facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2007, 07:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Calm down please!! we managed a draw. Only 5th in history

Well, winning was virtually impossible. We could have gone for it. Unfortunately we decided to stay back, but that does not discredit Bangladesh's achievement after playing a test after 13 months.

Mashrafe and Shahadat played with hearts took 9 wickets between them.

Rafiq returned with 4 wickets in the match.

Mashrafe made the impossible possible by his 79 off 91 balls, Javed got a good half century.

Rajin played a good innings and Bashar is also back in business with some runs.

These are all positives from this Test.

Except first innings batting debacle, we played neck to neck to mighty Indians for most part of the match. That's great achievement considering our test record.

Let time come slowly, we will have more opportunities and hopefully we will bem ore habituated with such situations and will go for win.

now calm down and let's prepare for the second Test.

Last edited by Miraz; May 22, 2007 at 08:02 AM..

Old May 22, 2007, 07:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Char din koshto koira tire aisha tori dubano tai dukkho lage
Old May 22, 2007, 07:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

it hurts... give us a little time miraz bhai...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 22, 2007, 07:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Miraz..we understand..but the way first 60runs were scored..and after that the decision of sending Rajin....bhai - shojjo kora koshto..

Does a win come tamely?..One has to fight for it. Sending Rajin out with Ash and Mash caged..looks like how Mir Jafar fought in 1757.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtim
Char din koshto koira tire aisha tori dubano tai dukkho lage
This is Test cricket. Hard game, win is not only a good result.

In fact we were never in "Tir", we could have gone for some brevity, but that was never very easy as it sounds.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
Miraz..we understand..but the way first 60runs were scored..and after that the decision of sending Rajin....bhai - shojjo kora koshto..

Does a win come tamely?..One has to fight for it. Sending Rajin out with Ash and Mash caged...
Agreed with this part whole heartedly.

Quote:
looks like how Mir Jafar fought in 1757
But disagrees with this part strongly.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Miraz vai, all these achievements are compensated by the loser mentality at the end. sometimes its stupidity when trying something imposible, though this time it was also very very difficult, but was quite safe. it would be a draw anyway. when we need to imject passion and fighting mentality in the young team like us.. this will definitely a step back. anyway, things will change hopefully after some mangement changes.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Does a win come tamely?..One has to fight for it. Sending Rajin out with Ash and Mash caged..looks like how Mir Jafar fought in 1757.
perfectly said. we are sort of
Old May 22, 2007, 07:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is Test cricket. Hard game, win is not only a good result.

In fact we were never in "Tir", we could have gone for some brevity, but that was never very easy as it sounds.
It's never easy nor possible when you don't try at all.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Well, winning was virtually impossible. We could have gone for it. Unfortunately we decided to stay back, bit that does not discredit Bangladesh's achievement after playing a test after 13 months.
What achievement it rained for 3 day? I can take may positives from this match(Mashrafe, Rajib, Rafique) but this what could of been should of been feeling is going to be hard to get rid off. Dravid was giving us a Victory with open arms and we had it after 10 overs hell we had a chance after 21 overs and we saved India from total humiliation.

Rain effected Draws mean very little, Test Victories? Those are very precious considering we only had one vs Zimbabwe.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:33 AM
Test Cricketer

I think BD played positive cricket. India had a good possibility of winning at one point of time. BD nullified that and stood firm for a draw.

But I am happy with India's performance. They could have used their reources better however to win he match. But then these things happen.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
Miraz vai, all these achievements are compensated by the loser mentality at the end. sometimes its stupidity when trying something imposible, though this time it was also very very difficult, but was quite safe. it would be a draw anyway. .
Really!!

We got bundled out for 90 in the second innings against India in the debut Test and lost 7 wickets for 122 runs in 38 overs in the first innings of the current Test match. We ensured a draw by some positive and good batting.

It was not always on the card.

Last edited by Miraz; May 22, 2007 at 08:16 AM..
Old May 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Calm down, we only gave up a good opportunity to win a test match against a real opponent.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Miraz, if you go back four years when we used to loss regardless match type (odi or test) and opponents (Kenya or Australia), you will get the same positive findings (like someone's 50, someone's 3/4 wkts, someone's brilliant fielding etc. etc.). We are now at different level. The days of positive findings are over. Now the days for win or loss.
We should not encourage this pathetic losser mentality. We know we have a big problem lossing too many wkts in the begining. But today we had a decent start. we scored 50 runs just from 9.2 overs and 1 wicket. Was not a perfect platform to chase down a total of 250 in 43 overs? If not, what do we need to win a match?
Old May 22, 2007, 07:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Defeat #30 to #31 (I don't know how many we lost) Not a big deal to me, going from Victory #1 to #2 would mean the world. I could of cared less if we collapsed like a stack of cards as long as we went for it and those last 7 overs? Scust!
Old May 22, 2007, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Disappointed, but not as I was 2 or 3 years back when Bangladesh played test cricket, This proves that we're changing along with time.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Disappointed, but not as I was 2 or 3 years back when Bangladesh played test cricket, This proves that we're changing along with time.
good point bro... but let's not wait too long turning the corner... the buiraz gotta go...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 22, 2007, 07:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Really!!

We got bundled out for 90 in the second innings against India in the debut Test and lost 7 wickets for 122 runs in 38 overs in the first innings of the Test match. We ensured a draw by some positive and good batting.

ya...really. even if we had lost 2 more wickets (e.g. Ash and Mash), we could stay their for another 20 overs for a draw. as you mentioned how we ended up in 90 runs or 122/7 in 38 overs, i can say also 79 runs partnership for around 20 ovres. their is always positive and negative, whichever you choose. And if you are happy with a draw, then shouldnt be, it was for the rain. Rain and Dravid gave us a opportunity to win a almost lost game (if it was 5 days and considering our 1st innings) and pathetially we didnt even try till end. jsut shamefull mentallity.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
we scored 50 runs just from 9.2 overs and 1 wicket. Was not a perfect platform to chase down a total of 250 in 43 overs? If not, what do we need to win a match?
We need to send Rajin and ask him to be extra careful
Old May 22, 2007, 07:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
We need to send Rajin and ask him to be extra careful
and save LOT of wickets so that next test they can bat in the third innings.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

it will take some time to calm down...

positives
Mashrafee and shahadat was amazing (both batting and bowling)
our second innings batting did not collapse
Rafique was good after the first day

But, The truth is that we drew a 3 day match!!! So we should not be too happy about it.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

Ok..guyz..now really cool down..and hope we do better in 2nd test. Nofight among brothers
Old May 22, 2007, 07:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

me still believe that we just miss a chance....but draw is not so sweet like win...sending Rajin was awful
Old May 22, 2007, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Really!!

We got bundled out for 90 in the second innings against India in the debut Test and lost 7 wickets for 122 runs in 38 overs in the first innings of the Test match. We ensured a draw by some positive and good batting.

Miraz bhai,
I know you are a strong avdocate of the present improvement of BD team. Specially from 2005. Chances don't come easy. Actually this was half a chance almost close to impossible. But not trying can not be justified. That is positive cricket. It became almost a twenty/20 type game. With all the "Mardanga" batsman lineup at least we could try. Rajin was there if we had collapsed 50/5.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Really!!

Fair and square Miraz bhai.
But dont let history be the only criteria for your present and future decisions.

If your statement is anything to go by, we should loose every match even before it starts. our players should still get star-stuck by the name of Ponting, Tendulkar and Dravid. Our boys should still go out there to fight our an honourable defeat. Us fans would still tune in just to get the shere pleasure of our boys playing in an international level.

I think the time has changed since those days.
So should the thinking policy.

Yah, its our fourth draw. Great acheivement, ( thanks to RainMan for that as well).
But after the platform has been set and the target was within possibility, our players should have had the attitude that showed they can, they believe they would.

Bashar and JO should have bn a bit more aggressive as they were at the beginning of the innings. Next in should have been Ash or Mashrafee. Try hit out few runs and see how things going.

We had only 30 odd overs to defend once Bashar was out. IF we had lost one or two early wickets trying chasing down the target, there was always the ultra defensive moode and going back to solid batting practise. Rajin is the man for that. He could have come down the order to ensure things are holding up fine in case of emergency.

Lotts of If's, what's, uff's and aha's to be answered.
But i, as a fan, would have been more satisfied with the acheivement knowing we went down with a fight. Not like a whimp.

Let us be proactive, not reactive.

cricmanDefeat #30 to #31 (I don't know how many we lost) Not a big deal to me, going from Victory #1 to #2 would mean the world. I could of cared less if we collapsed like a stack of cards as long as we went for it and those last 7 overs? Scust!

I think cricman said it beautifully.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]