facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2004, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Our performance on day one.(Sabina Park)

Hello everyone! I’m new in here. Just registered today n’ am I glad to find a Bangladesh cricket forum!! I’ve been sharing my views with all the West Indians during the test series in their forum. I’m outnumbered big time in there! They are mostly concerned with their team, so I was kinda’ desperate to find some of MY ppl, great to be here fellas! I reckon our performance on day one wasn’t quite up to the mark, while they have done well to come back from 97/5, but 264/9 in that pitch is by no means satisfactory. The pitch did offer a bit of early help to the bowlers but later on flattened out ’n can u ppl recall a single player getting out to an exceptional delivery? I mean..They just played reckless shots! I don’t even wanna talk about Hannan Sarkar here! He seems to have completely lost it. He doesn’t know where his off-stump is ’n I can’t believe he left that ball alone yet again!! I know Biddut hasn’t been in the greatest of forms but he shouldn’t have been sent home. We still need him, Rajin Saleh obviously has the best technique of all our batsmen but looks as if its about time he sees a psychologist. The bloke looks rock solid until he goes near fifty. Every time he approaches a fifty, he seems to have a mental block! I can’t blame Bashar, that’s the way he plays..that’s how he gets all his runs. When it comes off..it looks spectacular. When it doesn’t..it looks horrendous just like it did yesterday. The lower order is doing a fantastic job but if I wanna be really critical, I’d blame Pilot for playing such an awful shot in the 85th over. There was no need for that. Ashraful continues to look good & throw it away. Ones he scores over fifty in one innings..that’s it! Don’t expect anything else from him in the rest of the series. Javed Omar with his limited ability tried to occupy the crease but played an uncharacteristic shot to get out. That really was the pattern of play on day one. Batsmen getting a start & throwing it away. Lets hope our bowlers can turn things around on the second day. There will be catches flying in from all directions ’n we gotta latch on to them. Rafique & Manjarul will be the key with the initial breakthrough being provided by Tapash. Lets hope we can restrict them to somewhere in the region of 300. If they can do so, It’ll be quite an achievement on a pitch which looks better as the day goes on. Take care everyone ’n do pray for our team….
Shehwar

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Shehwar]

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Shehwar]

Old June 5, 2004, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Please edit your post and make it legible Shehwar, it's very diffcult to read in its present state.
Old June 5, 2004, 09:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default welcome shehwar!

Welcome to the home of the Tiger fans on the net :tiger:

Agreed with you on thing. The batsmen seem to get out once set at the wicket to pretty reckless shots. We need more responsible innings from our top order. And we should stop relazxing and giving it all away to the token spinner!