of Bangladesh I madly love our cricket and so I will keep dreaming about a very strong and respectable BD cricket team till the very last moment of my life.

Lets see if Mr. Kamal can transform his words into actions.
Old March 22, 2011, 10:04 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think he is just trying to save his job. Unfortunately, he may succeed. But, I hope that he fails in keeping his BCB presidency.
Old March 22, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
I was watching Grameen Phone Tritio Matra on Channel i last night as BCB president Mostofa Kamal was invited to discuss about BCB's successes and failures in organising Cricket WC 2011 as a co-host. He was also questioned about Bangladesh cricket team's performance in the tournament and about BCB's future plans to strengthen our overall cricket structure.

While answering the questions Mr. Kamal sincerely admitted that he and his gang in BCB concentrated solely on organising the opening ceremony and the 8 matches of CWC 2011as a co-host since he was appointed as the BCB president 17/18 months back. He also stated that during this period BCB did not prepare or impliment any specific plan to improve and strengthen our overall cricket structure as they wanted to organise the CWC 2011 successfully before concentratng on any reform work of our cricket structure. But he strongly promised that BCB will undertake extensive plans to reform our cricket structure immediately after the WC 2011.

He stated that BCB will work out plans to improve many areas including the following:-

4. Improving cricketing infrastructure and constructing a world class cricket facilty in Cox's Bazar
6. Strengthening the natonal age group teams and "A" team to ensure a strong pipeline

Well.......though I have found Mr. Kamal to be a big mouth so far, I am counting on him one more time to see what he does for our cricket.

Like millions of people of Bangladesh I madly love our cricket and so I will keep dreaming about a very strong and respectable BD cricket team till the very last moment of my life.

Lets see if Mr. Kamal can transform his words into actions.
Chor palaile buddhi bare...
Old March 22, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Kamal is sly fox. He knows how to save ***. This is how our politicians are.

When he was appointed in 2009, he promised to complete decentralization by the end of 2009. More than 1 year passed after the deadline. What happened so far?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 22, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

So he and his team were only thinking about successful organization of the event!!
And after the WC debacle now he will concentrate...bhalo bhalo BCB head hoite ki requirement lage jante pari ki.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If he can only work single threaded, then he wont do all those thing as the next T20 WC is in Bangladesh, he will focus on that now.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
If he can only work single threaded, then he wont do all those thing as the next T20 WC is in Bangladesh, he will focus on that now.
The question is does he know what is the priority or he will be reactive like this WC...and i doubt he knows about our T20 status
Old March 22, 2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
He can multitask. He takes care of his CA farm and his global "empire." BCB is only a side business for him. How can he be a multitasker for BCB?
Old March 22, 2011, 11:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

He's talking like Tamim did throughout the WC!
Old March 22, 2011, 11:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

A big mouth is always a big mouth. But this time he has promised that these plans wont be in words any more........Lets see what he does. Actually we have to tolerate him as I think he will not be removed from that post. Because he is in the good book of the PM. I am just trying to be optimistic. What else do we have except for cricket that somer times makes us proud?
Old March 22, 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
A big mouth is always a big mouth. But this time he has promised that these plans wont be in words any more........Lets see what he does. Actually we have to tolerate him as I think he will not be removed from that post. Because he is in the good book of the PM. I am just trying to be optimistic. What else do we have except for cricket that somer times makes us proud?
If you in the PM's good book, you can get away with murder. Generally figuratively, but sometimes literally!
Old March 22, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Why isn't he called Shapla Kamal? Why the Lotus?
Old March 22, 2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Why isn't he called Shapla Kamal? Why the Lotus?
Coz his name rings better as 'Lota'

Old March 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Then why not Bodna Kamal?
Old March 22, 2011, 09:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Then why not Bodna Kamal?
Lota Kamal Bodna...bodna is his daak naam.

he introduces himself as "bodna, lota bodna" in a fobby James Bond impression.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 23, 2011, 06:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

"Bodna" Kamal has no idea about cricket. He just told what someone told him to say in TV.
Old March 23, 2011, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

pura BCBr shobai mile khali WC organise korse,na?haven't they ever heard of division of labour and departments?
Old March 23, 2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Need an effective BCB which can perform multitasking.