facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2012, 10:37 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
I think we are getting overboard in critising Da Fan. He did have some valid points:

1) Non playing nation such as Associate U-19 team beating Professional Rich Cricket Board U-19 team, It's a sign of worry. especially in a Big Event like U-19 Asia Cup.

2) If Afghanistan U-19 team has been practising better than U-19 bangladesh Team with limited resources, what has bangladesh cricket board done to help the U-19 bangladesh team to be well prepared?

3) Most of our win's are coming at home venus for the U-19 match's but we fail to do as expected in overseas condition. However, the Afghanistan U-19 or Senior Team play most of it's match's overseas and does well such as the T20 Qualifier!

At the rate which Afghanistan is improving, I won't be shocked if in future, Afghanistan trash us in ODI or T20 overseas or maybe some at home venus. I really like the way and rate at which Afghanistan are improving so much, much better rate then bangladesh.
lol..really? Can you give us some example of their improvement??

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old June 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
lol..really? Can you give us some example of their improvement??

They were in the '8'th division just a few years ago. Now, they are making a serious case to be given ODI status. Don't you follow the various ICC divisions and progress? Let's not be so provincial.
Old June 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
More seriously - ignore the OP, but acknowledge them as a rising cricketing nation and celebrate it. But - make a vow to kick their and everyone's *** next time.
Absolutely boss! Just could not resist the fun It is admiring effort that a warn torn country is making headlines for the good cause. Respect to Afghani cricketers (both junior/seinor teams).
Old June 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Who cares? World ends this year. Afgans aren't getting test status.
Old June 27, 2012, 10:49 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
They were in the '8'th division just a few years ago. Now, they are making a serious case to be given ODI status. Don't you follow the various ICC divisions and progress? Let's not be so provincial.
im not saying they are not improving.. But telling they are improving at a faster rate than us and has a better future than us is quite silly.. Because there are huge difference in quality between International Cricket And Divisional Cricket...

Old June 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFan
Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than inBangladesh

ScoreCard

Plus considering the fact that Afghanistan is a war torn country with hardly any cricket budget and Bangladesh, which has been playing test cricket for 10 year with much better domestic set up; its quite pathetic really. Bangladesh has been a minnow for the past 10 years and will be in the future. Afgan has way better prospects from U-19 than from the losers BD U-19 team.
DaFan, dont know you really belong to which fan club, but Afgan is PAK 2, nothing else. They live in PAK (refugee camp or whereever else), they breath in PAK (refugee camp or whereever else), they have full access to PAK cricket structure, they play in PAK,they grow up with other PAK cricketers. If their future is not bright than whose is? But the fact is,AFG will have brighter future as long as they live in refugee camp in pakistan...as soon as they leave refugee camp in pakistan and return to REAL AFG territory, their cricket will have "Kenyan death". Just for your FYI, kenya once was a great threat for BD, but now BD's under 10 team can beat them anyday, anywhere...

BTW, BD U19 lostto AFG ~21+ team (where they had few national team players too).

Please DaFan, dont get carried away just by 1 single win...
Old June 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Afgan and ireland may well do better then us who knows..but without england and pakistan's help how further these countries will go remains to be seen..but atm they are doing more then enough..kudos to them
Old June 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Afgan and ireland may well do better then us who knows..but without england and pakistan's help how further these countries will go remains to be seen..but atm they are doing more then enough..kudos to them
Right on, NW.. specially Afganistan cricket will die as soon as real AFGANs from Afganistan start to play , not so called AFGANs living in Pakistan..
Old June 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
^^ I'm surprised to see myself agreeing somewhat with MSM. How come our progress is so slow compared to countries like Ireland, Netherland, and Afghanistan? Shall I point my far grubby fingers art the management?
Netherlands hasn't made much improvement, IMO. Ireland and Afghanistan yes. But I'm not so sure we should expect that Bangladesh will always improve faster and faster than others just because they're associates. As long as we improve and move up the rankings who cares how Afghanistan and Ireland are doing?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

No one is saying we have to agree with the opening post, but we can at least give them thumbs up. They surely deserve that much.

NightWolf what is Pakistan doing for Afghan cricket? Are pakistani players leaving their future behind to go play in Afghanistan? And how is England helping Ireland team? If anything England hurt Ireland by taking Eoin Morgan, on the verge of losing Boyd Rankin and George Docktrell. If you are talking about Irish players playing in county that's not England helping them. Under EU rules Irish player can play as local players in county team England didn't come up with this on their own. Also Irish players are not the only players Dutch players play in county teams as well.

I love how we are all pointing out by oh don't get carried away by 1 win. What did we used to/still do after 1 big win? I suppose this can be more of an advice for Afghanistan team/fans rather than a put down.

Last edited by Ajfar; June 27, 2012 at 07:26 PM..
Old June 27, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsan
As is "Poppy growing in Bangladesh has better future than Afghanistan"
Quote:
No. Our weather is too dry. Darn, do I have to teach botany too?
Push-po'r ghondo shune elam....stick to sativa guys...much safer and non-addictive.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

easier to succeed against the associates than the top 8 test teams, but they have had a really strong and quick rise. ireland are doing alright to, they've kept up strong performances when teams like scotland, netherlands, kenya showed promise but haven't been able to sustain it like ireland have. wouldn't be surprised if ireland get test status in the next few years and afghanistan could well be the best one-day associate team in a couple of years and be beginning to challenge the top 8 teams.
Old June 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
No one is saying we have to agree with the opening post, but we can at least give them thumbs up. They surely deserve that much.

NightWolf what is Pakistan doing for Afghan cricket? Are pakistani players leaving their future behind to go play in Afghanistan? And how is England helping Ireland team? If anything England hurt Ireland by taking Eoin Morgan, on the verge of losing Boyd Rankin and George Docktrell. If you are talking about Irish players playing in county that's not England helping them. Under EU rules Irish player can play as local players in county team England didn't come up with this on their own. Also Irish players are not the only players Dutch players play in county teams as well.

I love how we are all pointing out by oh don't get carried away by 1 win. What did we used to/still do after 1 big win? I suppose this can be more of an advice for Afghanistan team/fans rather than a put down.
Irish players get to play county as a local player. so they don't have to compete with other intl players. And Afgan team is situated in Pakistan were pakistan is spending heavily on them so that the have a puppy like us (to them we r puppy of india)...

Hope you get the big picture now
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

So what? Do we need to demean others to feel better about ourselves. The reason this thread got so many responses is that we seem to be very insecure. The barb hit too close to home. What we been up the ranking ladder and not languishing at the bottom, this thread would have died from lack of attention.
Old June 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
So what? Do we need to demean others to feel better about ourselves? The reason this thread got so many responses is that we seem to be very insecure. The barb hit too close to home. What we been up the ranking ladder and not languishing at the bottom, this thread would have died from lack of attention.
Ding Ding Ding Jackpot!
Old June 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I propose we ban cricket and go on a roti diet to become proper fans supporting the right team. Hopefully the aforesaid "roti diet" would turn our children who will NEVER KNOW RICE, into fair skinned, muscular and preferably bearded cricketers within a generation or two. If it does -- it may not because Bangladeshis won't abandon Bangla, rice, fish and their non-Nasheed music anytime soon without immediate guidance from Islamic Brotherhood -- then we may return to cricket as guys playing for United Islamic States of Talibania spreading from Bangladesh to the KSA.

BC can become the Salafi cricket site it needs to be.
I genuinely respect your knowledge, experience and insight on many things, but i have to say the above is other end of the extreme. I know you said everything sarcastically, but the rhetorics in your sarcasm are disturbing. I think it's unfair to associate someone/ someone's intention with Islamic extremism just because he/she mentioned of a roti diet. I also personally felt that the idea was ridiculous and we shouldn't panic just after one loss against Afghanistan, but to read so much in between lines and find a connection to hidden Islamic agenda are totally unfair, IMHO.
Old June 27, 2012, 11:32 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar

Quote:
ok let me rephrase my lines.."when Ireland and Afghanistan players play in their OWN not foreign First Class system like us"......continue with my post

i know its EU's rule not england's..it doesn't matter even if i made that rule, Ireland and Netherlands are getting the benefit, why ireland is doing better than netherlands?..IMHO cricket is more popular in ireland than netherlands and they have real irish players where Netherlands has mixed group of players in their national team. again thats just my opinion you dont have to agree with this

they may well do much Better even if this comes true but right now playing in the strong FC system is helping them a lot..and its our fault that we have a ugly FC system
Old June 28, 2012, 01:39 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ok let me rephrase my lines.."when Ireland and Afghanistan players play in their OWN not foreign First Class system like us"......continue with my post

i know its EU's rule not england's..it doesn't matter even if i made that rule, Ireland and Netherlands are getting the benefit, why ireland is doing better than netherlands?..IMHO cricket is more popular in ireland than netherlands and they have real irish players where Netherlands has mixed group of players in their national team. again thats just my opinion you dont have to agree with this

they may well do much Better even if this comes true but right now playing in the strong FC system is helping them a lot..and its our fault that we have a ugly FC system
Netherlands have performed superbly in the CB40 domestic English competition this year. They are improving fast and learning how to win. We have to remember that cricket is the 27th most popular sport in Holland and this is why they have struggled.

Ireland will gain Test status and they will be a force in our lifetimes. Their structure and coaching system is based on the ECB and played in schools.
Old June 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ I wonder what it would be like if Germans really took to cricket. (I know there are some clubs in Berlin and other major cities but those are run mainly by expats) One German friend of mine started playing cricket while he was at school in India and within a couple of months he was already a pretty good fast bowler, delivering well directed, neck high bouncers at good pace and causing Indian batsmen to jump! (It helps that he was 6 foot 3 when he was 17!)
Old June 28, 2012, 02:13 AM
Cricket Savant

rifat bhaya to dekhi reeti-moto junaid bhaier bhokto hoye Galen* dekhi.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; June 28, 2012 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: *not to be confused with the ancient physician
Old June 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Netherlands have performed superbly in the CB40 domestic English competition this year. They are improving fast and learning how to win. We have to remember that cricket is the 27th most popular sport in Holland and this is why they have struggled.

Ireland will gain Test status and they will be a force in our lifetimes. Their structure and coaching system is based on the ECB and played in schools.
thats what i meant..it'll be nice to see what ireland can do when they have test status..at least they wont do worse then us
Old June 28, 2012, 04:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I dont really see a big future for cricket in European countries. There are tons of other sports out there and only delusional people can see cricket becoming popular there. Thats why Asia is one place where cricket can really catch people's minds...b4 spreading the globe.

And ive seen people like Dhoni and Dravid, as well as chris cairn spreading the game in some of the south eastern parts of Asia
Old June 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

I like how one loss to AFG means they have a better future than us.

I also like how beating India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and so on still means we haven't learn how to win.
Old June 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
I like how one loss to AFG means they have a better future than us.

I also like how beating India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and so on still means we haven't learn how to win.
You mixing two different things. Under 19s cricket is a lottery. Anyone can beat anyone to be honest, and as the Under 19s get 'too old' a new group comes through from below so it's always a fluid situation. So a loss to AFG Under 19s whilst embarrassing, is not shameful.

At full international level, beating India, SL and SA is usually not common. An odd win here and there proves very little.

If you want to gauge how Bangladesh is doing just use the raking points for Test Cricket as your guide. This will tell us all we need to start with.
Old June 28, 2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFan
Cricket in Afghanistan has better future than inBangladesh

ScoreCard

Plus considering the fact that Afghanistan is a war torn country with hardly any cricket budget and Bangladesh, which has been playing test cricket for 10 year with much better domestic set up; its quite pathetic really. Bangladesh has been a minnow for the past 10 years and will be in the future. Afgan has way better prospects from U-19 than from the losers BD U-19 team.
Ha! Ha!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Even our Ash and Co. beat your national team with ease. Keep dreaming buddy!!!