facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 16, 2010, 01:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Hahaha.. still can't agree that Siddons is adopting wrong powerplay strategy.

Priceless.

Old July 16, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am superbly happy and relieved to see Mash coming back to his self. For a while, we doubted that he would ever be the same. The fitness issues seem to be thing of the past now. Knock on wood. That is the biggest achievement of this tour. He should take some rest after the series, but make sure the bhuri doesn't take a rest. Keep on working to keep himself fit and regain his strength. Without a healthy Mash, we have no chance in hell in WC.
Old July 16, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I am with Tiger-eSS. Kalpurush should not be allowed to open match thread. First thing I said on 1st ODI MT was "oh know it's kalpurush". I barely know anyone around here, but even I knew how kufa he can be. It's just his name. I think the 1st thing I ever posted on any MT after I joined was something to do with Kufa and his user name.
Old July 16, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
এই রকমের ছাগলামী তো স্কুল দলের টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টও করবে না।
অথচ লাখ-লাখ ডলার দিয়ে গরু-ছাগলে মাথা ভারী করছি।
we can use Mashrafe & Shafiul in BPP...
shafiul is too good a heater to be left behind raj.
Old July 16, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

ijjot bachanor jonno Tiger der dhonnobad..... shamne kopale ki ase Allah jane....
Old July 16, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Yea, won us matches, but too far and between, as it is now. I am not the biggest fan of Siddons when it comes to the one day game anyway. He needs to work on it if he stays with us. I am impressed with his work for tests and making test worthy batsmen. I am afraid I will have to keep repeating it unless that crucial point gets through.
Me too. I have to admit what good he has done.
Old July 16, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
we can use Mashrafe & Shafiul in BPP...
shafiul is too good a heater to be left behind raj.
Shafiul is a clean hitter of the ball. He has prospect as a good hitter down the order.
Old July 16, 2010, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

couldn't follow today's match but looking at TI's strike rate seems like he payed a sensible innings.
Mushy also seem to have done good work behind the stumps.
Shafi was brilliant but expensive again.
Old July 16, 2010, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Hahaha.. still can't agree that Siddons is adopting wrong powerplay strategy.

Priceless.
Miraz we don't need agreement by anyone to get that bangladesh, and many other ODI teams, haven't figured out powerplay strategies yet. The commentators talk about it all the time, and it's not just Bangladesh. Maybe it requires an extra brain that the captain can carry around in a bag around his neck to figure this out, I don't know....but you'd think this was the hardest thing to do since the Egyptians had to build pyramids...but I only watch bangladesh games, and I am tired of this subject. Play with some guts and some brains, Bangladesh!
Old July 16, 2010, 03:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i have to agree with Miraz bhai yet again,

Because IMHO its shouldn't take a genius to figure out when to take the batting powerplay. it is more advantageous to take it earlier because then you are forcing the opposition team to reshuffle their bowling lineup, therby causing a possible tactical blunder on their part. During the powerplay ,they are forced to use their best bowlers, and let the part timers(i.e. lesser effective bowlers) come later...you get the gist

here are the ideal situations when you take the batting powerplay:

1. when both your batsmen are set batsmen
2. 42nd over or from 39th over around that range
3. your batsmen are struggling to get runs but they have stayed at the crease for a while(this can happen anytime and happens manytime and fans get impatient start cursing at people like Imrul, Mahmudullah etc...) Powerplay can then help them because it will impose a fielding restriction and your batsmen are more likely to score boundaries.

please do not compare Bangladesh with other countries, because if other countries havn't figure this out yet, then is that our problem to worry about?

Last edited by Rifat; July 16, 2010 at 04:20 PM..
Old July 16, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

hmm.... so we won.. good to see... atleast we dint lose the series... shafi played well again.. expensive... bt played gr8...n played well too... good to see.....
Old July 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Alhmadulillah! people listening to Qur'an has put more Barakah on this match...

Last edited by Rifat; July 16, 2010 at 04:19 PM..
Old July 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Congrats boys!
Now do it again. Scotland is a side who struggled against Afghanistan.

Last edited by deshifan; July 16, 2010 at 05:07 PM..
Old July 16, 2010, 05:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

So here's my take on the PP conundrum. Yes, ideally you should take batting PP whenever you have two set batsmen who are putting the bowlers under pressure already. But, it's not that simple.

First, suppose the two set batsman you have are more nurdlers than blasters. Think of Riyadh or Jahurul. They are not inventive and not capable of blasting. So should you take PP even when they are batting?

Second, in my years of watching BD ever since PPs were introduced in ODIs, it seems that we inevitably totally lose the plot whenever we hear Batting PP and proceed to lose a bushel of wickets while going for ridiculous shots.

I suspect the latter is the primary reason why Siddons (who clearly is a glass half-empty kinda guy) is so stubbornly sticking to delaying of PPs until the end. I would love to understand if some technical aspect such as the one I outline above is also in play.

For the record, I believe the following players in the side are incapable of taking advantage of PPs: Riyadh, Faisal, Raqibul, Jahurul.
Old July 16, 2010, 05:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Old July 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
Club Cricketer

I think one of the main problems in recent matches in regards to the batting powerplay has been that we have lost wickets at the crucial 30-35 over marks. I f you remeber the first two England games, we were doing well strolling along at 2/3 wickets down at the 30 over mark but we lost wickets and inevitably slowed down at the 35 over mark when we should have pushed on. Similarly against Ireland (first match) there was a good partnership between Siddique and Shakib but Shakib went out at around the 30 over mark. The players therefore have to make the most of the batting powerplay whenever they take it by trying to preserve wickets whilst keeping the scoreboard ticking over during 25 to 35 over marks. Only then can the batting powerplay be taken properly.

The other problem is that against the top teams (e.g England / South Africa) the bowlers used during the batting powerplay are class and therfore it is hard to hit out as they bowl with thier variations (slow bouncers, yorkers - you miss I hit)
Old July 16, 2010, 07:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

This was a professional performance. Well done to our boys.
Old July 16, 2010, 08:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
So here's my take on the PP conundrum. Yes, ideally you should take batting PP whenever you have two set batsmen who are putting the bowlers under pressure already. But, it's not that simple.

First, suppose the two set batsman you have are more nurdlers than blasters. Think of Riyadh or Jahurul. They are not inventive and not capable of blasting. So should you take PP even when they are batting?

Second, in my years of watching BD ever since PPs were introduced in ODIs, it seems that we inevitably totally lose the plot whenever we hear Batting PP and proceed to lose a bushel of wickets while going for ridiculous shots.

I suspect the latter is the primary reason why Siddons (who clearly is a glass half-empty kinda guy) is so stubbornly sticking to delaying of PPs until the end. I would love to understand if some technical aspect such as the one I outline above is also in play.

For the record, I believe the following players in the side are incapable of taking advantage of PPs: Riyadh, Faisal, Raqibul, Jahurul.
jahurul is a good over the top player. he showed enough attacking intent in the last few innings. he is a player who can play both defensive and attacking.

now the case of mahmudullah is he is the no 7-8 or the last recognized batsman to come. so if we dont take PP before M'ullah arives that means we are already late. already our resources up the order that could have used the powerplay are gone. anytime after powerplay when mahmudullah is in crease, mahmudullah puts pressure on his partner, his partner gets out , m'ullah gets out and the tail exposed.

so its better to take the PP when our top 5 is in the crease and two of them are set.

and also another thing that recently happened, while we are eaiting for the PP to be taken after 35 overs our batsmen starts to get slow. the RR slows down from the RR we had upto 35 over as batsman are in a dilemma of should PP be taken or should i keep my wicket until pp. and in the mean time, some overs pass by with only 2-3 runs. and batsman feel pressure and start losing wickets. the anticipation of taking PP creates some pressure. this why in two games agaisnt england batting first we only scored 80ish runs in last 15 though we had 7-8 wickets in hand at the start. also against ireland
we only managed only 71 runs.

in all the three cases, we had good situation at the end of 35 overs. but after 35 overs runs started to dry up, batsman got into pressure, wickets lost and in the 46th over when eventually PP taken we had only tailenders. but around 36th over we had two set batsman and a partnership going that could have used the PP
Old July 16, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

For some reason this win doesn't seem all that at all to me. Perhaps because we lost the first one but still I keep wondering why would the Irish bat first in the same condition, same pitch even after winning the first match batting second. Was this a set up match?
Old July 16, 2010, 09:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
^^^ Is there any drink to reduce weight?
ase to .................... dont know whether it is effective ....... but the best way is every month reduce ur diet by 10% and increase exercise by 10% .... ....
Old July 16, 2010, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
For some reason this win doesn't seem all that at all to me. Perhaps because we lost the first one but still I keep wondering why would the Irish bat first in the same condition, same pitch even after winning the first match batting second. Was this a set up match?
Brother, khela ta dekhse total 50 jon dorshok. Amongst all the ODI's this probably had the least interest, no smart person would set this game up. It would cost too much and yield too little :P
Old July 16, 2010, 11:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Brother, khela ta dekhse total 50 jon dorshok. Amongst all the ODI's this probably had the least interest, no smart person would set this game up. It would cost too much and yield too little :P
Only 50 spectators? Are you serious?

No wonder why they are not getting the full-membership!
Old July 17, 2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hakan Yakin

Ireland has decent football team, they dont care much about cricket. yet still have beaten test teams 3 times. Dayymn
Old July 17, 2010, 02:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Despite the win, Ire has more gains than us in this series; so you have no reason to celebrate at the end of the series.

They attempted to beat BD accepting the odds, to prove a point, I guess.
Old July 17, 2010, 02:51 AM
Cricket Savant

DOES IRELAND HAVE THEIR OWN DOMESTIC LEAGUE ???

most of their players are product of English County .... .....