facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

thanks zunaid bhai! the banner looks just awesome!

Old September 28, 2008, 09:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Thanks Zunaid Bhai for putting PIlot on the banner, a great stalwart that he is, he really deserves that!
Old September 28, 2008, 09:23 PM

He was the 'Last man standing' almost all of our respectable defeats, may not be impressive to some [of us], but to me a symbolic dedicated character which is desperately needed in our new boys. With technical faults, odd looking shots, straggling for runs, sometime even become constant target of sledging but always stood for a cause or purpose within own limitation is a heart of a winner, even though the game stat says otherwise. Wish him all the best in rest of his life.
Old September 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

bye khaled masud pilot. thanks for everything u did for our country.

may be our stupid selectors wont recognize u and properly utilize ur talent but we fans will always remember u. after 14 departure and recent worst performance of BD team, it would be wise to bring u back or atleast should have given u chance to play for the last time.

some guys are saying BD match is not charity. when we came to conclusion that we r not charity. i think last 3 years the way we r performing its nothing more than a charity.

what difference it would make to select pilot ahead of mushfiq in test match?
Pilot's keeping is much better
In our fragile batting order, he could have taken the match into 4th days, may be 5th days.

but its our loss, i will say great loss for our country.

honestly, after khaled masud's departure, i think dhaka warrior (ICL) players did the right thing, except aftab, i think rest of them did the right thing.
Old September 28, 2008, 10:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
bye khaled masud pilot. thanks for everything u did for our country.

may be our stupid selectors wont recognize u and properly utilize ur talent but we fans will always remember u. after 14 departure and recent worst performance of BD team, it would be wise to bring u back or atleast should have given u chance to play for the last time.

some guys are saying BD match is not charity. when we came to conclusion that we r not charity. i think last 3 years the way we r performing its nothing more than a charity.

what difference it would make to select pilot ahead of mushfiq in test match?
Pilot's keeping is much better
In our fragile batting order, he could have taken the match into 4th days, may be 5th days.

but its our loss, i will say great loss for our country.

honestly, after khaled masud's departure, i think dhaka warrior (ICL) players did the right thing, except aftab, i think rest of them did the right thing.
Yes, the great loss was AFTAB, and may be Shahriar Nafees too (specially for Test)!
Old September 28, 2008, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Retirement of another of the greatest players in BD history.
-A very honorable retirement indeed!
Thank you Khaled Mashud for your immense contribution to bangladesh cricket! Without your contributions, who knows if BD would have entered world cup cricket till date! -No one is to say!
Good luck on your future endevours and wish you the best of luck for your future!
-Salute!
Old September 28, 2008, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

oh this is recent, for some reason i thought someone was digging up old threads....

nothing new to say about KM, you were in our hearts, you'll be in our hearts.....
Old September 29, 2008, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Here is the top 15 by runs scored during last years NCL 4 day league. He surely deserved a call up to at least the preliminary team.

NameMatchesInnsNot OutRunsHSAve10050CtSt
Nazimuddin (Chit)10201720121*37.89 165
Ehsanul Haque (Chit)10182688117 43.00 1410
Imtiaz Hossain (Syl)9170647148 38.05 233
Alok Kapali (Syl)10180620168 34.44 215
Khaled Mashud (Rjshi)1017061089 35.88 05213
Imrul Kayes (Khul)10180600138 33.33 214
Rajin Saleh (Syl)8141554131*42.61 144
Raqibul Hasan (Bar)1019053757 28.26 046
Gazi Salahuddin (Chit)8160531138 33.18 123
Mahmudullah (Dh)918451681*36.85 039
Tushar Imran (Khul)6110515165 46.81 132
Shakib Al Hasan (Khul)6111513108 51.30 244
Golam Mabud (Syl)9163503110 38.69 1491
Nazmus Sadat (Khul)916048895 30.50 045
Dhiman Ghosh (Chit)1018246482 29.00 02373
Pailot scored more than Imrul Kayes, Rajin Saleh and even Nayeem Islam, who have been called in the squad only as a pure batsmen. Look where Dhiman is standing. Sagir Hossain scored just 275 runs in 9 matches and stands way below. Mushfiqure Rahim scored 244 runs in 6 matches with only 1 fifty in 11 innings!!!

This is a clear prove of the fact that how the selection process or the selectors are killing our cricket. Clear picture that performance is not the only consideration for players to to be selected, other aspects matters!!! what are they????

This whole process is not only destroying our cricketing future but also ruining the confidence of performing young cricketers and encouraging them to think other ways of entering the team and other places to show their cricketing skills instead of national team.
Old September 29, 2008, 12:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash
Default A tribute to KM Pilot

PILOT, you have steered our cricket to a new dimension with your SSSSIIIIXXXX in ICC final
otherwise we might not have our ODI status and for this I salute you
You were the inspiration behind the wicket for a long time and served the country well
You were the best wicket keeper we ever had
You raised the bar with your great performance and determination
You gave the country a lot to be proud of
Have a happy retirement
Old September 29, 2008, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Interesting comments by Pilot at Prothom Alo today, Especially the last section:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...TIwMzI2&mid=OA==

He says: He also fears, like Rafique, what is happening to Bangladesh cricket recently with many wrong decisions and with the directions. They fear that with these wrong decisions, we may not be far away to follow Zimbabwe cricket...
Old September 29, 2008, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Interesting comments by Pilot at Prothom Alo today, Especially the last section:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...TIwMzI2&mid=OA==

He says: He also fears, like Rafique, what is happening to Bangladesh cricket recently with many wrong decisions and with the directions. They fear that with these wrong decisions, we may not be far away to follow Zimbabwe cricket...
Pailot is absolutely right and if it continues, lots of young cricketers will loose the interest to play for the team and ICC will then loose interest on us.
Old September 29, 2008, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Goodbye Mashud. We owe you a lot.
Old September 29, 2008, 03:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Khaled Mashud,

What a player! what a person!

He has been one of the few who have actually made a great impact on Bangladesh's cricket.

From hitting that whopping six to put Bangladesh into its first World Cup to leading the team from the front.

I have met the person and amongst the seniors he is the most friendliest.

Cheers to mate.
Old September 29, 2008, 03:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Pailot scored more than Imrul Kayes, Rajin Saleh and even Nayem Islam, who have been called in the squad only as a pure batsmen. Look where Dhiman is standing. Sagir Hossain scored just 275 runs in 9 matches and stands way below. Mushfiqure Rahim scored 244 runs in 6 matches with only 1 fifty in 11 innings!!!

This is a clear prove of the fact that how the selection process or the selectors are killing our cricket. Clear picture that performance is not the only consideration for players to to be selected, other aspects matters!!! what are they????

This whole process is not only destroying our cricketing future but also ruining the confidence of performing young cricketers and encouraging them to think other ways of entering the team and other places to show their cricketing skills instead of national team.
Seems fishy
Old September 29, 2008, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank you Pilot for your contribution to BD cricket. One game or innings can make big difference for a team and your performance particularlly in ICC championship in 1997 helped us to be there where we are now. Wishing good luck on your future work.

Last edited by nasimul; September 29, 2008 at 05:35 AM..
Old September 29, 2008, 05:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Bangladeshi thinking is very funny. You guys think retiring anybody who is just past 30 or even 25 and bringing in a so called youngster would solve all the cricketing ailments
Old September 29, 2008, 05:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I was expecting a good gesture by BCB giving him chance to play a test vs NZ. Alas poor fellas proved their limitation once again.

Hat's off to PILOT. You gave so many things to BD cricket.

Only that six in ICC trophy could make you hero, after that you have added lot more.

Thanks for your service to the nation and make us proud. Hope and pray for your success of your Academy.
Old September 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

Thanks Pilot for everything!
Old September 29, 2008, 10:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Big gloves to fill.

May you succeed in your next endeavor.
Old September 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Old September 29, 2008, 11:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Mashud hasn't played any international games for last 2 years but still looking so fit.

Chacha dekhi onek motu hoye geche aager cheye..
Old September 29, 2008, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Great career KM Pilot. I think he will give a lot more to Bangladesh cricket in different capacity.
Old September 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Chacha had that Bhuri even as a fit member of playing 11

Old September 29, 2008, 12:08 PM
Cricket Sage

"I am a senior player and I think there should be an understanding with the selection committee," Mashud told the Dhaka-based Daily Star. "They could have talked with me. Ian Healy once told me the Australian board informed him a month in hand that he would not be around. I think if that practice was undertaken by our board, it would be a little less painful for senior cricketers like me."

Mashud was replaced by Mushfiqur Rahim for the 2007 World Cup and he said he had tried hard to make a comeback. "They [selectors] told me my batting was failing me, so I concentrated on that. Then they told me I didn't keep regularly in the National Cricket League. Is it a crime to not keep for three or four matches in an entire season?

Mashud said the most memorable moment of his career was the ICC Trophy win in Malaysia in 1997. Bangladesh were chasing 166 in 25 overs and Mashud, with 15 off seven balls, was there to guide them to a final-ball win. "Whoever I am is because of that ICC Trophy final. There would be no Khaled Mashud or Mohammad Ashraful if we didn't win that match. It was the turning point and we united Bangladesh with that win."
Old September 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
"Whoever I am is because of that ICC Trophy final. There would be no Khaled Mashud or Mohammad Ashraful if we didn't win that match. It was the turning point and we united Bangladesh with that win."
Very well put. I like that commanding tone he said this in.

I will admit that I was among the ones who were happy with KM's exit during the WC. It's better late than never...I was wrong. Mushy has been a failure, while Dhiman turned out to be a dhokabaj.

When you think of that...you'll realize that Mashud has no comparison with these idiots.