facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2006, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks like BCCB will have to make spinning wickets for the Kenya series

Old March 1, 2006, 02:04 PM
Test Cricketer

I swear Kenyan's work damn hard...

Defending that small target....

Feeling really sacred about BD playing Kenya.....

I Hope Mashrafee to be fit for the 4 ODI series....and Aftab to be in form. Ash also....Rafique also...
Old March 1, 2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Bangladeshi batsmen still have got the problem playing out swing ball. They shouldn't take Kenya easily and they should be watchful about playing the ball out side the off stump even though it's Kenya !!!
Old March 1, 2006, 05:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Relax guys, its just Kenya, who gives a sh't about them anymore. We won the ICC trophy, we have a better cricket foundation at home and all the things are in place for future of cricket in Bangladesh and just take a look at our u-19 team. btw, Kenya can't even compete in u-19 tourney. anyone wonder why ?
comparing Bangladesh and Kenya now is just foolish, there was a time when they were better than us but now its a different era all toghether.

Have u guys seen who Kenya is playing against ? The zimba.. team is a joke, the captain never played an ODI before this series.
If you ask me its a waste of time for us to play Kenya at this time, we will gain nothing out of this other than some bragging rights (yes we will win the series, no question about it). We should always be playing better teams to better ourselves at this stage ( 5 years from now, things will change and we will do the same to weaker opponents at that time).
I say play full strength in the first two matches, win them and then rest players like masri for aussie series. we should beat them without our full strength any given day ( i realize this is cricket and accidents happen).
faltu topic. who's kenya ?
Old March 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally posted by sadat_04
Relax guys, its just Kenya, who gives a sh't about them anymore. We won the ICC trophy, we have a better cricket foundation at home and all the things are in place for future of cricket in Bangladesh and just take a look at our u-19 team. btw, Kenya can't even compete in u-19 tourney. anyone wonder why ?
comparing Bangladesh and Kenya now is just foolish, there was a time when they were better than us but now its a different era all toghether.

Have u guys seen who Kenya is playing against ? The zimba.. team is a joke, the captain never played an ODI before this series.
If you ask me its a waste of time for us to play Kenya at this time, we will gain nothing out of this other than some bragging rights (yes we will win the series, no question about it). We should always be playing better teams to better ourselves at this stage ( 5 years from now, things will change and we will do the same to weaker opponents at that time).
I say play full strength in the first two matches, win them and then rest players like masri for aussie series. we should beat them without our full strength any given day ( i realize this is cricket and accidents happen).
confidence bhalo, kinto eto confidence .......
Old March 1, 2006, 06:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Do you watch cricket..and aware of Tikolo, Odoyo, Otieano,
Shah and others...they are like our players!!!
Old March 1, 2006, 06:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SH, MH, TA

Quote:

Now there is no difference between you and Ponting! I think we still should respect Kenyan until we win the series...
Old March 1, 2006, 07:07 PM
Street Cricketer

khela dekhar ki kono babostha ache? dilmatv ba willowtv or bangladeshlive ki dekhabe?
Old March 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Even after the defeat, Zim's coach find Kenya's bowling ordinary-
[quote]"Kenya have an ordinary attack. We were not bowled out. We gave it away. There is no excuse for playing like we did. The players can only blame themselves. It's total irresponsibility. We've seen the Kenyan bowling and it's not frightening."

- Kevin Curran

cricinfo
Old March 2, 2006, 01:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

We shouldn't be worried about Kenya. They are a strong team and our record against them is pathetic to say the least. But after all these ODI wins and getting so much exposure, if we can't beat Kenya 4-0, we should suspend our players for a month!

Thats not overconfidence.. but what the approach should be. Those guys havent played a match since 2003 until now. Whereas we've taken down Aussies, India, SL in the meantime.

Edited on, March 2, 2006, 6:08 PM GMT, by nayef.
Old March 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't think we will be able to win it 4-0 and as long as we win the series 3-1 I would be happy........ Kenya is not a bad team at all and in their good day, they are capable of beating any team
Old March 2, 2006, 03:04 PM
Street Cricketer

if they continue to play the way they r playing at this moment, i dont see bangladesh winning the series. may be they will win a game! and if bd looses this series they should just just give up their test status them self and start playing icc trophy again. atleast the scorecard looks better when we play usa and canada. oh! no not canada! oops! i forgot last time we played against them we lost.
Old March 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Kenya's weakness against spin is exposed.

Look who took most wickets against Kenya in today's match- Higgins is a leggie (fresh from U/19 team), Utseya offie, and Dabengwa SLA.
Old March 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

nice..... kenya is reallty struggling with their batting which is a good thing...... after 134 now 122
Old March 3, 2006, 10:49 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I read in this thread that if kenya did not win both the last 2 matches, then they do not qualify for champions trophy qualifier. they lost today. so, we are in? can someone clarify please.
Old March 3, 2006, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

hey guys.. stop worrying what will happen when keneya visits bd. just leave it for the time to come
Old March 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Looks like BCCB will have to make spinning wickets for the Kenya series
and we have Rafiq and Enamul to rip thru Kenyan batting...

My prediction is 3-1 series win, if not 4-0.

Also I have a feeling that Aftab would brust in this series against Kenyan attack.

Edited on, March 3, 2006, 9:52 PM GMT, by gravitY.
Old March 3, 2006, 04:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by joybangladesh
khela dekhar ki kono babostha ache? dilmatv ba willowtv or bangladeshlive ki dekhabe?

vule jan.. khela dekhar kotha.. even if bdlive shows you could hardly feel it as a cricket match.. coz too many people flood in their server.
Old March 3, 2006, 09:20 PM
Cricket Guru

AS we will loose the second test badly too i believe we should start thinking about this series from now on so that we also don't get another humiliation.
Old March 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Kenya will play one team and one team only.
Bangladesh will play Kenya and BANGLADESH. Those who are trying to be pessimistic are simply afraid of this.

Those who bring up the Stats forget that the last time the two teams played was almost three years ago and it was an UPSET. Also, let's also consider the playing eleven in those six matches during 1997-1999. Do some research, come back and we'll talk.

As for predictions, I am more worried about our players either getting over confident or putting too much pressure on themselves. Kenya is a fine (AGING) unit and they have a good enough team to play test cricket (for NOW atleast) but they really need to get their act together and put a lot more focus in their domestic/youth cricket. Guess which team didn't even qualify for the 16 nation (yep, 16 teams made it and they weren't even there) under 19 world cup cricket? Africa was represented by Uganda and Namibia (aside from South Africa and Zimbabwe).

1 Ken 347/3 50 50 - W Pres. Cup 1 v Ken in Ken 1997/98 at Nairobi (Gym) [1239]
2 BD 197 43.4 50 348 L

1 BD 100 41.2 46 - L Pres. Cup 5 v Ken in Ken 1997/98 at Nairobi (AK) [1243]
2 Ken 102/2 17 46 101 W

1 Ken 236 49 50 - L CC Tri. 2 v Ken in Ind 1998 at Hyderabad (Decc) (d/n) [1329]
2 BD 237/4 48 50 237 W

1 Ken 226/8 50 50 - W CC Tri. 4 v Ken in Ind 1998 at Chennai (d/n) [1333]
2 BD 198 46.2 49 226 L

1 BD 213 50 50 - L Meril ICT 2 v Ken in BD 1998/99 at Dhaka (d/n) [1413]
2 Ken 215/2 43.5 50 214 W

1 Ken 231 48.3 50 - W Meril ICT 5 v Ken in BD 1998/99 at Dhaka (d/n) [1418]
2 BD 158 41.4 50 232 L

1 Ken 217/7 50 50 - W World Cup 35 v Ken in SA 2002/03 at Johannesburg [1974]
2 BD 185 47.2 50 218 L
Old March 4, 2006, 12:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh should win this 4-0 .No doubt and no question asked.
Old March 4, 2006, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

There should be penalties if BD loses.
Old March 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Gentlemen! Gentlemen! If I wasn't clear enough in the beginning of the thread. Let me repeat myself with a little more emphasis, "We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans." Watch this space.
Old March 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans."

তাড়াতাড়ি আইসা পড়েন,আমাদের বাসায় কাজের মেয়ে দরকার। [ ] কেনিয়ানগুলারে সাথে আনতে পারলে আরো ভালো।

Edited on, March 4, 2006, 5:30 PM GMT, by Shark_fin.

Edited on, March 4, 2006, 5:31 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.content:language
Old March 4, 2006, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

4-0