facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 13, 2004, 01:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Hidden Message in the Quran

Ok guys, here is what I got in a forward e-mail. So, thought to share with you guys.

Quote:

Some very interesting findings of Dr. Tariq Al Swaidan:

Tariq Al Swaidan discovered some verses in the Holy Qur'an that mention
one thing is equal to another, i.e. men are equal to women. Although this
makes sense grammatically, the astonishing fact is that the number of
times the word man appears in the Qur'an is 24 and the number of times the
word woman appears is also 24, therefore not only is this phrase correct
in the grammatical sense but also true mathematically, i.e. 24 = 24.

Upon further analysis of various verses, he discovered that this is
consistent throughout the whole Qur'an, where it says one thing is like
another. See below for astonishing result of the words mentioned number of
times in Arabic Qur'an:

Dunia (one name for life) 115. Aakhirat (one name for the life after this
world) 115

Malaika (Angels) 88 . Shayteen (Satan) 88

Life 145 .... Death 145

Benefit 50 . Corrupt 50

People 50 . Messengers 50

Eblees (king of devils) 11 . Seek refuge from Eblees 11

Museebah (calamity) 75 . Thanks 75

Spending (Sadaqah) 73 . Satisfaction 73

People who are mislead 17 . Dead people 17

Muslimeen 41 . Jihad 41

Gold 8 . Easy life 8

Magic 60 . Fitnah (dissuasion, misleading) 60

Zakat (Taxes Muslims pay to the poor) 32 . Barakah (Increasing or
blessings of wealth) 32

Mind 49 . Noor 49

Tongue 25 . Sermon 25

Desite 8 . Fear 8

Speaking publicly 18 . Publicising 18

Hardship 114 .... Patience 114

Muhammed 4 . Sharee'ah (Muhammed's teachings) 4

Man 24. Woman 24

And amazingly enough have a look how many times the following words
appear:

Salat 5,

Month 12,

Day 365,

Sea 32, Land 13

Sea + land = 32+13= 45

Sea = 32/45*100=71.11111111%

Land = 13/45*100 = 28.88888889%

Sea + land =100.00%

Modern science has only recently proven that the water covers 71.111% of
the earth, while the land covers 28.889%.

Old January 13, 2004, 04:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is known for quite some time now. I read it few years ago. There are few others than the one that you list. Some of the counts on your list are new, I wasn't aware of them before.
Old January 15, 2004, 02:44 AM
Cricket Legend

What are the ones not listed
Old January 25, 2004, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Month 12,

Day 365,
I thought Quran used the Lunar Calendar :P

And I can't find the relationship of Men as to Women as blah blah as to blah blah!

Where are the equality? Apparently you tell a little program to generate all 12, 13, 14 etc words contained in a book and can find all sorts of relations between them. All these Muslims numerologists are giving us bad names.
Old January 25, 2004, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Good point orphy. Shouldn't it be 354 days then?
Old January 25, 2004, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah it shoud be around 355 unless almighty did it on purpose. He wanted us to formulate solar system from the text
Old January 25, 2004, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Almighty wouldn't like the idea of leap year then either
Old January 25, 2004, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
yeah it shoud be around 355 unless almighty did it on purpose. He wanted us to formulate solar system from the text
Quran uses both solar and lunar years. Please read the chapter 18 where God is narrating the story of "sleepers of Ephesus". God narrates their time in the cave as:

[18:25] They stayed in their cave three hundred years, increased by nine.

This unusual style of giving their duration of stay is done to give both solar and lunar duration. In 300 solar years there are 309 lunar years.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Almighty wouldn't like the idea of leap year then either
American Heritage Dictionary defines a solar year as:
The period of time required for the earth to make one complete revolution around the sun, measured from one vernal equinox to the next and equal to 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.51 seconds.

So in rounded integer value it is still 365 days.

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by nasif]
Old January 25, 2004, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
2.189 R.Khalifa: They ask you about the phases of the moon! Say, 'They provide a timing device for the people.........
I have just used the quranic search engine that you gave me before to see some text regarding moon. I think you would agree with me that Quran EXPLICITLY mentions the use of the lunar calendar. I mean we determine everything from the sight of the moon. There are numerous calendar system and it is ludicrous to think that God will mention them all. He just needs to mention one that people can fathom. The quote that you cited to substantiate the 365 days argument is a bit off.

again from your website
Quote:
Y.Ali: So they stayed in their Cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more)

R.Khalifa: They stayed in their cave three hundred years, increased by nine.

Pickthal: And (it is said) they tarried in their Cave three hundred years and add nine.

Shakir: And they remained in their cave three hundred years and (some) add (another) nine.

Literal: And they stayed/remained in their cave three hundred years and they were increased (by) nine (years).
Most of the translation shows that they stayed in the cave for 309 years. There is no connection of Lunar and Solar Calendar. You can penetrate the literal meaning a bit differently. It says incresedd by 9 years. Which means 300 years is computed by adding 9 years every "decade"?...

I really don't see solar and lunar connection here.

Nasif bhai, one thing that you should keep in mind while defending these sorts of numbers is that they were created by MEN. The comment that I made does not attack Quran at all. It only attacks the person who wrote that silly number. So you have to stop defending everything that you see whether or not it makes sense. If someone attacks the Quran, then you can formulate your own explanation.

Thanks
Old January 26, 2004, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Orph:
Yes Quran EXPLICITLY uses the lunar calendar for calculating our religious timings. At the same time God does not forbid using Solar calender.

Quote:
Most of the translation shows that they stayed in the cave for 309 years. There is no connection of Lunar and Solar Calendar. You can penetrate the literal meaning a bit differently. It says incresedd by 9 years. Which means 300 years is computed by adding 9 years every "decade"?...
I thought it was pretty obvious. In 300 solar years there are 309 lunar years. The verse in question could have just said 309 years. But this un-usual wording of "300 years increased by 9 years" gives us clues to solar and lunar calender.
Solar: 365days*300years = 109500 + 75 leapyear days = 109575 days total
Lunar: 354.4days*309years= 109510 days
109575=~109510 (65 day difference is insignificant).

Quote:
Nasif bhai, one thing that you should keep in mind while defending these sorts of numbers is that they were created by MEN. The comment that I made does not attack Quran at all. It only attacks the person who wrote that silly number. So you have to stop defending everything that you see whether or not it makes sense. If someone attacks the Quran, then you can formulate your own explanation.
Orph don't take it so personally. I did not say that you attacked Quran. Nor did I give that type of suggestion in my post. Just trying to clarify things. I am not formulating any explanation. Just stating the obvious.

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by nasif]
Old January 27, 2004, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Nasif, I understand your conversion of solar to lunar years. Just because it comes out right doesn't mean that almighty had that particular calendar system in mind. Is there any mentioning of SUN as a measure of time in that ayat's context? Or in anywhere in the Quran for that matter? That line alone will not convince me that almighty had solar calendar in mind if he didn't mention of such a thing elsewehere. It is a bit silly to think Allah is talking about tropical calendar here just from the mere conversion. I think you will agree with me if I say Allah is logical. Now, don't you think it is a bit strange that he is using the solar calendar in his book while explicitly telling the souls that you should follow Lunar system.
It's just a coincidence that the conversion matched. And I must give you credit for thinking out of the box. That was pretty clever I will give you a very good example of what coincidence is all about in a second.

By the way can you tell me the arabic word for day (complete rotation of the earth) and the arabic word for day (as in day light)? are these two words similar? The number 365, did it come from an English translation? I can see a plenty of problem if it did That is just for my curiosity... so if you can find it.. please let me know!

Example of coincidence:
September 11. There were all these ridiculous games circulating after the 9/11 incidence. Some said it was done on 11th because twin tower looked like 11. Flight number that hit one of the towers was 11. I forgot the number of the other one but it was somehow computed to be 11 (similar to your computation). 9+1+1 is 11. What do these numbers tell me about the motive of the terrorist? NOTHING! Does it reveal that the destruction was done to attack the supremacy of the US? NO. Cripple the economy? NO (None were successful anyway... sucker!:p ) Those numbers do not tell us anything eventhough coincidently they all point toward the tower 11. Some even suggest that 9/11 was chosen because of the ayat 9.11 where Quran talks about fire in a big city and some jihad?? (gotta check) I am pretty sure there is no bearded numerology lover among Osama's group. Just from the number alone, you are telling me God uses both solar and lunar years????

HOw about this? The Nasdaq in 2003 ended in 2003? What does that tell you? I forgot how Dow jones ended.. it matched somehow........ Do these numbers mean anything.. NO Oh yeah.. the 3 number lottery on 9/11 was 911!

In any ways, this white bitch is kicking me out of the library... gotta go..

Ps. I don't take anything personally!