facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Happy with Zim series performance?

So we are out and To be honest i am not extremely happy but i am not complaining. We started the tour very badly.4 straight losses then back to back win against 2 teams,something which Bangladesh was lacking before the Asia cup. So we can safely say our boys didn't let go the Asia cup momentum,That was the main objective IMO. And that too with out shakib and a not 100% fit tamim.

So not a great result but overall i am satisfied

your thoughts?

Old June 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Improvement needed

NOT AT ALL HAPPY!!QUITE DISAPPOINTED because having defeated both zimbabwe and southafrica we havent learnt to adhere to the details on runrate which have cost us the opportunity to displace ZIM in the final .It is vital that in the future tournaments we learn to give close attention to aspects such as NRR and outplay opponents when games get closer. Need to improve further!!
Old June 23, 2012, 10:26 AM

Well, not happy. I was hoping Anam could be our opening partner with TI, but seems I have to wait a bit longer. I still want him to play against the Irish just to give him more time.

Zia disappointed me the most = he slogs, slogs and slogs. Can't rotate by taking singles or two. Abul has pace but no variations at all. He needs to work it out.

The way we won against the Safers was a disappointment too. You can say a win is a win - that's "crap" logic to me. Cricket is not al about winning, rather how you play -wasn't a joy to watch.

I will give 5 out of 10 in over-all score to the tigers.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Not at all. We lost against Zimbos just to prove we are still minnow (I don't care about SA losing to ZImbo)
Old June 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Not all that sad but not all that happy either. Could've done a lot better and we shoul've went to the finals but...whatever..Now we should focus on ireland and the rest of the series! Also just cause we dont have Shakib or Tamim doesnt mean that you're gonna drop catches like we did in this series!! One thing i wanna tell the team is TIGHTEN UP!
Old June 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, not happy. I was hoping Anam could be our opening partner with TI, but seems I have to wait a bit longer. I still want him to play against the Irish just to give him more time.

Zia disappointed me the most = he slogs, slogs and slogs. Can't rotate by taking singles or two. Abul has pace but no variations at all. He needs to work it out.

The way we won against the Safers was a disappointment too. You can say a win is a win - that's "crap" logic to me. Cricket is not al about winning, rather how you play -wasn't a joy to watch.

I will give 5 out of 10 in over-all score to the tigers.
right, but one thing everyone will have to agree that they didn't let the asia cup momentum totally slip by even without shakib and tamim, we still won two back to back games against two different test playing teams..something that was (achieved in asia cup) missing for so long in Bangladesh cricket. so no matter how ugly the consistency is there
Old June 23, 2012, 10:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

We did not win it.

We are at a point in our journey where we should not be happy with anything below the title. Satisfied? fine. OK with it? fine. Happy? You should not be.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am happy becoz :
-after Asia cup we had a long brk from intrntnls.
- played in African conditions without Sakib,with a less fit Tamim & three new faces
-knowing how poor we r in teatwnty we started badly but learned from our mistakes. one loss one win against both SA and Zim. so égalité.

It's not how it starts but it's about how well it ends.
Look at Zim,they started with two wins, now two defeats, and if they lose tommorrow then it will be three consecutive loss which will hurt their confidence.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old June 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

There is a lot of room for improvement. It will be best for us to see where we need to particularly improve. Game plan is a big thing for T20 cricket, we need to concentrate on our game planning and on opponent's as well. As we didn't play many T20 over the years, this series definitely will help us to evaluate where we stand right at this moment.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

It was Ok, expected BD to reach the final, they didn't. Mahmudullah batting was quite better more like a finisher. Nasir, Mortaza, Ziaur, Razzak, Mushy did ok. To me it's been a OK-SERIES. There's allot improvements needed, fielding was really poor, in all departments need to improve train harder.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

We should've won the first match against zimb. That match was a total blunder. We would've been in final if we had won that.
Anamul disapointed me. I was expecting to see some foot movement, more rotation of the strike from him. don't know if he lacks those qualities or was it due to pressure of first series as a national team player. He is a fabulous fielder though. He shouldve been included in the U-19 now. I think His inclusion in national team was too soon and needless at this moment. I hope this series didn't damage his confidence.
Zia..A better version of Reza. He has power. Well built. Can be handy after some polishing. Should work on his technique. Pybus has a job in hand.

Final would've made me happy
Old June 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

satisfied, but one thing which might hurt us in the irish tour is that we havent batted first (excluding 1 game in the practice matches against zimbabwe where we got like 120) in over 8 10 games. I am really hoping we go to ireland a bit early and play a couple/few practice matches before the actual official matches!
Old June 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I am happy with this tournament because we got to see a different side of this squad in this series.

The results mean absolutely nothing since it's a unofficial tournament. Our critics would have said its a South African C side even if we had won the finals.

Our biggest positive as it is with any practice tournaments was to see different players with different roles and responsibilities. From this tournament we have seen that Tamim and Ashraful could be an ideal opening combination for the opening slot... and Mahmudullah can be a key player when he is not under the shadow of Shakib in the middle order, lastly both Anamul and Ziaur needs a lot of coaching by Pybus. I hope we continue to experiment and give ample chances to all these guys in the Europe tour so that everyone gets the opportunity to hone their skills before the T-20 WC
Old June 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I am happy with this tournament because we got to see a different side of this squad in this series.

The results mean absolutely nothing since it's a unofficial tournament. Our critics would have said its a South African C side even if we had won the finals.

Our biggest positive as it is with any practice tournaments was to see different players with different roles and responsibilities. From this tournament we have seen that Tamim and Ashraful could be an ideal opening combination for the opening slot... and Mahmudullah can be a key player when he is not under the shadow of Shakib in the middle order, lastly both Anamul and Ziaur needs a lot of coaching by Pybus. I hope we continue to experiment and give ample chances to all these guys in the Europe tour so that everyone gets the opportunity to hone their skills before the T-20 WC
i heard this many time in the couple of days that both ash and mullah is playing well without shakib they can play freely, but one thing both of them have to understand that they have to play like this with shakib too, its not like that Shakib wont be back just because these two can play their natural game
Old June 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i heard this many time in the couple of days that both ash and mullah is playing well without shakib they can play freely, but one thing both of them have to understand that they have to play like this with shakib too, its not like that Shakib wont be back just because these two can play their natural game
that is the thing. Now that they could play like this...they will themselves have the self belief hopefully for the future matches with Shakib back in the line up.
If we have an in form Ash and Mahmudullah along with Mushy, Nasir, Shakib and Tamim then that is a strong unit by any standards
Old June 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Not happy knowing we could have done much better. Hope we show improved performance against Ireland. Just can't afford to get beaten by Ireland
Old June 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

50-50
Old June 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Not happy, but not too dissappointed as well. Without shakib, tamim and rubel our team looks weak. However, I think this tour was more for learning than for real performance. At least we know who are good players in this format. Anamul and jahurul have dissappointed, we know zia is nothing but a slogger. Abul and reza are not answers to our question. It wudve been really good had we gone into a final but this tour was more of a learning curve.

The irish tour, now that is time for some showdown
Old June 23, 2012, 11:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Result wise its ok but i just hope the main purpose has fullfilled.
Old June 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

You shouldn't be too worried - the result is with 75-80% team not playing (i.e. Shakib) So fair enough, the team looks alright with Mahmudullah and Mushy in form. Hopefully Nasir will be back in form soon to and with Shakib back, obviously the team looks formidable. Although I still believe it was a mistake to leave out Arafat Sunny and Mominul out of the squad. Zia almost cemented his spot I suppose, need such a slogger in your team.

Euro tour will be crucial though, they should get the team combination right by then.
Old June 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
You shouldn't be too worried - the result is with 75-80% team not playing (i.e. Shakib) So fair enough, the team looks alright with Mahmudullah and Mushy in form. Hopefully Nasir will be back in form soon to and with Shakib back, obviously the team looks formidable. Although I still believe it was a mistake to leave out Arafat Sunny and Mominul out of the squad. Zia almost cemented his spot I suppose, need such a slogger in your team.

Euro tour will be crucial though, they should get the team combination right by then.

shakib is only 25-30% which for a single player is still a high %age
Old June 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Not happy but at the same time not upset. Still have some work to do before we go in to the T20 Worlds. Our middle order again did very well. Add in Shakib along with Nasir, Mushy, and Riyad and we got a very strong middle order. I was also happy to see Ash doing well. We've had a huge problem at the opener's spot and it's relieving to see that we have that spot resolved even though it's just for T20's.

Now about our new guys. I know Zia looked ugly it's his first tour and also in different conditions so it's understandable to see him struggling. He still has some work to do on his batting. His bowling I thought was also decent. Anamul was disappointing but it's his 1st tour and not everyone's like Nasir. That being said, I wouldnt mind if the selectors play him in the A team tour rather then the national team. It should help him develop his game further. I think Abul's got skills but is still very raw. Ideally it would be better if he was also in the A team tour if Shafiul comes back.

I'm excited to see what happens in the Ireland tour.
Old June 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Not really. Overall performance 60/40. They should've beaten Zim in the warm up matches, and also in the 1st match. Secondly, poor bowling & fielding performance against the proteas, and throughout the tournament. They should've gone to the freakin final.
Old June 23, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Well, it's over. Towards the end, the team have done well. What matters is how they build up their momentum from this point on.
Old June 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

OK tour. Nothing to write home about, but no need for an investigation either. We built momentum, and we got better with each match. Can't really complain. Need to beat Ireland 3-0 to keep that momentum going.

#OneTeam1Dream