facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 9, 2015, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Taskin will bowl... he is fielding . Im just behind him lol
damnn i might have been near you bro i was behind taskin and mominul at fine leg for majority of the game.

Old February 9, 2015, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
No SS was not that bat..
His bowling was ok.. he was batting well. Shak didn't take run against riaz n pressure was on him. He had to hit. Somehow I feel he would do better in the top order. We need this all rounder.
I second this.
Old February 9, 2015, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Bangladesh finishing in the last ten over as a Batting unit is a genuine concern. We Need Nasir Hossain immediately. Nasir and Sabbir should play at #6 and #7 respectively. Other than that, this was a good warm up match for both teams.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Before the match: Mushi - http://www.now-bd.com/ittefaq/2015/02/09/42067.htm

Translating some what: "Brisbane camp was very important for us. We have accustomed ourselves with the condition. We know what we have to do to get a good result. I think we can solve our problems in the remaining two matches."

Then he gets a GOLDEN duck. Nice. Contributes to the collapse immensely. What a Playa.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

^^ golden ducks can happen..it's not the first n not the last. He's one of bettter batsmen..no point picking on him.

As for the bowling..taskin was amazing..what a bright future this kid
Old February 9, 2015, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
^^ golden ducks can happen..it's not the first n not the last. He's one of bettter batsmen..no point picking on him.
Ah!! He has no clue of the condition yet he keeps on mouthing. 19, 4, 0. Those are his scores. He has spent the least amount of time among the senior players in between wickets. Is there any rule that we can't talk about the Golden Boy? He lost his captaincy because of the poor performance.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

so people who watched the game today, how was Taskin and Rubel today? Sujon in KK interview said Rubel was the pick of the bowler and some were impressed more with Taskin. I wonder how he bowled out a player like Misbah, possibly their best batsmen.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
so people who watched the game today, how was Taskin and Rubel today? Sujon in KK interview said Rubel was the pick of the bowler and some were impressed more with Taskin. I wonder how he bowled out a player like Misbah, possibly their best batsmen.
Getting through the defences of Misbah is indeed an achievement. I am a little concerned about the four wides he bowled. I hope he isn't trying to bowl too fast and sacrificing control in order to achieve pace. I think even he doesn't bend his back every delivery he should still hit mid to high 130ks. That's sufficient pace provided he lands in the right areas.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Why's it that Bangladesh can never beat Pak? They play with lot of anger and hatred when it comes to India. Same amount should come automatically when they play Pak. Should be more actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Then he gets a GOLDEN duck. Nice. Contributes to the collapse immensely. What a Playa.
As for the collapse, it will have to us after a big partnership. They gotta stay focus in those waiting periods. Not golpo-sholpo with teammates! As long as that doesn't happen to Rahim in the main games. He's the best guy to come out after a big partnership, He's mindset is good. Shakib would be the worst.

Last edited by Dilscoop; February 9, 2015 at 06:12 PM..
Old February 9, 2015, 04:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Getting through the defences of Misbah is indeed an achievement. I am a little concerned about the four wides he bowled. I hope he isn't trying to bowl too fast and sacrificing control in order to achieve pace. I think even he doesn't bend his back every delivery he should still hit mid to high 130ks. That's sufficient pace provided he lands in the right areas.
He also got Younis Khan out with a bouncer. So he does seem like someone who tries to be aggressive. It's understandable as he is still very young. But just don't become like Varun Aaron who thinks pace is everything and gets smacked everywhere. Umesh Yadav seems to have matured in that sense.
Old February 9, 2015, 04:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

the rise of Mushy the batsman happened in sub co flat pitches , he has to prove himself as a batsman in these conditions
Tamim is our most successful batsman out of sub continent.

Bijoy is struggling but I don't see anyone replacing him, Kaedge should have been in the team instead of inexperienced Soumya, Kaedge got a 50 at Lords and a hundred in NZ and has a lot of international experience.
Old February 9, 2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
the rise of Mushy the batsman happened in sub co flat pitches , he has to prove himself as a batsman in these conditions

Bijoy is struggling but I don't see anyone replacing him, Kaedge should have been in the team instead of inexperienced Soumya, Kaedge got a 50 at Lords and a hundred in NZ and has a lot of international experience.
যে নাই, তাকে নিয়ে হা-হুতাস না করাই ভাল নয় কি!
Old February 9, 2015, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

Rahim did get a 80 something in one of the matches against New Zealand in 2010
Old February 9, 2015, 05:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Rahim did get a 80 something in one of the matches against New Zealand in 2010
one innings is not enough, I remember it was a small ground in some university.
even Kaedge got a hundred in NZ
Old February 9, 2015, 06:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Ah!! He has no clue of the condition yet he keeps on mouthing. 19, 4, 0. Those are his scores. He has spent the least amount of time among the senior players in between wickets. Is there any rule that we can't talk about the Golden Boy? He lost his captaincy because of the poor performance.
you can talk about him all you want, but he is the least of our worries when it comes to incompetence.

Last edited by G-man; February 9, 2015 at 08:16 PM..
Old February 9, 2015, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Taskin and Rubel both bowled really well! Rubel was also very entertaining on the boundary

taskin bowled very much at the stumps, so he strayed bit too wide at time..but he got his lines right later on..then demolished misbah's stumps. that was unreal!!!!
Old February 9, 2015, 08:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:

That is alarming but mushi didn't loose his captaincy because of poor form. He was the best batsman at that period. He lost it because team was losing and he was not thinking out side the box.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 9, 2015, 08:23 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
He lost his captaincy because of the poor performance.
Now you are just making things up. He has been very good as a batsman in recent years
Old February 9, 2015, 10:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Wrong! He did much better as a batsman after being captain. His captaincy was taken due to consecutive losses as a team. Yes, his last three innings is a concern.
Old February 9, 2015, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

A five-wicket haul from Mohammad Irfan, followed by an unbeaten 93 from Sohaib Maqsood helped Pakistan edge Bangladesh by three wickets in their warm-up game in Sydney.
Bangladesh, opting to bat, lost two early wickets, but Tamim Iqbal and Mahmudullah counterattacked, adding 168 for the third wicket. Tamim stroked five fours during his 81, as did Mahmudullah during his 83. The pair took Bangladesh close to the 200-run mark, but Mahmudullah was run out in the 40th over, triggering a collapse that led to the team losing its last eight wickets for just 62 runs. Apart from Shakib Al Hasan, who chipped in with 31, none of Bangladesh's last seven batsmen could make more than 15. Irfan collected 5 for 52, including three scalps in the final over, to wipe out the tail and dismiss Bangladesh for 246.
Pakistan's openers departed early in the chase, leaving the team precariously placed at 8 for 2, but their middle order led a recovery. Haris Sohail (39) first put up a 51-run partnership with Younis Khan (25), after which Maqsood took charge. With the asking rate rising, Maqsood and Umar Akmal eased the pressure by adding 63 for the fifth wicket. Bangladesh fought back with two quick wickets, but Shahid Afridi muscled three crucial fours to race to 24 off 20 balls, before he was dismissed by Shakib. It meant that Pakistan needed just seven more runs from three overs, and Maqsood, who hit nine fours and two sixes during his 90-ball knock, helped overhaul the target in 48.1 overs. ....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/828151.html
Old February 10, 2015, 12:00 AM
BC Editorial Team

Bengali Pagol, seems the food is good at Sydney?

Thank you for the great write-up. Would you mind if I edit it some and send it back to you for review - to be published as a first person assessment?
Old February 10, 2015, 12:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

also there was a punch on. this pakistani uncle was causing trouble, then these bangali uncles lost their minds and they all got in each others faces, was hektik..security and them came over n stuff..lot of screaming, gesturing...fight fight fight!!!!
Old February 10, 2015, 01:25 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
As for the collapse, it will have to us after a big partnership. They gotta stay focus in those waiting periods. Not golpo-sholpo with teammates! As long as that doesn't happen to Rahim in the main games. He's the best guy to come out after a big partnership, He's mindset is good. Shakib would be the worst.
I didn't watch the game. And I'm in different continent. I checked the score this afternoon and wrote that comment. Yet, even I knew the reason for collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Shakib, Mushy, mash, Nasir was having random conversation with the coach while Tamim-Riyadh was batting
Source
Old February 10, 2015, 01:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Wow dilscoop..thats genius! u r the kanye west of bc.
Old February 10, 2015, 01:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
PP member who was at the ground:

Quote:
So I went to this warm up game today as it is less than 10 minutes from my house. And oh what a hectic day it was. Since this match wasn't telecast, I thought I'd give a quick rundown of what happened today.

Crowd/Atmosphere: Small ground but amazing atmosphere. Bengali supporters outnumbered Pakistanis by far. Seemed to be more than twice as much. Wasn't completely packed but had a great turnout for a game in Western Sydney and the desi rivalry was amazing. It got to a point where the match became very tense and the supporters got riled up. Every dot was celebrated by the Bengalis, every run by the Pakistanis. Apparently some Bengalis got into a Pakistan Murdabad chant and all hell broke loose. A fight or two but was quickly broken up by the security and police. The noise and the atmosphere, despite it being just a warm up match was insane. It certainly didn't feel like a friendly warm up Lucky we won though, would have to hide my face in shame if we lost to Bangladesh with so many of their supporters there

First innings bowling: Disappointing from Pakistan in my opinion. After the two early wickets, Tamim and Mahmadullah were allowed to really settle in and milk singles and find gaps. It seemed too easy. Irfan bowled well as he got good bounce and Bangladesh didn't look settled facing him but still they managed to play attackingly when he was bowled towards the death and PP overs and he ended up being more expensive than he usually is. Yasir Shah bowled well though, we definitely need to go with 5 bowlers in the WC. Sohail Khan bowled a nice line and length but didn't trouble the batsmen too much, the nervousness at the start by BD contributed a lot to his nice looking figures. Bangladesh batted well in the middle overs but gave away the solid foundation at the end, should have gone on to make 270 atleast, especially considering the small size of the ground and boundaries.

Stand out performance: Muhammad Irfan, Tamim Iqbal
Let down: Umar Akmal. His keeping was below par. Perhaps because he hasn't done it in a while but looked very out of place and let quite a few extras through. Why does Pakistan struggle so much to produce a decent man behind the stumps? The fielding in general from Pakistan was horrible, barring Shehzad's run out and an amazing catch by Afridi. A ball was skyed off Irfan and 3 players stood around as Akmal called it from quite a distance but couldn't make it.

Second innings: First of all, I'd like to give props to the Bengali pacers. They bowled much better than Pakistan, they had pace, they had venom and every ball seemed dangerous. Our pace bowling looked weak compared to Bangladesh's, and that's not a statement I though I'd ever say. Anyway Sarfraz was unlucky to get out how he did, Anamul Haque took an absolute screamer diving in the air at slip. Shehzad edged it. Younis did a Younis. We were in trouble. Come to the rescue, future Pakistan. Haris Sohail and Sohaib Maqsood. What a pleasure to watch they were. Looked much more comfortable than the openers. Haris' defensive was amazing and he found the middle of the bat very often, I think he can be a solid anchor at number 3. They rotated the strike and looked for gaps. Highlight for me was Haris lofting one over the only fielder they had on the leg side for 6 and they were forced to push that man back to the boundary. The next chance he got, he nudged the ball where the player that got pushed back used to be and took an easy single. Smart cricket, these 2 have potential. However, just as I was praising him for that, he got out to a stupid aerial shot for 39. Umar Akmal played a nice cameo, Maqsood continued to time it really well and in the end, the amazing atmosphere and aura around seeing Afridi, for one of the last times, come out to bat and tonk it around to take us within reach of victory topped off the day.

Stand out performance: Sohaib Maqsood, Bengali pace bowlers
Let down: Openers

#OneTeam1Dream