facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2004, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Reversing the order....Seriously!!!

Alright guys, I know that we have joked about it and laughed about it, but let's take a deep breath and consider this seriously:

Should we actually reverse the batting order?

Let's face it, the top batsmen aren't getting runs, they've never gotten runs, and unless something drastic happens, they most likely won't get runs in the future either. Our late order has had to come into crisis situations so many times that they have gotten very very good at batting, especially against the new, or fairly new ball. I am not proposing that we do something silly like opening with Tapash and Tareq, but how about if we go from 5-10 then from 1-4, the batting lineup would then look like this:

1. Rajin

2. Mushfiq.

3. Rana

4. Pilot

5. Rafique

6. Tapash

7. Tareq

8. Hannan

9. Golla

10. Bashar

11. Ashraful

Now, what are the advantages to this method? Obviously, the first is that the people who are getting the runs get a chance to do it earlier in the innings when there is less pressure. Tapash won't have to finish batting and then immediately start bowling and we have a strong 'tail'.

What are the disadvantages? Well, obviously there will be some hurt feelings amongst our 'top' order, but what have they done for us lately? There is the possibility that this might be protested by the other teams (anyone know the rules about this?). Also, if either Ash or Bash are doing well and just one wicket falls, well, that's it.

I know I know, this is an insane idea....but is it really that insane? Our top order doesn't get runs anyway, why not give a chance to the guys who do? At least we'll make news.

Old June 5, 2004, 09:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

i kinda thot of that too...well..i don think the coach n captain wud be crazy enuf to do that...but i wud sure want them to try it out
Old June 5, 2004, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

no nobody should do that...
Old June 5, 2004, 05:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Even outsiders know it!

Click for link--->BBC Message Board on BD tail-enders

Just check stephen jg post.
Old June 5, 2004, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I wouldnt do it, but in the second innings I would send a nightwatchman (Aziz ? Baiysa ?) in to replace Sarker, and then bat him at 5 or 6.

But after this tour, Sarker does need to drop down a grade to get some runs. Me, I'd send him to play club cricket in England, as I dont think Bangladesh club cricket is a high enough standard.